Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Brady

A case can be made that 2013 is one of Brady's finest seasons. Maybe he doesn't have the outrageous stats he's had in the past but look at what he's had to work with. The season starts with Hernandez in jail, Gronk injured, Branch retired, Lloyd not resigned, Woodhead--his safety valve--- off to San Diego and Welker---his 100 catch a season guy---gone to Denver. Then Edelman is injured as is Vereen as is Amendola. A rookie tight end starts the season poorly and is shipped off to the Jets.

It is absolutely astonishing what TB has accomplished so far. Look at the last 2 games when the Pat's defense has allowed 31 points each and Brady has rallied the team from behind and put up 34 against Denver, a playoff team, and Houston, a team with a lousy record, but a pretty good defense. Oh, and then he beat NO with a last second TD.

Sure he was impatient with the rookies, but that's because the guy demands excellence from everyone on the offense, including himself. Could any other QB in the league have done what Brady has done? I seriously doubt it and that's the reason I think that this season is one of his finest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Brady

Best football player ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Tell that to our resident troll. He says Brady sux on almost every game thread this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Christopher Price@cpriceNFL RT @ DeeepThreat: Tom Brady First half of Season: 56%, 9 TD, 6 INT, 74.9 passer rating Second Half of Season: 70%, 10 TD, 2 INT, 112.4 pass…

about 3 hours ago

Reply Retweet Favorite

Christopher Price@cpriceNFL Over his first 5 games this year, Tom Brady completed 56.6% of his passes. Over last 4 games, he's completed 70%. Up to 61% for year total.

Currently 2nd in points per game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think you're going to find another quarterback in the NFL do what he has done this season, and mind you he is doing this without a running game behind a line that is allowing pressure. Pretty special stuff...might not see something like this guy again.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The one thing that tends to get overlooked is his mental toughness. The guy is always laser focused regardless of the situation or conditions.

The other attribute that gets underplayed is his decison making at the line of scrimmage and then during the play. In the history of modern football there are only a few QB's that have the ability to go through multiple progressions and be as consistent with decision making as he has been.

It is sort of a mjor bummer that he doesn't have the 5 SB wins to solidfy him as the greatest. IMHO based on the contemporaries he is comapred with he is a better QB than both Manning and montanna. Yes Montanna won all of his SB's but I am not sure when you look at the entire package he is better than Brady. It's a shame a couple of plays left Brady and the BB version of the Pats with 3 SB's instead of 5.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Best football player ever

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

gronk clearly makes a huge difference

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

I think he's finally turned the corner and it's because of Gronk.   Gronk can make things easier really for any QB.   But, I am seeing him playing a lot better.  Earlier this season he would have looked at who he was throwing to and looked him off or not even seen a wide open WR.  Not anymore.  

This below fact however means he's really not having his best year. It's similar to 2006, but I think he was a better QB pre 2007 than he is now, so I'd vote 2006 as one of his top years.

2010 was a great one, too. Probably his best since 2006.  I hadn't seen him so locked in since 2006, maybe 2005, after dealt Moss in early 2010.     His 2003 and 2004 seasons are in the discussion.

2007 he was just lucky to unleash the Moss/Welker duo on unsuspecting defenses. Great year, but any elite QB probably would have put up similar.

Christopher Price@cpriceNFL Over his first 5 games this year, Tom Brady completed 56.6% of his passes. 

Ummmmmm.. who were his starters the first 5 games? 

Oh, yeah... a bunch of guys that never played in the nfl before who consistently ran wrong routes and dropped balls and caught 38% of what was thrown to them..  2 back up TE's one rookie, UD TE an injured Amandola (occasionally) and Edelman.  YIIIIIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Freaken miracle worker, holding that crap together.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

I think he's finally turned the corner and it's because of Gronk.   Gronk can make things easier really for any QB.   But, I am seeing him playing a lot better.  Earlier this season he would have looked at who he was throwing to and looked him off or not even seen a wide open WR.  Not anymore.  

This below fact however means he's really not having his best year. It's similar to 2006, but I think he was a better QB pre 2007 than he is now, so I'd vote 2006 as one of his top years.

2010 was a great one, too. Probably his best since 2006.  I hadn't seen him so locked in since 2006, maybe 2005, after dealt Moss in early 2010.     His 2003 and 2004 seasons are in the discussion.

2007 he was just lucky to unleash the Moss/Welker duo on unsuspecting defenses. Great year, but any elite QB probably would have put up similar.

Christopher Price@cpriceNFL Over his first 5 games this year, Tom Brady completed 56.6% of his passes. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah we'll Manning didn't with two HOFers, Moss was on the backside of his career and played with another HOFer in Carter where he never put up the numbers he did here.  So no, many elite QBs have played with more talented WRs and nobody ever did what Brady did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

MVP. 

One of his finest seasons yet. He has almost single handedly played this team into a top3 seed. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

A case can be made that 2013 is one of Brady's finest seasons. Maybe he doesn't have the outrageous stats he's had in the past but look at what he's had to work with. The season starts with Hernandez in jail, Gronk injured, Branch retired, Lloyd not resigned, Woodhead--his safety valve--- off to San Diego and Welker---his 100 catch a season guy---gone to Denver. Then Edelman is injured as is Vereen. A rookie tight end starts the season poorly and is shipped off to the Jets.

It is absolutely astonishing what TB has accomplished so far. Look at the last 2 games when the Pat's defense has allowed 31 points each and Brady has rallied the team from behind and put up 34 against Denver, a playoff team, and Houston, a team with a lousy record, but a pretty good defense. Oh, and then he beat NO with a last second TD.

Sure he was impatient with the rookies, but that's because the guy demands excellence from everyone on the offense, including himself. Could any other QB in the league have done what Brady has done? I seriously doubt it and that's the reason I think that this season is one of his finest.

Tom Brady is a consummate leader. At times earlier this season, he did come accross like a whiner and an impatient baby to the masses with his visible displays of his early treatment of the rook WRs . He doesn't give a damn what he came accross as. He actually sacrificed some of the perfect Tom Brady image by doing so by emphasizing his passion for perfection and put the biggest pressure on them that they ever could have experienced early in the year. "Pressure creates diamonds" as they say and if they could withstand that kind of public flogging on the National scene while absorbing the PATS exotic O-play book, then the TEAM would benefit when it counted most. And we are seeing these kids step up now having grown under the most pressure they could have, the scrutiny of Tom Brady, likely the greatest player that has ever played the game. They are hitting their stride just like many of us here predicted in the beginning when others insited "WE SUCK!" Congrats to those of you who are through and through Patriots fans. He we are again!!! THANKS BB, TB, and Mr. Kraft. You have made us proud, AGAIN! GO PATS!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Brady's stats this year have not been MVP type"...I heard that on ESPN today by Mark Brunell...yep, THAT Mark Brunell who won N_O_T_H_I_N_G in his career...now we know why...LOL...Stats are important when you don't make the playoffs....Brady's stats in wins  compared to losses for a career are the best in NFL history...I think he's the best QB in NFL history, but, of course, I'm a Pats fan so that comes with the territory...I'll not change my mind unless someone new comes along who can win more SB's and clutch games and keep a team in playoff contention every year they play as TB has...he's done enough to satisfy the Pats fanboy in me forever...

That being said he's not prefect by any means...but I'll live with his play...I can handle the shortcomings because in the long run, and when it counts, he's there.

[/QUOTE]

The Mark Brunell who retired after standing behind Mark Sancheese for two years said that about Brady?  I am not sure he would even know what MVP type stats would look like.  I'm not sure he is even qualified to make such a claim.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, but that is completely false. His last 3 AFC title games at home feature 3 TDs, 7 INTs and some brutal play where he wasn't there.

His meltdown in the 4th qtrs of the 2011 title game or SB were awful, man. Come on now.

I want to not be the guy who points this out, but I am not going to lie.  Brady has a TON to prove as our leader this postseason.  A ton.

I hope he channels his poor recent title games and flips it on its head, if we do end up in Denver. I almost welcome it because I think we'll see that 2004esque Brady when the media all pick Denver to win.

[/QUOTE]

how bout that D in both SBs letting the Giants walk down the field on them to score two TD in final minutes of both games. both super bowls were team losses man. each side of the ball had their short comings

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

10-4

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, but that is completely false. His last 3 AFC title games at home feature 3 TDs, 7 INTs and some brutal play where he wasn't there.

His meltdown in the 4th qtrs of the 2011 title game or SB were awful, man. Come on now.

I want to not be the guy who points this out, but I am not going to lie.  Brady has a TON to prove as our leader this postseason.  A ton.

I hope he channels his poor recent title games and flips it on its head, if we do end up in Denver. I almost welcome it because I think we'll see that 2004esque Brady when the media all pick Denver to win.

[/QUOTE]

how bout that D in both SBs letting the Giants walk down the field on them to score two TD in final minutes of both games. both super bowls were team losses man. each side of the ball had their short comings

[/QUOTE]

You need to change that post up a liitle bit joe, that sounds too much like something I would say.  RallyC might accuse me of being you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You need to change that post up a liitle bit joe, that sounds too much like something I would say.  RallyC might accuse me of being you.

[/QUOTE]

oh dang my bad, just my opinon lol im staying out of the Amendola thread just too much going on there haha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Never in the course of human Football events has so much been owed by so many to so few Tom Brady."

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True that Joe but keep in mind that we went into both of those games EXPECTING our offense to be the difference as they were all season long. So when they didn't make THE PLAY when they had a chance it was a the true nail. Yes our D let us down but we knew what our strength was going in...OFFENSE.  Our offense was expected to do it going in while our D was expected to just keep it close. 

Sections
Shortcuts