Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Brady

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

I'll end the debate for y'all.  There's enough blame to go around on this one, but if anyone thinks Brady is absolved, someone needs to inform Tom Brady that there are potential stalkers on this board. 

Brady missed plenty of throws to open receivers. 

If perfection is demanded of others then it should be demanded of Brady as well.  And if Brady is one of the best ever (which he is) then perfection ought to be much less of a stretch for him than the rest. 

Brady was the one who failed to manage the clock at the end of the half.  No one else. 

Brady is responsible for tipped balls at the line of scrimmage. 

My pointing these things out doesn't absolve the defense either.  They couldn't handle Baltimore, but that said, they were less expected to dominate Baltimore's offense than Brady's offense was expected to dominate Baltimore's old defense. 

I've cited this before - I'll do it again.  NE's scoring was down more than 21 pts from the Reg Season while the D gave up only 7 more points than usual.  Telling.

Speaking of stalkers.  LOL

Has any one absolved Brady?  Don't think so.

In fact, most would agree that this particular performance was very peytonesque!!!

Not good.

As far as the D goes, saying they played to expectations is hogwash.  They aren't very good but I seem to remember them shutting out a team recently and keeping teams to under 14.

There 24 pts per game is an average, just as the O's is.  That means some games they might give up zero and some games 48.  Closer to zero would have been better.

The old and slow and injured, ravens D played better than their average.  NO EXCUSES!

Not saying the d played to expectations, but given the reg season numbers of pts scored vs. points given up, the d played much closer to their expectations than the offense. 

NE scored nearly 35 pts per game in the Reg season and gave up 21. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

After reading this board very briefly today, it's not surprising that the elephant in the room continues to remain, with all the Washers scrambling like all hell to continue to ignore the truth.

I wish Talib didn't get hurt.

I wish Chandler Jones didn't sprain his ankle.

I wish Nink didn't have a hip ailment which clearly affected his postseason.

I wish our defense was not the youngest in the NFL.

I wish for all of these things, but none of things have anything to do with how Tom Brady leads this offense. The common denominator is Tom Brady and how he prefers to run an offense.

What I really wish is for Tom Brady to show that he's focused and that he cares in the postseason like he used to.

Who kidnapped Tom Brady?   Why has he been so inaccurate, reckless and almost lazy when it comes to making plays? Why are we seeing 8 yards per carry from Ridley on 1st down and them then ignoring the run after that?

Why, with a 13-7 lead, a defensive battle do we throw away the run game, just itching to go to a one dimensional and predictable shotgun spread?

How many times could he have run for a first down in that game, but he either hesitated, obsessed with trying to throw or telegraphing passes?   Did this offense even show going deep once? Was Hooman or Fells targeted?  Why eliminate a large chunk of your playbook?

Why are we asking these questions year after year, whether with a veteran D, an inexperienced D or a very good young D that was hung out to dry yet again?

Unfortunately, this game summarizes my fears with how we run our offense and what it means for the entire team over 4 qtrs against good defenses. 

And so it goes. Only Brady, as spoiled beyond belief as he's been with personnel here, can change it.

Making excuses for Gronk being out won't cut it. They went 5-1 without him and the only loss came when our own offense turned it over FOUR times in our zone in one half.

You are ridiculously over the top as always.

About the only thing I would say of Brady in this game and against the Ravens in general is that Brady is always uncharacteristically indecisive and hesitant over the middle with Lewis and Reed there. ...but not like you can't at least somewhat understand why.

They could not run in the first qtr at all. Llyod is Avg outside. Branch is useless. If a defense takes away the middle where Wes and Hernandez like to work and Brady is already hesitant to throw there, you don't have great weapons outside the numbers and can't run effectively at that point in time then what are Brady's options. Poor game plan and personell decisions for the correct match ups early on.

If the Ravens go sub and you don't have some TE's and WR's who can block to take advantage of it then you are not helping out your QB at all.

Thats just my opinion. (and yes the blocking comments are just a more accurate way of saying not tough enough)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Effective running game allows for better play action. Just couldn't get the running game going. I always thought that the one team the Pats didn't want to face in the POs was Baltimore. They are familiar with one another, were bitter about last year's loss and they rallied around Lewis. The perfect storm. Been better off going to Denver and had a better shot of advancing to the SB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

How much money did you lose on this game? Be more humble and less humiliating. You're starting to sound like a couple of other bone heads on this forum. Prozac will do though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Yoou are spot on Bro.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Nobody cares about your indie-skewed analysis which wavers between stating the obvious and saying nothing.  Your perspective with ZERO investment in this team unlike people this board is for, has no credibility so shut up and go home to flatsville USA and rub your blue horseshoe

Did your boyfriend turn his back to you last night coolade?  A little venemous this morning aren't you?

sorry, but I don't like trolls.  You didn't answer my point ( like always--- stupid antagonistic short troll replies--- just like jints--- taking up board space.)  your perspective gives you no credibility along with the age old troll question... "Why are you here?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I am sorry coolade, where did you previously ask your question?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

.  Why are you on here with no credibility...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Does everyone here realize that the Ravens basically played Nickel all game so they could play Hernandez with a DB and double him on occasion??  Does anyone remember what we usually do when a team stays in nickel?? We run. We tried to early on and despite Rusty sayin we were getting 8 yards a pop, that is just false. We tried to run on a couple 3rd and 2 and were stuffed!  If you cant run on Nickel, you are screwed because its a passing defense. So not only can they contain the passing game but they can stop your run! Thats a recipe for 13 points. They should have scrapped that reg. game plan early.

Also how many other teams you know call a playaction pass only to pass it horizontially?!??!  Bad game plans and no adjustments to nickel D. We came out with 2 TEs and still couldnt run it! Why is Oh OH mananwee doing playing ahead of Fells! who is great blocker!???>  OH OH was being OWNED on the line and thats why our power run game failed so much for the transition back to smash mouth! lol

This O line NEVER shows up and plays tough in the postseaon, ditto for our backs and WR's and our Defense was a Doormat after the 1st quarter

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

.  Why are you on here with no credibility...

I am invested, and I disagree with the credibility comment, and you never asked me to respond to your point.  If you want something you must ask.  It can't simply be conjured up out of thin air.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I, too, believe the O-line did not play up to their potential in this game.  No, Brady didn't get sacked but he was pressured quite a bit and made to move more than he likes.  And the run game was absolutely not working early on nor was it working consistently throughout the game.  An offense as potent as the Pats ought to be able to convert on 3rd and 2 and ought to be able to punch the ball in while in the red zone more than once.  Is some of  this on Brady?  Absolutely.  Is all of it on him?  Of course not.  To suggest that or that he was the principal reason for the loss is just mistaken in my judgment.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Read Greg Bedard's article about why they lost.  I don't agree with all of our scribes hook, line and sinker, but Bedard has said what I've heard about 3 other national media guys say.  The Pats coudn't run despite the fact that the Ravens were in their nickel defense, and that Gronkowski being hurt killed them when it mattered most against a good team.

No excuses here, you play with who you have healthy, and the Ravens deserved to win.  They got pressure on Brady and were the more physical team.  They owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of ball.  Unlike a lot of people, I understand that you can't have your A game every time you take the field, and the Pats, from coaches on down, did not have their A game.   It's too bad that their flaws are magnified against physical teams like the Ravens.      

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

After reading this board very briefly today, it's not surprising that the elephant in the room continues to remain, with all the Washers scrambling like all hell to continue to ignore the truth.

I wish Talib didn't get hurt.

I wish Chandler Jones didn't sprain his ankle.

I wish Nink didn't have a hip ailment which clearly affected his postseason.

I wish our defense was not the youngest in the NFL.

I wish for all of these things, but none of things have anything to do with how Tom Brady leads this offense. The common denominator is Tom Brady and how he prefers to run an offense.

What I really wish is for Tom Brady to show that he's focused and that he cares in the postseason like he used to.

Who kidnapped Tom Brady?   Why has he been so inaccurate, reckless and almost lazy when it comes to making plays? Why are we seeing 8 yards per carry from Ridley on 1st down and them then ignoring the run after that?

Why, with a 13-7 lead, a defensive battle do we throw away the run game, just itching to go to a one dimensional and predictable shotgun spread?

How many times could he have run for a first down in that game, but he either hesitated, obsessed with trying to throw or telegraphing passes?   Did this offense even show going deep once? Was Hooman or Fells targeted?  Why eliminate a large chunk of your playbook?

Why are we asking these questions year after year, whether with a veteran D, an inexperienced D or a very good young D that was hung out to dry yet again?

Unfortunately, this game summarizes my fears with how we run our offense and what it means for the entire team over 4 qtrs against good defenses. 

And so it goes. Only Brady, as spoiled beyond belief as he's been with personnel here, can change it.

Making excuses for Gronk being out won't cut it. They went 5-1 without him and the only loss came when our own offense turned it over FOUR times in our zone in one half.

You are ridiculously over the top as always.

About the only thing I would say of Brady in this game and against the Ravens in general is that Brady is always uncharacteristically indecisive and hesitant over the middle with Lewis and Reed there. ...but not like you can't at least somewhat understand why.

They could not run in the first qtr at all. Llyod is Avg outside. Branch is useless. If a defense takes away the middle where Wes and Hernandez like to work and Brady is already hesitant to throw there, you don't have great weapons outside the numbers and can't run effectively at that point in time then what are Brady's options. Poor game plan and personell decisions for the correct match ups early on.

If the Ravens go sub and you don't have some TE's and WR's who can block to take advantage of it then you are not helping out your QB at all.

Thats just my opinion. (and yes the blocking comments are just a more accurate way of saying not tough enough)

Sorry, I don't agree. It's not an excuse to pretend that Gronk's importance, while incredibly valuable, is the lone reason why our offense can't score points in the red zone. It's about execution, some of it is playcalling, but it's mostly about execution.

We had a healthier/better O Line than we've had all year, too, certainly healthier than the Week 3 matchup.

Bottom line is, Balt came in with nothing to lose, looking for revenge and NE didn't match that, for whatever reason.   You had a hungrier Baltimore team, which is unacceptable to me.  Again, what happened to Tom Brady?  Why does it appear like he doesn't care as much or have the urgency needed to win close games like that?

13-7, 14-13, even, 21-13, it just wasn't there.

The late season defensive injuries, most notably Talib in the game itself, also clearly hurt. 

We knew we'd be without Gronk, so it's not like it was a surprise. Enough with the insanely old excuses that we've heard for literally 5 years now. 

Do you realize how ignorant you are??  You are basically saying the whole team couldnt match Bmores intensity but only mention Brady as being the problem??  He doensnt Run block which was atrocious. You sayin the O-line was better/healthier somehow excues the fact they S*cked?  They couldnt open holes on 3nd and 2 from the GUN!! Rusty!  Brady only throws the ball , he cannot catch ball too (in my Gisele Voice) and LLoyd and Wes dropped important passes. Mistakes like that get magnified and any momentum shift in games like this are monumental. I though the biggest thing was Brady not calling T/O. I dont believe he could have made a 1st down running past Ngata! Look the replay. Dude is feet away from Brady with 5 yards to go. Brady would be still laying on the grass if he ran. you know Brady is slow right? I mean like the slowest QB in the game type slow.... Special teams were nothing special in terms of returns. Gregory could not cover Pitta! Cole and Arrington did what they usually do. Try hard but wasnt good enough and Talib made on play and checked out and Brady was supposed to overcome all of this??? 

When you admit you are a troll who knows nothing about the game?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Brady wasn't the only problem on offense for crying out loud.  Did he have a good game?  Of course not.  Pretty damn tough to throw consistently well when you've got someone in your face.  And Brady does not design the game plan.  Contribute, yes; design, no.

Rusty, man, you really do know this game but you've had a thing for Brady for as far back as I can remember.  No, he's not infallible and he played poorly in this game but, egad, man, laying all on Brady is mistaken in my opinion.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Rusty, why are you saying the Gronk injury is not an acceptable excuse and in the same breath you make excuses about the injuries on the defensive side?

Sections
Shortcuts