Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/MFeem32-Mut/Tom+Brady+at+UCLA/4b857VfyD4a/Tom+Brady?pa=1&u=njiJKDxwj9w&tb=E&e=alert&l=img

I think the other guy is Edelman but I could be wrong. Cool seeing them work together during their off time before training camp. Again, I'd like to think our boy Brady is more committed as ever to the game of football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA

Yeah I'm not sure

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=33663

Would not surprise me though if it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Edeldman is from Northern Cali, he grew up near where Brady did, but that's not him. The same day these pics were taken Bret Lockett and Kerry Rohodes tweeted about working out with Brady and Welker.

Kerry Rhodes was VERY impressed with how Brady looked. Funny how a change in uniform can alter your opinion. Rememebr all the sh1t he talked last fall?!?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

That definitely isn't Edelman. Edelman has much lighter hair than that guy.

I think Brady is more committed than the media would like us to believe. I just read a report that said Manning probably won't get his contract until the season is over, but there's nothing saying he isn't committed or anything like that. The media is trying to keep this "Jets are on top, Pats are crumbling" story going for as long as they can. Once the season starts and the Pats start winning again they'll find someone else to hate on.

It's also great news that Welker is looking good and partaking in many offseason activities. At the very least we should have him around week six.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA:
    In Response to Re: Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA : Agreed completely. The media will use Brady, BB and the name New England Patriots in as much negative light as possible.  It's basically an incessant routine every other week. It gets really tiring. Meanwhile, they praise irrational behavior with the Jets and other teams and pretend it's going to work/they are on the upswing. Brady married the model, media geeks are jealous, and it's a Schaudenfreude media market. No doubt. Brady might not be thrilled he has a deal in place, but he's also not dumb. Nor is Gomer. They know they aren't going anywhere and may have to wait longer than they'd like.  So be it.
    Posted by russgriswold

Nice use of the Shaudenfreude complex Russ. I haven't been able to slide that in  here for a while. I usually apply it to the trolls.

BTW I think at this point I will be shocked if Welker isn't starting opening day. That's a pretty good feeling. Man we're deep at receiver this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Im shocked that Welker is sprinting even the fact hes running faster than Brady is quite funny. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA : Well, it's true. You have the internet, pretty much all people in all parts of life have access to it, and the media uses blogs and articles to prey on people who can't think for themselves, are miserable and want to feel better about themselves by hating on successful people. Look at Springer or reality tv.  Both pathetic time wasters, but people get off on it. I admit I enjoy watching disinegnous people like Arod, Kobe Bryant, Brett Favre and now someone like LeBron fail, as a "Schaduenfreude" type here and there, but I certainly don't focus on all of that stuff either. Not everyone is going to like everyone and that is the way it is, but generally speaking, you have to do what makes you happy. I don't get the people that sit around looking at these websites making fun of others.* *This does not apply to us making fun of Underoos and PatShats, amongst others. heh
    Posted by russgriswold

Me too a little.
    When I was younger I was a lot worse but I have to admit I actually felt a little sad to see George go today. The older I get the harder it is to hate these guys.The last time I used Schaudenfreude was when we got beat by the Colts. This forum was riddled with 100's of trolls that I have never seen before just showing up to bust nuts. That goes for all our big losses and sadly enough the biggest troll turn out of last year was when Welker blew his knee out. I'm glad I have a life outside of this stuff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA : Me too a little. When I was younger I was a lot worse but I have to admit I actually felt a little sad to see George go today. The older I get the harder it is to hate these guys.The last time I used Schaudenfreude was when we got beat by the Colts. This forum was riddled with 100's of trolls that I have never seen before just showing up to bust nuts. That goes for all our big losses and sadly enough the biggest troll turn out of last year was when Welker blew his knee out. I'm glad I have a life outside of this stuff.
    Posted by ewhite1065

You and me both. I grew up hating the Yankees and Steinbrenner because I thought it wasn't fair that he got all the good players. As I grew older and had my own successes and failures, I saw that Steinbrenner (and folks like Belichick, Brady, and Welker) get to where they get because of sheer hard work, determination, focus and discipline. As for the trolls, I agree there too but I always share an interesting quote that I read from Tom Brady. He said his father once told him, "the wind always blows hardest at the top of the mountain." That's all I think about when these trolls show up after a player gets injured. It's amazing how classless and sh!tty people can be (like how certain Steeler fans made a t-shirt of Brady laying on the ground in 2008) but ultimately, they'll reap what they sow. It's kind of how this works:  you are what you say, what you think, what you feel, what you wish on others, and who you hang out with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"The media is trying to keep this "Jets are on top, Pats are crumbling" story going for as long as they can."

I wonder if this has anything to do with the 1000's of unsold Jets seats at the New Meadowlands Stadium?  I was at the Bon Jovi / Kid Rock concert there this past Friday night.  Awesome place, had seats in the Stadium Club section - 212 Row 1 seats 1 + 2.  Were talking 42000 sq/ft (End Zone to End Zone) of Climate Controlled Food and Bars inside the club.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stay-Pro. Show Stay-Pro's posts

you are what you say, what you think, what you feel, what you wish on others, and who you hang out with.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Nice

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

THis is why I like the patriots chances this year. Brady is busting his butt, and Welker is going above and beyobd to be there on opening day

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Im shocked that Welker is sprinting even the fact hes running faster than Brady is quite funny. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

I dunno, Brady must be in the bottom 5 for  QBs when it comes to running. That picture was prolly right out of the gate....lol...otherwise, there'd be lots of daylight between welker and brady

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Shouldn't Brady be working out with the new receivers and Tight Ends?  Doesn't he already know what Welker is capable of?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

0 PASS RUSH=---------------> 7-9  :o(

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Not wrong at all sam.  Just wondering.  There are some here who are suggesting that Brady spent too much time targeting only 2 receivers last year.  This year he has a whole new slew of them. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA : Doggggg, I'm one of them but what choice did he have? It's funny how you recognize that he only had two receivers. I wonder if Manning could put up numbers like that if he only had two receivers coming off that surgery...outside. Welker is a huge part of this team and having them both get up speed and on the same page before training camp even starts is bad news for the league. The fact that TB is working with him right now show's how's important WW is to him. There's plenty of time for him to work with the new guys in training camp. Guys like Holt and Patten won't need much with the experience they have. Moss and Edelman already know him. Crumpler won't need much so all we're really talking about is Tate, Pryce, Gronk and Hernandez. You didn't answer my question, is Manning working with all his new guys right now? Is he working at all or with his BFF JT?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Sam - I think he did have other choices he had tight ends, other receivers, running backs.  I am sure that on pass plays that Welker and Moss weren't the only 2 sent on routes.  IMO sometimes you have to look for other guys.  Manning had Wayne and Clark but he managed to get 117 receptions out of 2 receivers that had previously caught a total of 4 in the NFL.  These 2 guys are 4th and 6th rdrs.  Yes Manning worked with them - quite frequently mind you.  That has been his thing.  I think that was previously Brady's thing, too, but not apparently anymore.  Here's an article. 

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=d3a607de-dbfe-4c63-9b8d-7e94aa532ed2

The key statement in the article: 

Manning listed rookie tight end Brody Eldridge as a player with whom he is working, as well as second-year veteran Sam Giguere, but said working with the Colts' young, experienced players – third-year veteran Pierre Garcon, second-year veteran Austin Collie and even fourth-year veteran Anthony Gonzalez – is critical, too.That is going on this weekend, Manning said, but it also has been an emphasis for two months.  “Everybody talks like this is a start,” Manning said. “We've been here since April. This is the first time the media is allowed, but we've been working a lot on the field.” 

And I don't want to hear about Brady's injury.  Everyone on this board was singing his praises in Feb 09 and throughout the offseason saying he wouldn't have any problems coming back because he was so far along in his rehab.  The pundits agreed as nearly every media outlet had them as superbowl participants. 

I think I have answered your questions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Give everyone a break Russ.  Players have to be in the same place for this to happen.  I'd expect that if everyone was working out with Tom and Playboy Mansion Mate Wes, then the pictures would include the likes of Tate, and Holt, and the new TE's, etc.  They don't. 

The place where these things generally take place is at the team facility.  You know that and I know that.  We also know that Brady has been there except when expected. 

Now someone like Holt may choose to stay away as well.  Reggie Wayne doesn't work out in Indy during the offseason, so he's only around when expected, but he's not the guy Manning needs to develop a rapport with.  By the same token, Welker is not the guy Brady needs to develop rapport with.  He's got 4 or 5 new guys that have never worked with him. 

I accept that Brady has new (and more important) responsibilities in his life, but that doesn't help your team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

not edelman. brady's hair looks ridiculous haha.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Could it be that Brady is back home visiting his family, watching his son be christened and Welker hoooked up with them to continue on with his rehab and get back into doing reps to get more muscle memory going? This is a problem? I can smell your fear all the way from Fort Wayne, you dork. Don't look now, but you look like a teenie bopper girl who reads TMZ and believes every single move a movie star makes based on a photograph. Let your imagination run free, Underoos, and stay in Pretendland in the barn. Good luck sharpening up those critical thinking skills in 8th Grade this Fall, too. You got a long way to go.
    Posted by russgriswold

It could be Russ that some of what you say is correct.  In fact, I it kind of fits with what I have already said. 

And no, it isn't a problem, unless you were prone to thinking that it might be better for your team if Brady was working out with his new teammates instead of an old one who may not be on the field for part of the year so that the new teammates could get a feel for how he throws, how he likes routes run, and a general sense of timing by practicing with him.  

PS - thanks for the name calling.  I win. Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Sam - welker caught 123 and Moss 83.  RB's caught 74 combined.  Other receivers 110.  19 of these receptions were from Hoyer. 

If Brady and Manning's roles were reversed, I believe that Manning would still have better stats.  His work ethic would demand it.  The fact is manning playing inside hurts his stats when he plays outside.  If you play outside all of the time you are used to it and know how to play it. 

As for the stats - If Brady had his second best season, wouldn't you have expected him and the team to do better than they did last year in the playoffs?  2 ints and a fumble in the first quarter alone doesn't seem to fit the second best season. 

What do you attribute his ineffectiveness to?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Reggie Wayne doesn't work out in Indy during the offseason, so he's only around when expected, but he's not the guy Manning needs to develop a rapport with. Are you sure you want to stick with this comment? He sure looks like he needs to work on some timing with him when you look at that Porter pick he took to the house...on Wayne... with 3 minutes to go...in the 4th quarter...of the SUPERBOWL... with a poor throw. Admit it, you're so jealous we have a winner and you have a guy petrified of the big game. he choked twice to Florida, once to Oklahoma and god only knows how many times in the playoffs in the NFL. He's like the coach in the Waterboy.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Good point sam.  Maybe he does.  Especially given it was a timing pattern.  That said you'd figure any bugs that did exist would have been worked out by the 19th game of the season. 

Oh - and your attempts to slam manning don't work with me.  You should know that by now. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Sam - So you are suggesting that Manning playing outside hurts his stats and playing inside pads his stats.  In what environment does he then play to his level?  I think if he played outside all of the time, his stats would be similar to what they are now.  Certainly there would be games that would have a negative impact, but they would likely be only one or two a year if any.  40 degrees is not bad weather. 

I know Brady's record says he's a better playoff Qb, but I don't know if that is actually the case.  During Brady's winning run, he had luxuries Manning never had, one of which was that he was rarely down more than 3 points which is attributable not just to brady but also his kicker and defense. 

In Manning's first 8 playoff games the colts d gave up the following rushing yards:
     197 (L)/258 (L)/180 (L)/146(w)/196 (w)/112 (L)/78 (w)/210 (L). 

In Brady's first 9 his d gave up the following rushing yds: 77/58/90/84/98/92/46/163/45 - additionally, only twice did the d give up more than 21 points. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA : Doggggg, Your acting like a typical Manning fan, when they win it's him and when they lose it's the D or the kicker. You can't have it both ways my friend. Was it the D or the kicker that just cost them the superbowl? I'll let Tex pick up this argument but Indy has had the best kicker in the NFL and a stellar defense at times so don't credit Manning for all their wins. I am suggesting (and I believe it to be true) that the amount of games he benefits by playing inside, out of the conditions is more than the defecit he faces when he plays outside. It doesn't even out. I guessing you haven't been to Foxboro in Dec/Jan? 40 degrees is a news worthy event.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Sam - I think you finally have it - although not entirely. 

When the D and kicker are not working IT is absolutely up to Manning to win the game.  Get it?  On the other hand if you have a clutch kicker and a D to support you then you do not have to be so great.  

That was the case for much of Manning's early career.  Just look at the rushing totals for opposing teams.  Manning doesn't play defense.  

Now, an example of when Manning got support (and it has been better in the second half of the decade) was the team's superbowl run.  KC had a great running attack that was shut down.  Manning was able to count on Viniateri in Baltimore.  

so, it is not always the case that Manning has not had support, but it was very much the case from 2000-2005.  And frankly, the expectation was not there for 2006.  The defensive support (which really wasn't there for the pats game - Manning did win that) just showed up.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA : Only you would look at 9-9 and 14-4 and be confused which QB is the better playoff QB. Manning has had MORE chances than Brady has as well, playing FOUR more full seasons! Give it a rest. You are here because it burns you to know someone is more accomplished when it counts over your boyfriend, Gomer.
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ - only you would say that a record is an absolute indication of a QB's effectiveness when their are 2 other phases of football outside the QB's realm. 

I am here because I like to discuss rationally with fans of other teams. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

hey i thought udg5 was supposed to be ignored.... sorry udg5.... i guess if you came on here and said manning is a choker( like we all know) we could recind that order...

maybe its buddy farnham....

hey springer.....your a loser you are because I said so!!!!! now go look in the mirror and blow yourself a kiss!