Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Re: Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

fair enough

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Brady, putting team before money -- again.  Let's hope the personnel guys use the cap space wisely. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

LOL.  If I am the Ravens I tell Flacco "we will give you Tom Brady money".  Take it or leave it.

You took the words out of Ozzie's mouth.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Brady may still be traded by the Pats prior to 2017 if his level of play dropped and the Pats do not want to continue to pay him at the level agreed to now.  So Brady retiring as a Patriot is not guaranteed, given the Pats have never shown a lot of sentimentality in their business dealings in the past.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB does it again!!  This guy is a freaking stud!  I see pros for both sides but once again, just shows how TFB is a team first guy!  Now move that money around and get us some key players to win at least 2 more SB's!!!!

Now you guys have to put up with me TFB12 for 5 more years!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

LOL.  If I am the Ravens I tell Flacco "we will give you Tom Brady money".  Take it or leave it.

lmao

This is even better because Flacco will be MORE SO overpaid than it was going to appear, the next 2 seasons in the AFC by comparison. Ozzie Newsome is currently very uncomfortable knowing Brady is better at age 36 than Flacco at age 28, but Flacco will be commanding almost 10 mil more in the next 2 years. lol

I didn't think Brady would restructure, but the extension made it possible. I love it. RKrap exposed again. He came on here telling us Brady couldn't restructure in any way, shape or form, just literally 24 hours ago.

Absolutely priceless. Cannot be made up.

That guy says something and the complete opposite is true. lmao

there you go again, putting words in my mouth. I said Brady could not restructure, he had to be extended. I also offered he would sign for 3 years or 5 years.

Just to be clear, BRADY COULD NOT RESTRUCTURE HIS CONTRACT BECAUSE HE WAS SIGNED ONLY THRU 2014. BRADY HAD TO EXTEND HIS CONTRACT TO PUSH MONEY OUT OF THIS YEAR AND NEXT INTO FUTURE YEARS WHEN THE CAP IS HIGHER. It is so loud and clear you have zero understanding of the cap...you should stop being so offensive and listen and learn. Again, to be 100% clear, YOU HAVE ZERO UNDERSTANDING OF THE CAP. YOUR COMMENTS SPEAK LOUD AND CLEAR ABOUT THIS

To be clear, you are exposed, as there clearly is no such thing as "salary cap h**l"...with out the extension, like I said, the Pats were between a rock and a hard place.

What is left unsaid is that the money is 100% guaranteed (I would also assume insured to some extent) and also mostly paid UPFRONT.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Brady may still be traded by the Pats prior to 2017 if his level of play dropped and the Pats do not want to continue to pay him at the level agreed to now.  So Brady retiring as a Patroit is not guaranteed, given the Pats have never shown a lot of sentimentality in their business dealings in the past.

I just don't see that happening.  If he isn't playing to the level he holds him self too then he will retire or just stop playing and remain with the team in some erea before they trade him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Brady may still be traded by the Pats prior to 2017 if his level of play dropped and the Pats do not want to continue to pay him at the level agreed to now.  So Brady retiring as a Patroit is not guaranteed, given the Pats have never shown a lot of sentimentality in their business dealings in the past.

Manning signed a 5 year extension before getting cut. So you are right, it does not guarantee he retires a Patriot.

But it makes it a whole lot more likely.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Manning signed a 5 year extension before getting cut. So you are right, it does not guarantee he retires a Patriot.

Difference is Manning's contract was for a lot more AND Luck was the best QB prospect in a long time.  Perfect storm.  Unlilely to happen again.  It is also worth pointing out that when the Pats have aggressively traded well known players it was because they didn't want to pay them.  Brady just signed a below market extension so hardly the same situation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Not so sure Kraft would apply his usual business philosophy to his HOf, face of the franchise, greatest player in the history of the game. There's more to it than sentimentality.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

You took the words out of Ozzie's mouth.

I think the Browns want Flacco and would give him the biggest salary in the NFL...never mind Mallet

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I just don't see that happening.  If he isn't playing to the level he holds him self too then he will retire or just stop playing and remain with the team in some erea before they trade him. 

I believe if Brady has a big falloff he will redo the money and be a backup if he still wants to be in the game.

Brady is the type that will still be good 5 years from now. He isn't great based on awesome physical gifts, so deterioration of the physical is less debilitating for him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

there you go again, putting words in my mouth. I said Brady could not restructure, he had to be extended. I also offered he would sign for 3 years or 5 years.

Just to be clear, BRADY COULD NOT RESTRUCTURE HIS CONTRACT BECAUSE HE WAS SIGNED ONLY THRU 2014. BRADY HAD TO EXTEND HIS CONTRACT TO PUSH MONEY OUT OF THIS YEAR AND NEXT INTO FUTURE YEARS WHEN THE CAP IS HIGHER. It is so loud and clear you have zero understanding of the cap...you should stop being so offensive and listen and learn. Again, to be 100% clear, YOU HAVE ZERO UNDERSTANDING OF THE CAP. YOUR COMMENTS SPEAK LOUD AND CLEAR ABOUT THIS

To be clear, you are exposed, as there clearly is no such thing as "salary cap h**l"...with out the extension, like I said, the Pats were between a rock and a hard place.

What is left unsaid is that the money is 100% guaranteed (I would also assume insured to some extent) and also mostly paid UPFRONT.  

Rusty might be strawmanning you a bit, but to be fair if I recall correctly you were arguing the Pats were screwed because the only way to restructure Brady would be to sign him to a huge extension (something like 5/100).  Obviously that wasn't correct either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Do we really throw money at Talib?  How durable is the guy?  He seems to get injured as often as Chung.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I will say this, the Pats are very fortunate to have Mrs. Brady bringing home the bacon in that family.  Free's up Tom's ability to help the team.  Good for them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

lmao

This is even better because Flacco will be MORE SO overpaid than it was going to appear, the next 2 seasons in the AFC by comparison. Ozzie Newsome is currently very uncomfortable knowing Brady is better at age 36 than Flacco at age 28, but Flacco will be commanding almost 10 mil more in the next 2 years. lol

I didn't think Brady would restructure, but the extension made it possible. I love it. RKrap exposed again. He came on here telling us Brady couldn't restructure in any way, shape or form, just literally 24 hours ago.

Absolutely priceless. Cannot be made up.

That guy says something and the complete opposite is true. lmao

Dude, you're a liar. You kept interjecting YESTERDAY saying things like "he can't restructure".  I thought you knew something everyone else didn't.

It left me sratching my head, I was looking for evidence why he couldn't restrcuture and do an extension on the back end, etc, to the point Prolate and I were going back and forth on it.

Don't come in here and look to save face now, liar. You, Hurl, Pezzy and Phat Rex are incredibly bad liars.

Something had to give here. Brady wisely and very nicely acknowledges to me YET AGAIN, that he doesn't deserver 22 million the next 2 years after some poor postseason play of late and he should be commended, as should BB.

This quickly opens up more options, already better than what they had. Hey, what kind of position are the Jets in? Can you and Phat Rex fill us in?

He didnt restructure. He extended. There is a big difference. Why cant you understand that?

The Jets have nothing to do with the Pats. The Pats were between a rock and a hard place with Bradys contract. Brady accepted an upfront check for $75 million, 100% guaranteed. Even if cut or traded, he keeps the money. ow the Pats are not between a rock and hard place. course if he is injured or his play significantly declines, the Pats are on the hook for his money...shows how deep deep is when it comes to Krafts pockets.

The Jets are a different situation. They are cutting unproductive players, and resturcturing players they want to keep. By March 12th they will be $20-$30 million under the cap...

It will be interesting to see who does a better job with the money, the Jets or the Pats...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Not so sure Kraft would apply his usual business philosophy to his HOf, face of the franchise, greatest player in the history of the game. There's more to it than sentimentality.

I hope you are right. Brady's hit on the cap will be $15 millions in 2017 when he is 40 years old. Joe Montana retired in a Chief's uniform.

25. This post has been removed.