Brady wants to go to a winner!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Brady wants to go to a winner!!!

Imagine having 4 of the first 53 picks? DISGUSTING! What a bunch of slackers! Can you just imagine the lackluster effort it takes to get that? And to think theat the Pats had a woeful 21-11 record over the past 2 seasons too! No Brady in '08? TOO BAD! 11-5 and NOT making the playoffs is embarrassing! Than, losing Welker in week 17, you know, the #1 go to receiver in teh league and then losing to the Ravens??????  Not enough words to say how speechless I REALLY am!

I guess success has spoiled me, too. It's like I practically wish for the Little Team That Could (and did) in 2001. No expectations, just playing with heart. Some morons can't ID the damage season ending injuries have on a team. Shame on teh Pats for NOT having a 5 time Pro Bowler ready to step in when Welker or Brady went down!  (Only in Fantasy Football, I guess.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

signing our own fa's and adding mid tier fa's will improve this team just as it did in sb years...we have been rebuilding over the last two years as evidenced by the trading of core players (vrable, seymour) and the retiring of others... we drafted 6 lineman last year 3 on Dline 3 on Oline and have been rebuilding dfense for two years. Our qb was out in 08 and finding his game last year...and we were training a new OC. Now we upgraded to a new DC and we should see improvements there as well...so sit back and watch the whole thing unfold...you have been there before..you just didnt know what to look for while it was going on... bringing in guys for cheap money to see if they fit is good...getting rid of them when they dont fit and moving to the next possiblity is common sense...stay tuned

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

In Response to Brady wants to go to a winner!!!:

I heard the Jets and Colts  forum's are looking for a Pivot man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

In Response to Re: Brady wants to go to a winner!!!:
     "I agree they might do some trades during the draft. If they do then excellent, but until there is no reason for an average, die hard Pats fan not to crib and complain against the management."       I could think of a few reasons to stop complaining about the way the Pats have been doing business. -We have won three - 3 Super Bowls with Tom Brady and BB and nobody else can say that. What has Chicago won since the 86 Super Bowl???? NOTHING! -The past few times we did run out and pay big money to a free agent that wasnt in our system (Adalius Thomas, Roosevelt Colvin) it didnt work out. -Finally....and most importantly..the reason DIE HARD PATS FANS shouldnt complain against management...because you sound UNGRATEFUL!!!! We never would have won a Super Bowl without Brady Belichick and the approach to building a contender that has OBVIOUSLY worked out for us in the past. Come down off the ledge...get a grip...be real.
    Posted by dshort3333

When did I say anything about Pats not winning or being a contender. In fact I clearly said, I disagree with the people who said that. And I never said a word against BB's coaching or Brady's perforamance. I will leave that to experts like you to comment on.

But I know this, we cannot win games with just Brady and Belichick coaching him. We need better players at other positions too. Without open receivers (Moss being doubled and Welker out), who is Brady gonna throw the ball to? to you or to Belichick? All I said was, coming off last year's performance, there were some obvious positions that we had to improve and when there were people available (I am not talking about Peppers, but rather the case of Boldin), it would feel good for a fan to know that your team is trying to get somebody to fill those positions. You know a fan will always want his/her team to win. It is as if by definiton of a fan. When we lost to Colts, did you think "Oh it is OK, we won three superbowls in the last few years and used to kick Colts's behind pretty easily, so it is OK to lose this time"? If so, I am sorry that you had to read my post.

The last time we won the SB was 6 years ago. We had better players in the roster and better coaching too. But other teams have caught on by now. Everybody wants to be the next Pats. I know we cannot win SB every year and it is pretty difficult to even get to the playoffs. But, I just want us to be better positioned to contend with teams with better players. I think it is reasonable for a fan to expect that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I'm sorry but you guys are clowns.  Pats are one of the best run organizations in sports.  Spending $ does not equal success...look at the redskins.  Pats spent mucho bucks on A. Thomas and how is that working out? You guys have no idea what the Pats plans are and how they're looking to spend their $.  They have 4 picks in 1st two rounds, and I'm sure they'll pick up some veteran free agents.  The thought that Pats are more concerned about saving $ than winning is ridiculous!
    Posted by Nailz

Last time I checked, the Patriots have had a hard time beating teams with winning records since 2007. So, maybe the Patriots "success" is in the past....

IMHO, the Patriots are no longer a "top-tier" team.  Towards the top of the second tier? yes.

If the Patriots want to become a top tier team again, they'll have to:
    1) Improve coaching for all 3 phases of the game. I would describe the Patriots as highly predictable at this point.

Need impact players:
    2 DEs/pass rushers who are animals like Freeney and Mathis. The Patriots have no legitimate pass rush.

C, RG, RT - all of whom can not only pass protect - but open holes for the running game. Apart from Mankins and Voellmer - the rest of the OLinemen are long in the tooth, have shown increasing injuries, can't open holes for the running game, and can't protect Brady from those several teams who have a great pass rush.

1 Corner who can cover well and shut down opponents #1 wr. How easy did the Saints make it look to pass this past year? I was embarrased for our team.

1 Punter who can consistently nail opponents within their own 10 yard line. The Patriots have forgotten how to play the field position game (or were unable to, due to personnel).

Let's face it....the Pats have some work to do....we need to pick up some FAs to fill holes, develop players thru the draft, and to change our coaching approach/game plans enough to keep other teams off balance.

We'll see what happens....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

What Patsftball, Stomper and Patboy have said are valid points. I don't understand why people have to call them trolls and other names? For all I can see these are serious pats fans hurt by the fact that their team is not improving as good as the others (even within the division) are. If you have facts to prove them false, just say it here, instead of calling them names. That is what this forum is for - to voice your opinion on your team. Last season we started precariously (against Bills) and gradually Brady found his form and the offense kinda started to click. We even almost won over the then un-beaten colts. But we did lose that game and that really really bad (may be the worst Pats loss in last decade) loss against the Saints. And we were knocked out by Baltimore at home (by Rice and their defense). So the positions that we lacked were obvious during last season and as fans we would expect our team to improve in those areas during FA. When we all know that Welker is a big question mark for this season, wouldn't it make sense to give up a couple of picks to pick up Boldin? It was told that giving him an extension was not crucial. He just wanted out of Arizona. We gave up two picks for Burgess didnt we? So it is things like these that makes an average fan to wonder if Pats are really working on improving or not. Lot of you people say that we don't know that they are doing so we shouldn't judge them. I am saying the same - as long as they don't show us that they are improving, we don't have to believe they will. I agree they might do some trades during the draft. If they do then excellent, but until there is no reason for an average, die hard Pats fan not to crib and complain against the management. But I would have to disagree that Pats are a losing team and that Brady will be gone. I don't think so. With what we have right now, we will still be contenders in the division and can even win it, but to compete against teams like the Colts or to get to SB, we have to get better in a number of areas - I leave that to Laz's earlier post.
    Posted by patsordie

happens all the time.....lol. Nothing's changed. When one fan disagrees with another fan's opinion, we resort to insults for no reason at all....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patboy09. Show patboy09's posts

I'm sorry but you guys are clowns.  Pats are one of the best run organizations in sports.  Spending $ does not equal success...look at the redskins.  Pats spent mucho bucks on A. Thomas and how is that working out? You guys have no idea what the Pats plans are and how they're looking to spend their $.  They have 4 picks in 1st two rounds, and I'm sure they'll pick up some veteran free agents.  The thought that Pats are more concerned about saving $ than winning is ridiculous!
    Posted by Nailz

You, you're worst then a clown, how about a blinded pea brain FOOL.

What have you been watching since 07 that spelled success. The letting go of Asante Samuels and picking up the likes of Deltha Onea'l, and Obryant to compliment former Patriots great shutdown corner, ELLIS HOBBS, was a great move to you? I believe that was the year where the torching of the secondaries was established on this team. Teams were having a field day burning them.

They go in the draft after that and got 2 little tiny Shrimps, Whilhite and Wheatley, both in rounds after trading down. Whilhite has been a star hasn't he, given up an average of 2 TD's per game this past season, most of them were long bombs too.

Any reason why they couldn't have rewarded Stallworth an extension and lock him up for the foreseable future after he helped the team to a record year. He and jabbar Gaffney were the perfect, I mean PERFECT compliment to Moss and Welker on that team. What did the Pats do, THEY DUMPED BOTH OF THEM, Stallworth for a lousy $3 million roster Bonus and Gaffney, you tell me. Wasn't he still under contract for 1 more year, at a lousy $2 mill per year. They shipped him out to Denver and picked up joey Galloway, for the veteran's minimum of $1.7 mill. Picked up Jr Seau, for the 100th time, on a veteran's minimum instead of getting someone decent. Vrabel, Seymour, Gaffney and countless others cut or dumped so they wouldn't pay them bonus roster money. They've probably saved upwards to $50 millon over the 3 years from picking up Trashy players on discount veteran's minimum. you'd think they would use it on acquiring better talent, NOPE. My guess is that the money went to maintenance on the theme park properties like Patriots Place, CBS Scenes, and Patriots Hall. 

Please, enough with the Adalius Thomas crap, that is only one player who is probably overpaid and not up to par, how many other teams have spent gazillion on a player and they dont perform, it happens. I happen to think Thomas is very good but the fact that Belicheck has the habit of making a player play outside of their strentgh, it diminishes their true talents and that's what has happened to Adalius Thomas, didn't they switch him around and his productivity has gone south since then.

Where have you been these past 3 years, watching the games with your Helmet on, BACKWARDS....take it off and let the steam out your head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

In Response to Re: Brady wants to go to a winner!!! : You, you're worst then a clown, how about a blinded pea brain FOOL. What have you been watching since 07 that spelled success. The letting go of Asante Samuels and picking up the likes of Deltha Onea'l, and Obryant to compliment former Patriots great shutdown corner, ELLIS HOBBS, was a great move to you? I believe that was the year where the torching of the secondaries was established on this team. Teams were having a field day burning them. They go in the draft after that and got 2 little tiny Shrimps, Whilhite and Wheatley, both in rounds after trading down. Whilhite has been a star hasn't he, given up an average of 2 TD's per game this past season, most of them were long bombs too. Any reason why they couldn't have rewarded Stallworth an extension and lock him up for the foreseable future after he helped the team to a record year. He and jabbar Gaffney were the perfect, I mean PERFECT compliment to Moss and Welker on that team. What did the Pats do, THEY DUMPED BOTH OF THEM, Stallworth for a lousy $3 million roster Bonus and Gaffney, you tell me. Wasn't he still under contract for 1 more year, at a lousy $2 mill per year. They shipped him out to Denver and picked up joey Galloway, for the veteran's minimum of $1.7 mill. Picked up Jr Seau, for the 100th time, on a veteran's minimum instead of getting someone decent. Vrabel, Seymour, Gaffney and countless others cut or dumped so they wouldn't pay them bonus roster money. They've probably saved upwards to $50 millon over the 3 years from picking up Trashy players on discount veteran's minimum. you'd think they would use it on acquiring better talent, NOPE. My guess is that the money went to maintenance on the theme park properties like Patriots Place, CBS Scenes, and Patriots Hall.  Please, enough with the Adalius Thomas crap, that is only one player who is probably overpaid and not up to par, how many other teams have spent gazillion on a player and they dont perform, it happens. I happen to think Thomas is very good but the fact that Belicheck has the habit of making a player play outside of their strentgh, it diminishes their true talents and that's what has happened to Adalius Thomas, didn't they switch him around and his productivity has gone south since then. Where have you been these past 3 years, watching the games with your Helmet on, BACKWARDS....take it off and let the steam out your head.
    Posted by patboy09

Amen brother. Yeah, why would they let Gaffney go? I mean that guy would have really helped last year and more. What, was he a parting gift or something to McDaniels? Why didn't they send Brady too? May be that will also happen some day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

In Response to Re: Brady wants to go to a winner!!! : You, you're worst then a clown, how about a blinded pea brain FOOL. What have you been watching since 07 that spelled success. The letting go of Asante Samuels and picking up the likes of Deltha Onea'l, and Obryant to compliment former Patriots great shutdown corner, ELLIS HOBBS, was a great move to you? I believe that was the year where the torching of the secondaries was established on this team. Teams were having a field day burning them. They go in the draft after that and got 2 little tiny Shrimps, Whilhite and Wheatley, both in rounds after trading down. Whilhite has been a star hasn't he, given up an average of 2 TD's per game this past season, most of them were long bombs too. Any reason why they couldn't have rewarded Stallworth an extension and lock him up for the foreseable future after he helped the team to a record year. He and jabbar Gaffney were the perfect, I mean PERFECT compliment to Moss and Welker on that team. What did the Pats do, THEY DUMPED BOTH OF THEM, Stallworth for a lousy $3 million roster Bonus and Gaffney, you tell me. Wasn't he still under contract for 1 more year, at a lousy $2 mill per year. They shipped him out to Denver and picked up joey Galloway, for the veteran's minimum of $1.7 mill. Picked up Jr Seau, for the 100th time, on a veteran's minimum instead of getting someone decent. Vrabel, Seymour, Gaffney and countless others cut or dumped so they wouldn't pay them bonus roster money. They've probably saved upwards to $50 millon over the 3 years from picking up Trashy players on discount veteran's minimum. you'd think they would use it on acquiring better talent, NOPE. My guess is that the money went to maintenance on the theme park properties like Patriots Place, CBS Scenes, and Patriots Hall.  Please, enough with the Adalius Thomas crap, that is only one player who is probably overpaid and not up to par, how many other teams have spent gazillion on a player and they dont perform, it happens. I happen to think Thomas is very good but the fact that Belicheck has the habit of making a player play outside of their strentgh, it diminishes their true talents and that's what has happened to Adalius Thomas, didn't they switch him around and his productivity has gone south since then. Where have you been these past 3 years, watching the games with your Helmet on, BACKWARDS....take it off and let the steam out your head.
    Posted by patboy09

You gotta be kidding me patBOY....hindsight is 20/20  The patriots have made some good decisions and some bad over the past 5years.  No organization is perfect.  I was excited about picking up Galloway last year only to find out he couldn't learn the playbook or have chemistry with Brady.  And we would of been perfect(19-0) if Asante caught the ball against G-men wouldn't we?  So no big loss losing him! I'll take Elderman over Stallworth and Gaffney anyday.

You have NO IDEA on how to run a NFL franchise.  You sit back and expect the Patriots to spend big $ on every big name free agent(half aren't even worth the $) And when they don't you think it's because they're spending it on Patriot Place etc..? 50million?  PLEASE!  GET a CLUE!

Sure the Pats have needs, sure I wish they sign some top tier free agents but I'm not going to go call them cheap when they don't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Brady wants to go to a winner!!!:
    So all you people say we are rebuilding get over it!!! You better think about that comment!!! Brady said he wants to finish his career with a contender as does Welker and Moss and the rest of the vets... If we are rebuilding then I guess we better consider drafting a QB...Brady isn't going to wait 3 or 4 more years while we rebuild!!! He will be out next year I guess?? BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE SAY WE ARE REBUILDING!!!! Have we been rebuilding the past 4 or 5 years?? Why have we been giving away first round picks? This football team needs a new DEFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY PERIOD!!!! And get a few FA and build your young talent around the Vets as you teach them how to win!!! No moves being made this year and more vets leaving the team!!! We will be worse than last year at this pace!!! Maybe we are going to bring back Ben Coates with Crumpler???? And maybe Troy Brown can come back and rush the passer!!! Go through the NFL starting lineups and compare the Pats starters to them and you will find the Pats in the middle of the pack and probably third in the east???? So you people get over it!!! I am not ready to be an average football team...I will remain a PATS fan and I will continue to hold the staff and ownership accountable!!!    GO PATS!!!!
    Posted by Patriotsftball

I think that you have to understand that in the NFL rebuilding could take 1 year or 10 years....if done correctly a team can go from a 1-15 season to a 10-6 season.....the Pats are in the midst of a rebuild. Hopefully last year was the lowest point of that rebuliding period and they start going back up again....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

What moves are making us better this year? How many games did we win last year against teams with winning records? Do you really think this team as it sits will compete for a super bowl this year?
    Posted by Patriotsftball

I really think that fools judge a team on how well they get free agents in the first 4 days.....as it has been proven by Washington year in and year out, it does not matter how much one spends on free agents.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I've decided to adopt the Patriot way of picking up FA's  The get lost cost, older players who are dinged up.  Therefore, I will now by all my Patriot items such as Jerseys, cupholders, etc.  on Ebay!  That's right, why should I pay top $$ for Patriot merchandise, when I can buy older, used, and a little ding up items from other fans that don't want them anymore.  I suggest other fans that are unhappy with the FA signings do the same. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think this year's free agent class was anything to brag about. There was a few top guys and then there was some good players that are just a little to old to risk spending big money on. Honestly I think the guys the pats signed were some of the best free agents available this off season, only problem is it doesn't make us any better. This team hasn't drafted well prior to last year and it killed us, hopefully we'll have another good one this year and get the pass rushers we need. Because in my opinion the secondary has got alot more talent in it  than it's given credit for.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

...only problem is it doesn't make us any better...
    Posted by mthurl

That may not be true. Given the attrition over the last two years, some notion of stability and a little self-discovery will go a long way in improving this team. The re-signed vets (VW and others) can now focus on what gets done on teh field, now that there is no distracton of negotiations. TBC and Bodden will be entering the season with a much higher level of confidence, after a season of finding out that they can be impact players. Sometimes, higher confidence is all you need to be a monster out there. With a little bit of experience, the safety unit will probably play better.

Sections
Shortcuts