Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA

Russ -

If, as you say, its a QB league then "giving the colts SB vic to Addai or Rhodes" would be contrary to your statement.  Funny how you want me to agree with you, but you can't even agree with yourself in a single post.  

So do you give Brady credit for the pats beating the steelers in 01? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - If you have no idea what I mean then you are stupid.  You said it was a QB's league, to support your previously posted arguement that Manning is fully responsible for his playoff record.  Yet, then you claimed he was not responsible for  his SB win.  

Your playing both sides of the arguement.  Either the QB is responsible for all wins and losses or he is not.  It cannot be both.  So which side are you on?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

BTW - If Bledsoe was the real QB of that game, why give Brady credit for the victory?  You included it in his playoff record.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

LOL - Russ - you're flip flopping.  You are trying to say that QB's get all the credit and all of the blame but then don't want to give it where manning is concerned.  I'd call you a hypocrite because that is what you are demonstrating, but I think we'll just leave you at stupid homer.  Take off the glasses Russ. 

Forgive me all for engaging in russisms, but he totally deserves it here. 

As for the Brady/Bledsoe game - NFL rules may work that way, but in analysis "YOU" don't have to.  That you choose to shows a lack of depth, intentional or not.  And who was the better QB during the year has absolutely nothing to do with who was the better QB that game and who was responsible for the win.  In this regard, you are not a homer (because we are only talking about Patriots) - you are a hypocrite.  And a shallow one at that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

You are flip flopping because you using different standards to support your point.  If the QB gets credit for a team's win then you can't take it away when you think someone else deserves it.  By your own admission you give Brady credit for a win if only because he started the game, although another QB threw the team's only touchdown and the other scores came from defense and special teams. 

The fact is you are stretching your own truth in an attempt to downgrade Manning and praise Brady.  You can't have it both ways. 

I don't know if I have dung for brains, but its better than no brains at all, which we all apply to you. 

Since you seem bent on taking victories from Manning, I may have to figure out how many games Brady actually deserves credit for.  We may find some surprising answers. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Brady, Welker and Edelman(?) Workout at UCLA:
    No. Another lie. I said Bledsoe came in to help win the game for NE when Brady went down, but the league credits the starter with the win. I don't make the rules there, Roos.
    NOPE, BUT AS I SAID, YOU DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT TO BRADY'S RECORD FOR THAT WIN, BUT YOU ARE CHOOSING TO, AND BY DOING SO, YOU ARE BEING HYPOCRITICAL.  YOU SAY SOMEONE ELSE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WIN, BUT HAPPILY GIVE THE WIN CREDIT TO BRADY.  YOU ARE NOT THE NFL.  YOU ARE ALLOWED YOU USE YOUR OWN BRAI...WHOOPS.  SORRY.  THAT WASN'T NICE.

Even if you were take one win away from Brady in the playoffs, he still kills Egghead Manning 13-4, career, while Manning is 9-9 with FOUR more full seasons the same Off Coordinator, AND far better weaponry than Brady, minus 2007.
    NOT IF WE DIG DEEPER.  WE MAY VERY WELL FIND SOMETHING DIFFERENT.  SINCE YOU NOW WANT TO TAKE MANNING'S VICTORY FROM HIM, EVEN THOUGH YOU SAY QB'S ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR RECORD (HYPOCRITICAL, I KNOW, BUT WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A BRAIN, HOW WOULD YOU KNOW BETTER). 

Next, the fact is you are trying like hell to prop up Manning in the playoffs, but it's such a losing cause for you, you can't see straight and don't know it yet.
    NOT REALLY.  I AM JUST TRYING TO GET YOU TO PUT YOURSELF ON A SINGLE ARGUEMENT.  EITHER QB'S ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR RECORD OR THEY ARE NOT.  YOU SAID THEY ARE, BUT THEN YOU ARE TRYING TO TAKE MANNING'S SB WIN AWAY FROM HIM, WHILE MAINTAINING ONE FOR BRADY ALTHOUGH YOU BELIEVE SOMEONE ELSE IS DESERVED OF IT.  ALL I WANT FROM YOU IS TO TAKE ONE SIDE.  THAT'S IT.  WHICH IS IT? 

Here are some more facts for playoff stats head to head that make you look even more foolish: 1. Bradys SB rating is 12+ points better then the rest of the playoff games he has played in.  Mannings rating is 4 points less in the SB. 
    SO NOW YOU ARE GOING TO DISSECT THE SB AWAY FROM THE REST OF THE PLAYOFFS?  GOOD LORD. 

2. Of Manning 5 worst statistical games in his career, 3 of them were playoff games.  None of Bradys 5 worst games were a playoff game. 
    YEP - IN JETS GAME.  THE JETS RAN FOR 180 YARDS AND IN THE FIRST HALF OUR KICKER MISSED A FG AND WE FUMBLED A KICK OFF.  MANNING HAD NO TURNOVERS IN THE FIRST HALF YET THE JETS WERE UP 27-0 BEFORE THE COLTS GOT THE BALL TO START THE SECOND HALF.  NO KICKER; NO DEFENSE. 
    AGAINST THE PATS - THE NFL CHOSE TO EMPHASIZE THE RULE THAT THE REFS WOULD NOT CALL RE: DEFENSIVE HOLDING AND PI RESULTING IN MANY TO'S BY MANNING.  NOT SURPRISING. 
    AGAINST THE RAVENS THE BEST D IN THE NFL.  MANNING PUT THE TEAM IN POSITION FOR 5 FGS.  SOUNDS VERY BRADYLIKE TO ME.  ON THE OTHER HAND OTHER THAN LAST YEAR BRADY WON 4 OF HIS 5 WORST RATED PLAYOFF GAMES, WHY?  BECAUSE HE COULD RELY ON HIS KICKER AND HIS DEFENSE.  THEY HAD 2 VERY DIFFERENT REALITIES.  IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW BRADY LOOKS WITHOUT A DEFENSE, LOOK AT THE RAVENS GAME THIS YEAR.

3.  Manning has three games of a rating below 40 in the playoffs, Brady has none. SEE ABOVE.  AND YET THROUGH THE SAME NUMBER OF GAMES, MANNING HAS A BETTER OVERALL RATING THAN BRADY AND BRADY HAS A BETTER RECORD.  MUST BE THAT BRADY ONLY NEEDED TO MANAGE GAMES WHILE MANNING HAD TO WIN IT FOR THE TEAM.  WHEN BRADY HAD TO WIN IT FOR THE TEAM (SEE 2009) WHAT HAPPENED.  BRADY LIKE THE KID THAT WAS BORN INTO WEALTH AND PRIVELEDGE AS IT RELATES TO WHAT WAS EXPECTED FROM HIM IN ORDER FOR HIS TEAM TO WIN.  MANNING HAS SCRATCHED HIS WAY THERE.  IF THIS WASN'T TRUE YOU WOULDN'T HEAR PEOPLE CALLING MANNING THE BEST EVER. 

4.  In every single playoff loss under Manning, the Colts scored less points then they averaged in the same regular season.  In other words, the offense underperformed.
    SEE ABOVE. 

5.  Manning has three games in which he was unable to lead the Colts to an offensive TD in the playoffs.  Brady has none. I hope you enjoyed your complete pasting off this thread. Note the title of this thread and how you tried to manipulate it in favor of Gomer being superior to Brady.
    THIS IS MEANINGLESS.  MANNING WON ONE OF THOSE GAMES.  IN PATSLAND IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW A TEAM WINS (REMEMBER YOU ATTRIBUTE THE PITT WIN TO BRADY EVENTHOUGH IT WAS BLEDSOE THAT GOT THE TD).  BTW - WHICH TD DID BRADY LEAD THE PATS TO IN THAT GAME?

Posted by russgriswold

SORRY KIDDO - THE ONLY PASTING WAS YOU BY ME ON THIS THREAD AND THAT PASTY FACE OF YOURS YOU USE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Sorry to burst your bubble yet again little one.  The caps were just to differentiate the text.  But listen, I don't want to quash your dreams.  I know that I am your giant whale you hope someday to reel in. 

Dig in boy.  It ain't comin' any time soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

No need to spin.  I sit on some pretty firm ground as far as I am concerned.  Keep fishing little boy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Hey russ - tell us how Brady won that playoff game without being directly involved in any scoring?    Remember Bledsoe threw a TD and special teams and d stepped up.  

How was brady involved in scoring a td in that game?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - Football isn't baseball and we are not dealing in official statistics here.  we're just talking.  I don't know why you can't get that through that thick skull of yours.  Do you listen? 

I want to know whether or not you, not the nfl or mlb (lord knows why you brought them into the conversation), think Brady deserves credit for that win?  Yes or no?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

On the other hand if you have a clutch kicker and a D to support you then you do not have to be so great.    I don't believe you can post some of this garbage without laughing while you do it. Are you implying that Manning wins his games and earned his record and Brady was "just a game manager" and the real credit should go to the kicker and the D? I've heard meth heads and crack _hores on COPS make more sense than that. Russ, do me a favor and see if you can dig up the inside versus outside stats. Then we can see how Peyton Timberlake would really be outside.   Look, it all comes down to a simple question. Who would you want to have control of your offense when it really counts? Manning has had a horrible career in both College and the NFL level when big games come around. He's great getting to them and always has been but he just can't win the big one. Now, Brady..... please don't make me go and find the ridiculously long list of NFL records and playoff wins and post them AGAIN for you to see. And finally both you and Russ need to understand that this is a team sport and the team as a whole is to be credited or blamed. If anyone one person is going to assume that responsibility it's the coach, not the QB. So doggggg, did you think Marino was better than Montana because he had better career stats? 
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Thanks for making me laugh to close my Friday out Sam. Can't wait to get home and mix one up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Brady started the game, had the higher rating, more yards and Completion%. The minutes played was almost even. So, the answer is Brady.
    Posted by russgriswold

Well there you go.  You've just proven to yourself and everyone else that Brady's playoff record really has very little to do with himself.  Most of his early victories were the result of reliance on players on the team other than himself.   Nice ride for him.

Peyton Manning is clearly better. 

Thanks for agreeing Russ. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

On the other hand if you have a clutch kicker and a D to support you then you do not have to be so great.    I don't believe you can post some of this garbage without laughing while you do it. Are you implying that Manning wins his games and earned his record and Brady was "just a game manager" and the real credit should go to the kicker and the D? I've heard meth heads and crack _hores on COPS make more sense than that. Russ, do me a favor and see if you can dig up the inside versus outside stats. Then we can see how Peyton Timberlake would really be outside.   Look, it all comes down to a simple question. Who would you want to have control of your offense when it really counts? Manning has had a horrible career in both College and the NFL level when big games come around. He's great getting to them and always has been but he just can't win the big one. Now, Brady..... please don't make me go and find the ridiculously long list of NFL records and playoff wins and post them AGAIN for you to see. And finally both you and Russ need to understand that this is a team sport and the team as a whole is to be credited or blamed. If anyone one person is going to assume that responsibility it's the coach, not the QB. So doggggg, did you think Marino was better than Montana because he had better career stats? 
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Sam, one of your own Rusty, essentially proved Manning was better today by giving a win to Brady when he didn't score but Bledsoe did.  Brady, especially in his early years nearly always relied on everyone else.  What a luxury.  Manning didn't have that. 

As for the Marino Montana comparison, that's quite a bit different than comparing Marino and Dilfer, don't you agree? 

You watch COPS?  Do you watch professional wrestling, too, like TP?