Brady - Work/Life Balance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Brady - Work/Life Balance

Yes, Brady is changing. Glad he's owning up to his responsibilities to his two children and wife.

Result? Not spending as much time in New England during pre-season workouts.

Considering that the Patriots "live and die" by the passing game - I can't imagine that his time away from his WRs will bode well during the beginning of the season. Why? Timing.  If he's spending less time w/ his new WRs and TEs - I think their timing will be off.  This could cause problems w/ INT/turnovers if the Patriots don't balance their offensive arsenal to include the running game....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance

bubba like the post and agree with you. HOWEVER, who would you rather spend your time with Randy Moss or Gisele?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

At least he is spending time with his family instead of beating women in the offseason. It could be much worse.

I can't fault Brady at all for this. He works his @$$ off during the season and only has a month or two off in the offseason. Him spending time with his young kids is a good thing. He'll get the timing during mandatory training camp and preseason games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

He'll get plenty of practice throwing to receivers during (mandatory) training camp and the preseason. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Right now is 99% weights and running.....training camp is for timing....and he will be at training camp.

No worries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance:
    bubba like the post and agree with you. HOWEVER, who would you rather spend your time with Randy Moss or Gisele?
    Posted by rickrand3

LMAO....ummmm, bridget moynihan?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

It does not matter. His timing with Wes and Moss is fine, his timing with Edelman is fine and he will work on his timing with Holt and Tate in training camp. He had his second best year in his career last year so I am not worried about it.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

All very true and as Vince Lombarde said Family first, Religion second and Football comes third.  This man knew what life was really all about.  So does Tommy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

This is a win-first, 'what have you done for me lately' business but as someone who prides himself on always maintaining the broader perspective, I'd much prefer Brady find and maintain this balance between work and life, especially considering what he's already given to this franchise. You look at his commitment to the game, his support of his teammates, his solid reputation off the field and on it, and his respect for everyone around him. Not to mention, he's never held a gun to the franchise to demand top money knowing it could be better spent elsewhere on the roster.

At the end of the day, when I have kids and I tell them about how precious this team was to me growing up, I'd rather say we won 3 Super Bowls with a great group of guys than say we won 5 with our leader beating women, raping women, getting DUIs, abusing substances, or holding out for more money. There's really no harm in being a husband and father and there should be no exception made for the best QB in the game.

I love Super Bowl wins as much as the next guy but I'd rather have a team led by good men because their impact, in my opinion, branches out much, much, much farther than just football. There's just not enough Tom Brady's out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hess--Jets. Show Hess--Jets's posts

Look at all the apologists!?

Brady is talking about being a leader in the locker room when he's not even in the locker room for goodness sake!

I'm sure there are other NFL QB's with kids working out with their teammates on a daily basis.

Way to be a leader!...Laughable!

And who ever said that Giselle wasn't going to be a distraction???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Look at all the apologists!? Brady is talking about being a leader in the locker room when he's not even in the locker room for goodness sake! I'm sure there are other NFL QB's with kids working out with their teammates on a daily basis. Way to be a leader!...Laughable! And who ever said that Giselle wasn't going to be a distraction???
    Posted by Hess--Jets

I think you should worry a lot more about your boy and not Tom.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Look at all the apologists!? Brady is talking about being a leader in the locker room when he's not even in the locker room for goodness sake! I'm sure there are other NFL QB's with kids working out with their teammates on a daily basis. Way to be a leader!...Laughable! And who ever said that Giselle wasn't going to be a distraction???
    Posted by Hess--Jets

LOL!  PEON is here!

What is funny is the horrid idiot QB that is on the Jests.....He hasn't been working out with his team....and he was horrible last year.....If anyone needs the work it is that DOLT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by Hess--Jets

Somthing is telling me that she isn't:

65.7 %
    4398 Yds
    28 TD
    13 int

Second best season of his career......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

This is something I have said already.  Its good for Brady and the right thing to do.  He needs to be a father and a husband first.  That said, this is a negative for the pats in general. 

M10 points out Brady's stats as an indication of something, I assume positive, but this board is a postseason success only board (its your only defense against Manning's 4 MVPs). 

The last 2 years for the pats have been their least successful in a decade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

We are all thankful that Pay-A-Ton did not procreate.....that would be one UGLY child.....

So based on Undiewearrr, Pay-A-Ton needs to spend more time with his team beacause they have not had much postseason success.....LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

This is something I have said already.  Its good for Brady and the right thing to do.  He needs to be a father and a husband first.  That said, this is a negative for the pats in general.  M10 points out Brady's stats as an indication of something, I assume positive, but this board is a postseason success only board (its your only defense against Manning's 4 MVPs).  The last 2 years for the pats have been their least successful in a decade.
    Posted by underdoggg

yeah....2 years ago, Brady had a really good reason for not being with the team for the whole season....Duh, he blew out his knee in week 1.

I have never measured success based on postseason alone.....regular season means something too....not sure where you got your info from....Like making things up much?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Brady - Work/Life Balance:
    Yes, Brady is changing. Glad he's owning up to his responsibilities to his two children and wife. Result? Not spending as much time in New England during pre-season workouts. Considering that the Patriots "live and die" by the passing game - I can't imagine that his time away from his WRs will bode well during the beginning of the season. Why? Timing.  If he's spending less time w/ his new WRs and TEs - I think their timing will be off.  This could cause problems w/ INT/turnovers if the Patriots don't balance their offensive arsenal to include the running game....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

You can't expect the man to completely give his life over to football 24/365. Especially, as many have pointed out, when he's got a walking wet dream waiting at home every night. 

Training camp gives him plenty of time to get with his receivers, new and old. Meanwhile, the more rest he gets, the better.

Remember, he's middle-aged now, in QB years.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

We are all thankful that Pay-A-Ton did not procreate.....that would be one UGLY child..... So based on Undiewearrr, Pay-A-Ton needs to spend more time with his team beacause they have not had much postseason success.....LOL!
    Posted by m1021us

Well as compared to Brady and the pats this last year, I'd say they had a great deal of postseason success.  LOL! - Or do you not count last season - LOL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : yeah....2 years ago, Brady had a really good reason for not being with the team for the whole season....Duh, he blew out his knee in week 1. I have never measured success based on postseason alone.....regular season means something too....not sure where you got your info from....Like making things up much?
    Posted by m1021us

You need a comprehension course.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We are all thankful that Pay-A-Ton did not procreate.....that would be one UGLY child..... Posted by m1021us

I don't know...

remember him

plus her

produced her

you never know!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

magic and ap together, placed this in the realm of reality~

I recall back during my hiatus on ESPN boards, the one and only AFC East correspondent, Tim Graham, Did an all-comprehensive piece blasting "Mr Wonderful" as some family-man, middle-aged husband (Graham's moniker for Tom Brady), Upon a published Brady pic of him riding on a bicycle with a child seat attached to the back...his kid in tow.  For a select few, Tom Brady being one of them, the need for butchering dogs and raping women as a means of "keeping it real", Is NOT a required front he needs to give...god bless him.  

Honestly though, the world of the ideal sports figure & great father aside, there is a very pragmatic & practical point of contention here, for those making note of how Brady's abscence from training camp, just might be detrimental in terms of him being on the same page as his WRs early in the year...  HERE's My Retort:

Ya see, people like Leon, a Jet's Fan, are lucky in a sense~
      It's been decades and decades since they've had a QB worth his weight in dog cr#p, playing for NY...  So these 2-3 year stint NY Jets QBs, are STILL able to treat their occupation as a somewhat novelty; Not getting bogged down in team or even ever personal glory, These Jets QBs ALWAYS give it their 100% All- for, again, their select 2-3 year stints...  These hard-charging go-getters are never burdened with somehow intermingling the weight and success with the passion and the drive, Because hey, again 2-3 years, and well- they end up s#cking regardless (which is sorta a sad tale). 
          But my point is THIS:  I know that I personally have played seasons where the sheer longevity of sport after sport (Leon can empathicize here)- Have taken its tole on me, almost burning me out.  Personally, and I know this is a crazy notion, Maybe-just maybe, Tom Brady has already proven that he WILL be ready, fresh, & driven as he!! to win and succeed, Come Umm- REAL Training Camp?  And I ain't talkin' about his past accomplishments, I'm talking far more about Brady's proven readiness through the years, every single year...always.

AND lo, RE: Dogg and Peyton Manning~
    See dogg, you're lucky, but YOUR QB, my friend is one of the unique mino.rity- An NFL QB who's BOTH a trully excellent QB, AND a player who has that passion and drive STILL & YET.  And it's not so much, That Peyton Manning isn't accomplished & successful...lol, BUT honestly "individually successful although 'team-wise', a shadow of NE's true success in the 2000's."  But see, NO...It's NOT Manning's massive pitfalls to uphold personal success on par with bringing Indy Championships, That must be the reason Peyton Manning STILL is able to maintain such drive and ambition.  No.  Nope.  Ya see dogg, It's much simplier than that:  Peyton Manning, is one of those extremely fortunate few (who have ever lived), To be so lucky enough to maintained continued drive through attending each and EVERY meaningless mini-mini-camp, BECAUSE Peyton Manning has never himself, insanely despite all his fame and stardom, TO be weighted down with 1 simple thing that many of us take for granted: i.e. non-mutant like looks & personality.  Inotherwords, Manning, and Indy of course, IS the lucky recipients of a star NFL athlete who is so unaccursed by outward appearance & persona, THAT even stardom, fame, & fortunate CanNOT trump his trully atrocious image.  The Result becomes an absolute and utter blessing in the end:  ALL someone like Peyton Manning HAS in his existance IS being an NFL QB...  C'mon, He ain't gonna be on the cover of GQ and IF he gets a supermodel, He's gettin' yesteryears, yesteryear's back-page Club Swank Supermodel (sheez, he's lucky they don't filter out his face and voice in his many numerous Muffler hocking bits they show during the season, man)=1 thing & 1 thing only...More (I should say "ALL"), but More Time for Football!       

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Selfishly, I'd like to see Brady earning the best parking spot like he used to. Realistically, it's easy to understand why he's not there. He's a seasoned veteran. He knows how to prepare for a long NFL season. Don't worry about Tom being ready to play come September 12.

Pre-season workouts are for rookies and new players learning the system.
    Does Brady need the practice? NO!
    Does Brady need to learn the playbook? NO!
    The only thing he needs to work on is his timing.

There is plenty of time for that in regular training camp and pre-season games. This is not a negative situation for the Patriots.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

This is something I have said already.  Its good for Brady and the right thing to do.  He needs to be a father and a husband first.  That said, this is a negative for the pats in general.  M10 points out Brady's stats as an indication of something, I assume positive, but this board is a postseason success only board (its your only defense against Manning's 4 MVPs).  The last 2 years for the pats have been their least successful in a decade.
    Posted by underdoggg

I agree with the first part about priorities. Indeed, teams are measured by their post-season success. Nobody remembers who came in second place :)
    I wouldn't necessarily say they are least successfull - but they sure haven't been stellar in the playoffs this past year (they didn't make playoffs the year before) - and 2007 was one shy of a SB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's not bad for the Pats.  Most of us with families have had to balance work and family to some degree.  As someone who's faced this with the military I can assure you that maximizing your time home with family is the only real option.  I would worry if he found football more important.  That said, these are not OTA's or minicamp, it's just an off season workout program.  Mainly it gives players a monetary incentive for staying in shape, something most stars don't need (because they are already motivated to excel) which is why many skip it.  Many times they can get better conditioning elsewhere because it's more tailored to their needs.

In my experience I've found no link between job performance and being single or married. Single guys often have more time available but don't always use it wisely.  Being a father can also develop good leadership attributes and management skills.  For all we know during Brady's single years he was working out in the morning and staying out all night at the club in the evening.  My point is, a shift in priorities in his personal life can even lead to better results.  

When Brady comes to work he will turn off the family focus and turn on the work focus and his work ethic will show through.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by Hess--Jets

pizz off loser troll.

Sections
Shortcuts