Brady.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: Brady.

I don't know if it's age but he certainly didn't play like he used to in the playoffs. No Difference because we won't find anyone better and we had better work on different aspects of our team in the offseason because he won't carry us on his own.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

stinks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryan_rocks. Show ryan_rocks's posts

OVERRATED

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Nah, I just think the Jets did well with different defensive schemes.

This was arguably Tom's best year until this game. No need to overreact.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

He needed the D to make a key stop after the Pats scored to make it 14-11. A 3 and out by the Jets there all the momentum is with the Pats and they probably win. But the D allowed Sanchez to grab it straight back with a very soft TD. Wouldn't have happened if we had an inspirational defensive leader in his prime like Harrison or Polumalua from Steelers or Bruschi,Mcginiest,Rodney in their prime. We haven't replaced those guys and in playoffs is when you need them the most.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Vertigho,

The guy put up one his best seasons ever. I don't think age has anything to do with it.

When you throw for almost 4000 yards, 30+ TD's and 4 Int's, went 14-2 in the regular season, I think it is hard to say age is playing mind games with him or getting nervous.

I think the Pats need more play makers on D. Our Defense played well the second half of the year, but I wonder if there was ever a team that made it to the SB with one of the worst ranked defenses. Maybe I'm wrong, but even if it has happened, I don't think it is common.

The SB's of the 2000's had defenses that were top 10 defenses. I really believe that Defense wins championships and when it counted this year, ours just didn't have the experience or the play makers.

I expect next year our defense to be a top 15 D, barring injuries, especially with Bodden back. I think Arrington and Butler really hurt our D this year. They were picked on consistently. Arrington had some decent games, but he isn't a play maker. I think if we can put a dominant pass rusher opposite Cunningham, we will be very very good. Cunningham isn't dominant, but I think he is above average to play opposite a dominant rusher and that will cause his value to rise dramatically.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: Brady.:
    [QUOTE]OVERRATED
    Posted by ryan_rocks[/QUOTE]

I realize you are just coming on here to gloat and cause internet tantrums and all, but you are little twinkled toed c-sucker.

I know that is what you want to hear, and I'll give you the satisfaction one time, but no one on your team has ever one anything meaningful. When your team becomes dominant, come on back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donk3. Show donk3's posts

You can't blame Brady for the fake punt.  You CAN blame him for not making plays when they were there.  He missed plays the whole game.  I thought the Defense played well enough to win, but Brady kept putting them right back on the field after not moving the ball.  When do we point out that Brady hasn't played well in any playoff game since the offensive line took the Super Bowl off against the Giants.  Brady did not play well........I noticed he did not use his tight ends too much.  He seemed determined to go after Revis and crowmartie and forgot about his two good young tight ends.  Did you see when he DID go to them they made yardage.  The Ravens got away with talking crap and now the New Jersey Jets.  I guess if you call him out before the playoff game, he stinks it up.....Is this a pattern developing?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I didn't know it was Tom Brady against the other 22 players on the Jets.  Why are you making it about only Brady??!!  He didn't drop passes, failed to defend the Jets, fumbled the fake punt attempt, gave up big pass plays to the Jets O.  If you are going to dump on Brady all for this ONE game, you are not a true fan.  Yes, be disappointed, but, don't lay it all on Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

You can't put all the blame on Brady for the loss. It was an entire team effort, and that includes the coach. There were some definite head scratchers in this game, and the players didn't get the job done.

0 sacks on Sanchez tonight. Is that Brady's fault?

The fake punt call and the fumble by Chung. Was that Brady's fault?

The O-line giving Brady little time to do anything. Not completely Brady's fault.

The special teams allowing the Jets to start at the 40 almost every kick off. Is that Brady's fault?

The Kick return team getting stuffed behind the 20 almost every return. Brady's fault? I think not.

The defense allowing the Jets to get a TD after Brady puts the game within one score?

I could go on and on...

Brady didn't lose this game. The Patriots lost this game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

I agree very much with Brad34: we just lack playmakers and leaders on the defensive side of the ball.

Merriweather missed several tackles - bad safety tackling is a theme now in these playoffs (Saints, Falcons).  No INTs for a secondary that had a season full of them.  The blown coverage on LT's TD.

Any playoff team is going to be there because of the abiilty to consistently make the expected plays.  But you have to make extraordinary ones in the postseason, and this crop of Pats ... doesn't.

Who is responsible for the roster? BB.  Who is responsible for having the players focused and ready?  BB.  Who is responsible for the game planning? BB. 

The players, though, need to step up and make big plays from time to time.  The Jets did that today; the Patriots did not.

Somehow, Ryan has worked on the psyche of his team to where they did that when needed.  Belichick needs to get those performances from the roster he has created, or step aside for those who can.*

* - I don't mean quit as "HC of the NEP," but he needs coordinators and a true GM to balance him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

The Patriots desperately need a premier pass rusher. They can't put pressure on a QB to save their life!

I wish they would have went after Julius Peppers when he left the Panthers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady. : You can't blame Brady for the fake punt.  You CAN blame him for not making plays when they were there.  He missed plays the whole game.  I thought the Defense played well enough to win, but Brady kept putting them right back on the field after not moving the ball.  When do we point out that Brady hasn't played well in any playoff game since the offensive line took the Super Bowl off against the Giants.  Brady did not play well........I noticed he did not use his tight ends too much.  He seemed determined to go after Revis and crowmartie and forgot about his two good young tight ends.  Did you see when he DID go to them they made yardage.  The Ravens got away with talking crap and now the New Jersey Jets.  I guess if you call him out before the playoff game, he stinks it up.....Is this a pattern developing?
    Posted by donk3[/QUOTE]

When a defense gives up 28 points, you can't say they played well enough to win. How many turnovers did our D generate? 0. Yup, zero. Our D played well at times, especially holding them to a FG attempt after the interception, but they also didn't show up at times when it counted.

I'm not putting it all on the D. I don't think the Pats played great on either side of the ball or on special teams, but giving up 28 points is hardly getting it done.