Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Brady

Look, it is the endless and ongoing debate...where is Brady in his career. Like most, I saw every home game from the stadium, and was on the road with the team for 2 games. I also was able to catch every away game on TV, as most every one else did as well. 

I saw the missed passes, the drops, the OL break down in pass pro, and also saw the run game stuffed at the most Inopportune times. I also saw long stretches without argue able pro bowlers Gronk, Hern, Amendola and the Pats best pass catcher out of the back field, Vereen. Dobson and Thompkins were very uneven, no surprise with rookies...

but what I did have the chance to see was the joint practice with Tampa. There was an absolute beast on the field that day, Vincent Jackson. But with out a doubt, the best player on the field was Brady. He was as accurate as I had ever seen him. He made every throw. He utilized the play book which admittedly was at maybe 30% like and Off Cord. Simply put, he was at the top of his game, and I saw zero regression. Zero. 

Physically and mentally, I do believe this guy is still at the top of his game, and if we do start to see any slippage, I believe it will be mentally, as he starts to become frustrated with the talent around him, injuries around him, and his temper and competitiveness get the better of him, making him into a player and team mate he doesn't want to be. 

If this team can grow and take next steps, and stay healthy, I am fully confident Brady can take this team to 2-3 more SB's. Brady is not the question mark in this equation. The balance of the team is. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Re: Brady

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look, it is the endless and ongoing debate...where is Brady in his career. Like most, I saw every home game from the stadium, and was on the road with the team for 2 games. I also was able to catch every away game on TV, as most every one else did as well. 

I saw the missed passes, the drops, the OL break down in pass pro, and also saw the run game stuffed at the most Inopportune times. I also saw long stretches without argue able pro bowlers Gronk, Hern, Amendola and the Pats best pass catcher out of the back field, Vereen. Dobson and Thompkins were very uneven, no surprise with rookies...

but what I did have the chance to see was the joint practice with Tampa. There was an absolute beast on the field that day, Vincent Jackson. But with out a doubt, the best player on the field was Brady. He was as accurate as I had ever seen him. He made every throw. He utilized the play book which admittedly was at maybe 30% like and Off Cord. Simply put, he was at the top of his game, and I saw zero regression. Zero. 

Physically and mentally, I do believe this guy is still at the top of his game, and if we do start to see any slippage, I believe it will be mentally, as he starts to become frustrated with the talent around him, injuries around him, and his temper and competitiveness get the better of him, making him into a player and team mate he doesn't want to be. 

If this team can grow and take next steps, and stay healthy, I am fully confident Brady can take this team to 2-3 more SB's. Brady is not the question mark in this equation. The balance of the team is. 

[/QUOTE]

You seem to have left out those times where Brady didn't throw a perfect pass every time or when when those 300 lb lineman pulled him down when the line was awful and gave no protection.  This is unacceptable.  Brady gets paid too much to make mistakes.  This is why BB drafted a QB so high.  He is fed up with all of the changed plays and execution failures of BB's flawless gameplans.  No team in the history of the NFL has had so much talent only to be squandered by a subpar QB.  He is ruining BB's legacy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You seem to have left out those times where Brady didn't throw a perfect pass every time or when when those 300 lb lineman pulled him down when the line was awful and gave no protection.  This is unacceptable.  Brady gets paid too much to make mistakes.  This is why BB drafted a QB so high.  He is fed up with all of the changed plays and execution failures of BB's flawless gameplans.  No team in the history of the NFL has had so much talent only to be squandered by a subpar QB.  He is ruining BB's legacy.

[/QUOTE]

Your sarcasm is humorous and pointed at the right imbecile.

But what I left unsaid, that you kind of hit the nail on the head, if and when there is slippage, BB would not hesitate to make a change. 

That right there is proof perfection....there has been zero slippage, because if these was, the plug would have been pulled and Mallett would have seen snaps to see where he is at.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just terrible analysis.  You're basing it on a practice session with TB?  There is no gameplanning in practices or preseason games.

I expect Brady to make it look easy in situations like that, vs bad or average Ds in real games and so forth.

It's all up to Brady. Get back under Center more, use your run game, help your OL and be a smarter QB in AFC Title games or SBs.  It's just that simple.    He had TWO golden looks in the last 7 years for SB titles and personally blew it with some other key star players on offense.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about his personal quest to boost his legacy in the history of the game. As a fan, I don't care about that. I just want the guy to not pull the plug on what the entire team battles for all year in these AFC Title games where he's been absolutely putrid for so long now.

His best AFC Title game since 2005 was in Indy in 2006 and he disappeared in that second half, too. Sad.

It's a 4 qtr game. You just don't show up for part of it and expect to win.

So, if he continues on this path of entitlement (yep, I don't care what he says publicly), when his contract runs out, it will time to move on from him.  Great career, one of the all time greats, but wow will he regret the second half of his career. It might the most disappointing second half of an NFL HOF'ers career in history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your sarcasm is humorous and pointed at the right imbecile.

But what I left unsaid, that you kind of hit the nail on the head, if and when there is slippage, BB would not hesitate to make a change. 

That right there is proof perfection....there has been zero slippage, because if these was, the plug would have been pulled and Mallett would have seen snaps to see where he is at.

[/QUOTE]

Your'e the imbecile.  YOu just said you used a scrimmage vs TB without any gameplanning vs the offense as the backdrop of your analysis on Brady.

Meanwhile, he played TB in an actual game and was awful early in the year.

No one cares about your secret scouting missions (LOL) that you try to pass off as some special observations because you're a moron for starters, and second, it has no bearing on the games themselves.

Brady has sucked in AFC Title games since 2007.  He was mediocre in 2006's title game.  

All brutal from Brady.  That's way too many.  It shouldn't take the D to bail him out every time or nothing. Brady has go to step forward.  Only real Pats fans can admit this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Tom Brady and Joe Montana are the two greatest quarterbacks ever to play the game.  We are unbelievably fortunate to have him as a New England patriot.  Just be very thankful you've gotten the route for him this long and hope his career can stretch out another two or three years at least.  I certainly believe that he has at least two years of elite football left in him.  I have not seen any physical drop off whatsoever.  Rusty I'm not even going to argue with you on this one.  You are so set in your ways with your opinion on this topic that it's a waste of breath.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tom Brady and Joe Montana are the two greatest quarterbacks ever to play the game.  We are unbelievably fortunate to have him as a New England patriot.  Just be very thankful you've gotten the route for him this long and hope his career can stretch out another two or three years at least.  I certainly believe that he has at least two years of elite football left in him.  I have not seen any physical drop off whatsoever.  Rusty I'm not even going to argue with you on this one.  You are so set in your ways with your opinion on this topic that it's a waste of breath.  

[/QUOTE]

There is no need to argue about the facts anymore.  His AFC Title games have been abysmal.  I go by facts and what I see.

I agree from a physical standpoint, he looks the same.  I have never seen a QB be given so much praise and then be handed so many excuses for the poor play in the biggest games of the year.

Brady has turned into Dan Marino and quite frankly, I am not a fan of that.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Nobody defies Father time...nobody.

The Brady in 2000, single, no money, pizzed he was dissed as a skinny QB that might make it as a back up....is light years away from the Brady in 2014, Millionaire, married to a Millionaire, 3 kids, 3 SBs, repaired knee....36.....

Can he still lead the Team, of course....is he in a different place now....do Bears sxxt in the woods?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Brady in 2000, single, no money, pizzed he was dissed as a skinny QB that might make it as a back up....is light years away from the Brady in 2014, Millionaire, married to a Millionaire, 3 kids, 3 SBs, repaired knee....36.....

Can he still lead the Team, of course....is he in a different place now....do Bears sxxt in the woods?

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Have I mentioned 2007 changed him already? lol

He says this same stuff every year heading into camp, too, which is what bothers me. It's almost like he wants everyone to know he still cares and works hard. I know he does, but it just doesn't matter if he's crapping himself in January.

The Cures of Giselle is alive and well, unfortunately.  SB 46 proved that. In spades.

Show me, Brady. Show me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I have always believed that the 08 SB and other playoff losses since...were not singular events but a systemic break down of game plans, roster moves, and execution.

Brady has struggled but the team struggled badly, and Coaching was a problem in the big shows.

The 08 SB the extra TE for blocking was left off the GD roster. The Giants brought the house and made the Patriots O line look like HS Kids. No attempt to run, run screens was ever made and JM kept running the same 5-6 calls that he believed in.

The second SB with the Giants was almost a carbon copy of the first and was a classic Coaching error and a violation of fool me once shame on you...fool me twice..same on me. The Pats fell for the same pressure game a second time knowing full well it was coming.

Not on Brady in my book.

Sure I long for the days when I had hair and when Crennel and Weis roamed the sidelines. And yes there is a shouda, woulda, aspect to my post but of the many playoff ills that have affected the Pats since 04 it is an egregious error NOT to include a set of smart, involved, innovative Coordinators. Say what you want, say what you will, the drop off in the way game plans have been handled, especially when things aren't going well, since Crennel and Weis has been very noticeable and I think very much over looked.

IMHO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He says this same stuff every year heading into camp, too, which is what bothers me. It's almost like he wants everyone to know he still cares and works hard. I know he does, but it just doesn't matter if he's crapping himself in January.

The Cures of Giselle is alive and well, unfortunately.  SB 46 proved that. In spades.

Show me, Brady. Show me.

[/QUOTE]

This is the best defense we have had since 2007, they will do their part in January too. Now the OL needs to show up in January (looking at you mankins). Need health from Vereen, Gronk, Amendola

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I understand the commentary from those that felt that Brady did not play well in certain games...

how about some specifics?

is his regression physical? Can he not make every throw? His deep ball has been off, but why is it not off when targeting Gronk? Why has his deep ball been off ever since Moss left? (Hint, look at the deep ball targets)

is his regression mental? Is he following a flawed game plan? Have no confidence in 70% of his pass catchers? Does he feel his OL will let him down? 

Lastly, 95% of us subscribe to "in Bill we trust"....so why hasn't BB seen this supposed regression, and doing something about it? Has the game plan been simplified to compensate for Brady's shortcomings (no, it hasn't). Wasn't Mallett a first round talent. If Brady has been in regression since 2007, why isn't a first round talent allowed to get on the field and see if he is an improvement? 

The answer is very clear, and simple. There has been zero regression. The other shoe however, it is just as clear once there is evidence of regression, BB will make a change. So far he hasn't even given it a thought. If there has been regression since 2007, why?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Show me, Brady. Show me.

[/QUOTE]

This is the best defense we have had since 2007, they will do their part in January too. Now the OL needs to show up in January (looking at you mankins). Need health from Vereen, Gronk, Amendola

[/QUOTE]

Lots of O linemen in camp and that is a good thing. I'm sorry to pick on him but Wendell simply can not be the starting center if the Pats goal is to get Brady's sacks and pressures down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

I understand the commentary from those that felt that Brady did not play well in certain games...

how about some specifics?

is his regression physical? Can he not make every throw? His deep ball has been off, but why is it not off when targeting Gronk? Why has his deep ball been off ever since Moss left? (Hint, look at the deep ball targets)

is his regression mental? Is he following a flawed game plan? Have no confidence in 70% of his pass catchers? Does he feel his OL will let him down? 

Lastly, 95% of us subscribe to "in Bill we trust"....so why hasn't BB seen this supposed regression, and doing something about it? Has the game plan been simplified to compensate for Brady's shortcomings (no, it hasn't). Wasn't Mallett a first round talent. If Brady has been in regression since 2007, why isn't a first round talent allowed to get on the field and see if he is an improvement? 

The answer is very clear, and simple. There has been zero regression. The other shoe however, it is just as clear once there is evidence of regression, BB will make a change. So far he hasn't even given it a thought. If there has been regression since 2007, why?

[/QUOTE]

A wise man knows what he knows...a truly wise man knows what he doesn't know.

With Brady, it has been mental, we have all seen the frustration in his face and we have all seen the acceptance of defeat that was not accepted 10 years ago.

Brady will never say what his feeling are here, with him, with the team, with the O line, with the coaching..anything. He is the consument locker room guy and would NEVER break from that.

His facial features and body language tell a different story.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Lots of O linemen in camp and that is a good thing. I'm sorry to pick on him but Wendell simply can not be the starting center if the Pats goal is to get Brady's sacks and pressures down.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, not a Wendell fan at all. I hope Stork can come in and grab the job from him

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just terrible analysis.  You're basing it on a practice session with TB?  There is no gameplanning in practices or preseason games.

I expect Brady to make it look easy in situations like that, vs bad or average Ds in real games and so forth.

It's all up to Brady. Get back under Center more, use your run game, help your OL and be a smarter QB in AFC Title games or SBs.  It's just that simple.    He had TWO golden looks in the last 7 years for SB titles and personally blew it with some other key star players on offense.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about his personal quest to boost his legacy in the history of the game. As a fan, I don't care about that. I just want the guy to not pull the plug on what the entire team battles for all year in these AFC Title games where he's been absolutely putrid for so long now.

His best AFC Title game since 2005 was in Indy in 2006 and he disappeared in that second half, too. Sad.

It's a 4 qtr game. You just don't show up for part of it and expect to win.

So, if he continues on this path of entitlement (yep, I don't care what he says publicly), when his contract runs out, it will time to move on from him.  Great career, one of the all time greats, but wow will he regret the second half of his career. It might the most disappointing second half of an NFL HOF'ers career in history.

[/QUOTE]

Great analysis.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

On the nine-year Super Bowl-win drought: “It’s hard to win. Thirty-two teams are working hard to try to win it every year, and we’ve been close … 14-2, the Super Bowl in 2011, the AFC Championship Game in 2012 and 2013. You get to those games, and you have to play your best to win, and we haven’t. I haven’t. We had too many opportunities we missed last year in Denver. And then what it comes down to is only one team really had a great season at the end.”

See Rusty he blames himself too.

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the nine-year Super Bowl-win drought: “It’s hard to win. Thirty-two teams are working hard to try to win it every year, and we’ve been close … 14-2, the Super Bowl in 2011, the AFC Championship Game in 2012 and 2013. You get to those games, and you have to play your best to win, and we haven’t. I haven’t. We had too many opportunities we missed last year in Denver. And then what it comes down to is only one team really had a great season at the end.”

See Rusty he blames himself too.

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

I don't know why it takes him months after to do it, though. I want a guy fuming at the podium at his performances vs just sitting down with Michael Silver and Peter King months later with a fresh season on the horizon.  He says a lot of "we" never "I" need to do better.

Willie McGinest just was on America's Game from the 2003 season saying Brady always took it off of him or put it on him to show leadership.  When it was positive, it was always the other players. When negative, he put it on him.

I don't see him doing that much anymore.  He all but blamed Wendell on two fumbled snaps of his earlier last year where he clearly pulled away too soon from the snap.  He said "WE" need to work on that. No Tom. YOU need to focus better and work on it yourself.

I just don't believe he has the same fire.  The title game comes and goes but he's not the one driving the bus, win or lose that title game.  HE needs to be driving the bus. He's the QB. He's the guy just like Manning, Rodgers, Brees or any other elite QB in this league. That's my issue. He can't take on all the accolades all year and then just disappear in that game every year like that.

It would have been a tough win out in Denver, but it's like he was sulking by the end of the 1st qtr down by 7 or whatever it was. We can't have that. The body language alone is brutal. Earlier in the year, showing up the young receivers was also very unprofessional. This all shows up later in the season.  We used to NEVER see things like this. Ever.  And, he's the one missing wide open receivers, not BB, not McD, not Mallett. It's Brady.

Christ, it's been like this in the title game for years and years.  4 or 5 title games in a row where he hasn't shown up for 4 qtrs. It's the truth.

To have a QB that good not do it for so many title games in row, 2 SBs, etc, is unacceptable from my viewpoint.

Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, the all time Boston greats, Wilt Chamberlain, insert name here, didn't just have these massive drop offs for extended periods in the postseason like this. It just didn't happen. Did they win them all? Nope.  Well, Chamberlain did, but Orr or Bird weren't perfect.  But, they never were invisible either.

It's very concerning.  Anyone denying it, is clearly obtuse or delusional.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hope Brady and bb write a book when it's all said and done.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Brady is the quarterback, not the coach and not the GM. I think the poster that said that losing good Coordinators and offensive/defensive coaches has hurt the team more than Brady ever will is right on the mark. 

When we won superbowls and critical games there were few blowouts they were always close and second half adjustments were the norm. Since 2007 with the new assistant coaches it is not the same and BB cannot do all the adjustments himself.

Could Brady play better, yes. Every player can play better even in wins. Broncos last year was the only game I really saw that I can truly say Brady played badly and really could have done more. The two Superbowl loses were more about team not adjusting to other team's game plan. But the truth is those loses were by similar margins to the wins... it came down to one or two critical plays and the team that made them won. Brady was not on D when Samuels missed the interception.

I think Brady showing frustration is a way of leadership and by the time the game came when he blew up, he knew the season was a goner if he does not do that. Sorry, but I hear more "We's" and blaming teammates  from Manning than I do Brady. 

I think Tom showed more confidence back then because he knew those around him were going to make plays and do their job. With all the young guys and lack of skill around him on O and D's that can not stop a pee wee football team on 3rd and long, how confident would you be?

I am glad Brady is our QB and I hope he is for as long as he can be productive. We don't get to the SB or AFCCGS without Tom.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think he played hurt last season - the throwing hand I think was an ongoing problem most of the year - when you can't even high five guys coming off the field, you know it was an issue. Brady is maybe the toughest player I've seen in a long while...the guy plays not only hurt, but injured (and plays well).

The talent around him has dwindled and last year it was poor. When Gronk is out there the talent is on par with what it should be, but we all know how that has gone. Brady is a guy who last year towards the end of the season was throwing to two slot receivers (one injured) and a third down back (who was in and out of the lineup because of injuries)...that's what he had for targets. He had no redzone threat, his starting right tackle was out for the year (again), the interior of his offensive line was decimated (again), his left tackle was playing with a head injury that left him thinking he was on vacation in Aruba and his "starting" runner is a fumble machine. The FACT that he lead this team to the AFC title game is a miracle, it really is. Put him on the Bengals throwing to AJ Green and we are in the Super Bowl.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Show me, Brady. Show me.

[/QUOTE]

Tell me who on our team wins the MVP in Super Bowl 46 if we had won that game? Brady...hands down...no contest...not even close. He was by FAR the best player on our team that day, in fact he may of been the best player on the field. Certainly better than Eli - that guy never was touched in that game by our horrendous D - he never once was pressured to release that ball sooner than he wanted to. And how many difficult throws did Eli have to make? None going against our "coverage". Your "knowledge" of the game is embarrassing to say the least.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady is the quarterback, not the coach and not the GM. I think the poster that said that losing good Coordinators and offensive/defensive coaches has hurt the team more than Brady ever will is right on the mark. 

When we won superbowls and critical games there were few blowouts they were always close and second half adjustments were the norm. Since 2007 with the new assistant coaches it is not the same and BB cannot do all the adjustments himself.

Could Brady play better, yes. Every player can play better even in wins. Broncos last year was the only game I really saw that I can truly say Brady played badly and really could have done more. The two Superbowl loses were more about team not adjusting to other team's game plan. But the truth is those loses were by similar margins to the wins... it came down to one or two critical plays and the team that made them won. Brady was not on D when Samuels missed the interception.

I think Brady showing frustration is a way of leadership and by the time the game came when he blew up, he knew the season was a goner if he does not do that. Sorry, but I hear more "We's" and blaming teammates  from Manning than I do Brady. 

I think Tom showed more confidence back then because he knew those around him were going to make plays and do their job. With all the young guys and lack of skill around him on O and D's that can not stop a pee wee football team on 3rd and long, how confident would you be?

I am glad Brady is our QB and I hope he is for as long as he can be productive. We don't get to the SB or AFCCGS without Tom.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

[/QUOTE]

Bravo!! And I'll add that Brady played far from perfect in the Super Bowl against Philly and Carolina. Against philly he had a drive killing pick as we were marching for a first half score and against Carolina he threw a pick late in the second half that could of lost us that game, but we had better teams back then. Brady had more to work with earlier in his career - and when he made those mistakes - we had a defense that could bail him out. He hasn't had that in a long time. We have had one of the worst ranked defenses in the nfl for the last six years for a reason...it's because they have stunk.