Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Brady

Flacco didn't have to play a "perfect game", there were recievers wide open all over the field...it was like shooting fish in a barrel. He didn't have to scramble, reset his feet, rush into a throw...he had all day, and yet you're right, he wasn't perfect. He had guys WIDE open right after Talib went down and he flat out missed them. They (or Flacco) left points on the board right there. Gifts missed.

Listen Brady played poor. The offense played poor. The play calling was poor. Adjustments were poor. About the only thing I can say went well was the overrall protection and Hernandez I thought tried to play tough. Lloyd gave us what he usually does (an average performance) and the runners were doing ok. We fumbled and I'll tell you it was a great hit, but this guy Ridley does that stupid stupid spin move where his whole body is exposed and he has no idea where the defender is coming from and BOOM!! I've been saying it all year with him - he turns his back to the defenders - and sooner or later he was going to pay.

I'll blame the offense because I've come to expect nothing from the defense. Nothing. We will never win a Super Bowl with the defense the way it is...no way...never will happen.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

You're a moron.   Talib went down, JOnes barely played and I am not sure Nink was healthy after his end of year injury.

Amazing how you make excuses for everybody but Brady. Moron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Why do you think that is?  It's because the passing calls and the execution sucked and they didn't get playaction going.

Did they even try to let Lloyd run deep and target him? No.

So, Brady runs the plays as called...   the execution, as you put it, "sucked".  So what sucked?  Brady's throws, the running plays after Brady handed off the ball to someone else to run or the lack of catches by receivers when the ball was in their hands?  It seems you are placing the execution factor squarely on Brady's shoulders.  Granted, he did not perform like he did in the Texans game, but, I seem to recall in the Texans game the receivers got open and they caught the ball.  So which is it?  Brady or team execution? 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Flacco didn't have to play a "perfect game", there were recievers wide open all over the field...it was like shooting fish in a barrel. He didn't have to scramble, reset his feet, rush into a throw...he had all day, and yet you're right, he wasn't perfect. He had guys WIDE open right after Talib went down and he flat out missed them. They (or Flacco) left points on the board right there. Gifts missed.

Listen Brady played poor. The offense played poor. The play calling was poor. Adjustments were poor. About the only thing I can say went well was the overrall protection and Hernandez I thought tried to play tough. Lloyd gave us what he usually does (an average performance) and the runners were doing ok. We fumbled and I'll tell you it was a great hit, but this guy Ridley does that stupid stupid spin move where his whole body is exposed and he has no idea where the defender is coming from and BOOM!! I've been saying it all year with him - he turns his back to the defenders - and sooner or later he was going to pay.

I'll blame the offense because I've come to expect nothing from the defense. Nothing. We will never win a Super Bowl with the defense the way it is...no way...never will happen.

BINGO!!!  Flacco had receivers wide open all over the field.  We rarely saw Pats receivers so wide open and when they were, they dropped the ball.  Even the Ravens receivers, when a ball was thrown high or wide, made the leaps and stretches to CATCH the ball, which Patriots' receivers FAILED to do.  Brady can only do so much once he passes or hands off the ball.  As a last point, he was ON THE BENCH when the D gave up THREE consecutive TDs to the Ravens in the second half!!!  No excuses for Brady, but, it is not ALL on him!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

Nobody is denying the offense wasn't good but that fumble did matter. at that point they were down 8 and still moving the ball effectively.

Bottom line the offense insability to cash in red zone oppotunities for TD's in the 1st half and the welker drop, Ridley fumble and the uneven and somnetimes poor play by Brady did them in for the 2nd half.

Defensively, the lack of secondary depth caught up to them and was the achilles heel in the 2nd half I hope to never see Cole, Arrington and Gregory in coverage again. Gregory can not cover any TE.

Agreed.  I agree all of it matters. The D didn't rise up and bail out the inpetitude of the offense either, which was disappointing. I think losing Talib hurt and that's why they started throwing. I would have done the same thing.  Cole was on an island and it hurt.

It wasn't good enough on D, but it would have been nice if the offense, for ONCE, in these recent playoffs HELPED the D a little bit.

The one TD to Boldin over McCourty was just a nice play on their part.  Ball thrown at the right point, the right arc, nice catch, etc.

Even down 14-13, our offense just couldn't bear down and put drives together.

No, it would have been nice to see the DEFENSE help the offense for once as they surely needed it.

A batted down pass, a fumble recovery, a pick, a sac or a little pressure to cause a bad throw, tackling, no stupid penalties, no balls flying over there heads for 20 yards or allowing RB's to run free.......... Any thing but allowing 4 td's in 4 RZ attempts would have been just swell.

This is it in a nut shell, and that will be it for the rest of eternity apparently. It's been the story for 8 years now. We will not win a Super Bowl with the defense like it is now...not going to happen. I'm just going to get used to it and enjoy the regular season when we go up against the trash cans from our division - those teams that lay down like dogs in December (because they are out of the playoff picture) that lend us a false sense of security.  

You're a moron.   Talib went down, JOnes barely played and I am not sure Nink was healthy after his end of year injury. That affected the pass rush.  The youngest D in the league is actually a strength of this team, but the better players can't be hurt either.

Meanwhile, NE's offense is as healthy as its been minus Gronk which they went 5-1 without, yet  whenever the D has a serious injury or two, you ignore it.   Whether it be 2007 on D or now, the common denominator on offense hasn't changed and that's #12 with the ball in his hands.

Go look at his last 3 AFC title game TDs and INts. It ain't pretty.  Ain't pretty. 

You also just said NE's D gave up 28 points to Houston, which isn't fair whatsoever. 3 came on a FG on a kick off return to start the game.  What are they supposed to do get an INT, a fumble or force them out of range from the 5 to please you?

Do you even watch these games?

Keep pissing in the wind because the last time I checked how your QB goes, is how your team goes.

I think when you look at how much praise you give our depth and team building concepts, you'll see that YOU are the moron. We have won Super Bowls in the past with some of our best players on defense going  down. This is football...it happens to every team...every year. We are suppossed to be built for depth - that is the brilliance of this thing according to you. One corner and one defensive end (who hadn't done squat in 6 weeks) shouldn't of killed us. If anything it only exposed just how poorly contstructed our defense is/has been over the years. By the way, our "young and inspirational" defense had neither of these players last year. I thought all that playoff experience last year was going to improve this ascending D?? LOL!!! It's Wilfork and a bunch of replaceables.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

BINGO!!!  Flacco had receivers wide open all over the field.  We rarely saw Pats receivers so wide open and when they were, they dropped the ball.

Actually, I am shocked at how bad these receivers are in tough games at getting separation. Without Gronk around they just plain suck against tough defenses.

Has Lloyd gotten daylight between him and a defender even once all year? Every pass to him looks like it has to be perfect to be completed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

BINGO!!!  Flacco had receivers wide open all over the field.  We rarely saw Pats receivers so wide open and when they were, they dropped the ball.

Actually, I am shocked at how bad these receivers are in tough games at getting separation. Without Gronk around they just plain suck against tough defenses.

Has Lloyd gotten daylight between him and a defender even once all year? Every pass to him looks like it has to be perfect to be completed.

Well that's it pretty much. The guy has to be perfect, how do you think he'd do against our defense with Flacco's receivers? When they were showing the replays...guys weren't open and I knew we were cooked. It's not like our defense was going to win a game for us. Game over.

To be honest he could/should of played better - it's just getting old knowing that the margin of error has to be so tiny for this team to win games. It's a sign that we relay on this guy way too much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

What I didn't understand is beginning at some point in the 2nd half of the 2nd qtr, Ridley seemed to be getting 4-6 yards per carry. This continued into the first drive of the 2nd half...then they stopped feeding him the ball. When Baltimore took the 14-13 lead, what do we do? 3 straight passes for a 3 and out (although to be fair, Solder's holding penalty negated a first down conversion).

Why take it out of his hands when he seemed to be getting hot?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

What I didn't understand is beginning at some point in the 2nd half of the 2nd qtr, Ridley seemed to be getting 4-6 yards per carry. This continued into the first drive of the 2nd half...then they stopped feeding him the ball. When Baltimore took the 14-13 lead, what do we do? 3 straight passes for a 3 and out (although to be fair, Solder's holding penalty negated a first down conversion).

I don't know. Maybe they felt like giving him the ball too much would increase the chances Pollard would knock him cold and he would cough up a hairball?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

After reading this board very briefly today, it's not surprising that the elephant in the room continues to remain, with all the Washers scrambling like all hell to continue to ignore the truth.

I wish Talib didn't get hurt.

I wish Chandler Jones didn't sprain his ankle.

I wish Nink didn't have a hip ailment which clearly affected his postseason.

I wish our defense was not the youngest in the NFL.

I wish for all of these things, but none of things have anything to do with how Tom Brady leads this offense. The common denominator is Tom Brady and how he prefers to run an offense.

What I really wish is for Tom Brady to show that he's focused and that he cares in the postseason like he used to.

Who kidnapped Tom Brady?   Why has he been so inaccurate, reckless and almost lazy when it comes to making plays? Why are we seeing 8 yards per carry from Ridley on 1st down and them then ignoring the run after that?

Why, with a 13-7 lead, a defensive battle do we throw away the run game, just itching to go to a one dimensional and predictable shotgun spread?

How many times could he have run for a first down in that game, but he either hesitated, obsessed with trying to throw or telegraphing passes?   Did this offense even show going deep once? Was Hooman or Fells targeted?  Why eliminate a large chunk of your playbook?

Why are we asking these questions year after year, whether with a veteran D, an inexperienced D or a very good young D that was hung out to dry yet again?

Unfortunately, this game summarizes my fears with how we run our offense and what it means for the entire team over 4 qtrs against good defenses. 

And so it goes. Only Brady, as spoiled beyond belief as he's been with personnel here, can change it.

Making excuses for Gronk being out won't cut it. They went 5-1 without him and the only loss came when our own offense turned it over FOUR times in our zone in one half.

Taking this game in isolation. You have a real case here.

I thought the Ravens totally dared him to :

Run for first downs

Target other recievers

Run more Ridley, Bolden , Vareen

..but he stayed in his comfort zone passing short to Welk, Hern and llyod ..leading to stalled drives and no effectiveness in the Red zone.

maybe it was also McD's fault.

As far as overall next season I hope his desire to win in the post season overpowers his need to stay with the familiar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Maybe they took what was given and the ravens brought the LBs forward to protect on the run or McD outsmarted himself.

I was very mad that they didn't even replay the holding call.  The timing was very suspect but maybe it was that bad.  It just they didn't call a hold once on the ravens and there were a few that could have been called.

Second half was just bad luck... Holding that stoped a drive, then welker makes one of his worst drops, Vareen had a drop that could have been caught, then the knockout fumble... second half O just could not get anything going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well that's it pretty much. The guy has to be perfect, how do you think he'd do against our defense with Flacco's receivers? When they were showing the replays...guys weren't open and I knew we were cooked. It's not like our defense was going to win a game for us. Game over.

To be honest he could/should of played better - it's just getting old knowing that the margin of error has to be so tiny for this team to win games. It's a sign that we relay on this guy way too much.

Brady had an 81 passer rating going into the last two desperate catchup drives. Not HOF level but not bad considering the limp dic running game, pass drops and receivers who couldn't get open to save their lives.

This isn't a mystery. The D purely stinks except for the fragile configuration with Talib in there where it is halfway decent. Other than Gronk who just can't manage to be around when you need him most the receivers simply disappear when the going gets tough. BB surrounds himself with welfare recipient yes men instead of seeking the brightest minds available as coordinators.

Like Bruschi says, the team is nothing special and they thrive off Brady's greatness. Then when the going gets tough they wither into sub mediocrity and look to him to perform miracles alone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If Bruschi says the team is nothing special aside from Brady, I'd tend to agree with him. The problem I see is that people just buy the hype - I mean, yeah we have some good players on defense here or there, the problem is they're not anything close to special. Special wins the Super Bowl...good gets you beat somewhere along the way.  

Good is having McCourty in position on Bolden to make a play in the endzone Sunday. Great would of been him being able to reach higher and with more arm strength to tear the ball from him. Good was having Cole be in position on the touchdown and crucial third down he gave up - great would be him being two inches taller and turning for the damn ball. Good was having Vareen run with speed in the flat to catch the ball - great would of been him catching it and running for thirty yards. Great was Rice brushing of two average linebackers on his way to a two yard touchdown run..that was great...we don't have that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Hey sculls... Wondered when you would put forth your take on this game.  Pretty sickening ending to the season... underachieving offense, injuries to key players, turnover battle lost. bad coaching, clock management...  Could have gone for one of those 4th and 7s on the 34 freakn yard line.?  recipe for FAILURE.... 

oh and boldin,rice flacco played good games too.  they attacked pats pass D in second half and hit some plays.  Would be nice to have a boldin type who can go up and compete / catch ball at highest point. 

Game exposed shortcomings of offense with short receivers and lead footed QB....

oh well,  I say go get Tony Gonzalez and ed reed and lets make a run to sb in2014

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to HonkeyTonkman's comment:

Crusto it was kind of Bibilcal,Wes Welkers hands turned to stone,and beside the oline the rest of the offence became made of cheese,and melted.

yes and your defensive backfield covered receivers like they were pillars of salt  : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to HonkeyTonkman's comment:

Crusto it was kind of Bibilcal,Wes Welkers hands turned to stone,and beside the oline the rest of the offence became made of cheese,and melted.

yes and your defensive backfield covered receivers like they were pillars of salt  : )

Hey NY dink troll , why don't you and UnDie go hold hands in cyberspace somewhere else...?  You 2 plus Leon are 3 little dinkie trolls in a pod... Why don't you go ride the Coney island Ferris wheel together with your uncle Sal after he gets out of transgender surgery. he'll be uncle sally now but he's still your favorite.

Otherwise your antagonistic disruptive comments will result in a biblical humiliation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I'll end the debate for y'all.  There's enough blame to go around on this one, but if anyone thinks Brady is absolved, someone needs to inform Tom Brady that there are potential stalkers on this board. 

Brady missed plenty of throws to open receivers. 

If perfection is demanded of others then it should be demanded of Brady as well.  And if Brady is one of the best ever (which he is) then perfection ought to be much less of a stretch for him than the rest. 

Brady was the one who failed to manage the clock at the end of the half.  No one else. 

Brady is responsible for tipped balls at the line of scrimmage. 

My pointing these things out doesn't absolve the defense either.  They couldn't handle Baltimore, but that said, they were less expected to dominate Baltimore's offense than Brady's offense was expected to dominate Baltimore's old defense. 

I've cited this before - I'll do it again.  NE's scoring was down more than 21 pts from the Reg Season while the D gave up only 7 more points than usual.  Telling.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Nobody cares about your indie-skewed analysis which wavers between stating the obvious and saying nothing.  Your perspective with ZERO investment in this team unlike people this board is for, has no credibility so shut up and go home to flatsville USA and rub your blue horseshoe

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I'll end the debate for y'all.  There's enough blame to go around on this one, but if anyone thinks Brady is absolved, someone needs to inform Tom Brady that there are potential stalkers on this board. 

Brady missed plenty of throws to open receivers. 

If perfection is demanded of others then it should be demanded of Brady as well.  And if Brady is one of the best ever (which he is) then perfection ought to be much less of a stretch for him than the rest. 

Brady was the one who failed to manage the clock at the end of the half.  No one else. 

Brady is responsible for tipped balls at the line of scrimmage. 

My pointing these things out doesn't absolve the defense either.  They couldn't handle Baltimore, but that said, they were less expected to dominate Baltimore's offense than Brady's offense was expected to dominate Baltimore's old defense. 

I've cited this before - I'll do it again.  NE's scoring was down more than 21 pts from the Reg Season while the D gave up only 7 more points than usual.  Telling.

Speaking of stalkers.  LOL

Has any one absolved Brady?  Don't think so.

In fact, most would agree that this particular performance was very peytonesque!!!

Not good.

As far as the D goes, saying they played to expectations is hogwash.  They aren't very good but I seem to remember them shutting out a team recently and keeping teams to under 14.

There 24 pts per game is an average, just as the O's is.  That means some games they might give up zero and some games 48.  Closer to zero would have been better.

The old and slow and injured, ravens D played better than their average.  NO EXCUSES!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

TB's accuracy decreases as the distance thrown increases. Which is why the dink and dunk came into prominence to me. He had guys that added more than double yards gained with receiver yacs. They lead the league every year in that category. My 2 sense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

This is how Manning felt when Harrison disappeared in the postseason.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Except for a handful of decent runs,  the Raves  pretty much stuffed the run. 3.8 is very generous if you negate the longer efforts. The team just over all didn't play well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Nobody cares about your indie-skewed analysis which wavers between stating the obvious and saying nothing.  Your perspective with ZERO investment in this team unlike people this board is for, has no credibility so shut up and go home to flatsville USA and rub your blue horseshoe

Did your boyfriend turn his back to you last night coolade?  A little venemous this morning aren't you?

Sections
Shortcuts