In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

I am sorry, but that is completely false. His last 3 AFC title games at home feature 3 TDs, 7 INTs and some brutal play where he wasn't there.

His meltdown in the 4th qtrs of the 2011 title game or SB were awful, man. Come on now.

I want to not be the guy who points this out, but I am not going to lie.  Brady has a TON to prove as our leader this postseason.  A ton.

I hope he channels his poor recent title games and flips it on its head, if we do end up in Denver. I almost welcome it because I think we'll see that 2004esque Brady when the media all pick Denver to win.

how bout that D in both SBs letting the Giants walk down the field on them to score two TD in final minutes of both games. both super bowls were team losses man. each side of the ball had their short comings

True that Joe but keep in mind that we wen tinto both of those games EXPECTING our offense to be the difference as they were all season long. So when they didn't make THE PLAY when they had a chance it was a the true nail. Yes our D let us down but we knew what our strength was going in...OFFENSE.  Our offense was expected to do it going in while our D was expected to just keep it close. 

agree rally, very true both those teams were offense oriented and also the amount of bad luck in both games really made it hard to win as well

Luck.......the most underrated intangible there ever was. With a little luck, we win both going away. The tough part is knowing that we were so superior offensively and the offense didn't do what they so often did. Yeah our D let us down big time....a little luck woulda helped  since they needed it more than our O. Offense just broke our hearts.....

The offense broke our hearts alright. 14 or 17 points ain't winning SBs, that is of course you get helmet catches and pure blind luck like in SB 42.

I AGREE. We relied on our AMAZING OFFENSE while our defense mostly struggled both years and when it mattered most and our Offense had a chance to make THE PLAY they failed. Then we had to live with what our D had done all season long. BE AVERAGE. Offense can't have a let down by not executing typical plays when needed most. 

The D did not struggle in 2007 at all. It was a veteran D. Maybe a slower or older D, but that was as loaded a D as any in recent SB history.  

We had a very, very young D off a lockout in 2011, yes.  

Put it this way, I would be THRILLED, THRILLED beyond belief if our D allowed 20 points our less in a title game say vs Denver or a SB vs Seattle.

Thrilled.

If Brady and his tools on offense seriously cannot score 20 or more, that is on the offense.

Oh yes, that amazing 2007 D allowed Eli a 10 minute first possession.  Awesome.

Did they score?  You seem so fixated on the begging and ends of games and do not care about what happens in the middle. Very odd, Jizzdispenser.

The FACT is that the 10 minute drive to start the game in 42 stole 2 possessions (right off the bat) from the Pats O where they could have scored  They also squandered two more.. 

The 4-5 possessions lost in SB 46 stole 4-5 possessions where the Pats O could have scored. 

Is this too difficult for you?

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Brady

In response to melswitt's comment:

"Brady's stats this year have not been MVP type"...I heard that on ESPN today by Mark Brunell...yep, THAT Mark Brunell who won N_O_T_H_I_N_G in his career...now we know why...LOL...Stats are important when you don't make the playoffs....Brady's stats in wins  compared to losses for a career are the best in NFL history...I think he's the best QB in NFL history, but, of course, I'm a Pats fan so that comes with the territory...I'll not change my mind unless someone new comes along who can win more SB's and clutch games and keep a team in playoff contention every year they play as TB has...he's done enough to satisfy the Pats fanboy in me forever...

That being said he's not prefect by any means...but I'll live with his play...I can handle the shortcomings because in the long run, and when it counts, he's there.

This goes to show you that wins and loses are not as important as stats which is what gives Manning the nod over Brady in so many corners.. his career stats.  He shines in the regular season and win MVP after MVP... come playoffs, well, he looks good in the reflection of his "regular" season MVP trophy, doesn't he?

I am sorry, but that is completely false. His last 3 AFC title games at home feature 3 TDs, 7 INTs and some brutal play where he wasn't there.

His meltdown in the 4th qtrs of the 2011 title game or SB were awful, man. Come on now.

I want to not be the guy who points this out, but I am not going to lie.  Brady has a TON to prove as our leader this postseason.  A ton.

I hope he channels his poor recent title games and flips it on its head, if we do end up in Denver. I almost welcome it because I think we'll see that 2004esque Brady when the media all pick Denver to win.

how bout that D in both SBs letting the Giants walk down the field on them to score two TD in final minutes of both games. both super bowls were team losses man. each side of the ball had their short comings

joe...  Rusty DOESN'T CARE!!  He is laser focused on Brady's shortcomings ALL the time.  Any loss is Brady's fault.  He threw TOO much.  Was TOO focused on one receiver.  Had a "deer in the headlights" look.  Whatever Rusty seems to see and claims he is the only one to see it.  Well, guess what, we all DO see it, but don't focus on the glass half empty like Rusty does.  No player plays perfect games ( or games to Rusty's standards ) week in and week out which is what Rusty's expectation is for Brady.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

True that Joe but keep in mind that we wen tinto both of those games EXPECTING our offense to be the difference as they were all season long. So when they didn't make THE PLAY when they had a chance it was a the true nail. Yes our D let us down but we knew what our strength was going in...OFFENSE.  Our offense was expected to do it going in while our D was expected to just keep it close. 

agree rally, very true both those teams were offense oriented and also the amount of bad luck in both games really made it hard to win as well

Luck.......the most underrated intangible there ever was. With a little luck, we win both going away. The tough part is knowing that we were so superior offensively and the offense didn't do what they so often did. Yeah our D let us down big time....a little luck woulda helped  since they needed it more than our O. Offense just broke our hearts.....

The offense broke our hearts alright. 14 or 17 points ain't winning SBs, that is of course you get helmet catches and pure blind luck like in SB 42.

I AGREE. We relied on our AMAZING OFFENSE while our defense mostly struggled both years and when it mattered most and our Offense had a chance to make THE PLAY they failed. Then we had to live with what our D had done all season long. BE AVERAGE. Offense can't have a let down by not executing typical plays when needed most. 

The D did not struggle in 2007 at all. It was a veteran D. Maybe a slower or older D, but that was as loaded a D as any in recent SB history.  

Put it this way, I would be THRILLED, THRILLED beyond belief if our D allowed 20 points our less in a title game say vs Denver or a SB vs Seattle.

Thrilled.

If Brady and his tools on offense seriously cannot score 20 or more, that is on the offense.

Did they score?  You seem so fixated on the begging and ends of games and do not care about what happens in the middle. Very odd, Jizzdispenser.

The FACT is that the 10 minute drive to start the game in 42 stole 2 possessions (right off the bat) from the Pats O where they could have scored  They also squandered two more.. 

The 4-5 possessions lost in SB 46 stole 4-5 possessions where the Pats O could have scored. 

That has nothing to do with the other drives Brady had access to in that game. Hobbs picked Eli in NY territory, so one cares about the 1st Giants drive.  You act like Brady is personally victimized all the time and is owed 75 drives because he's Brady. You're a joke, Jizzy.

Just give it up.   The offense was brutal and couldn't do anything. Don't force me to post the drive chart.

Go ahead and post a drive chart DHEAD.

We can check out all the hits and sacks, he endured while Eli escapes the grasp with ease and the pick they should have had and the beastly defender who couldn't dislodge a ball from a nobody's helmet ( a guy that never caught a ball again) and Ellis Hobbs in the EZ .

Brady doesn't deserve 75 drives but he does deserve 12 possessions like the whole freaken rest of the NFL that actually has a NFL defense..  D FAIL!

BB FAIL!

•  

SB42 DRive chart for the Pats:

New England Drive Summaries STARTQTRPOSS.YARDPLAYSYARDSRESULT 05:01 1 05:04 NE 44 12 56 Touchdown 11:53 2 02:02 NE 33 3 7 Punt 08:35 2 01:41 NE 30 3 -14 Punt 01:47 2 01:37 NE 11 9 38 Fumble 15:00 3 08:17 NE 21 14 48 Downs 03:04 3 03:12 NE 10 8 45 Punt 11:05 4 01:45 NE 11 4 20 Punt 07:54 4 05:12 NE 20 12 80 Touchdown 00:35 4 00:34 NE 26 4 -10 Downs

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

13 points allowed is not a D Fail at all.  I can see if the D was poor and allowed the Giants Tds, but they didn't.

In fact, and this is a fact, the D outperformed the offense in the postseason in 2011.

Fact. Indisputable.

Our offense was the strong suit and they failed, mostly because Brady was busy tossing 4th qtr, mindnumbingly dumb INTs on 1st downs like he was drunk or didn't care.

ok the offense played bad but the defense couldn't even get one stop when needed. imagine if Pat Chung didnt totally blow his safety coverage and MM didnt catch that pass. brady gets the ball back with time left on the clock and a TD to win the SB. 2001 they did nothing on O all game then stormed downfield to win it. i wouldn't doubt TB atleast would drive us downfield if he was given another chance to score. too bad welker dropped a catchable pass.

•  

Rusty...  just admit it.. the Giants D that night played WAY over their head .. a heck of a lot better than most expected given they gave up 38 points to this very same offense just weeks before.  THAT can happen!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Rusty...  just admit it.. the Giants D that night played WAY over their head .. a heck of a lot better than most expected given they gave up 38 points to this very same offense just weeks before.  THAT can happen!

that is also what happens when a team gets hot and is on a mission. they also had prior game film first hand and two weeks to prepare as well

Rusty also the offense yes was astounding in the 2007 regular season but we DID have a GOOD defense. the core of guys were old but still played very well. they didnt get the job done (cough* Asante Samuel drop cough*) that 2007 was a SB D that didnt do their job either

Thrilled.

That has nothing to do with the other drives Brady had access to in that game. Hobbs picked Eli in NY territory, so one cares about the 1st Giants drive.  You act like Brady is personally victimized all the time and is owed 75 drives because he's Brady. You're a joke, Jizzy.

Just give it up.   The offense was brutal and couldn't do anything. Don't force me to post the drive chart.

We can check out all the hits and sacks, he endured while Eli escapes the grasp with ease and the pick they should have had and the beastly defender who couldn't dislodge a ball from a nobody's helmet ( a guy that never caught a ball again) and Ellis Hobbs in the EZ .

Brady doesn't deserve 75 drives but he does deserve 12 possessions like the whole freaken rest of the NFL that actually has a NFL defense..  D FAIL!

BB FAIL!

13 points allowed is not a D Fail at all.  I can see if the D was poor and allowed the Giants Tds, but they didn't.

In fact, and this is a fact, the D outperformed the offense in the postseason in 2011.

Fact. Indisputable.

Our offense was the strong suit and they failed, mostly because Brady was busy tossing 4th qtr, mindnumbingly dumb INTs on 1st downs like he was drunk or didn't care.

Can we assume since your first statement is an outright frigin lie ( the same one you repeat over and over) that the rest of it is BS, also?  Yes, I think we can.

13 points on D WINS THE GAME, FOOL!  We scored 17 and lost, therefore the 13 points is a lie.

Worst pass D to ever play in a SB  FACT

The D didn't even out perform their pathetic 31st ranked self, never mind anyone else.

No team with a 92.7 DPR has ever won a SB.... NEVER WILL.

Defenses that fail to get picks, fail to get fumble recoveries, fail to get 3 & outs, fail to stop the opposition on their own side of the field, are on the field for 5 minutes a pop robbing the O of valuable possessions, allow the opposing QB a 75% completion % and scoring on 75% of their drives in the second half, ARE the type of defenses that have 92.7 DPRS.

The average SB winning D has a 66 DPR, There have been some in the 40's.

NOT A FREAKEN 92.7.

No team with a freaken 92.7 DPR has ever walked on a SB field for that matter.

There is a reason they got there and it sure as hell wasn't the D.

•  

Rusty also the offense yes was astounding in the 2007 regular season but we DID have a GOOD defense. the core of guys were old but still played very well. they didnt get the job done (cough* Asante Samuel drop cough*) that 2007 was a SB D that didnt do their job either

Yes, the did. 10 points allowed over 58 minutes is beyond doing your job by a D in a playoff game or SB.

10 points?

Our offense could not have helped at all?  They had 7 points at the half! 7!  Mortifying!

So the 10 points the D allowed up until the last drive is great but the 14 the O had during the same time period is mortifying.  Nah, no double standard there... Just crusty's pathetic agenda.

Fact:  D gave up the lead at the end of the game in BOTH SB losses..  Both games were low scoring because of the low possessions because the D could never get off the field.

Deal with it!

BB FAIL

Yes, the did. 10 points allowed over 58 minutes is beyond doing your job by a D in a playoff game or SB.

10 points?

Our offense could not have helped at all?  They had 7 points at the half! 7!  Mortifying!

So the 10 points the D allowed up until the last drive is great but the 14 the O had during the same time period is mortifying.  Nah, no double standard there... Just crusty's pathetic agenda.

Fact:  D gave up the lead at the end of the game in BOTH SB losses..  Both games were low scoring because of the low possessions because the D could never get off the field.

Deal with it!

BB FAIL

+10000

10 points?

Deal with it!

BB FAIL

+10000

Troll.^^

+1 million

we have dissenting opinons therefore that makes me a troll? i thought we were alright russ but guess not. yes, TB and the O played bad, but you cannot sit here and say the D didn't lose the game either. like I said earlier those losses were team losses. Offense played bad and the D could not get a crucial stop, therefore team loss

In response to agcsbill's comment:

joe...  Rusty DOESN'T CARE!!  He is laser focused on Brady's shortcomings ALL the time.  Any loss is Brady's fault.  He threw TOO much.  Was TOO focused on one receiver.  Had a "deer in the headlights" look.  Whatever Rusty seems to see and claims he is the only one to see it.  Well, guess what, we all DO see it, but don't focus on the glass half empty like Rusty does.  No player plays perfect games ( or games to Rusty's standards ) week in and week out which is what Rusty's expectation is for Brady.

Dude, he's had 3 TDs and 7 INTs in his last 3 HOME AFC title games.  His SB work hasn't been much better.

It's incredibly disappointing. If you can't handle that, then too bad.

Don't run around here like a googly eyed fanboy of his babbling that he is the greatest ever and then run away in the postseason when he craps himself again.

I will be the first one on here explaining how proud I am of his play and his work for our team when he deserves it. Fact is, since 2007, he hasn't deserved any positive reviews in the postseason unless your blind, mildy retahded or a gay man in love with him.

That's just a fact.   

I've never said that nor am I a googly eyed "fan boy".  I recognize he may not have played his best games during playoffs, but, I do not have to throw it into the face of every poster on this board at every turn, even when the topic is not about Brady, without regard for the play of the rest of the team.  You come across blaming Brady alone for all the ills of the Pats' failures in the playoffs.  Most here recognize it is a TEAM game and Brady is but one player, albeit, an important one.  But, for Brady to succeed he needs the other 21 players who are on the field to do their jobs well too. You are too unbalanced in your comments about Brady.

Lastly, if Brady weren't the QB of the Pats, would they have had ANY successes in the playoffs at all?  You seem to imply they would have done better.

•  

Only a troll would blame Brady's awful play or decisions on BB. Like BB is supposed to stop time because he should know Brady it about to have another 4th qtr meltdown.

Super.

What a fanbase. Morons.  Absolute morons. The greatest QB ever somehow forgot how he won 3 SBs.

NEWSFLASH!  Don't turn it over or take Safeties when you don't need to!

Only a BBBlicker would not admit that the reason the NE Patriots have had a pitiful D for years is because of poor drafts, failing to replace key players, pitiful FA signings all resulting in more dead money than some countries have per capita, which in turn prevents him from signing better players to help, EVEN with the help of TB, restructuring and saving 8M in cap every other year.

Yup.  It's true.

One routine 3 & out wins that game. Or one of those picks they were so famous for.

Too bad the 31st ranked D couldn't do it. 

A lowly, 26th ranked D might have.  Too bad BB couldn't even have that.

Shame, really.

Thrilled.

BB FAIL!

Fact. Indisputable.

Can we assume since your first statement is an outright frigin lie ( the same one you repeat over and over) that the rest of it is BS, also?  Yes, I think we can.

13 points on D WINS THE GAME, FOOL!  We scored 17 and lost, therefore the 13 points is a lie.

Worst pass D to ever play in a SB  FACT

The D didn't even out perform their pathetic 31st ranked self, never mind anyone else.

No team with a 92.7 DPR has ever won a SB.... NEVER WILL.

Defenses that fail to get picks, fail to get fumble recoveries, fail to get 3 & outs, fail to stop the opposition on their own side of the field, are on the field for 5 minutes a pop robbing the O of valuable possessions, allow the opposing QB a 75% completion % and scoring on 75% of their drives in the second half, ARE the type of defenses that have 92.7 DPRS.

The average SB winning D has a 66 DPR, There have been some in the 40's.

NOT A FREAKEN 92.7.

No team with a freaken 92.7 DPR has ever walked on a SB field for that matter.

There is a reason they got there and it sure as hell wasn't the D.

You are clearly gay for Brady like TFB12 is. Clearly.

No one cares about ratings in a SB. They care about points. Who scores more, who scores less.

Our golden boy QB has SUCKED for over his last 5 postseasons. He carried horrific AFC title games into 2 SBs and just couldn't play well.

What average or subpar QB wins a SB in this era?  Answer?  ONe who is served it up on a platter by the opposing HOF QB who plays WORSE!

Worse!

Brady played WORSE than  Eli Manning in 2 SBs.  Ouch.

Worse!

Whether it was luck in SB 42 for Eli, divine intervention, it doesn't matter...Brady crapped himself in each SB.   14 points, 17 points...no wins SBs annually with that kind of output.

Christ, even tool Kaepernick had a better SB than BRady. Kaepernick!

Brady played a real NFL D and Eli played Dean JR college.  Big difference!

Put Brady against the Pats D and he wins 1000000 out of 1000000.

Take Brady away and this D wins NOTHING.

After 2004, It's only hurt him, other than a few games this year.

Now it's up to him again with possibly a worse than 2011 D. Bummer

• Sections
    Shortcuts