Brady to Tate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Brady to Tate

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bd0db4/article/bradys-improvisational-skills-produce-tates-td-catch?module=HP_cp2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Brady to Tate

I just watched this and did Welker look open to you as Mike Mayock said?  To me he didn't look open.  I guess he didn't to Brady either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think he needed to let the play run on that side to see how open he would had been.  CB was not turned completely and WW was full stride, he was about to fly by the CB and safety was too far to get there.  If Brady would had thrown the ball over top probably a TD catch but maybe Brady saw something else I'm sure he's looking at the tape and seeing how it was set up.

Just amazing scramble and heads up running on Tate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Watch the play run. WW is quick, but is not a "fast" WR by any means. Just because AW was turning doesn't mean he would be open. Wait two frames and you see what I mean. AW has already closed the gap.

This is precisely why WW is terrible as an edge WR. He is a fantastic slot WR. Until his injury, the best I have seen at making the catch and getting open. But that play is precisely why he will never work in the two TE.

It also shows why NE needs to draft a WR who is taller and has a higher top speed. WW can eat up a cushion, but he can't run away from you. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

zbellino, I don't know what you do for a living but you should be an analyst of some sort. Love the way you reason and explain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Brady to Tate:
    [QUOTE]Watch the play run. WW is quick, but is not a "fast" WR by any means. Just because AW was turning doesn't mean he would be open. Wait two frames and you see what I mean. AW has already closed the gap. This is precisely why WW is terrible as an edge WR. He is a fantastic slot WR. Until his injury, the best I have seen at making the catch and getting open. But that play is precisely why he will never work in the two TE. It also shows why NE needs to draft a WR who is taller and has a higher top speed. WW can eat up a cushion, but he can't run away from you. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt we will be looking for a new wideout come draft time. I'd prefer a guy that's big enough to work the middle of the field as well as fast enough to go long. I'd be willing to sacrifice some speed for toughness too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Why would the Pats need to spend another draft choice on a WR when they already have good talented young WRs on the roster?

Brandon Tate is one of the fasted guys in the league and obviously looks to be coming into form in his 2nd season.

Taylor Price was a raw but very athletic and fast WR for his size comming out of Ohio.  The Pats FO see him in practice on a daily basis and will have a feel for how he can develop. 

So why spend a draft choice on another young WR before finding out how these 2 can develop?  Unless the Pats use one of their 1st round picks on a stud WR, it's probable that anyone they choose in the draft would be have a T Price type of 1st season: learning and sitting on the bench.  Look at most of the top WRs today and see what they did in their first season - mostly very little. 

Price was also comming out of a run oriented offense at a lower school (Ohio) and didnt' get to participate in the off-season practice sessions.  I would give them time to develop and spend their top picks on DEs, OLBs, OLs amd RBs.  Positions of need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

Why not just go after V-Jax? He is a proven beast and the bolts won't be able to keep him, also what team looks better to him? 

Any thoughts?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Brady to Tate:
    [QUOTE]Why not just go after V-Jax? He is a proven beast and the bolts won't be able to keep him, also what team looks better to him?  Any thoughts?
    Posted by Wildwillis[/QUOTE]

Very expensive for a guy who's one parking ticket away from a longggg suspension from the comish, personally I rather have Malcom Floyd he's also an UFA in 2011