Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

braeking news he should have signed an extension through 2017!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

As I said under the Welker post, I knew Brady would re-work his deal.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This is my favorite part:

The upshot of the deal is to give the Patriots massive cap relief in a flat-cap era. He was due to count on the New England salary cap $43.6 million in 2013 and 2014. Now, his cap numbers will add up to $28.6 million in the next two years, a savings of $15 million in cap dollars at a time the Patriots have free agents they want to sign to help keep the team atop the AFC East, which they have dominated since Brady took over at quarterback in 2001.

After the Patriots move money around to lessen the blow of Brady's money in a flat-cap era -- the NFL's salary cap is expected to be virtually the same in the next two years as it was last season, about $121 million a year -- here will be Brady's cap numbers over the next five seasons, according to a source with knowledge of the contract:

2013: $13.8 million.
    2014: $14.8 million.
    2015: $13 million.
    2016: $14 million.
    2017: $15 million.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130225/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-contract/#ixzz2LwszrlON   Thank you Tom!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

PhatRex owned again.  LMFAO.  I wonder what his next talking point will be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

One big wide receiver

Let the running backs run

Go with another Defensive draft

Move Mallett for a pick or two

And let's get ready to rumble!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

wow. thought this was a joke. game changer for sure. amazing.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

3 yrs 27 mil, sounds like a bargain!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Great news!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Well this means Welker is coming back. I'm sure part of this was so he can maintain Welker.

This should also really help us retain Talib. 

HUGE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Solid news, Pats get the cap relief they need. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

LOL.  If I am the Ravens I tell Flacco "we will give you Tom Brady money".  Take it or leave it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Brady did a massive solid for the Pats. Looking at the contracts on the market 9mil for Brady over 3 years and essentially cutting his cap hit by a 1/3rd is way, way below market value (see Manning for comparison age and talent wise)

This was massive on Brady's point, he did right by the team and the fans now that money can be put towards Welker and getting a big WR like Nelson and let the rest of the cap space spent on D (Vollmer signed to of course)

I wonder if we will see Wilfork do the same and look at a massive spending spree

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

rusty i used to like u because it seemed like u were outcasted here by a lot of people but it looks like u look for arguements with those same people

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Brady did a massive solid for the Pats. Looking at the contracts on the market 9mil for Brady over 3 years and essentially cutting his cap hit by a 1/3rd is way, way below market value (see Manning for comparison age and talent wise)

This was massive on Brady's point, he did right by the team and the fans now that money can be put towards Welker and getting a big WR like Nelson and let the rest of the cap space spent on D (Vollmer signed to of course)

I wonder if we will see Wilfork do the same and look at a massive spending spree

Wilfork doesn't make less than his wife. I would have no problem if Wilfork did not decide to take a pay cut. I don't know what his wife does, but I would assume he provides for his family.

Brady was still making less than his wife. So Brady could afford to take the discount.

Still, props to Brady, he didn't need to take the discount. But as I said earlier, wilforks family isn't as well off as Brady's...so you shouldn't be upset if he doesn't take a pay cut

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Wilfork doesn't make less than his wife. I would have no problem if Wilfork did not decide to take a pay cut. I don't know what his wife does, but I would assume he provides for his family.

Brady was still making less than his wife. So Brady could afford to take the discount.

Still, props to Brady, he didn't need to take the discount. But as I said earlier, wilforks family isn't as well off as Brady's...so you shouldn't be upset if he doesn't take a pay cut

I wouldn't mind if Wilfork doesn't either, I don't blame any guy for not but Wilfork also seems like a down to earth guy that just loves playing for the team. Would it shock you if he does something similar to retire a Pat and still get some extra money?

Sections
Shortcuts