Brady wants to play until he's 50+!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady wants to play until he's 50+!

From a Men's Health magazine article...

"Men’s Health upped the ante, asking Brady whether he could play to age 50 and beyond. I would love it, Brady said. “If I think if I can do it, then I probably will.” (ESPN)

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4745798/brady-not-putting-limits-on-longevity?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I hope he does, if for no other reason than to torment    you    know    who.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaydubu99. Show jaydubu99's posts

Re: Brady wants to play until he's 50+!

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

"Men’s Health upped the ante, asking Brady whether he could play to age 50 and beyond. I would love it, Brady said. “If I think if I can do it, then I probably will.” (ESPN)

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4745798/brady-not-putting-limits-on-longevity?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

God I hope not....count how many times Brady ducks this year when there is nobody there. I love Brady and all he's done for the Pats....but I think he has 1, hopefully 2 more good years in him. Brady was god-awful against the Ravens in the AFC championship game last year. I hope he's not a hanger-onner like Favre...not knowing when its time to retire.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I warned about ego. Favre said the same stuff and had to be all about forced from the league in arguably the most awkward departure from the NFL, ever.  I don't want Brady pulling a Favre/Clemens.

I don't think it has anything to do with ego..its more his passion for the game than anything else...unlike Bret..when that desire that hi has starts to fade..and he, himself sees that he's no longer the answer for this team he will retire...he won't be forced to retire...well that's what I think..

"All my thoughts on a daily basis go into how I can sustain the length of my career,” he told the magazine in the issue that comes out Aug. 6. “What I eat. How I sleep. My levels of stress. Why? Because I love football." 

"There's really an excitement I have to do this for as long as I possibly can," he told Men’s Health, "even though everyone out there puts a limit. But I've always had people put limits. And I'm a person who says, 'Well, screw limits.' I'm not putting a limit on myself." 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I warned about ego. Favre said the same stuff and had to be all about forced from the league in arguably the most awkward departure from the NFL, ever.  I don't want Brady pulling a Favre/Clemens.

The guy would love to play until he's 50, therefore, his ego is a problem.

Remember:  Rusty warned about this.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If Giselle was my wife, I'd want to play well beyond the age of 50..........Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't care if Brady plays until he's 90 so long as he can still play.  I'm with BB; there's no one I'd rather have at QB for the Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Don't get me wrong, I am a brady proponent.  But his comments make me envision a day when cold hearted BB will need to ask himself if Brady is his best QB and, if not, Brady will leave town since BB will release him.  I hope he can play as long as he wants, but I also hope he doesn't hang on too long and leave Boston on bad terms because he turns into the guy who can't see that he lost his ability to be a #1 QB.  I doubt Brady will even hang on to just hang on, but you never know.  Let's hope that day is a ways off. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Don't get me wrong, I am a brady proponent.  But his comments make me envision a day when cold hearted BB will need to ask himself if Brady is his best QB and, if not, Brady will leave town since BB will release him.  I hope he can play as long as he wants, but I also hope he doesn't hang on too long and leave Boston on bad terms because he turns into the guy who can't see that he lost his ability to be a #1 QB.  I doubt Brady will even hang on to just hang on, but you never know.  Let's hope that day is a ways off. 

Brady is pretty driven and has high standards. I doubt he will keep playing if he becomes mediocre.

The best thing about him in this regard is that so little of his game is about the physical aspects. All he needs to do is stay decent physically and let the brain do the bulk of the work.

I would say the biggest thing about this is how long he can stay in one piece from the big hits.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How many of you feel Brady would be willing to play for ANY other team if he could play until he is 50?  It just seems he doesn't have the ego to play that long just for the sake of playing.  I believe it would be beneath him to play on just because his name is Tom Brady and all he is doing it for is the publicity. But, who knows.  As been said many times on this board about Brady and BB..  it's gonna come to an end sometime and we shudder to think how.  Will it be a dignified retirement as a Patriot player or go off into the sunset like Montana being traded just ot continue his career?  I sincerely hope it is retiring as an active Patriot and not while on another team.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

age is just a number. if dude can play until he's 50 then let him. I'd hate it but if the tables were turned i'd want my HoF QB to play until he's 50 if possible.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

How many of you feel Brady would be willing to play for ANY other team if he could play until he is 50?  It just seems he doesn't have the ego to play that long just for the sake of playing.  I believe it would be beneath him to play on just because his name is Tom Brady and all he is doing it for is the publicity. But, who knows.  As been said many times on this board about Brady and BB..  it's gonna come to an end sometime and we shudder to think how.  Will it be a dignified retirement as a Patriot player or go off into the sunset like Montana being traded just ot continue his career?  I sincerely hope it is retiring as an active Patriot and not while on another team.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

I think Tom just loves being a football player. So if he feels he can play at a good level still I suspect he will play elsewhere if he is not wanted here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He is a world class athlete!  He is one of the best of all time.  Guys like this would play forever if they could.  Why would this comment by Brady surprise anyone?

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Brady is pretty driven and has high standards. I doubt he will keep playing if he becomes mediocre.

The best thing about him in this regard is that so little of his game is about the physical aspects. All he needs to do is stay decent physically and let the brain do the bulk of the work.

I would say the biggest thing about this is how long he can stay in one piece from the big hits.

[/QUOTE]

Agree! Every QB is one hit away from the end of their career. Given that, I would to see Tom keep going as long as it meets his own high standards of play.

Willie McGinnest this morning on the NFL network said "Tom wants to play till he is 45". Michael Irvin chimed in "It ain't happening". Well, lets see what Tom can do!!

Sections
Shortcuts