Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

Hey Rusty, I wonder if Bob Kraft said to Brady...now Tom, before you sign this contract I want you to get back under center and stop dictating the offense, you really have ruined our playoff chances the last three years. Tom, you really have no idea how close I came to trading you after that Cardinal's game - I was going to start the Mallett revolution right there!! I'm doing you a personal favor because we both know that Mallett is a franchise quarterback - he shoeld be the guy starting - so consider yourself lucky, I'm only doing this because Myra had a crush on you. LOL!

What's it been like for you today Rust? Here Belichick lets the whole world know how important Brady is to this team. And on the other hand you have Brady (who you called selfish) taking less than market on his deal. What's that like for you? Oh, and you can throw in the FACT that it took 2 hours for the Patriots to effortlessly shave 8 million off our cap. Boom! There goes three years of debating down the drain for you:(

It's ok rust, you always have Tylenol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to csylvia79's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to In_BB_We_Trust's comment:

rusty i used to like u because it seemed like u were outcasted here by a lot of people but it looks like u look for arguements with those same people

No. I get attacked by trolls or irrationals and yes, I do like to point out that I was correct after the fact.

Maybe if I didn't get attacked in the first place, I wouldn't to call those loony birds out on the flipside?

Come on, now. RKrap was on here JUST YESTERDAY with Phat Rex roaming in and out of threads telling us there was no way out from the 2013 and 2014 Brady 22 mil cap hit.

I couldn't make up the hilarity and timing of their stupidity if I sat down and brainstormed with Larry David.

He didn't say that at all .  Why do you lie.  He said he would have to extend, which is true and what he is doing.  He is extending and taking a massive pay cut, something that was not expected.

He was saying you can't restructure the 2 remaing years on the contract without a bigger hit in 2014.  He was right and you don't have a clue.

Pretty much Brady made 15 dissapear for 2 years and is taking a huge cut for the 3 yr extention to make it work.

Once again, TB is the reason for this teams success and there's no debating that.

Still you bash him by saying he realizes he is not worth the money???  You're one sick biotch.

Show us his quote where he said that. He kept telling people Brady cannot restructure again.

Brady now needs to show up in the postseason. This only means something if he doesn't underwhelm again in January and February, Pezzy.

We'll still be wondering which Brady will show up, but this certainly was a good move by him.

Insufferable little man.  You have no clue.

Go back and read his post.  Can you read?  Do you know the difference between restructuring and extending?    Several of tried to explain it to you yesterday.

I honestly think you don't.

What will be your excuse for the D, blowing this year?

If it is any good at all, it will be because of the one man that made it possible to get some talent.  The one man you bash constantly and the only constant that has kept this team in it for the past decade. 

You make us sick.

The board!

I just think Rusty can't ever admit he is wrong even partially.  All this flap because he doesn't want to admit what terms are bing used.   He can make very valid point at times, but others he is just too stuborn to admit he is wrong.  Worst is when people show him he is wrong he keeps fighting and changing his wording to seem like he never said the orginal statements.

I just posted you each RKarp and PHat Rex's statements as they took on PatsBandwagon1976.

I did your work for you, their comments are RIGHT THERE IN PRINT, and you still pretend I was the one who was wrong? Or PatsBandwagon1976? Or Prolate? We all were pondering just WHY it couldn't be done, searching and scanning why they were so covinced Brady couldn't restructure if a new deal provided it. 

We all sat there and were asking WHY it wasn't possible for Brady to restructure right now and we were told repeatedly he couldn't with 1 year left in his deal.

He has TWO years left in his deal and barring a new rule that you can't restructure in back to back years or that an extension can't trigger a restructure of a pre 2011 deal, they're 100% wrong.

Each of them said it couldn't be done.

WHy do you choose to align with trolls? You seem like a decent person. Pezzy is gone. Sick. Diseased. Brady obsessed. But, you didn't seem to be like that. A shame.

this is what I posted yesterday;

Just to be clear, Brady cannot renegotiate his contract, because after this year, he has 1 year left on his deal. The most the Pats can push off from his salary this year into next is a $5 million dollar bonus. That will lower Brady's cap hit this year to $17 million, but push it next year to $27 million. 

The only answer for cap relief from Brady's contract is to extend his contract. I think you are looking at at least 5 years and $100 million to extend him, taking him to his 42 birthday. 

My thoughts on the Pats salary cap issues are pretty clear, even though Rusty does not understand them;

1) Brady's contract is too high a percent of the total, and extending him for 5 more years is risky

2) Vince is in a similar situation. He is over 30, has a lot of wear and tear, and has the wrong body type to extend into his 35th year

3) Mankins simply won't renegotiate after getting jerked around and losing half a seasons pay

4) The Pats have no obvious high salary cuts that don't make the team worse. Cutting Ghost or Lloyd, in my opinion weakens the Pats while saving them money. Cutting Fells, Larsen really doesn't save much money. 

5) The Pats have 18 free agents, with a good 15 of them making contributions to the team of great value. While losing Chung is not much of a hit, I contend losing Arrington, Cole, Edelman, Woody, Thomas, Huma will weaken the team as they all contributed. Not to say the Pats cannot resign them, but if they wish to resign 2 of the big 3, it will be hard to bring back many of the 2 nd tier contributors

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to jam757's comment:

Incredible news! I jumped out of my chair and almost put my fist through the ceiling here at work! Brady will retire a Patriot! Hopefully when he is 43!!!! Get Freeny, Welker, Talib, and Ed Reed signed right f'n now!

Sounds good, except I'd go for Goldson over Reed. Although Belichick is in love with Reed (rightly so).

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

rusty i used to like u because it seemed like u were outcasted here by a lot of people but it looks like u look for arguements with those same people

I agree with you. I am at mild dislike now with Rusty because he can't admit he is wrong and a attacks the same few people whenever he can.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Hey Rusty, I wonder if Bob Kraft said to Brady...now Tom, before you sign this contract I want you to get back under center and stop dictating the offense, you really have ruined our playoff chances the last three years. Tom, you really have no idea how close I came to trading you after that Cardinal's game - I was going to start the Mallett revolution right there!! I'm doing you a personal favor because we both know that Mallett is a franchise quarterback - he shoeld be the guy starting - so consider yourself lucky, I'm only doing this because Myra had a crush on you. LOL!

What's it been like for you today Rust? Here Belichick lets the whole world know how important Brady is to this team. And on the other hand you have Brady (who you called selfish) taking less than market on his deal. What's that like for you? Oh, and you can throw in the FACT that it took 2 hours for the Patriots to effortlessly shave 8 million off our cap. Boom! There goes three years of debating down the drain for you:(

It's ok rust, you always have Tylenol.

It all means nothing unless Brady performs better in the postseason. It's been great here today.

Holmes is being asked to "restucture" for your Jets and Brady wisely admitted his play hasn't justified 22 million in 2013 and 2014, as I have been saying.

Nice to see Brady agree with me. 

He didn't admit anything. He basic said to BB and Kraft how do we keep Welker.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

they extended Brady 3 more years and pushed some of his 2013 and 2014 money into 2015,16,17. Instead of agreeing to 5/$100 with 40-60% of it guaranteed, they agreed to 5/$75 with all of it guaranteed and paid upfront

Brady took a below market deal in order to guarantee more money and get it faster.

This has been talked to death...I will leave it to others to rip you while you try to dance out of your naievete.

I will again steal the best line of the past week when discussing things with you...Dumbkoff!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

No. I get attacked by trolls or irrationals and yes, I do like to point out that I was correct after the fact.

Maybe if I didn't get attacked in the first place, I wouldn't to call those loony birds out on the flipside?

Come on, now. RKrap was on here JUST YESTERDAY with Phat Rex roaming in and out of threads telling us there was no way out from the 2013 and 2014 Brady 22 mil cap hit.

I couldn't make up the hilarity and timing of their stupidity if I sat down and brainstormed with Larry David.

He didn't say that at all .  Why do you lie.  He said he would have to extend, which is true and what he is doing.  He is extending and taking a massive pay cut, something that was not expected.

He was saying you can't restructure the 2 remaing years on the contract without a bigger hit in 2014.  He was right and you don't have a clue.

Pretty much Brady made 15 dissapear for 2 years and is taking a huge cut for the 3 yr extention to make it work.

Once again, TB is the reason for this teams success and there's no debating that.

Still you bash him by saying he realizes he is not worth the money???  You're one sick biotch.

Show us his quote where he said that. He kept telling people Brady cannot restructure again.

Brady now needs to show up in the postseason. This only means something if he doesn't underwhelm again in January and February, Pezzy.

We'll still be wondering which Brady will show up, but this certainly was a good move by him.

Go back and read his post.  Can you read?  Do you know the difference between restructuring and extending?    Several of tried to explain it to you yesterday.

If it is any good at all, it will be because of the one man that made it possible to get some talent.  The one man you bash constantly and the only constant that has kept this team in it for the past decade. 

You make us sick.

The board!

I just think Rusty can't ever admit he is wrong even partially.  All this flap because he doesn't want to admit what terms are bing used.   He can make very valid point at times, but others he is just too stuborn to admit he is wrong.  Worst is when people show him he is wrong he keeps fighting and changing his wording to seem like he never said the orginal statements.

I just posted you each RKarp and PHat Rex's statements as they took on PatsBandwagon1976.

I did your work for you, their comments are RIGHT THERE IN PRINT, and you still pretend I was the one who was wrong? Or PatsBandwagon1976? Or Prolate? We all were pondering just WHY it couldn't be done, searching and scanning why they were so covinced Brady couldn't restructure if a new deal provided it. 

We all sat there and were asking WHY it wasn't possible for Brady to restructure right now and we were told repeatedly he couldn't with 1 year left in his deal.

He has TWO years left in his deal and barring a new rule that you can't restructure in back to back years or that an extension can't trigger a restructure of a pre 2011 deal, they're 100% wrong.

WHy do you choose to align with trolls? You seem like a decent person. Pezzy is gone. Sick. Diseased. Brady obsessed. But, you didn't seem to be like that. A shame.

Just to be clear, Brady cannot renegotiate his contract, because after this year, he has 1 year left on his deal. The most the Pats can push off from his salary this year into next is a $5 million dollar bonus. That will lower Brady's cap hit this year to $17 million, but push it next year to $27 million. 

The only answer for cap relief from Brady's contract is to extend his contract. I think you are looking at at least 5 years and $100 million to extend him, taking him to his 42 birthday. 

My thoughts on the Pats salary cap issues are pretty clear, even though Rusty does not understand them;

1) Brady's contract is too high a percent of the total, and extending him for 5 more years is risky

2) Vince is in a similar situation. He is over 30, has a lot of wear and tear, and has the wrong body type to extend into his 35th year

3) Mankins simply won't renegotiate after getting jerked around and losing half a seasons pay

4) The Pats have no obvious high salary cuts that don't make the team worse. Cutting Ghost or Lloyd, in my opinion weakens the Pats while saving them money. Cutting Fells, Larsen really doesn't save much money. 

5) The Pats have 18 free agents, with a good 15 of them making contributions to the team of great value. While losing Chung is not much of a hit, I contend losing Arrington, Cole, Edelman, Woody, Thomas, Huma will weaken the team as they all contributed. Not to say the Pats cannot resign them, but if they wish to resign 2 of the big 3, it will be hard to bring back many of the 2 nd tier contributors

Case closed folks!!

"Just to be clear, Brady cannot renegotiate his contract, because after this year, he has 1 year left on his deal."

He just renegotiated it!!!!!

WTF planet is Pezzy, CSylvia and others on here? 

He also said "at least 5 years and 100 million to extend him to age 42"

LOL!!!

Doom and gloom RKrap!  Caught again!

You really have no reading comprehension, do you.

It is very obvious to any one with a brain that he was talking about restructuring his 2 year contract which as he says would increase next years cap by 5M.

He is correct and you are WRONG!

He also mentioned he could EXTEND but nobody expected him to do it at half market value.

Full market value is right where he put it. 

Half market value takes a team player and a VERY BIG MAN, unlike you!

Do you really collect a paycheck for being on BDC all day and night?  Who is your employer?

Shouldn't you be taking a HUGE pay cut?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Clark? ..are you and Fierce related?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

You make us sick.

The board!

Case closed folks!!

"Just to be clear, Brady cannot renegotiate his contract, because after this year, he has 1 year left on his deal."

LOL!!!

It is very obvious to any one with a brain that he was talking about restructuring his 2 year contract which as he says would increase next years cap by 5M.

He also mentioned he could EXTEND but nobody expected him to do it at half market value.

Brady JUST RENOGIATED His contract by agreesng to an extension which totally chnaged the structure of the extension he sgined in 2010. 

So, yes, he could renegogitate, you idiot! What do you think he just did?

RKrap's first sentence says he could not!

If he meant to say something different, that is not anyone else's fault. Keep in mind, it's RKrap and Phat Rex who squashed the concept.

He we go attack others....its funny now he is saying what everyone has been saying just changing the wording.  It sick just admit you started a fight over nothing becuase you wanted too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Maybe Revis will be extended for less. Yeah right.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Brady will make less than Revis?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

You make us sick.

The board!

Case closed folks!!

LOL!!!

Brady JUST RENEGOGIATED His contract by agreeing to an extension which totally changed the structure of the extension he signed in 2010. 

So, yes, he could renegotiate, you idiot! What do you think he just did?

RKrap's first sentence says he could not!

If he meant to say something different, that is not anyone else's fault. Keep in mind, it's RKrap and Phat Rex who squashed the concept.

For the last time, try to understand.  Should I type slowly?

He said he couldn't UNDER THE CURRENT CONTRACT (yesterdays) without it creating a higher cap hit in 2014.   He did not say he couldn't extend, in fact he said he would have to.  He was right!  Read and try to understand.  My 13 year old understands it.  Why don't you?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts