Brady - Work/Life Balance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance:
    In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : Dogg You really need to come to grips with the harsh reality that Manning is the LeBron of football, an overhyped meaningless stat freak that always chokes on the bit when it matters most.  We just witnessed the media obsessing over their annointed "King", but all the hype (media) and help (refs) does not change the fact LeBron is not clutch.  It is the exact same thing with Manning.  He does not deserve four MVPs, you need to lead your team to something meaningful to be valuable and your boy always fails when it matters most.
    Posted by Encinitas

Yep, getting to two superbowls and winning one is hype.  I expect the colts to continue their run at the top of the AFC.  Hopefully they will make and possibly win at least one more superbowl. 

As for his 4 mvp's.  He earned every one of them.  your feelings to the contrary are just jealous fandom.  What it proves is that Manning has always had to do more with less (less being aN average defense).  When the D stepped up, like it did for Brady every time he won something, the colts also won.  When Brady had to try to do it alone - 07; 06 - he got nothing. 

Brady is great, just like Manning, but both have proved that their greatness is limited by the greatness or lack thereof around them. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : Well as compared to Brady and the pats this last year, I'd say they had a great deal of postseason success.  LOL! - Or do you not count last season - LOL!
    Posted by underdoggg

Kind of like the Jets post season last year...last time I checked they didn't win the Super Bowl either did they? and you call that a successful post season for the Jets? Oh yeah, you probably would, seeing that they haven't won a Super Bowl since 1969!!!um that's 41 (forty one) years and counting!!! You dink.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : Yep, getting to two superbowls and winning one is hype.  I expect the colts to continue their run at the top of the AFC.  Hopefully they will make and possibly win at least one more superbowl.  As for his 4 mvp's.  He earned every one of them.  your feelings to the contrary are just jealous fandom.  What it proves is that Manning has always had to do more with less (less being aN average defense).  When the D stepped up, like it did for Brady every time he won something, the colts also won.  When Brady had to try to do it alone - 07; 06 - he got nothing.  Brady is great, just like Manning, but both have proved that their greatness is limited by the greatness or lack thereof around them. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Well didn't the Colts play against a weak offensive Bears team when they won the Super Bowl?

The Colts Defense has been arguably better since the SB win and has not won since....the problem is that their offense is not the same.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : Well didn't the Colts play against a weak offensive Bears team when they won the Super Bowl? The Colts Defense has been arguably better since the SB win and has not won since....the problem is that their offense is not the same.....
    Posted by m1021us

The bears team the colts played in the superbowl were #2 in points scored, #3 in points allowed and 13-3 in the regular season. 

Yes the colts D has been better.  Not great but better.  As others have noted, it is built to keep a lead but has never been like the D's the pats had when they won their SB's.  Those D's were special and will go down in history, IMO.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : The bears team the colts played in the superbowl were #2 in points scored, #3 in points allowed and 13-3 in the regular season.  Yes the colts D has been better.  Not great but better.  As others have noted, it is built to keep a lead but has never been like the D's the pats had when they won their SB's.  Those D's were special and will go down in history, IMO.  
    Posted by underdoggg

would be sweet if our D performed as well as dem SB years.....such a long time ago....lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : The bears team the colts played in the superbowl were #2 in points scored, #3 in points allowed and 13-3 in the regular season.  Yes the colts D has been better.  Not great but better.  As others have noted, it is built to keep a lead but has never been like the D's the pats had when they won their SB's.  Those D's were special and will go down in history, IMO.  
    Posted by underdoggg

Good post here dogg...  Furthering your thoughts RE: Colts Defense- The poster who noted how the Colts D, isn't designed in it's Tampa 2 strategy, To be some ALL-powerful game-changing Defense, WAS correct.  Now, This is NOT to say 1 single bit, That The Colts D isn't or has never been dominant.  This has to do solely with the overall Tampa 2 (or Cover 2 formation) set-up.  It IS, an absolutely IDEAL fit for the Manning led Offensive juggernaut, which ideally (and often) itself, WANTS to get out to that couple score lead in a game, and then hold on for the W.  Ya send those 4 D-Lineman, 1 gap speed rushing the ball, and ya pretty much throw every other LB and secondary player into a coverage bubble zone.  It's containment pure and simple, built on speed, reaction time, gang-tackling to overcompensate on the smaller size of the D players, AND it is an TOTAL complement to a Manning led Offense, whose main function is to score early and often and almost force the other O to keep up quickly by abandoning the run game in order to pass just to keep pace.

Now the Pats D being the original version of the 3-4, Is itself a containment D, but it's a 3-4 Containment D- More versatile and the schemes are far, far more complicated (or can be).  Here's the thing: For EACH of our teams D to be successful, It's success depends VERY much on the type of player used.  A VERY specific type of player is almost always, a neccessity for BOTH of our D's to work well...  Belichick sorta made this mistake in recent years, by concluding that the overall versatility and adaptability of both his D knowledge within his 3-4 Pats Defense, WAS the all-pervading factor which trumped ALWAYS, really- whomever he decided to place in his defense.  I think BB's realizing nowadays that he DID actually have some good players and playmakers on his Superbowl Defense's and that it wasn't JUST an outta this world scheme that did the trick.  Ya, there's not very many 6'5 290lb DEs as is like Richard Seymour, and probably a few less of these guys smart enough to play in a Belichickean system, and just maybe 1 or 2 less-Selfless enough to be 2-gapping multiple O-lineman and giving their ESPN cover stats to the LB, YET are STILL enough of a force to require the 2 O-lineman and make plays themselves, yet...

Even though BOTH systems are based on TEAM play, whether it be Colts guys knowing precisely WHERE someone else's zone coverage bubble ends and them gang-tackling the ball-carrier, OR Pats defenders knowing precisely WHEN and HOW another one of their D teammates is doing some adaptation shift that WILL affect exactly what, where and how the other players do as their jobs on any given specific play, One CANNOT underestimate the overall skills of having a D unit WITH playmakers on it.  The Colts HAVE to get to the passer, and those 4 D-Lineman rushing an offensive line in the Tampa 2 Defense, usually are NOT the beneficiaries of getting extra blitz help, because all the other guys need to be in their coverage zone area...  Guys like Dwight Freeney, who CAN get to the passer withOUT help, ain't a dime a dozen; Likewise, Safeties like Bob Sanders who are small because often small guys have that insane reaction skill fluidity, YET who can pound & perfectly wrap-tackle and take down a ball-carrier themselves because they're IN that big zone island space...well, these fellas ain't a dime a dozen either.  Long-winded point is thus: BOTH our Defense's are based on team-play, YET BOTH our defenses DO suffer when those very few, very specific players that our D's are correct for, get injured, cut, or are overall lacking and without.  BTW, You guys managed a small coup securing in the draft, an UTTERLY perfect Dwight Freeney, speed rushing DE clone and ideal in several other ways for your Tampa 2 Defense, In getting TCU's Jerry Hughes...hate you (lol).      

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by underdoggg

You mean like that 21st ranked defense in 2001?  That great Defense?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Hi Leon,
    Glad to see you've lasted for a while.  How did you like the Jets Draft class this year?  Anyways, to answer your Brady question.  Brady, to my dismay, is not the same anymore.  However, I understand his desire to be with his family.  Besides, if he wasn't you would be calling him a bad dad!  I do wish, however, Brady's family lived a bit closer to Foxboro so he could work out w/ the team.  Regardless, it is the offseason so he can do what he wants as long as he is ready for the season.

So, where is Revis? Not at Jets camp I don't think...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Nobody seems to be able to answer this little query.Perhaps you guys can???Please all Brady apolgists need not reply-Thanks."

Hey...HEY!  Are you tryin' some fancy-smancy NY-Style "Reverse Psychology" technique on us there buddy, or what?  Do you want us to try to explain Brady's abscence, or not...'cause NOW I really feel I want to and NEED to!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Did we lose Peon AGAIN!?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : You mean like that 21st ranked defense in 2001?  That great Defense?
    Posted by m1021us

No, I mean the 6th ranked pats defense in 2001

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In Response to Brady - Work/Life Balance:
    Yes, Brady is changing. Glad he's owning up to his responsibilities to his two children and wife. Result? Not spending as much time in New England during pre-season workouts. Considering that the Patriots "live and die" by the passing game - I can't imagine that his time away from his WRs will bode well during the beginning of the season. Why? Timing.  If he's spending less time w/ his new WRs and TEs - I think their timing will be off.  This could cause problems w/ INT/turnovers if the Patriots don't balance their offensive arsenal to include the running game....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

I don't believe any of this had any effect on Farve last year. Seam to recall he showed up a week before training camp and he did all right for the Vikes last year. Brady will be fine and he already has been working out with one of his receivers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : No, I mean the 6th ranked pats defense in 2001
    Posted by underdoggg

Yes, 6th in points against.....I was thinking about the 24th ranked Yds per game given up.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

The NFL offseason is the longest in professional sports. He gets plenty of downtime. Particularly when your team lays an egg in the 1st round of the playoffs.
    The coaches are at the facility all year round..the players should be as well.
    Working at home/private are not the same as going to work. His workplace is the Patriots facility. You don't need to be there 8 hours a day, but be there a little.
    Don't be gone. We all have to balance work and family. I didn't realize you had to be across  the country to accomplish this. Kiss your wife on the cheek and put in a few days a week, and say you'll be home for dinner. Still have weekends off. Not like the grind of the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tojo. Show tojo's posts

Yea, Brady needs to step up as a leader and be with his team.

Signed, Brett Favre.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : Yes, 6th in points against.....I was thinking about the 24th ranked Yds per game given up.....
    Posted by m1021us

My memory is shot, but I somehow recall that our D used to give up plenty of yards between the 20s, but we had a pretty good red zone defense - and ranked pretty well in pts given up....and our takeaway/giveaway ratio was pretty good (aka, timely takeaways, playmakers when it counted).

Last year, same thing, decent pts. against, gave up some yards between 20s, takeaway/giveaway was decent, but red zone d was aweful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : My memory is shot, but I somehow recall that our D used to give up plenty of yards between the 20s, but we had a pretty good red zone defense - and ranked pretty well in pts given up....and our takeaway/giveaway ratio was pretty good (aka, timely takeaways, playmakers when it counted). Last year, same thing, decent pts. against, gave up some yards between 20s, takeaway/giveaway was decent, but red zone d was aweful.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Yes, the defense was well known for the Bend but don't break method.....the other team killed the time on the clock for us and we stopped them when we needed to.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Brady - Work/Life Balance : My memory is shot, but I somehow recall that our D used to give up plenty of yards between the 20s, but we had a pretty good red zone defense - and ranked pretty well in pts given up....and our takeaway/giveaway ratio was pretty good (aka, timely takeaways, playmakers when it counted). Last year, same thing, decent pts. against, gave up some yards between 20s, takeaway/giveaway was decent, but red zone d was aweful.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

last year the pats were 5th in points allowed, but somehow it didn't translate like it did in the pats glory days.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

last year the pats were 5th in points allowed, but somehow it didn't translate like it did in the pats glory days.
    Posted by underdoggg

This is correct.

Last year the Patriots lost four games when leading after the third quarter compared to losing only one game as such from 2002-08.

Closing out games was a major problem last year. We have had threads dedicated to this very subject. I believe leadership (or lack of) was the reason for this.

The championship teams of old thrived on late game pressure.  Someone always stepped up and made big plays when the game was on the line.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/patriots/2005-01-24-team-concept_x.htm

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Love Brady. If he never completed another pass for this team he would be the best thing that has ever happend to this franchise. However the thing that made him special was his commitment to the team, when Bledsoe was down in his wine cellar sipping on his finest, this guy was turning himself into the most cerebral QB around. I'm afraid that if that is missing from his game he'll just be an outstanding QB, rather than the best and with the talent level on this team we need him at the best. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

i am sure Brady does not want to look foolish infront of the men he is grooming to be successfull in life, football or anything else they choose.

if anything his time with his kids should help motivate him as he is not just a role model for citizens he is a role modelfor his children

i personally don't like my children viewing me as a person who has not commited 100%, is not train, unprepaaired, or sloppy

he has more motivatio to be successful now than ever

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

This is correct. Last year the Patriots lost four games when leading after the third quarter compared to losing only one game as such from 2002-08. Closing out games was a major problem last year. We have had threads dedicated to this very subject. I believe leadership (or lack of) was the reason for this. The championship teams of old thrived on late game pressure.  Someone always stepped up and made big plays when the game was on the line. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/patriots/2005-01-24-team-concept_x.htm
    Posted by digger0862

it sure didn't help that we let up more pts. in second half than we scored....

Sections
Shortcuts