"Brady Was Moping" - Andy Gresh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

It's truly amazing.

A month ago I posted that I had heard something on the Sports Hub and you mocked me in numerous threads about how dorky it was to listen to out of town sports radio.

Now you spend half of your day doing the same and posting about it.

Of course, you'll say that you were only mocking the idea of listening to T&R, but we both know that's not true.  You'll try to say that you were mocking the idea of listening in the car, but we both know that's not true either.

Your posts were directed at the idea of being out of town and listening to Boston sports radio.  And now you're doing the same.

You should man up and apologize for being such a deeeebag about it that day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re:

If Brady is playing so poorly, and the team lost because of him, why isnt BB putting Mallett in? Is Mallett worse, or is BB feeling this team has the best chance to win with TB as the QB?

If the team did not run the ball at the half yard line, where was BB to insure that a running play was called?

You cannot have it both ways...if TB is the root of this team playing poorly, where is the coach and GM to make adjustments...exactly the same as they did with Bledsoe?

You obviously have an obsession with TB...why dont' you address these posts as "why isn't the coach making changes?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I've explained this to you. Gresh at least played football and Zolak has LOADS of inside info if you read between the lines with his comments.

For example, I knew Bolden was never going to be cut, because Zolak has said NUMEROUS times how much Fears, BB, etc, LOVE Bolden.

I go by facts and put 2+2 together. I don't go by rhetoric and speculation like trolls do.  You're  troll.

This doesn't address my post.  You had numerous posts that day all over the board, telling everyone how dorky I am for listening to out of town sports radio, yet you are now telling us you have been doing the same thing for years.

Why did you post so many times about me listening to out of town sports radio and how dorky it is when you apparently do the same thing?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

I thought it was comical you listen to that crappy show. It's two dorks talking about current events and social networking, or Mylie Cyrus.  lmao

That's perfect for you. The fact you think nothing of it is priceless to me.  

Are you this stupid to not understand by far and away the best sports talk segment in the this town, especially for Pats talk, for REAL fans, is this Gresh/ZO show because they played the game and know what they are talking about?

Outside of me checking in with Paul Perillo's sit ins on Felger and MAzz so I can hear his objective and educated takes, to see if it matches mine, these are really the only times you can get non anti-BB analysis in this town.

Is this that difficult to understand?

As mentioned in my first post, you are trying to suggest it was about the Toucher and Rich show and/or about listening in the car.

It wasn't. 

Your posts mocking me were about listening to out of town sports radio.

You will continue to try to dodge this, I'm sure, but you know the truth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re:

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Brady is playing so poorly, and the team lost because of him, why isnt BB putting Mallett in? Is Mallett worse, or is BB feeling this team has the best chance to win with TB as the QB?

If the team did not run the ball at the half yard line, where was BB to insure that a running play was called?

You cannot have it both ways...if TB is the root of this team playing poorly, where is the coach and GM to make adjustments...exactly the same as they did with Bledsoe?

You obviously have an obsession with TB...why dont' you address these posts as "why isn't the coach making changes?"

WHy do you keep asking me this along with trolls? Brady is trying to develop a rapport and a progression with these new young WRs, and you want BB to knee jerk a benching through the process in Sept and early Oct?

And you wouldn't come on here and demand he be fired?

Why not just admit Brady sucked, as did most of the offense, but Brady sucked? Can you even say those words? Can you, BBW?

Why is that you can't admit he's been a VERY poor leader this season so far.  He's shown dramatic frustrations to the point of public apologies, threw Wendell under the bus TWICE in 4 weeks and is now moping in a 3-0 or 3-3 game in the first half.

I want to know why he's doing these things. Actually, I know why.

It doesn't mean I can't be disappointed in him as a fan.  SOme of you are the most irrational, dishonest and blind fans in sports. Brady is so above reproach in your eyes, he can never have a bad game, can never be wrong, never make poor decisions or throws, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Brady sucked yesterday. The entire offense sucked yesterday. Was the suckiness due to poor OL play? Yes. Was the suckiness including 13 dropped passes yesterday? Yes.

I have been impressed with Brady's play this year with his need to have comfort with his WR's, yet he is still putting up W's...

But you did not adress my question...if he is playing so porrly, why isnt the coach or GM benching him? Because I would post they should fire BB if they bench TB? THat is why the coach does not bench him?

Maybe the coach agrees with the QB? Maybe the coach told the QB to get these guys fired up and yell at them?

I in no way whay so ever interpreted any Brady comment as throwing anyone under the bus...

Repeat, yesterday, Brady sucked. Now answer the question I asked

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re:

IMHO, Brady is keeping a mighty stiff upper lip.

Look at what he has around him on offense to make plays!  Imagine P Manning's reactions if he had to face such a drought of playmakers around him?  If anything, TB may be trying TOO hard to make plays hoping his receivers will make a play too.  Last season, many of those passes were catches that are drops this season.  When Brady throws a pass that was marginal last season, his receivers made the play.  This season they are turning into drops.  We are now 5 weeks into the season and unless TBs passes are right in the heart of the receivers hands, they are dropped for the most part.  This may be exasperating TB and he is keeping a stiff upper lip when he says "we" are not executing the plays.  There may be a lot going unsaid to the public that may be said behind closed doors.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re:

WHy do you keep asking me this along with trolls? Brady is trying to develop a rapport and a progression with these new young WRs, and you want BB to knee jerk a benching through the process in Sept and early Oct?

And you wouldn't come on here and demand he be fired?

Why not just admit Brady sucked, as did most of the offense, but Brady sucked? Can you even say those words? Can you, BBW?

Why is that you can't admit he's been a VERY poor leader this season so far.  He's shown dramatic frustrations to the point of public apologies, threw Wendell under the bus TWICE in 4 weeks and is now moping in a 3-0 or 3-3 game in the first half.

I want to know why he's doing these things. Actually, I know why.

It doesn't mean I can't be disappointed in him as a fan.  SOme of you are the most irrational, dishonest and blind fans in sports. Brady is so above reproach in your eyes, he can never have a bad game, can never be wrong, never make poor decisions or throws, etc.

Brady sucked yesterday. The entire offense sucked yesterday. Was the suckiness due to poor OL play? Yes. Was the suckiness including 13 dropped passes yesterday? Yes.

I have been impressed with Brady's play this year with his need to have comfort with his WR's, yet he is still putting up W's...

But you did not adress my question...if he is playing so porrly, why isnt the coach or GM benching him? Because I would post they should fire BB if they bench TB? THat is why the coach does not bench him?

Maybe the coach agrees with the QB? Maybe the coach told the QB to get these guys fired up and yell at them?

I in no way whay so ever interpreted any Brady comment as throwing anyone under the bus...

Repeat, yesterday, Brady sucked. Now answer the question I asked

Brady played well in the TB and Atlanta games, that is it.

The O Line was fine after the first 2 drives when they made their adjustments, like they always do.

YOu don't bench a HOF QB in Week 5 after he played good in Week 4, moron. I already answered your question. Brady took a big step back yesterday, mostly with poor leadership. It's all over the airwaves, texts, emails, etc.  Yep. The Pats fanbase does not just post here.

We need to see more bad play like what Schaub is doing to the Texans right now before we get to that point.

but you have posted every day, every week, for the entire year, that the reason this team is sputtering will be because of Brady. You even posted last year that Smith was better and you would trade them straight up. (I know, you will deny that)

bottom line, does this team have the best chance to win with TB on the field, and if the answer is yes, will you shut up? and if the answer is no, will BB do anything about it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re:

So, Rusty..  TB is not allowed to have a bad game EVER???!!!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re:

Thats the best you got Troll? Listen here. Im gonna go ahead and call everyone a fraud football fan if they are gonna come in here on mondays and say things like "Brady Sux" or Brady deserves and F without the ensuing analysis that goes with it.

I have yet to see anyone point to all these mistakes he made that cost the game. I can go play for play. I dont get drunk and watch the games. Let me know when one of you all are ready. Otherwise,....SHUT IT! and stop being entitled. This is the best QB you ever gonna see here. It takes 11 players on the same page, doing their job. He does his, for the most part. If anyone wants MY analysis...let me know. I will break down each play.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re:

I always thought that a Hall of Fame QB and GOAT was supposed to make the players around him better?

I don't think Brady is sending the right signals to the team with his whining and moping.

He needs to suck it up, work with the receivers he has and make them better.

Is it just me or does it seem like Brady has a hard time finding the open receiver?  He just doesn't seem as poised as he once was.  He can't scramble, so if there is pressure or the pocket starts to collapse he gets panicked and makes some bad decisions.  

He's definitely not Tom Terrific anymore.

Does it look like his arm gets weaker as the game goes on?  It does to me. That last pass (INT) looked like he limp-wristed it.  Rain or no rain.

Was he something like 1 for 12 with a sack and int. on his last 13 attempts?  Definitely not good.  

He needs to step his game up.

I don't want to hear how he "deserves" better players around him.  

"Deserves" got nothin' to do with it.

Make the players you got better by you playing better and keeping your pie hole shut.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Re:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's truly amazing.

A month ago I posted that I had heard something on the Sports Hub and you mocked me in numerous threads about how dorky it was to listen to out of town sports radio.

Of course, you'll say that you were only mocking the idea of listening to T&R, but we both know that's not true.  You'll try to say that you were mocking the idea of listening in the car, but we both know that's not true either.

Your posts were directed at the idea of being out of town and listening to Boston sports radio.  And now you're doing the same.

He's an opportunistic fool. Each side of his mouth bleeds at  night as he lays his head on the pillow From spewing out both sides all day long.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re:

In response to Salcon's comment:

I always thought that a Hall of Fame QB and GOAT was supposed to make the players around him better?

I don't think Brady is sending the right signals to the team with his whining and moping.

Is it just me or does it seem like Brady has a hard time finding the open receiver?  He just doesn't seem as poised as he once was.  He can't scramble, so if there is pressure or the pocket starts to collapse he gets panicked and makes some bad decisions.  

Does it look like his arm gets weaker as the game goes on?  It does to me. That last pass (INT) looked like he limp-wristed it.  Rain or no rain.

Was he something like 1 for 12 with a sack and int. on his last 13 attempts?  Definitely not good.  

"Deserves" got nothin' to with it.

Make the players you got better by you playing better and keeping your pie hole shut.

What did I miss? When did all this moping and whining happen? So he is supposed to stand tall and deliver balls to covered WRs in the face of Dlinemen in his face?? Ok buddy. You are first on the list.....smh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re:

It's truly amazing.

I've listened to this show for YEARS. I have never ONCE listened to Toucher and Rich as they sit and giggle about nonsensical things that are not tied to sports.

I've explained this to you. Gresh at least played football and Zolak has LOADS of inside info if you read between the lines with his comments.

For example, I knew Bolden was never going to be cut, because Zolak has said NUMEROUS times how much Fears, BB, etc, LOVE Bolden.

I go by facts and put 2+2 together. I don't go by rhetoric and speculation like trolls do.  You're  troll.

Now Rusty, if you've never once listened to their show how do you know what they do on that show? Did you read a review of their show in the New York Times or something? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

It's not about deserving better receivers.  It's about need.  The guys he is throwing to now are horse&hit.  If they can't get open and they can't catch well, there is nothing a quarterback can do. 

Brady doesn't panic.  Ever.

He doesn't need to work with his receivers.  There is a coach for that.  He needs them to be where they're supposed to be, he needs them to get separation, and he needs them to catch.

I'm not aware of any HOF quarterbacks that have been successful with three rookies, a special teams guy and a supposed #1 WR who cannot stay healthy.  If there has been one, please let me know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

"I have never ONCE listened to Toucher and Rich..."

...if you've never once listened to their show how do you know what they do on that show?

"Because I tried it out once."

---

So stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

What did I miss? When did all this moping and whining happen? So he is supposed to stand tall and deliver balls to covered WRs in the face of Dlinemen in his face?? Ok buddy. You are first on the list.....smh

[/QUOTE]

I said that he's not finding the open receiver and yes, stand tall and not panic would be nice.  

By the way, first on the list of what, buddy? 

I'm supposed to be offended?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

It's not about deserving better receivers.  It's about need.  The guys he is throwing to now are horse&hit.  If they can't get open and they can't catch well, there is nothing a quarterback can do. 

Brady doesn't panic.  Ever.

He doesn't need to work with his receivers.  There is a coach for that.  He needs them to be where they're supposed to be, he needs them to get separation, and he needs them to catch.

I'm not aware of any HOF quarterbacks that have been successful with three rookies, a special teams guy and a supposed #1 WR who cannot stay healthy.  If there has been one, please let me know.

[/QUOTE]

Brady doesn't panic huh?

We're seeing two different qb's then. 

And yes he does need to work with his receivers.  That's why some of them like Amendola and Edelman have gone out to California to get as much work as possible in with Brady  in the  offseason.  The rookies didn't have that luxury.  So, he needs to work with them in practice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re:

From NESN.com

By my count, Tom Brady had 9 bad passes.  Bolden, Edelman, and Amendola each dropped 2 passes. 

Edelman, Kenbrell Thompkins and Michael Hoomanawanui also got their hands on some passes from Brady, but they were tough throws. They could be counted as drops and/or bad throws. The two other incompletions were nice defensive plays.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/10/tom-brady-struggles-more-than-receivers-alfonzo-dennard-not-targeted-among-five-takeaways-from-patriots-bengals/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re:

Bottom line....Brady had an awful game yesterday.  He is not immune to criticism.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re:

I said that he's not finding the open receiver and yes, stand tall and not panic would be nice.  

And you assume there was One on every play. Did you count all the drop passes? That means Brady hit the open guy and he dropped it. When did Brady Panic? can u point out which play? Can you make a montague since his play was so bad? You dont have to worry about the list or be offended. You wont even notice im gone. Im gonna leave all the uninformed whining fans to do battle. This board has become a real drag...and now everyone has seemingly give way to the brainwashing Rusty has done here for 6 years now and actually Believe Brady is whats wrong.

No one wants to talk about the *ssbackwards way or priotizing personell. You start paying with your QB, then # 1 Cb, then D-line, then # 1 WR

We have money tied into a Guard who gets owned by better tackles. 2 TIGHT ENDS, None of which have made the field yet this year and then on a 32 y/o nose tackle in a 4-3!!??

So where is Bradys # 1?? an undrafted free agent? how about his star Free agent? 3 drops and 3 catches. Dobson, well he was covered like a blanket by a 33 y/o Newman who I wanted us to sign, but he was"washed up"

How about Boyce?? Didnt even see him on the field. Hooman? 2 targets, one that Brady put on his back shoulder. Bad throw by Brady.

Edleman? Perfect fade pass to his hands, he DROPPED IT!

Blount fumbled away a scoring oppty! Bradys Fault? Taking a sack on 1st play? Bradys Fault?

How about Thompkins, his # 1 WR? Didnt see much seperation. Not much pass blocking for him to survey the field. His passes didnt look horrible until the last drive where the announcers said they havent seen that kind of rain EVER! He threw up some lame ducks. NO QB was gonna come back in that Mess.

Now what you got Salcon? I'll come back and check later. I gotta go.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

And you assume there was One on every play. Did you count all the drop passes? That means Brady hit the open guy and he dropped it. When did Brady Panic? can u point out which play? Can you make a montague since his play was so bad? You dont have to worry about the list or be offended. You wont even notice im gone. Im gonna leave all the uninformed whining fans to do battle. This board has become a real drag...and now everyone has seemingly give way to the brainwashing Rusty has done here for 6 years now and actually Believe Brady is whats wrong.

No one wants to talk about the *ssbackwards way or priotizing personell. You start paying with your QB, then # 1 Cb, then D-line, then # 1 WR

We have money tied into a Guard who gets owned by better tackles. 2 TIGHT ENDS, None of which have made the field yet this year and then on a 32 y/o nose tackle in a 4-3!!??

So where is Bradys # 1?? an undrafted free agent? how about his star Free agent? 3 drops and 3 catches. Dobson, well he was covered like a blanket by a 33 y/o Newman who I wanted us to sign, but he was"washed up"

How about Boyce?? Didnt even see him on the field. Hooman? 2 targets, one that Brady put on his back shoulder. Bad throw by Brady.

Edleman? Perfect fade pass to his hands, he DROPPED IT!

Blount fumbled away a scoring oppty! Bradys Fault? Taking a sack on 1st play? Bradys Fault?

How about Thompkins, his # 1 WR? Didnt see much seperation. Not much pass blocking for him to survey the field. His passes didnt look horrible until the last drive where the announcers said they havent seen that kind of rain EVER! He threw up some lame ducks. NO QB was gonna come back in that Mess.

Now what you got Salcon? I'll come back and check later. I gotta go.

[/QUOTE]

First off, I didn't say he was to blame for everything.

I don't think he's the qb he once was not by a long shot.  He's 38 and his skills are not what they once were.  Is that so hard for you to see or are you wearing the TB Rose-colored glasses? 

Yes, there were drops by receivers as there always is.  There were also some bad passes and open receivers not thrown to.  Receivers are going to drop passes and qb's are not always perfect. 

But Tom Brady is supposedly the GOAT.  A sure Hall of Famer.  I expect him to show more poise than he has and play better.  That's all.  Is that too much to ask of your HOF, GOAT, 17 million dollar qb? 

I just don't think Brady is beyond criticism.  

Yes,  the offense as a whole played terrible yesterday.  The O line started out bad but seemed to settled down.  Blount fumbled once. Passes were dropped.  The play calling questionable. 

Brady is the leader of the offense.  If the offense plays poorly, he has to get some of the blame.  He's also THE team leader especially with Vince gone for the rest of the year so his attitude and leadership are needed more than ever with all these young guys on the team.

If you're not coming back to this forum, then don't let the door hit you in the "you know what."

And just to let you know, you're on my list too.

Nevermind.  

I don't really have a list. LOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re:

First off, I didn't say he was to blame for everything.

I don't think he's the qb he once was not by a long shot.  He's 38 and his skills are not what they once were.  Is that so hard for you to see or are you wearing the TB Rose-colored glasses? 

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that game aged him, but TB just turned 36.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

Brady is the leader of the offense.  If the offense plays poorly, he has to get some of the blame.  He's also THE team leader especially with Vince gone for the rest of the year so his attitude and leadership are needed more than ever with all these young guys on the team.

Brady doesn't pick his receivers, so blaming him for bums not running correct routes or dropping balls is bogus.

Belichick had plenty of time to find a suitable tight end to fill in for Gronkowski.  He goes with some unknown guy that wasn't even good enough to be drafted.  After wasting all of the preseason prep time and the first four games of the year, Sudfeld is released.  (This is very surprising because Rusty said that Sudfeld had "emerged".)

From the second they tried to stiff Welker, Belichick had all summer to find quality replacements at wide receiver.  He also knew that he wasn't bringing back LLoyd.  He fails to find decent replacements, instead going with a guy who is very injury prone, a couple of his own drafted wide receivers (history shows this is a terrible resource) and another guy who wasn't good enough to be drafted.

Somehow, people think Brady's numbers are down because Brady is having issues.

I am sure that this coming off season, Belichick is going to get some real NFL receivers in the game and Brady's numbers will return to where they should be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re:

Your kidding right?

So why do QB's and receivers spend extra time after practice together? why do Qb's and receivers work out together in the offseason? This offense is a read offense of course he needs to work with the receivers they need to know what is expected  when a certain hand signal is given or a read is made at the line they both need to be on the same page.

Sections
Shortcuts