Brady To Be More Patient W/ Rookie WRs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Brady To Be More Patient W/ Rookie WRs?

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130904-patience-is-becoming-a-virtue-for-brady.ece

Some have debated whether Brady is good at helping groom rookie WRs.  As with any QB, there's a steep learning curve with any new receiver. I'm sure it's not going to be any different this year - other than there are so many new receivers for Brady to throw to.  It's just a matter of time, reps, and experience.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Brady To Be More Patient W/ Rookie WRs?

He doesn't have much of a choice at this point, lol

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree. Bb put him in the position to groom or fail. Frankly I like this. It's not that tb can't do it, because we have proof he can. When he gets knocked for this I laugh. He has helped develop young wr's and te's who have half a brain and can use it to learn the offense. He seems to give up guys who can't, and frankly I can't blame him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130904-patience-is-becoming-a-virtue-for-brady.ece

Some have debated whether Brady is good at helping groom rookie WRs.  As with any QB, there's a steep learning curve with any new receiver. I'm sure it's not going to be any different this year - other than there are so many new receivers for Brady to throw to.  It's just a matter of time, reps, and experience.

Acturally during his interview with the press yesterday he mentioned that because there are so many new receivers he had to change himself and show more patience with them. He's spent time with the remote clicker as a teacher showing each of them when a defense is in this formation you need to do this... He's never done that before whereas it's always been a coach. He also mentioned that after he's pointed out what he expect from them in a certain play and they don't do it he goes back to them calmly and explains what they didn't do right and how to correct it, again something he has never done. In the past he had no patience for mistakes. He said he's had to learn that if his teaching style doesn't work a for one person he's had to try a different method. This was really cool to hear.

Troy Brown also mentioned yesterday that Brady has never done that. We've all seen his responses when one of the receivers didn't execute the play the way it was designed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Maybe he'll buy them munchkins and hot cocoa in the morning on the way in to the stadium.  That way when he yells at them and tells them to get their heads out of their behinds they won't cry as hard.

Seriously though, it's sink or swim with this particular group of WRs Brady has to throw to.  I am not entirely sure that it's a sign of good things to come that Thompkins, Boyce and Dobson are expected to be heavy contributors this season.  They'll have their growing pains, and I am sure Brady will be frustrated at times. But I'd rather see McDaniels and Brady try to develop this group of clearly talented WRs rather than briging in the eqivalent of Doug Gabriel and Reche Caldwell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Sounds like he is excited to work with young guys. New talent. In his presser yesterday,  he said telling them where to go on a route is like telling his 2 y/o to do something. They dont always do it. He said he took a big step up in his communication over the offseason to make sure they are receiving his message clearly. He has def. showed some patience and thats due to him having children and a family now. Class act! I expect Big things from # 12 this year.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

True. The rookies can't be benched after a drop never to see the field again. They have to play a couple of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

lmao....well, he could chew them out during game time.....lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Maybe he'll buy them munchkins and hot cocoa in the morning on the way in to the stadium.  That way when he yells at them and tells them to get their heads out of their behinds they won't cry as hard.

Seriously though, it's sink or swim with this particular group of WRs Brady has to throw to.  I am not entirely sure that it's a sign of good things to come that Thompkins, Boyce and Dobson are expected to be heavy contributors this season.  They'll have their growing pains, and I am sure Brady will be frustrated at times. But I'd rather see McDaniels and Brady try to develop this group of clearly talented WRs rather than briging in the eqivalent of Doug Gabriel and Reche Caldwell.

I kinda like seeing the youth movement in the past couple of years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Thompkins may have the least upside but he is going to have a very good year and be a very good WR for many years.

Were you all sure about Branch when he first stepped on a field in a Pats uniform?

And dont think a guy with Sudfelds hands wont have an impact as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

I kinda like seeing the youth movement in the past couple of years.

[/QUOTE]

I do too.

The league is changing.

The big dollars will go to the most talented players ranked by position. The remaining  money will be distributed to players on the bubble - If they do well they will get more money and stay around. The reason that the average career is 4 1/2 yrs is because there so many at the bubble. the really good players stay around awhile.

I think we have only 6 players 30 and up - and only 1, TB@36 who is over 32?

We have the talent now. But no one knows if they will be able to make big plays in big games -

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Good think his security blankets are gone. If Gronk, Welker and Branch were here the rooks would vanish once they made a bad play because Brady won't look their way again. 

That's one facet of QB play that Manning > Brady on, teaching young WRs what they need to do. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Another thing Troy Brown mentioned while he was around the team during training camp is that this group of receivers and TEs reminded him of the group back in the Super Bowl years. They were all on the same page, coachable and got it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Good think his security blankets are gone. If Gronk, Welker and Branch were here the rooks would vanish once they made a bad play because Brady won't look their way again. 

That's one facet of QB play that Manning > Brady on, teaching young WRs what they need to do. 

I think this is BS line that has no standing.... Gronk and Hern weren't rookies? Welker was never the new guy?  There is no real evidence that Brady is bad at incorporating rooks.

Since 2002 name one drafted WR that did really anything outside of NE.  This is one drafting area that they have not picked up top tier guys for whatever reason. When a guy who is a rookie and the 5th or 6th man on the depth chart makes mistakes... yeah the QB isn't going to waste much time on him.  

This year is different he has to make 100% everyone is on the same page because they are all rooks or new personnel outside of Edelman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I think this is BS line that has no standing.... Gronk and Hern weren't rookies? Welker was never the new guy?  There is no real evidence that Brady is bad at incorporating rooks.

Since 2002 name one drafted WR that did really anything outside of NE.  This is one drafting area that they have not picked up top tier guys for whatever reason. When a guy who is a rookie and the 5th or 6th man on the depth chart makes mistakes... yeah the QB isn't going to waste much time on him.  

This year is different he has to make 100% everyone is on the same page because they are all rooks or new personnel outside of Edelman.

But under that same reasoning Branch, Patton, Gabriel never really did anything outside of NE but were functional here. Heck Branch was SB MVP. So, Brady was capable of developing WRs without overwhelming talent early in his career, then it looked like he wasn't interested in developing players when he had better options on the roster in the middle of his career, now he really doesn't have a choice and yet again shows he can develop receivers later in his career. Basically Brady only works with new receivers when he was forced to. Gronk and Hernandez were the only TE's worth throwing to so Brady had to work them in, Welker came in after the entire 06' WR core was dumped, All these guys are new except for Edelman, Branch came in so early in Brady's career that he had not much say in working him in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[/QUOTE]

But under that same reasoning Branch, Patton, Gabriel never really did anything outside of NE but were functional here. Heck Branch was SB MVP. So, Brady was capable of developing WRs without overwhelming talent early in his career, then it looked like he wasn't interested in developing players when he had better options on the roster in the middle of his career, now he really doesn't have a choice and yet again shows he can develop receivers later in his career. Basically Brady only works with new receivers when he was forced to. Gronk and Hernandez were the only TE's worth throwing to so Brady had to work them in, Welker came in after the entire 06' WR core was dumped, All these guys are new except for Edelman, Branch came in so early in Brady's career that he had not much say in working him in.

[/QUOTE]

Branch, Patton, Gabriel.... I mean wrs that Brady didn't work with that ended up making it big with a QB that would outside of NE

Again in the middle of his carrier who didn't he develop outside of Underwood?... Brady made Edelman serviceable... name the rookies he didn't use?  I thought it was the coach who went out and got Randy and Welker and the other vets who made the team and were able to work with Brady.  I mean Gronk and Hern had to learn to blocking, halfback set, and Wr sets... they made it just fine in the system. 

I don't see it as Brady not working with young WR so much as what WRs did NE bring in that Brady didn't work with... Chad Jackson? Underwood?  Your telling me that I can't find a few of Manning wrs that were droped from the team after a few years and didn't work out?  The thing is the team has gone with experance instead of draft, but  Brady has used every wr given to him.  I could see if there was this long list of failed projects but there isn't.  This is the first year were BB really brought in guys who I though could make the team before the season started in a long while.

I'm just wonder where this perception of Brady not developing young Wr is coming from when the team hasn't drafted guy that should have been this great talent that just fell off the chart.  Most of it is that talent is at the top of the draft and the Pats have been too good to get most of the real talent.  So BB did the next best thing and got FA that he knew could produce.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

yea I mean he threw TDs passes to Cedric Ward one year. Doug Grabriel caugh balls until he was released. Brady threw a TD to JJ Stokes on his way to the old folks home. He made Reche Caldwell look like a # 1.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

well...a lot of those wr drafted didn't do anything here...lol Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

yea I mean he threw TDs passes to Cedric Ward one year. Doug Grabriel caugh balls until he was released. Brady threw a TD to JJ Stokes on his way to the old folks home. He made Reche Caldwell look like a # 1.

I just think this is a this is a flawed premise  that has no proof to back it... Its something the media or people that don't really follow the team have stated but reality doesn't seem to back it up.  

There was a couple games were Brady yell at the 6th wr in the depth chart... oooh.  Like PM never called out his team or players in a game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I just think this is a this is a flawed premise  that has no proof to back it... Its something the media or people that don't really follow the team have stated but reality doesn't seem to back it up.  

There was a couple games were Brady yell at the 6th wr in the depth chart... oooh.  Like PM never called out his team or players in a game.

just an observation. I don't remember observing Brady behave in that way on the field prior to 2005. I only recall him yelling at people and displaying his frustrations maybe in 2009 and afterwards?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

well...a lot of those wr drafted didn't do anything here...lol Laughing

[/QUOTE]

You have to look at who we drafted vs. WR that were the top of the draft class. Would you have given up Richard Seymour to have Reggie Wayne.  I wouldn't but it is just one example... BB for the most part has always went with what the team needs most, Wr has not been at the top of the Draft needs for him for a long time because Brady has produced with almost everyone given to him. When the shift went from JAG wr to talent BB used FA to get it.  Nothing wrong with this approach but it had nothing to do with Brady not working out with new guys.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

just an observation. I don't remember observing Brady behave in that way on the field prior to 2005. I only recall him yelling at people and displaying his frustrations maybe in 2009 and afterwards?

BB put the team on Brady shoulders and I bet at time in a game the stress and frustration of the pressure has shown but again what has this to do with Brady not working with new WR.  There were shot of him yelling at Hern and Gronk when they screwed up.... If a football player has never gotten yell at by their teammates or coaches in a game then he has never played.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I do remember Brady showing emotion prior to 2005 on a missed play and such... we don't get to see what has happened.  We are talking about a few events a year the the media show and they pick and choose what they show us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Branch, Patton, Gabriel.... I mean wrs that Brady didn't work with that ended up making it big with a QB that would outside of NE

Ahh you just answered your own point right there. Receivers Brady worked with did well. Receivers Brady didn't work with didn't. That's kind of the whole argument right there in a nut shell. Brady, when he is forced to work with receivers because of no other choice can develop them. But, when he has other options he doesn't really develop receivers. We have no clue how Jackson, Price, Tate, Johnson could have turned out if Brady worked with them instead of the stink eye after a missed route or dropped pass.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Ahh you just answered your own point right there. Receivers Brady worked with did well. Receivers Brady didn't work with didn't. That's kind of the whole argument right there in a nut shell. Brady, when he is forced to work with receivers because of no other choice can develop them. But, when he has other options he doesn't really develop receivers. We have no clue how Jackson, Price, Tate, Johnson could have turned out if Brady worked with them instead of the stink eye after a missed route or dropped pass.

[/QUOTE]

You can do this with every team pick them apart... 2010 colts starting  wr were (listed below) ... Amazing what PM did with his third and option.  

Now why does Pm get a pass for not making a  name out of Taj Smith or Blair White?  Are your really going to tell me if Brady had Pierre Garcon or Reggie Wayne drafted for this team they would not have become good wrs?  Colts built thier roster through drafting Pats didn't they got thier 1 and 2 from FA.

Sections
Shortcuts