Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Re: Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

Here are the details of the deal

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4740303/details-of-tom-bradys-new-deal

33 million is guarenteed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

four bs - you may not care for my comments or assume that they are slanted, but I think I am just taking an objective approach from a different angle. 

If Brady's wife makes more than he does and will continue to after his career is over, does brady have to worry about how he's going to finance his family's future lifestyle in the same way it currently exists?  No. 

so he has the luxury to make a deal.  Good for him.  Other players may not.  Good for you as a pats fan, but don't suggest that the comment was dumb, unless logic isn't your bag. 

On this board, people complain constantly about the receiving corps as if it doesn't exist beyond Welker and the TE's.  I don't necessarily agree, but it does seem that these guys come and go frequently since 2007.  Further, some have suggested that Brady's too reliant on Welker and that hurts the offensive dynamic. 

I have been a longstanding defender of Welker, but maybe there is something to this idea.  Welker's a HOF'er, imo, but if Brady can't effectively see the field beyond him or Gronkowski then the pats have to find a way to change the way they run their offense. 

Just my 2 cents.  I think both Brady and Welker are great, but there's a lot of gnashing of teeth here given that the pats can't seem to get over the hump and are looking more and more like the colts of old. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Bottom line: Brady takes a huge voluntary cut, because BB can't draft. Now let's hope he doesn't pissss away the Brady money on more bad choices.

yea im sure brady said ill take a pay cut sincy my coach/GM cant draft......you are even dumber than i thought!

people are in here praising brady for being a team player by doing this, and here you are criticizing BB?

they both make eachother better, HOF coach and HOF qb. enough of this crap that brady didnt have enough talent around him.....teams around the league would love to have some of the weapons the pats have had.

Simmer down Rustyclone. Of course Brady is aware BB's drafting, especially on D, has sucked. The whole world is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Pure hogwash without a shred of fact supporting it. Typical that the likes of you would dig this up.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

A guy who drafts two DROY of the types (Mayo in 2008, 2012 Jones was well on his way pre sprained ankle), McCourty, Spikes, Hightower, Dennard, etc aren't good young players?

Maybe a jealous troll fan of another team thinks these are crappy players or just a troll like you thinks that.

Set against Meriweather, Wheatley, Crable, Chung, Brace, Butler, Cunningham, Dowling and Wilson those aren't impressive results.

McCourty remains suspect. Spikes is nothing special. And Hightower, Jones and Dennard remain to be fully evaluated.

Pretty poor drafting on D, just like I said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

interesting read:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peter-schrager-tom-bradys-reported-deal-with-new-england-benefits-both

Pure hogwash without a shred of fact supporting it. Typical that the likes of you would dig this up.

LOL - Babe, gets a little frisky when the national media shares their thoughts contrary to Babe's.  Not difficult to "dig up" a foxsports.com story. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

interesting read:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peter-schrager-tom-bradys-reported-deal-with-new-england-benefits-both

LOL - Babe, gets a little frisky when the national media shares their thoughts contrary to Babe's.  Not difficult to "dig up" a foxsports.com story. 

Point out specifically the "veracity" of the article troll. I know you hate that word. LMAO@U

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1234530010_bangbang.gif

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

A guy who drafts two DROY of the types (Mayo in 2008, 2012 Jones was well on his way pre sprained ankle), McCourty, Spikes, Hightower, Dennard, etc aren't good young players?

Maybe a jealous troll fan of another team thinks these are crappy players or just a troll like you thinks that.

Set against Meriweather, Wheatley, Crable, Chung, Brace, Butler, Cunningham, Dowling and Wilson those aren't impressive results.

McCourty remains suspect. Spikes is nothing special. And Hightower, Jones and Dennard remain to be fully evaluated.

Curious Babe, how would you define good drafting? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I would like to thank TB for marrying Giselle in order to benefit Bob Kraft.  He's the best friend evah!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

McCourty was ranked as one of the best FSs last year after a nice start at CB, also ranked highly.

Meriweather started for BB and was a back up in Pro Bowls.  A disappointment, but nowhere near as offensive as a bust as you and your minions claim. He freelanced, didn't mature, so they let him go. 

McCourty was an All Pro as a rookie and is "suspect"?  What games do you watch?  Wilson is far too new as a back up/nickel player in the second rd to be considered not a good pick, too.  Crable was a 3rd rd pick, I believe.

Crable? Certainly scraping for names now aren't we, Babe?

Cunningham is still on the team and emerged last year as an interior player before the bogus Adderall charge.

I'd say BB's 2010 and 2012 draft picks have been good to very good. Chandler Jones hasn't done enough to be "evaluated"? By the end of October, some were comparing him to Jason Pierre Paul.

Pure garbage spin. Just like we always get from you. You are as daft as they come. Learn the game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Curious Babe, how would you define good drafting? 

100% yield, but only with draft picks on D, with kids coming out of college. lol

Babe analyzing BB as a GM isn't a strong suit. Studying Brady's underpants, is.

You and your fellow troll go get a room please. Your mutual display of affection is nauseating the rest of us.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

interesting read:

Point out specifically the "veracity" of the article troll. I know you hate that word. LMAO@U

Babe - LOL!!  I didn't write the article.  Take your issue up with Schrager.  Seems to me he laid out a pretty compelling argument.  Do you have any facts to discredit his theory?  If so, please step into the batters box and share it the rest of us. 

This is you vs. Schrager.  Schrager's not around, so you are going to have to carry the burden, or can we simply expect another harrumph to go along with more non-specific spin from you?

Come on babe - put yourself out there.  The bachelor wants to hear you tell him that you love him before he gives you a rose.  Do you have a compelling argument contrary to Schrager's article or are you just blustering? 

Oh - and nice "non-answer" on what you define as good drafting.  Par for the course, unfortunately.  LOL!!!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Next question - how does this signing affect Mallet's trade value?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Next question - how does this signing affect Mallet's trade value?

mallets value is already up because of the weak qb draft class so he should be trade bait

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Underdog that article you posted is factually incorrect.  The contract is not fully guaranteed.  Brady was only given 3 million in additional guaranteed money on top of what he was already slated to make in 2013 and 2014.  The 24 million on the back end (base salary in 2015-2017) is only guaranteed if he gets injured.  If they cut him because he sucks then he doesn't get any of it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4740303/details-of-tom-bradys-new-deal

Brady basically took 3 million in additional guaranteed money and injury protection.  Considering what Manning was given coming off injury at a similar age Brady could have gotten a lot more.  Don't kid yourself.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Underdog that article you posted is factually incorrect.  The contract is not fully guaranteed.  Brady was only given 3 million in additional guaranteed money on top of what he was already slated to make in 2013 and 2014.  The 24 million on the back end (base salary in 2015-2017) is only guaranteed if he gets injured.  If they cut him because he sucks then he doesn't get any of it.

Brady basically took 3 million in additional guaranteed money and injury protection.  Considering what Manning was given coming off injury at a similar age Brady could have gotten a lot more.  Don't kid yourself.

Wrong - what Schrader reported is what he said was being reported.  He did not state them as fact.  I am not sure we can absolutely take the article you cite as fact, but for the sake of discussion lets say it is. 

Based on your article, I think Brady made out and here's why:

1.  I does not appear that any of Brady's current/old contract is guaranteed for the next 2 years which was to pay him 9.75 for each year (19.5 mill total).  Thus suggesting that there is only 3 million more in guarantees, I think, is wrong.

2.  Brady will now make (fully guaranteed) 11 and 17 million in 2013 and 14 respectively (assuming the league year ends 2/14).  Brady just increased his pay over the next 2 years (what was left on his old contract) by 44% and got it all guaranteed.  Plus, if something happens to Brady in the next two years or after he'll get that 24 million for doing nothing.   

Sections
Shortcuts