Brady wants to go to a winner!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Brady wants to go to a winner!!!

So all you people say we are rebuilding get over it!!! You better think about that comment!!!

Brady said he wants to finish his career with a contender as does Welker and Moss and the rest of the vets...

If we are rebuilding then I guess we better consider drafting a QB...Brady isn't going to wait 3 or 4 more years while we rebuild!!! He will be out next year I guess??

BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE SAY WE ARE REBUILDING!!!!

Have we been rebuilding the past 4 or 5 years?? Why have we been giving away first round picks?

This football team needs a new DEFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY PERIOD!!!! And get a few FA and build your young talent around the Vets as you teach them how to win!!!

No moves being made this year and more vets leaving the team!!! We will be worse than last year at this pace!!!

Maybe we are going to bring back Ben Coates with Crumpler???? And maybe Troy Brown can come back and rush the passer!!!

Go through the NFL starting lineups and compare the Pats starters to them and you will find the Pats in the middle of the pack and probably third in the east????

So you people get over it!!!

I am not ready to be an average football team...I will remain a PATS fan and I will continue to hold the staff and ownership accountable!!!

GO PATS!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

Re: Brady wants to go to a winner!!!

Post on another site tool. There is no other team he wants to play for!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

you could compete for a super bowl by re-tooling maybe,but not by re-building.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

plz sack my nads sir

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

What moves are making us better this year?

How many games did we win last year against teams with winning records?

Do you really think this team as it sits will compete for a super bowl this year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

No, but they aren't playing games in april!!!!!!!!!

There's a thing called 'the draft' in april, and the Pats have a lot of picks in this 'draft'. Last year the Pats selected Seabastian Vollmer in this thing, and he looks to be their LT of the future. That is getting better. There are at least 3 more promising players from the 09 draft, and they will improve next year.

Also, 90% of the FA's are still out there. It's possible the Pats could sign and FA and improve. They did this last year when they signed Leigh Bodden. 

I think some people need to have a little patience here. 

In Response to Re: Brady wants to go to a winner!!!:
    What moves are making us better this year? How many games did we win last year against teams with winning records? Do you really think this team as it sits will compete for a super bowl this year?
    Posted by Patriotsftball

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Good words Rockdog - I can't agree more!!

The point I am making here is we may have the right players!! At this time I think it is all in the game plan we are implementing from week to week!!

We need to let our young players fly around the ball - Open it up on defense a little - Make things happen!!!

Another words BB better open his darn eyes up and get a few good coaches (OC and DC) and let these young kids play!!!

BIG PLAYS are HUGE momentum builders!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

there really should be a minimum IQ to post here. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I agree coaching wasn't great last year and maybe some changes were made in the coaching staff that we won't know about until we start watching the bullets fly for real. I tend to think that if they picked a premier pass rusher with one of their higher picks (and the guy worked out) then it would make a dramatic impact on the D. It also might make it easier to formulate the D game plan. 

Another thing that they might consider is just simplifying the game plans. Every year they usually go through a spell and adjust by simplifying things a little bit. I know I'd rather not see too many broken coverages like in the Saints game next year.

At the very least these signings will help the locker room by incentivizing the players to go balls to the wall. 

Good words Rockdog - I can't agree more!! The point I am making here is we may have the right players!! At this time I think it is all in the game plan we are implementing from week to week!! We need to let our young players fly around the ball - Open it up on defense a little - Make things happen!!! Another words BB better open his darn eyes up and get a few good coaches (OC and DC) and let these young kids play!!! BIG PLAYS are HUGE momentum builders!!!
    Posted by Patriotsftball

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

there really should be a minimum IQ to post here. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

ANd what is yours sir? First off he is making valid points. Too many of you are living in the past with how they Pats have 3 rings and last year won 10 games. The Patriots have 1 guy on the o-line that will be possibly great in SeaBass. If Brady takes the hits again next this comming year he will be in a wheel chair. The Patriots are already without Welker and Moss is going back to being Moss, how many Super Bowls have the Patriots won with him?
    The Running back situation is NOTHING less than Pathetic. THe Patriots need a #2 reciever and at least 1 tight end. They need a Punter. Now to the Defense where not only is the secondary in big trouble but guys like CHUNG that everyone is so hot on cant even make open field tackles and in my opinion is undersized. NO linbackers that can get to the QB. The highest paid singing of Wilfolk who is only a 2 down player.
    He is right, if this team does not make changes in a big way (it doesnt seem to be happening in FA) then the draft is their other only option and Im sorry but the recievers and running backs that BB has picked have not faired well at all.
    Time will tell but you cant seny the Jets are Hungry and WANT to put a BOOT up NEw Englands azzzz and so does Parcells and Miami.. You heard even Tom Terrific say,"This team has NO leadership" now correct me if Im wrong but shouldnt Tom Be One Of Those LEaders?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patboy09. Show patboy09's posts

In Response to Brady wants to go to a winner!!!:
    So all you people say we are rebuilding get over it!!! You better think about that comment!!! Brady said he wants to finish his career with a contender as does Welker and Moss and the rest of the vets... If we are rebuilding then I guess we better consider drafting a QB...Brady isn't going to wait 3 or 4 more years while we rebuild!!! He will be out next year I guess?? BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE SAY WE ARE REBUILDING!!!! Have we been rebuilding the past 4 or 5 years?? Why have we been giving away first round picks? This football team needs a new DEFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY PERIOD!!!! And get a few FA and build your young talent around the Vets as you teach them how to win!!! No moves being made this year and more vets leaving the team!!! We will be worse than last year at this pace!!! Maybe we are going to bring back Ben Coates with Crumpler???? And maybe Troy Brown can come back and rush the passer!!! Go through the NFL starting lineups and compare the Pats starters to them and you will find the Pats in the middle of the pack and probably third in the east???? So you people get over it!!! I am not ready to be an average football team...I will remain a PATS fan and I will continue to hold the staff and ownership accountable!!!    GO PATS!!!!
    Posted by Patriotsftball

This is an absolutely Great post, Patsftball is one of many silent majority Pats fans, like me, who is not drinking the drugged up dummy Kool Aid being served out of Foxboro and through their public relations firm imbeded in some of the Boston Media.

You should go to the Boston Herald, the Rappaport section mostly, and see how I am fighting some IDIOTIC Pats fans on the same subject. I've clearly stated that the Wilfork signing IS NOTHING to be happy about. This move was a given, it's a smoke screen, it should've been done ages ago during the regular season, don't take people for dummies and act like you're trying to make moves by resigning your own. Teams are out there making deals over the phone, locking up known talents. What are the Pats doing, SQUAT....sending smoke screen messages through the media acting as if they were really interested in a player but another team beat them to it.

We hear some teams making ultimate sacrifices, giving up some picks, putting up the cash, anything and everything it takes to look and feel strong. But some Pats fans STILL insist this team is doing a 'good job' being patient and hoping they hit it big in the draft. The same draft they've complained that the Pats have done a disastrous job for some years now because they keep trading down and picking up "value" trash so they don't have to really pay them.

Lately we hear them in the prospect of entertaining Josh Reed from the sucky Bills, yeah, just what we need, another 5'10 receiver. Like Welker and Elderman weren't enough. Meanwhile, other teams around the league have their receivers at an average of 6 feet plus and their cornerbacks also averaging 6 feet. Oh did I forget to mention, we also have 5'10 corners in Whilhite and Wheatley, since Leigh Bodden(6'1) was allowed to seek other offers.

I can't stress this enough, ever since the theme park around Gillete has been built, Patriots Place, CBS Scenes, Patriotss Hall, this team has gone to shts and become more of a business team. Until all the Hot Dog and Beer inventory are all counted up, management doesn't even think about spending on a player. They've been picking up trash for the past 3 years now ad it has shown its effect tremendously. Joey Galloway probably cost us last season, why did they even think about dumping Gaffney.

With the kind of coach, QB and receivers this team has had, they should've done nothing but surround them with the best, offense and defense, and put this team in the history books for ages with more superbowls then any in the league. For some odd reason, they've done completely the opposite and we have idiotic fans who can't see the light.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyV219. Show JohnnyV219's posts

When the pats ownership stopped paying to keep their players,well even a couple of them,Thats when this team started the slow downward spiral to mediocrity..almost there boys....sorry, I dont have the xtra $$$ for a Pats game this year... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Patboy- I agree100%

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

WE STINK NOW...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The Patriots have 1 guy on the o-line that will be possibly great in SeaBass.

Fail, Logan Mankins is the best guard in the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

iTS NOT BB's fault its KRAFT'S..... HE DOESEN'T WANA PAY, AND THATS THAT. SO EVERYBODY STOP WINNING AND GET READY 4 ANOTHER AVERAGE SEASON.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

I'm sorry but you guys are clowns.  Pats are one of the best run organizations in sports.  Spending $ does not equal success...look at the redskins.  Pats spent mucho bucks on A. Thomas and how is that working out?

You guys have no idea what the Pats plans are and how they're looking to spend their $.  They have 4 picks in 1st two rounds, and I'm sure they'll pick up some veteran free agents. 

The thought that Pats are more concerned about saving $ than winning is ridiculous!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

The best thing about this thread and those supporting it, Is How these people are railing against "those id!ot clowns who are living in the past" because they're crazy enough to see that:  

A) This team has a great number of needs (let's see, NE has 1-2 OffensiveLineman who are NOT past the age of 30 (1 of our FA starting OGs-the worse one-already resigned-so NE needs a least a worthwhile starting OT-or a decent enough backup, and the same goes for OG...if you don't want to get young and if the center with no backup isn't injured, then that's 2 O-Lineman);  NE needs 2 Starting Outside Linebackers (starting!); NE needs 1 Strongside Inside Linebacker <and no, Mckenzie and Guyton-who's like a faster more experienced McKenzie-Will NOT work here...sorry-think 6'3 255lbs and able to play smash-mouth with the OL to free Mayo>);  NE needs 1 starting Defensive End (TBC should be a passing down back-up...c'mon now);  NE needs at LEAST 1 Number One Runningback (I'm NOT counting a 3rd down back OR a bigger clock-killer-Just being nice there and rolling it all up);  NE needs 1 Punter (ours simply sux...what was he, last in avg and that'd be nice IF he was dropping shor well-angled punts inside the 20 to lower overall avg, but sadly...he wasn't);  NE needs 1 starting Cornerback (and That's IF Bodden IS actually signed by these latest reports, IF no, then 2 CBs- 1 of them a nickel CB since Wilhite is NOT a starter);  NE needs at least 1 WR (Say Tate actually works as prayed, and Edelman is trully the next Welker, oh-and Moss isn't injured or losses no steps in his mid 30's...any depth here people, or are we just going with the old vet, and the 2 limited-tmes-seen-or-none 2nd year players?) =  10 Total Players    

And this leads me to the "Id!ots" ALSO Believeing that, B) Franchises actually need to rebuild at times (which is sorta "nutty" in itself that you cannot win the championship for 30 straight years with revenue sharing, free agency age of players, parity of schedules, loss of personell, rule changes leading to system changes, oh and a team salary cap (except this 1 single season probably); 

And then finally the "id!ot clowns" believe C) The crazy wacky notion that you cannot sell the future long-term success of your sport's club short, by trying to piecemeal a winning season together because you have 1 star player at QB-by trading high draft picks for 1, 2, but upwards of 3 (wow) high-priced veterans in exchange for the future draftees who will and should make up the youth core of the next dynastic championship run in a couple years, because IF it didn't work by doing this exact thing in 2007 when NE was younger and had more critical pieces still in place from their earlier champion teams, then yea...Doing THIS will DEFINATELY work in 2010 when there are more needs and those vet-pieces from the champion teams are either older or simply gone)...

I tell ya, some people in the spoken minority must be crazy here...  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

What moves are making us better this year?
    We are bringing in a TE that will be a road grader (hopefully Crumpler but Fells is solid). That means better protection for Brady and better run blocking for whoever is running the ball.

How many games did we win last year against teams with winning records?
    Who cares that was last year, and has no bearing on this season.

Do you really think this team as it sits will compete for a super bowl this year?
    Ummm NO, but neither could any of the other 31 NFL teams since it isn't even April yet and the draft hasn't happened and Free Agency is just over 3 days old.

Man talk about needing Prozac!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

So all you people say we are rebuilding get over it!!! You better think about that comment!!! Brady said he wants to finish his career with a contender as does Welker and Moss and the rest of the vets... If we are rebuilding then I guess we better consider drafting a QB...Brady isn't going to wait 3 or 4 more years while we rebuild!!! He will be out next year I guess?? BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE SAY WE ARE REBUILDING!!!! Have we been rebuilding the past 4 or 5 years?? Why have we been giving away first round picks? This football team needs a new DEFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY PERIOD!!!! And get a few FA and build your young talent around the Vets as you teach them how to win!!! No moves being made this year and more vets leaving the team!!! We will be worse than last year at this pace!!! Maybe we are going to bring back Ben Coates with Crumpler???? And maybe Troy Brown can come back and rush the passer!!! Go through the NFL starting lineups and compare the Pats starters to them and you will find the Pats in the middle of the pack and probably third in the east???? So you people get over it!!! I am not ready to be an average football team...I will remain a PATS fan and I will continue to hold the staff and ownership accountable!!!    GO PATS!!!!
    Posted by Patriotsftball

A little early to be jumping off from 10 story buildings isn't it?

FA is just starting and we haven't had the draft yet.  Nice supposition on how we are going to draft as well.  It seems Tom is truly gone. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Another poster who probably thinks the Pats should have gotten Peppers, Dansby, Boldin and Robinson so he can bolster his fantasy football league team.  They did re-sign Wilfork, Banta-Cain, Neal, maybe Bodden, and will presumably lock up Brady and Mankins at some time in the next year.  They are re-signing their core players, slowly but surely, and that's a shrewd move rather than paying one guy what it cost you to re-sign you core guys.  

Again, this team is rebuilding on the fly.  There was and will be more roster turnover.  The Pats needed to get younger and have accumulated many draft picks over the course of the past few years and hopefully they can add a few players from the draft to supplement the FA signings that they will undoubtedly make if some of you can just be patient and stop whining.  

If you think you know better than the current regime, you don't.  If you are impatient and think that BB shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt, then you  probably became a fan of the Pats after the first superbowl.  

This team has a plan and time will tell if it works.  Can we stop the "we're just average" crying and the "Brady wants to play for a winner" griping?  Ye of short memory deserve to have a team like the Detroit Lions to root for.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

What Patsftball, Stomper and Patboy have said are valid points. I don't understand why people have to call them trolls and other names? For all I can see these are serious pats fans hurt by the fact that their team is not improving as good as the others (even within the division) are. If you have facts to prove them false, just say it here, instead of calling them names. That is what this forum is for - to voice your opinion on your team.

Last season we started precariously (against Bills) and gradually Brady found his form and the offense kinda started to click. We even almost won over the then un-beaten colts. But we did lose that game and that really really bad (may be the worst Pats loss in last decade) loss against the Saints. And we were knocked out by Baltimore at home (by Rice and their defense). So the positions that we lacked were obvious during last season and as fans we would expect our team to improve in those areas during FA.

When we all know that Welker is a big question mark for this season, wouldn't it make sense to give up a couple of picks to pick up Boldin? It was told that giving him an extension was not crucial. He just wanted out of Arizona. We gave up two picks for Burgess didnt we? So it is things like these that makes an average fan to wonder if Pats are really working on improving or not.

Lot of you people say that we don't know that they are doing so we shouldn't judge them. I am saying the same - as long as they don't show us that they are improving, we don't have to believe they will. I agree they might do some trades during the draft. If they do then excellent, but until there is no reason for an average, die hard Pats fan not to crib and complain against the management.

But I would have to disagree that Pats are a losing team and that Brady will be gone. I don't think so. With what we have right now, we will still be contenders in the division and can even win it, but to compete against teams like the Colts or to get to SB, we have to get better in a number of areas - I leave that to Laz's earlier post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

Posted by Patriotsftball

I wanted to read a post from a winner but I ended up on this loser.

In case you haven't checked the Pats are a contender and you can rebuild and be a contender at the same time.

I'm sure the Pats are relieved to hear you will remain a fan and will do everything possible to live up to the standards that you set for them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Good words Rockdog - I can't agree more!! The point I am making here is we may have the right players!! At this time I think it is all in the game plan we are implementing from week to week!! We need to let our young players fly around the ball - Open it up on defense a little - Make things happen!!! Another words BB better open his darn eyes up and get a few good coaches (OC and DC) and let these young kids play!!! BIG PLAYS are HUGE momentum builders!!!
    Posted by Patriotsftball

Well, DUH!

NExt thing you'll "pontificate" to us is that breathing is SOOOOOOO inportant, that if we don't inhale/exhale as much as the JESTS! or Fins fans, then we're relegated to living the life of a Rams fan.

Get over yourself! I thought the grounhog disappeared AFTER he saw his shadow! We don't need 6 more weeks of whining!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

#12 WILL retire as a Patriot. 

Sections
Shortcuts