Brady

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Brady

Rusty, the O line blocking wasn't fine.  Brady was under near constant pressure.  No sacks but he rarely had an opportunity to set and throw.  There was someone in his face every time he dropped back.  The only guy who in my judgment had a consistently good game on the O line was Ryan Wendell.  Although this rarely matters to me it is apparently an opinion shared by others knowledgeable of the game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

save it,. CJ hadnt had but one sack since returning and Nink was never a real pass rusher! 5 to 6 sacks makes you a pass rusher now!?? Nink was a good regular season performer once he arrived from his slow start but he is a role player and never should be a starting DE and these are the guys YOU count on?? Nink looked pretty healthy to me last week against that Fraudulent Texans team and wasnt it YOU Rusty who kept sayin how old the Ravens D was and how we would run all over them?? What happened? and you call others pink hats?? Take out your Brady Bashing and you are the biggest delusional , pom pom swinging Homer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Run blocking was fine.  It's the lack of play action, no interest in targeting Lloyd deep and getting away from the run that hurt.

Brady's last THREE AFC Title game at home have been bad overall. BAD.

3 INTs vs SD

2 INTs vs Balt

2 INTs vs Balt

54 passing attempts in a game where you were down 14-13 after 3 qtrs? How was that game any different than the Jets debacle in 2010??  It's a mirror image in many ways.

Rusty you are f'ing delusional. IT HAS BEEN POINTED OUT ONE MILLION TIMES THAT WE WERE BALANCED UNTIL WE WENT DOWN 2 SCORES IN THE 4TH QUARTER.  You think we should have kept running down 2 scores in the 4th with a defense that had just given up 3 straight TD drives?  This is situational football 101.  Learn the game.

The last INT came when the game was already over.  The first INT our backs were already well against the wall.  Were they good plays?  No, but they did not have nearly as much effect on the result of the game as you argue.  We had gotten owned up to that point.  Learn the game.

What hurt is that we could not run effectively against nickel defense.  Do you realize how bad it is to average under 4 yards a carry when the opposing defense is in nickel the entire game?  Our TEs got abused as run blockers so no the run blocking was not fine.  Learn the game.

Do you realize that without Gronk we have no receivers that Brady can just throw it up for?  That means that if we cannot run against the nickel there are going to be a lot of plays where they everyone is covered and Brady is going to hold the ball or have to force it into insanely small windows.  THIS IS WHAT WE SAW THE ENTIRE GAME.  Learn the game.

Brady did not play as well as he could have, but to put the offense's lackluster performace all on him is nuts.  Furthermore to go beyond that and argue that he constantly put us in the wrong plays is so f'ing stupid I can't believe you are still arguing this.  Your agenda against Brady goes so deep it is sad.  You are officially the biggest troll on this board when it comes to this issue.  I mean out of all the games to try and spin this is the most ridiculous premise I have ever heard.  Learn the game.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I know the game very well and don't own autographed pink Brady panties. Take away 15 passes in the 4th as they try to come back and what do you have?

Where was Bolden once Ridley went down? Where was the TE use other than Hernandez? Where was playaction? Where was the red zone execution?

Why did they race to get away from being under Center and use almost all shotgun in the 3rd qtr?

How is it Brady's fault that Bolden barely saw the field after his suspension? If you want to play the blame game then blame BB for that one. Its the same thing he did with Ridley last year. Honestly I would have liked to see a Ridley/Bolden platoon earlier in the game similar to what Balt does with Rice and Pierce.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

save it,. CJ hadnt had but one sack since returning and Nink was never a real pass rusher! 5 to 6 sacks makes you a pass rusher now!?? Nink was a good regular season performer once he arrived from his slow start but he is a role player and never should be a starting DE and these are the guys YOU count on?? Nink looked pretty healthy to me last week against that Fraudulent Texans team and wasnt it YOU Rusty who kept sayin how old the Ravens D was and how we would run all over them?? What happened? and you call others pink hats?? Take out your Brady Bashing and you are the biggest delusional , pom pom swinging Homer!

You're a moron. You think BB needs to have All Stars at every position with the youngest D in the league.

That's absolutely moronic. Leave it to you to bash players who give 100% with no ego involved.

Soooo, you deflect my statement and come back with insults...I didnt ask if the player has an Ego. If he likes Pankakes or French toast. Is he republican or democrat. I asked if he was a Pass Rusher!!???? averaging 5 sacks a year???  Thats the problem you CANT see that it doesnt matter how nice a guy is. This is the NFL and YOU need Ballers. Nink should be a part time player. He is NOT a pass Rusher by my defintion. You need more explanation than that?  I didnt say all Positions but when your ONE and ONLY star is a NOSE TACKLE....something is wrong my friend

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Plenty of blame to go around Brady s--t the bed and the defense cannot compensate to overcome Brady's poor play. Losing Talib hurt. Heck even my dad said that and he watches maybe three games a year. Poor DBs get picked on the NFL and this was the case with Cole. The only DB that looked remotely good was Dennard, but he can't cover three guys. More missed tackles than a CFL game. Just a bad game all around especially in the 2nd half.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

hate to say it but he hasn't been a very good playoff qb for a while.  I'd like to see them make a change but know they wont for a few more years, until then we should expect much of the same, some great regular season games followed by another playoff loss

My only post this year: 

I said it this time last year - Brady will never win another SB.  

You are right Rusty, he is not a particularly confident post-season QB.  He can still crush the team everyone expects him to beat.  But he crumbles like a sandcastle in the surf when he faces a top-tier team, especially in the play-offs.

If you are simply content as a fan to watch the Pats make the play-offs year after year, don't change the QB.

If you want this team to win another SB, time to face the facts.  Brady lost his play-off mojo in early 2006 vs. the Broncos.  He panics and resorts to desperation plays, like repeatedly chucking it long to Moss against the Giants, or intentionally grounding last year.  And what was up with that dirty slide? Should have been flagged 15.

BB is solid.  D is solid.  Lot's of toys on O.  But this QB chokes regularly under the bright lights.  And he will be (gulp) 36 next season.  Not a hopeful stat for any QB.

That's it.  I've made my one post for the season.  Happy New Year, y'all.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to chrisakawoody's comment:

hate to say it but he hasn't been a very good playoff qb for a while.  I'd like to see them make a change but know they wont for a few more years, until then we should expect much of the same, some great regular season games followed by another playoff loss

My only post this year: 

You are right Rusty, he is not a particularly confident post-season QB.  He can still crush the team everyone expects him to beat.  But he crumbles like a sandcastle in the surf when he faces a top-tier team, especially in the play-offs.

If you are simply content as a fan to watch the Pats make the play-offs year after year, don't change the QB.

If you want this team to win another SB, time to face the facts.  Brady lost his play-off mojo in early 2006 vs. the Broncos.  He panics and resorts to desperation plays, like repeatedly chucking it long to Moss against the Giants, or intentionally grounding last year.  And what was up with that dirty slide? Should have been flagged 15.

BB is solid.  D is solid.  Lot's of toys on O.  But this QB chokes regularly under the bright lights.  And he will be (gulp) 36 next season.  Not a hopeful stat for any QB.

Sooo, you are saying you knew before the SB started last year that Wes would drop the lombardi. you know what I aint even tripping that you used your ONE special post to bash Brady, Im more so tripping on how you glanced over other issues with BB is Solid and D is Solid. Those 2 things ruined the credibility of your post along with the Welker Drop. Thats 2 years in a row we lost and he had something to do with it but no mention of him So just like Rusty, you must believe Brady runs the team, sais who gets drafted, decides personell,etc so why are we paying BB 5/mill year??? The guy with 30 plus years in the league CANNOT find a way to score in the 20's in Any postseason after scoring 36 game in regular season and the Head MAN deserves NO BLAME for letting This Maniac Brady ruin our chances for 8 YEARS NOW!!! Oh dear god what has happened???  I wonder Why BB hasnt traded that Awful QB yet....  LMAO!  Guys have to crawl from beneath rocks to agree with Rusty!  WOW.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Wow....it's so fundementally simple....perhaps it's why it's not real clear.

The Patriots were the highest scoring offense in the league this year.

The Patriots had an average D this year.

The Patriots live and die by the offense.

Sunday night the Patriots Offense scored 13 points instead of 30.

Sunday night the Patriots Defense played average.

The Patriots Defense played no roll in the Patriots loss Sunday.

The Patriots Offense showed up and pizzed their pants.

If you can't get your head around this then your a fan of the wrong sport.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

The offense was more responsible but the defense also played their part. Completely unacceptable second half defense. Where was the pass rush!!?? The blame game is silly anyway. The Pats win as a TEAM and lose as a TEAM. Also, since when is giving up 21 points in a half average??!! This D has gaping holes all over the field. Remember when they were called the "worst DB's of ALL TIME" by the media. Well, obviously a rediculous quote and Talib covered up the deficiencies nicely but guess what...when he goes down we're right back to Cole and Arrington running around looking stupid. No it wasn't just the offense's fault...not at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to chrisakawoody's comment:

My only post this year: 

I'm going to take offense to this and find it to be generally a rediculous statement. Brady led his team to a lead in the last two Super Bowl losses and the D couldn't seal the deal. That's right...the defense let us down in the end. Yes, the offense also played poorly in those games, most noteably the offensive line but why is it when we really need a stop the D disappears. It was not always this way. Remember the great Willie McGinnest stop on the goal line against the Colts. That is what we're missing now. Lastly, armchair experts, who in the hell do you suggest we replace Brady with. Mike Vick or Alex Smith. Please end these rediclulous silly suggestions before it becomes an unfortunate reality and we're struggling to be a 9-7 each year. Brady built this team and IS this team's ONLY shot at another Superbowl.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

You can't ask an average D to hang tough while your O is on the field pizzing themselves. Sooner of later the D wears down and is overcome.

Patriots lost the game by half time. The should have had 3 TD MINIMUM. Failure to do so allows a team to stay in a game that they have no business being in. You don't knock out a fighter when you have the chance that fighter will end up knocking you out. Football is the same way.

The O pizzed their pants and cried for Momma Sunday night. It's a disservice to football fans to deny it and make excuses. Don't be an enabler.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Four touchdowns on four red zone trips and zero turnovers forced is a below average game for the defense, but I agree that the offense was the main problem this time.

I think Josh McDaniels offense (of which the Bill O'Brien years were an extension) is designed to win regular season games against inferior oppenents. They pile up crazy stats (points and yards), but there is no substance to the offense since 2007 they lose to a team playing essential the style of defense in the playoffs (and struggle with those teams in regular season as well).

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm sorry but I can't lay the blame strictly at the feet of the offense and Tom Brady.  Yes, the O performed poorly but the D gave up 21 points in the second half.  This was absolutely a team loss and any notion that the blame can be placed on any one individual or phase of the game is simply mistaken in my opinion.

Sections
Shortcuts