Brady to Ocho: Book it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Brady to Ocho: Book it

I can't help but think we kept this guy on the roster for a reason yet not shown. Is it possible the Pats are going to air it out to Ocho? Basically do what Tebow and the Broncos did to the Steelers which was air it out and catch Pitt off guard all game. Whith Josh back on the sidelines, I bet their will be some deep plays for Chad.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Brady to Ocho: Book it

One can only hope the sleeping giant awkakens at the right time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

He's on the roster because Kraft doesen't want to admit that him and BB made a hugh $6 million dollar mistake plus they have no choice but 2 keep him this yr. because it go's against the cap if they cut him this yr.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Brady to Ocho: Book it:
    [QUOTE]One can only hope the sleeping giant awkakens at the right time.
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

The only ocho can book is his latest tweet messages ,
    if only he cold have the same amount of catches as the number of his tweets 
    he would have been better then megatron 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

We can only hope.  BB kept Ocho for a reason but it still seems awfull strange that he is on the roster all year and no action.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

If he "cold" have as many catches as his tweets? Good job smart guy, your attempt to put Chad down just made you look stupid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i am looking forward to seeing him in the playoffs for i think the 2nd time in his career, he has a lot to play for, i think he can for sure help our offense in the playoffs, his touchdown catch and few long plays give d coordinators something to think about.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ocho is here for a reason. He's BB's friend. That's it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

I would love to believe that, but I don't. The Patriots "have six million reasons" to keep him on the active roster. Reminds me of an old saying. "It's cheaper to keep her."

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Well I think on the opening drive they go long. Ocho is going to help the Pats. And I am not sure Denver will be ready for it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

I also hope the Patriots go deep a few times to Ocho.  However, I have a question about Brady.  Before you guys attack me on this, hear me out.  Brady has/had Ocho the whole season.  They also brought up Underwood who is supposed to be a speedy receiver.  Question:  When was the last time Brady threw a deep pass? Not a short completion that was turned into a long gain, but an actual "bomb" thrown by Brady. Even if the WR is covered deep, why haven't we seen a deep pass to at least take a shot? The last few games the recievers and TE's have not gone past 15yds downfield.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]I also hope the Patriots go deep a few times to Ocho.  However, I have a question about Brady.  Before you guys attack me on this, hear me out.  Brady has/had Ocho the whole season.  They also brought up Underwood who is supposed to be a speedy receiver.  Question:  When was the last time Brady threw a deep pass? Not a short completion that was turned into a long gain, but an actual "bomb" thrown by Brady. Even if the WR is covered deep, why haven't we seen a deep pass to at least take a shot? The last few games the recievers and TE's have not gone past 15yds downfield.  
    Posted by hulk[/QUOTE]

Maybe they prefer the higher percentage throws in the 15-25 yard range and don't think going super deep is necessary given the personnel?  Given that Brady just threw for the 2nd most yards in history and almost 40 TD's it is hard to disagree with that sentiment.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]True, but I would go one step further and analyze the red zone issues this team has, forced balls, no run game established, easy to defend our personnel with a good D and pass rush, etc. Teh field shrinks in the red zone, so it's actually really tough sometimees for Brady to hit his mid range options. Again, the play action off the run game is what opens this kind of a play up.  I like seeing them try something deep in single, early, like in the Denver game when Ocho beat Goodman. That wasn't a bomb, but still.  Be aggressive in this area, because the mid range stuff is easier to hit when the field is more open.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

True, but the deep ball isn't going to help in the red zone either.  As far as moving the ball down the field the mid range game has been lethal all year and the risk of turnovers/incompletions is lower.  Given that Welker, Gronk and Hernandez are all beasts after the catch I think it makes sense to get the ball into their hands sooner rather than later.  It also helps the O-line in pass protection when the ball gets out quickly.  I have nothing against throwing deep, but it's not like the passing game has really suffered this year because of the lack of the deep ball imo.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'm not really sure I understand what you are saying.  Brady can target Ocho or Branch without throwing deep.  I'm not saying he shouldn't target them, but rather the passing game has functioned pretty well this season without the deep ball.  SB 42 was a nightmare precisely because they didn't abandon the deep ball until it was too late.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

let's be honest.  brady's not got the greatest touch on deep balls

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Brady to Ocho: Book it:
    [QUOTE]I can't help but think we kept this guy on the roster for a reason yet not shown. Is it possible the Pats are going to air it out to Ocho? Basically do what Tebow and the Broncos did to the Steelers which was air it out and catch Pitt off guard all game. Whith Josh back on the sidelines, I bet their will be some deep plays for Chad.  
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    In the last few games we saw more shots down field, passes of more than 25 - 30 yards in the air, to Ocho than we had seen the entire season.  In most, if I recall correctly, Ocho was open and Brady didn't exactly throw a good pass.  I believe the play is there and the Pats need to pull the trigger more often as long as Brady has the TIME to throw since these plays take more time to develop.  Opponents are so used to seeing underneath stuff and short to mid passes, they just about ignore the field stretching plays. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady to Ocho: Book it : Maybe they prefer the higher percentage throws in the 15-25 yard range and don't think going super deep is necessary given the personnel?  Given that Brady just threw for the 2nd most yards in history and almost 40 TD's it is hard to disagree with that sentiment.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

+1

Sections
Shortcuts