Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi

yes.  Talk about a media driven story, wow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Bruschi took what I considered some well-deserved hits in here last week for his outburst over what was essentially nothing, but I think Brady really hits the nail on the head here. Tedy may feel as though he has some special insight into the "Patriot Way" (whatever that is), and I suppose he does,  but the bottom line is that -- as much as he might wish otherwise -- Bruschi ain't no part of it anymore. In fact, he's aligned himself with the enemy, in a manner of speaking, and his job now is to initiate a conflagration (i.e.: a story) where perhaps there might not otherwise be one.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

i like it and have been waiting for him to call out bruschi. other than seeing the highlights espn has become unwatchable. these so called experts giving their analysis on the state of the patriots when they don't have a clue.

i like bruschi but he doesn't play for the 2011 patriots. i thought he went overboard with his criticism of chad. the tweet was more of a complement on how well his teammates executed in that game. he's played for the bengals his whole career.. a selfish player would have voiced his displeasure about not being thrown to.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bruschi is a Patriots legend, very professional guy and always seemed like a good teammate so he has somewhat of a pass talking about the Patriots.  BUT he is starting to let his on the field ego get the better of him off the field and is turning into this mightier then thou media hack.  Tough spot for him to be in when talking about the Pats but there are plenty of ex football announcers that either take the high road or defend their old team at all cost when talking about their former team and people understand.  I think Tedy needs to start taking this approach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Patriot's Way? Don't win anything in many years? Lose the biggest Super Bowl in the history of football? Getting embarassed in two playoff games at home? And, more recently, letting up nearly 800 yards passing in two games. If that's the Patriot's Way, they need a new road.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Bruschi now works for ESPN. Enough said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi:
    [QUOTE]Patriot's Way? Don't win anything in many years? Lose the biggest Super Bowl in the history of football? Getting embarassed in two playoff games at home? And, more recently, letting up nearly 800 yards passing in two games. If that's the Patriot's Way, they need a new road.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting post.

Don't win anything in many years?

They won their division and had the league's best regular season record just last year.

Lost the biggest Super Bowl in the history?

Well, yes, theyd did, but the only reason it was "the biggest Super Bowl in the history of football" was because they went into it undefeated.

Getting Embarassed in two playoff games at home?

"Embarassing" is a relative term, but 20 teams didn't even make the playoffs in each of those years, so . . .

Letting up nearly 800 passing yards in two games?

Both of which they won.

Conclusion: You're spoiled.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I think the fans can take something away from that as well. Its a fact we are not in that locker room. We do not know a thing about what they are doing or who is working hard or any of that. The media is full of it and so are we sometimes. None of us know but we talk like we do. Just saying.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

True but media heads will do what they do: say outlandish things to generate viewers, website links, ad views. Fans will be fanatics.

And that's why Belichick keeps such a tight control over the locker room: to keep the outside noise...outside.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I'm glad Bruschi said what he said and I'm extra glad Brady is proving his allegiance to the guys who take the field with him.  He's taken over the voice of the locker room from guys like Harrison who once lead in that role, and he's doing it better.  The result of this is that Brady and his teammates are stronger and guys like Bruschi and Harrison can be ornery old "this is how it's supposed to be done" types who don't budge from their old school mantras.  Yes, Bruschi might come off as over board but I think he's just protective of the capability he sees with this next era Pats as much as anything else.  He wants them to win.  

We are being treated to a unique form of dialogue that's callusing up this team.  I hope they keep it up.  There is nothing wrong with Teddy Bruschi.  If he feels the need to throw a grenade into that locker room from the outside before one goes off from the inside it works out as a positive.  Why?..  because Brady is BB's first mate.  It's a stronger locker room today than it was a week ago because of it.  And sooner or later someone inside that locker room might have gotten annoyed with the "pray for me" ham up type ocho's world sub-text tweets from before last cuts as they persist throughout the ups and downs of a long season.    

It's all working out.  i'm enjoying this dimension to this season's climb.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi : True but media heads will do what they do: say outlandish things to generate viewers, website links, ad views. Fans will be fanatics. And that's why Belichick keeps such a tight control over the locker room: to keep the outside noise...outside.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Excellent, excellent, point.

And this is why Bruschi takes such a hit for blowing all of this out of proportion. ESPN tries to use Brushchi's "inside knowledge" -- which Brady correctly points out Tedy no longer has -- to foment some commotion where none really exists and the fact that it has kind of backfired on him doesn't really matter to them. We're talking about it, which is all they really want.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Bruschi did his job since people seem to lapping up the story like it's relevant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I am gonna take it one step further and ask you guys to remember back 2 years ago when Tedy was in training camp trying to give it a go for one last year.  As we know he ended up retiring and at the time some we thought that the retirement was a suggestion of Bill because out of respect Bill didnt want to cut/release him.

Now hear me out.  If Tedy didnt want to play, he would have retired before camp right? 

We played the Bengals in preseason that year.  I remember Chad Ocho Cinco catching a ball along the sideline and Tedy was trailing the play, but caught up when Chad had to stop for the ball.  What happened next may explain it all.  Chad gave Tedy a mean stiff arm as he approached and knocked Tedy to the ground, and we all watched as Chad darted off and Tedy was left eating grass with his face down.

All this leads me to believe that while Tedy would have said that about anyone, he took exception to Chad saying it, knowing that Chad may have been the reason or telling sign that his career was over.  He was told to retire and now Tedy is doing t.v and obviously still has some fire in him and may have gone overboard due to Chad now being a Patriot while he does t.v. and Tedy is a bit envious knowing he would never be a guy who was tweeting and cant understand how someone like Chad with his ability would not put everything into it because Tedy was on one knee still trying to compete and failed to make the team. 

anyone buying that?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, Jay, what you're talking about is pride, and you don't make it to the most elite level of your profession -- whatever that profession may be -- without it. But beyond that . . .  is Tedy holding a personal grudge?

Maybe.

I've heard of stranger things.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]Well, Jay , what you're talking about is pride, and you don't make it to the most elite level of your profession -- whatever that profession may be -- without it. But beyond that . . .  is Tedy holding a personal grudge? Maybe. I've heard of stranger things.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I just feel what he said had some merit, but it was his tone that had people up in arms, and his tone suggested to me,  he was a bit bitter over the way he ended his career and now is thinking "how are guys like Chad in that locker room now"  "they need me to set this straight" and Tedy wishes he could still play, I tell you that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Hmm. Are you exposing yourself under this name this week?  Hmm?

King, I have been under the same name (and only this name) for 5 years...You don't make your argument by somehow convincing yourself I am a fan of another team...

Having said that, I don't care about the Jets Way or any other teams "way". My point was they should bury that term "Patriots Way" as it has not produced anything except good records and playoff appearances like MANY other teams. How embarrassing if the Chargers came up with the SD Way? Same with the Patriots Way...embarrassed by it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Wisely Calls Out Bruschi : I just feel what he said had some merit, but it was his tone that had people up in arms, and his tone suggested to me,  he was a bit bitter over the way he ended his career and now is thinking "how are guys like Chad in that locker room now"  "they need me to set this straight" and Tedy wishes he could still play, I tell you that.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't doubt that the spirit is still willing, if the flesh comparatively weak, for Tedy, but my main problem with the whole Tweetergate (or whatever you want to call it) was that lots of guys Twit . . .   just as lots of guys have had relatively slow starts this year. So there's not really any story at all here, but the reason Ocho is singled out is because he was a huge, high-profile guy in Cincinnatti, and the "fantasy" mentality that has taken over the NFL sees him as somehow having "failed" if he's not an instant overnight sensation in New England . . .  despite the fact that the Patriots neither need, nor indeed may even want that from him.

To me, this has ESPN written all over it.

"Brushci, give us some dirt on Ochocinco."

And because Bruschi has whatever relationship he has with the Pats, his perspective is deemed relevant and suddenly, the reaction is more important than the story (which isn't a story at all) and -- Voila! -- ESPN has what it wants, which is a mountain where once was a molehill.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bruschi's criticism was too harsh in my opinion, but he's not that far removed from the team that his opinion won't resonate with #85.  And Brady did what he had to do, which is to downplay the whole thing and say that the "outsiders" don't know the real story.  Bruschi probably knows more than most what the real story is, Brady does what he has to do by sticking up for a current team mate, and Chad Johnson will undoubtedly come along more as the weeks roll on, making this whole story look like an overblown non-story. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts