Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Brady

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, but that is completely false. His last 3 AFC title games at home feature 3 TDs, 7 INTs and some brutal play where he wasn't there.

His meltdown in the 4th qtrs of the 2011 title game or SB were awful, man. Come on now.

I want to not be the guy who points this out, but I am not going to lie.  Brady has a TON to prove as our leader this postseason.  A ton.

I hope he channels his poor recent title games and flips it on its head, if we do end up in Denver. I almost welcome it because I think we'll see that 2004esque Brady when the media all pick Denver to win.

[/QUOTE]

how bout that D in both SBs letting the Giants walk down the field on them to score two TD in final minutes of both games. both super bowls were team losses man. each side of the ball had their short comings

[/QUOTE]

The D let the opponent go "downt the field" on them under 2 minutes of EVERY SB of the BB era, MORON.  Difference? Brady didn't play in subpar fashion in the ones we won. 

Get it?

The offense sucked for us in an easy offensive Goodell era.  Offense wins championships in this era. Offense.

14 or 17 points for a unit that averages over 30 per game is patently unacceptable to logical people.

[/QUOTE]

oh well thanks for the moron comment russ, real nice.

but true point didnt even think back that far. so i guess to win a SB you need the ball last? because that's what it looks like so if we make it we should play to get the ball with 2;30 - 3 mins left i guess

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, but that is completely false. His last 3 AFC title games at home feature 3 TDs, 7 INTs and some brutal play where he wasn't there.

His meltdown in the 4th qtrs of the 2011 title game or SB were awful, man. Come on now.

I want to not be the guy who points this out, but I am not going to lie.  Brady has a TON to prove as our leader this postseason.  A ton.

I hope he channels his poor recent title games and flips it on its head, if we do end up in Denver. I almost welcome it because I think we'll see that 2004esque Brady when the media all pick Denver to win.

[/QUOTE]

how bout that D in both SBs letting the Giants walk down the field on them to score two TD in final minutes of both games. both super bowls were team losses man. each side of the ball had their short comings

[/QUOTE]

True that Joe but keep in mind that we wen tinto both of those games EXPECTING our offense to be the difference as they were all season long. So when they didn't make THE PLAY when they had a chance it was a the true nail. Yes our D let us down but we knew what our strength was going in...OFFENSE.  Our offense was expected to do it going in while our D was expected to just keep it close. 

[/QUOTE]

agree rally, very true both those teams were offense oriented and also the amount of bad luck in both games really made it hard to win as well

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The D let the opponent go "downt the field" on them under 2 minutes of EVERY SB of the BB era, MORON.  Difference? Brady didn't play in subpar fashion in the ones we won. 

Get it?

The offense sucked for us in an easy offensive Goodell era.  Offense wins championships in this era. Offense.

14 or 17 points for a unit that averages over 30 per game is patently unacceptable to logical people.

[/QUOTE]

Not at all illogical if you only play 2/3rds the possessions that you normally play.  Dope!

And the D allowed more than 38 seconds in the final drive in the SB wins and the receivers didn't drop all the passes in the last possession either.

Neither did the D allow scores in 75% of the second half or make the joke of a QB look Montanaesque,.

Hey, they even got turn overs and 3 and outs.  Imagine that!

Worst pass D to ever play in a SB.  FACT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True that Joe but keep in mind that we wen tinto both of those games EXPECTING our offense to be the difference as they were all season long. So when they didn't make THE PLAY when they had a chance it was a the true nail. Yes our D let us down but we knew what our strength was going in...OFFENSE.  Our offense was expected to do it going in while our D was expected to just keep it close. 

[/QUOTE]

agree rally, very true both those teams were offense oriented and also the amount of bad luck in both games really made it hard to win as well

[/QUOTE]

Luck.......the most underrated intangible there ever was. With a little luck, we win both going away. The tough part is knowing that we were so superior offensively and the offense didn't do what they so often did. Yeah our D let us down big time....a little luck woulda helped  since they needed it more than our O. Offense just broke our hearts.....

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Nothing Brady will do in regular season should surprise anyone.  He is superb.

........but we must admit  Brady has been lackluster in the playoffs in last 3-4 years. People kind of forget that everytime he has a great regular season.  The Patriots were dominant in 2010 Reg Season, and  managed to lose to Mark Sanchez at home. Brady looked very intimidated in that game. 

Then we had the AFCCG game in 2011 when he got totally outplayed by Flacco and threw an interception that almost cost the Pats the game if not for the miraculous missed field goal.

The offense didnt show up in the super bowl in 2011.   The Defense stopped the giants on first drive, and  Brady took a boneheaded safety and gave the ball up, that cost the Pats 9 points.   Then came that ridicolous interception that he threw to Blackburn that led to a  field goal..  7 points in all 2nd half, and those came on first possession.  That simply isnt good enough.  I still think the pass to Welker was a bad throw.

Then we had last year when the offense failed to produce anything again against Ravens.

Brady needs to put together a great showing in the playoffs, similar to what Flacco did last year.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Luck.......the most underrated intangible there ever was. With a little luck, we win both going away. The tough part is knowing that we were so superior offensively and the offense didn't do what they so often did. Yeah our D let us down big time....a little luck woulda helped  since they needed it more than our O. Offense just broke our hearts.....

[/QUOTE]

The offense broke our hearts alright. 14 or 17 points ain't winning SBs, that is of course you get helmet catches and pure blind luck like in SB 42.

[/QUOTE]

I AGREE. We relied on our AMAZING OFFENSE while our defense mostly struggled both years and when it mattered most and our Offense had a chance to make THE PLAY they failed. Then we had to live with what our D had done all season long. BE AVERAGE. Offense can't have a let down by not executing typical plays when needed most. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

oh well thanks for the moron comment russ, real nice.

but true point didnt even think back that far. so i guess to win a SB you need the ball last? because that's what it looks like so if we make it we should play to get the ball with 2;30 - 3 mins left i guess

[/QUOTE]

Don't act like a moron. That's literally a comment that TFB12 or Babe would make.

This is the cap era with parity. Blowouts are rare. The simplest mistake can mean the difference between winning and losing.

Our offense in SB 42 BARELY EEKED out 14 points. The highest scoring offense ever had 7 points at half time!  Seven!

In SB 46, they only scored 10 in the first, 7 in the second half. This ain't winning SBs!

In almost every SB of the last decade, the offense has marched down on the D.  Look at last year!  These Ds are completely overmatched in Goodell's era, up against the wall and after 4+ hours of game, halftime antics, etc, the heat in those domes is at an all time high. 

Of course the offense has the advantage!  This isn't 1970. This is a QB era and and offensive era and ours has SUCKED. SUCKED.

We must score more than 20 points in any of our playoff games for a chance to win.

Period.

What planet are people on?  We're the only SB offense to suck donkey balls in the last decade in a SB.  

It's mortifying to see Brady or Pats fans gawk at regular season stats only to lay an egg every postseason.   Don't you have any non Pats friends who give you shittt for his poor playoffs of late?

Serious question. I feel like I am the only one who is being honest about this.

[/QUOTE]

i agree with your point we need to score more points but a freakin stop would be nice once and a while. how bout that D that can force turnovers on the regular? only one in two super bowls thats also not doing their job... look i understand the O didnt step up in primetime but the D want top tier play at the time as well

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

he responded just in time to save the season...  Wilfork, Mayo out but we got gronk back and then vereen. 

In some ways this season is a miracle of the defense carrying the first half and then the offense carrying the second....  (so far...)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Brady threw passes to Welker to win both games.  Welker dropped passes that hit him in the hands, Welker choked, Welker's gone, Welker now loses games for Denver.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

Not at all illogical if you only play 2/3rds the possessions that you normally play.  Dope!

And the D allowed more than 38 seconds in the final drive in the SB wins and the receivers didn't drop all the passes in the last possession either.

Neither did the D allow scores in 75% of the second half or make the joke of a QB look Montanaesque,.

Hey, they even got turn overs and 3 and outs.  Imagine that!

Worst pass D to ever play in a SB.  FACT

[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Worst one I ever saw was the 1989 Broncos.  55 points is a lot of points. Or, the 1994 Chargers.  Yep. Just checked. They were not very good.

I'd say a pass D allowing only 13 points is pretty darn good!

[/QUOTE]

19 fackin points crustyballs!  I told you, that you look pathetic telling that lie over and over.

You don't have to keep proving it.  We already know how ignorant you are.

AS I said, worst pass D to play in a SB,  The gints were the worst pass D to win a SB.  Fact!

Holding an O to 19 points in 8 possessions is the equivalent of 29pts in 12 possessions.

Did you happen to notice what TB did with his second half possessions last few weeks?

Sure would have been nice to have those 12-13 possessions in both SB's.

Too bad the D ate up all the time.  Bah

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The offense broke our hearts alright. 14 or 17 points ain't winning SBs, that is of course you get helmet catches and pure blind luck like in SB 42.

[/QUOTE]

I AGREE. We relied on our AMAZING OFFENSE while our defense mostly struggled both years and when it mattered most and our Offense had a chance to make THE PLAY they failed. Then we had to live with what our D had done all season long. BE AVERAGE. Offense can't have a let down by not executing typical plays when needed most. 

[/QUOTE]

The D did not struggle in 2007 at all. It was a veteran D. Maybe a slower or older D, but that was as loaded a D as any in recent SB history.  

We had a very, very young D off a lockout in 2011, yes.  

Put it this way, I would be THRILLED, THRILLED beyond belief if our D allowed 20 points our less in a title game say vs Denver or a SB vs Seattle.

Thrilled.

If Brady and his tools on offense seriously cannot score 20 or more, that is on the offense.

[/QUOTE]

Its relative. both seasons our Offense was rated #1, in 2007 i believe our d was top 10 but still 1 vs anything shows OFFENSE Dominant. 2011 our D was 31-32 in yards surrendered. No discussion there. The pooint is #1 OFFENSE didn't perform as #1 Offense. Defense played to their normal level and we lost.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True that Joe but keep in mind that we went into both of those games EXPECTING our offense to be the difference as they were all season long. So when they didn't make THE PLAY when they had a chance it was a the true nail. Yes our D let us down but we knew what our strength was going in...OFFENSE.  Our offense was expected to do it going in while our D was expected to just keep it close. 

[/QUOTE]

Which leads to the real problem.  Half a team against a whole team, NEVER works! Yell

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The D did not struggle in 2007 at all. It was a veteran D. Maybe a slower or older D, but that was as loaded a D as any in recent SB history.  

Put it this way, I would be THRILLED, THRILLED beyond belief if our D allowed 20 points our less in a title game say vs Denver or a SB vs Seattle.

Thrilled.

If Brady and his tools on offense seriously cannot score 20 or more, that is on the offense.

[/QUOTE]

Its relative. both seasons our Offense was rated #1, in 2007 i believe our d was top 10 but still 1 vs anything shows OFFENSE Dominant. 2011 our D was 31-32 in yards surrendered. No discussion there. The pooint is #1 OFFENSE didn't perform as #1 Offense. Defense played to their normal level and we lost.

[/QUOTE]

I don't remember any no turn over no 3 and out, five minute per possession games by the D before that game.  THAT IS FAR FROM NORMAL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True that Joe but keep in mind that we went into both of those games EXPECTING our offense to be the difference as they were all season long. So when they didn't make THE PLAY when they had a chance it was a the true nail. Yes our D let us down but we knew what our strength was going in...OFFENSE.  Our offense was expected to do it going in while our D was expected to just keep it close. 

[/QUOTE]

Which leads to the real problem.  Half a team against a whole team, NEVER works! Yell

[/QUOTE]

Based on our team's recent history. that is a fact Pezz.......Maybe with less choke factor this season we can pull it off!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thrilled.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, that amazing 2007 D allowed Eli a 10 minute first possession.  Awesome.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts