Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Brady will retire a Patriot!!!

In response to nomadfan's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Brady may still be traded by the Pats prior to 2017 if his level of play dropped and the Pats do not want to continue to pay him at the level agreed to now.  So Brady retiring as a Patroit is not guaranteed, given the Pats have never shown a lot of sentimentality in their business dealings in the past.

I hope you are right. Brady's hit on the cap will be $15 millions in 2017 when he is 40 years old. Joe Montana retired in a Chief's uniform.

Not so sure Kraft would apply his usual business philosophy to his HOf, face of the franchise, greatest player in the history of the game. There's more to it than sentimentality.

The Niners had Young. Apples and oranges.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I will say this, the Pats are very fortunate to have Mrs. Brady bringing home the bacon in that family.  Free's up Tom's ability to help the team.  Good for them.

So the fact he signed a below market extension before he was married kind of throws a bit of a wrench in that argument.  We are talking about a guy who has made millions playing and from endorsements.  I doubt his wife factored into the equation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Brady may still be traded by the Pats prior to 2017 if his level of play dropped and the Pats do not want to continue to pay him at the level agreed to now.  So Brady retiring as a Patriot is not guaranteed, given the Pats have never shown a lot of sentimentality in their business dealings in the past.

That's true, but unlikely at this point. BB would need to hit on some QB stud in the draft that gets developed over the next 3-4 years.

I still don't see it.

This move triggers the end of the Brady or Mallett past 2014 discussions in my book.

It's just good that they really clipped a lot of money from his bloated deal.

His deal wasn't any more bloated than most other QBs dumbkoff.

Don't try and discredit the awesome good turn our greatest player in history just did for our team, miscreant.

It's dummkaupf.  

And yeah, it was pretty awesome of Brady to take a home town discount, AGAIN.  And I bet folding money he told them what he had to have to do it.  My guess is Wes goes nowhere.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

With the obvious concessions Brady made on this deal, you can BET he will have some say into who he throws the ball to.......Any guesses as to who he might want???

Semi concern, but I gotta tell ya, now that he's done this for the betterment of the team, the Mallett to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald idea starts cropping up in my head. And no, I realize that wouldn't be a straight up deal.

Just please dont say you originated that idea. I spent the whole month of January trying to convince people here that Larry should be traded for by any means necessary. Color me un-enthused but if Brady is resigned only to throw to the same targets, nothing is gonna change. Our defense needs to improve but lets be real, they are not turning into the 9ers in the next few years so this offense still needs a # 1 that can make plays when covered and cant be knocked out of games like Wes. If Wes signs a deal to retire here, I think thats a bad move but oh well. Atleast we have Brady here till he is 40 and unlike others I thnk he will be player as his times grows closer and his hunger builds for that next ring. Dont forget about Rich Gannon!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

your not completely understanding the contract.

Brady could have extended for 5/$100 with $40 or $50 guaranteed, and if his play dropped off or he is injured, he would have been cut and only rcvd $40-$50 (the guaranteed portion) of the $100.

This new deal Brady signed guarantees him $75 million, regardless of injury or drop off in performance. And Brady gets the money UPFRONT, doesnt have to wait for it. And it gives the PAts much needed maneuverability. A win for the Pats AND a win for Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

LOL.  If I am the Ravens I tell Flacco "we will give you Tom Brady money".  Take it or leave it.

lmao

This is even better because Flacco will be MORE SO overpaid than it was going to appear, the next 2 seasons in the AFC by comparison. Ozzie Newsome is currently very uncomfortable knowing Brady is better at age 36 than Flacco at age 28, but Flacco will be commanding almost 10 mil more in the next 2 years. lol

I didn't think Brady would restructure, but the extension made it possible. I love it. RKrap exposed again. He came on here telling us Brady couldn't restructure in any way, shape or form, just literally 24 hours ago.

Absolutely priceless. Cannot be made up.

That guy says something and the complete opposite is true. lmao

there you go again, putting words in my mouth. I said Brady could not restructure, he had to be extended. I also offered he would sign for 3 years or 5 years.

Just to be clear, BRADY COULD NOT RESTRUCTURE HIS CONTRACT BECAUSE HE WAS SIGNED ONLY THRU 2014. BRADY HAD TO EXTEND HIS CONTRACT TO PUSH MONEY OUT OF THIS YEAR AND NEXT INTO FUTURE YEARS WHEN THE CAP IS HIGHER. It is so loud and clear you have zero understanding of the cap...you should stop being so offensive and listen and learn. Again, to be 100% clear, YOU HAVE ZERO UNDERSTANDING OF THE CAP. YOUR COMMENTS SPEAK LOUD AND CLEAR ABOUT THIS

To be clear, you are exposed, as there clearly is no such thing as "salary cap h**l"...with out the extension, like I said, the Pats were between a rock and a hard place.

What is left unsaid is that the money is 100% guaranteed (I would also assume insured to some extent) and also mostly paid UPFRONT.  

Dude, you're a liar. You kept interjecting YESTERDAY saying things like "he can't restructure".  I thought you knew something everyone else didn't. Phat Rex then joined your team and was doing the same thing, trolling up a storm in here. Today has been pleasant due to minimal troll work.

Your comments left me sratching my head, I was looking for evidence why he couldn't restrcuture and do an extension on the back end, etc, to the point Prolate and I were going back and forth on it.   I saw no new CBA rules which said you can't restructure off an extension, but you made it seem it was impossible to fix Brady's 2013 and 2014 hits, while doing your JEts pom pom routine that eevryone here is tired of.

Don't come in here and look to save face now, liar. You, Hurl, Pezzy and Phat Rex are incredibly bad liars.

Something had to give here. Brady wisely and very nicely acknowledges to me YET AGAIN, that he doesn't deserver 22 million the next 2 years after some poor postseason play of late and he should be commended, as should BB.

This quickly opens up more options, already better than what they had. Hey, what kind of position are the Jets in? Can you and Phat Rex fill us in?

Dude you need to back and reread the threads, this time you totally misunderstood what he was saying and what he said had to happen did happen...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

LOL.  If I am the Ravens I tell Flacco "we will give you Tom Brady money".  Take it or leave it.

lmao

This is even better because Flacco will be MORE SO overpaid than it was going to appear, the next 2 seasons in the AFC by comparison. Ozzie Newsome is currently very uncomfortable knowing Brady is better at age 36 than Flacco at age 28, but Flacco will be commanding almost 10 mil more in the next 2 years. lol

I didn't think Brady would restructure, but the extension made it possible. I love it. RKrap exposed again. He came on here telling us Brady couldn't restructure in any way, shape or form, just literally 24 hours ago.

Absolutely priceless. Cannot be made up.

That guy says something and the complete opposite is true. lmao

there you go again, putting words in my mouth. I said Brady could not restructure, he had to be extended. I also offered he would sign for 3 years or 5 years.

Just to be clear, BRADY COULD NOT RESTRUCTURE HIS CONTRACT BECAUSE HE WAS SIGNED ONLY THRU 2014. BRADY HAD TO EXTEND HIS CONTRACT TO PUSH MONEY OUT OF THIS YEAR AND NEXT INTO FUTURE YEARS WHEN THE CAP IS HIGHER. It is so loud and clear you have zero understanding of the cap...you should stop being so offensive and listen and learn. Again, to be 100% clear, YOU HAVE ZERO UNDERSTANDING OF THE CAP. YOUR COMMENTS SPEAK LOUD AND CLEAR ABOUT THIS

To be clear, you are exposed, as there clearly is no such thing as "salary cap h**l"...with out the extension, like I said, the Pats were between a rock and a hard place.

What is left unsaid is that the money is 100% guaranteed (I would also assume insured to some extent) and also mostly paid UPFRONT.  

Dude, you're a liar. You kept interjecting YESTERDAY saying things like "he can't restructure".  I thought you knew something everyone else didn't. Phat Rex then joined your team and was doing the same thing, trolling up a storm in here. Today has been pleasant due to minimal troll work.

Your comments left me sratching my head, I was looking for evidence why he couldn't restrcuture and do an extension on the back end, etc, to the point Prolate and I were going back and forth on it.   I saw no new CBA rules which said you can't restructure off an extension, but you made it seem it was impossible to fix Brady's 2013 and 2014 hits, while doing your JEts pom pom routine that eevryone here is tired of.

Don't come in here and look to save face now, liar. You, Hurl, Pezzy and Phat Rex are incredibly bad liars.

Something had to give here. Brady wisely and very nicely acknowledges to me YET AGAIN, that he doesn't deserver 22 million the next 2 years after some poor postseason play of late and he should be commended, as should BB.

This quickly opens up more options, already better than what they had. Hey, what kind of position are the Jets in? Can you and Phat Rex fill us in?

Dude you need to back and reread the threads, this time you totally misunderstood what he was saying and what he said had to happen did happen...

thank you. maybe you can do a better job of explaining to him why he was so wrong on topic, and what I said had to happen exactly happened.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The Niners had Young. Apples and oranges.

We hope there will be a Steve Young in waiting at some point. Brady probably has a no trade clause written in so he can still have some control and not let what happened to Montana happened to him.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I don't want to be the guy that said I saw this coming, but I did say one thing....

If TB wants to keep Welker around, he better restructure his deal to do so.  And he did.

This is fair for everyone, but this move here will solidify why TB is one of the greatest ever aside from his play.  Not only did he want to be the best, he made financial sacrifices for his team.  TB just wants to win, period. 

Have to add unselfish to the list. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

your not completely understanding the contract.

Brady could have extended for 5/$100 with $40 or $50 guaranteed, and if his play dropped off or he is injured, he would have been cut and only rcvd $40-$50 (the guaranteed portion) of the $100.

This new deal Brady signed guarantees him $75 million, regardless of injury or drop off in performance. And Brady gets the money UPFRONT, doesnt have to wait for it. And it gives the PAts much needed maneuverability. A win for the Pats AND a win for Brady.

Where did you find these details?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Good news. now BB neeeds to make sure he has a beefed up o-line and some big WRs with the extra money they gained.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Greatest Football player EVER.  A true leader and TEAM first player.  It brings a tear to my eye how we are blessed to have Tom Brady as our QB.

Thank You Mr. Brady

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to In_BB_We_Trust's comment:

rusty i used to like u because it seemed like u were outcasted here by a lot of people but it looks like u look for arguements with those same people

No. I get attacked by trolls or irrationals and yes, I do like to point out that I was correct after the fact.

Maybe if I didn't get attacked in the first place, I wouldn't to call those loony birds out on the flipside?

Come on, now. RKrap was on here JUST YESTERDAY with Phat Rex roaming in and out of threads telling us there was no way out from the 2013 and 2014 Brady 22 mil cap hit.

I couldn't make up the hilarity and timing of their stupidity if I sat down and brainstormed with Larry David.

He didn't say that at all .  Why do you lie.  He said he would have to extend, which is true and what he is doing.  He is extending and taking a massive pay cut, something that was not expected.

He was saying you can't restructure the 2 remaing years on the contract without a bigger hit in 2014.  He was right and you don't have a clue.

Pretty much Brady made 15 dissapear for 2 years and is taking a huge cut for the 3 yr extention to make it work.

Once again, TB is the reason for this teams success and there's no debating that.

Still you bash him by saying he realizes he is not worth the money???  You're one sick biotch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

The Greatest Football player EVER.  A true leader and TEAM first player.  It brings a tear to my eye how we are blessed to have Tom Brady as our QB.

Thank You Mr. Brady

TB will retire as the greatest ever, and we'll all have witnessed it. A 199th pick becomes the best QB ever, it's the second coming of Johnny U.