Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Brady

Brady hasn't lost any of his luster. We are lucky to have the best at his position at the most important position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, the all time Boston greats, Wilt Chamberlain, insert name here, didn't just have these massive drop offs for extended periods in the postseason like this. It just didn't happen. Did they win them all? Nope.  Well, Chamberlain did, but Orr or Bird weren't perfect.  But, they never were invisible either.

It's very concerning.  Anyone denying it, is clearly obtuse or delusional.  

[/QUOTE]

Wow.   Chamberlain "won them all"?   Somebody tell Bill Russell.

This is right up there with Curtis Martin didn't catch balls out of the backfield.

So, we've pretty much eliminated Football, Hockey, and Basketball as areas of expertise.   I bet you'll really shine during the World Cup though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, the all time Boston greats, Wilt Chamberlain, insert name here, didn't just have these massive drop offs for extended periods in the postseason like this. It just didn't happen. Did they win them all? Nope.  Well, Chamberlain did, but Orr or Bird weren't perfect.  But, they never were invisible either.

[/QUOTE]

This is right up there with Curtis Martin didn't catch balls out of the backfield.

So, we've pretty much eliminated Football, Hockey, and Basketball as areas of expertise.   I bet you'll really shine during the World Cup though.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously i meant russell.  Curtis martin was not a marhsall faulk or lt catching balls, no.  Not even sure he was larry centers for that matter.

Love your insecurity.  Telling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obviously i meant russell.  Curtis martin was not a marhsall faulk or lt catching balls, no.  Not even sure he was larry centers for that matter.

Love your insecurity.  Telling.

[/QUOTE]

Not even sure he was Larry Centers?? You do realize that Larry Centers has more pass receptions than any back in the history of the nfl, right? Who am I kidding, you have no clue about any of this stuff! Lol! Dig yourself into a little bigger hole, who cares.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about soccer knowledge either...he thinks Pele was overpaid and overrated

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The Russell/Brady comparisons are apt.  I've been fortunate enough to see both play.  Each cared/cares about the only truly relevant stat: winning.  Each was focused to the point of obsession.  Each took their special and unique skills, applied them to their respective games and made those around him better. 

Brady ain't the problem,  Oh, and believe me I've seen Big Bill Russell make his share of mistakes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about soccer knowledge either...he thinks Pele was overpaid and overrated

[/QUOTE]

Lol..pele should have won more world cups. If only he could have scored 10 goals a game, had played goalie and defense too, Brasil would have went undefeated. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look, it is the endless and ongoing debate...where is Brady in his career. Like most, I saw every home game from the stadium, and was on the road with the team for 2 games. I also was able to catch every away game on TV, as most every one else did as well. 

I saw the missed passes, the drops, the OL break down in pass pro, and also saw the run game stuffed at the most Inopportune times. I also saw long stretches without argue able pro bowlers Gronk, Hern, Amendola and the Pats best pass catcher out of the back field, Vereen. Dobson and Thompkins were very uneven, no surprise with rookies...

but what I did have the chance to see was the joint practice with Tampa. There was an absolute beast on the field that day, Vincent Jackson. But with out a doubt, the best player on the field was Brady. He was as accurate as I had ever seen him. He made every throw. He utilized the play book which admittedly was at maybe 30% like and Off Cord. Simply put, he was at the top of his game, and I saw zero regression. Zero. 

Physically and mentally, I do believe this guy is still at the top of his game, and if we do start to see any slippage, I believe it will be mentally, as he starts to become frustrated with the talent around him, injuries around him, and his temper and competitiveness get the better of him, making him into a player and team mate he doesn't want to be. 

If this team can grow and take next steps, and stay healthy, I am fully confident Brady can take this team to 2-3 more SB's. Brady is not the question mark in this equation. The balance of the team is. 

[/QUOTE]

You seem to have left out those times where Brady didn't throw a perfect pass every time or when when those 300 lb lineman pulled him down when the line was awful and gave no protection.  This is unacceptable.  Brady gets paid too much to make mistakes.  This is why BB drafted a QB so high.  He is fed up with all of the changed plays and execution failures of BB's flawless gameplans.  No team in the history of the NFL has had so much talent only to be squandered by a subpar QB.  He is ruining BB's legacy.

[/QUOTE]

Idiot.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Russell/Brady comparisons are apt.  I've been fortunate enough to see both play.  Each cared/cares about the only truly relevant stat: winning.  Each was focused to the point of obsession.  Each took their special and unique skills, applied them to their respective games and made those around him better. 

Brady ain't the problem,  Oh, and believe me I've seen Big Bill Russell make his share of mistakes.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously i meant russell above.  Not chamberlain.  The point is, those guys didn't disappear like brady has.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obviously i meant russell above.  Not chamberlain.  The point is, those guys didn't disappear like brady has.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, obviously. Mistaking Bill Russell for chamberlain is like mistaking Larry bird and magic Johnson you drunken jag off. Had someone else done this you'd ridicule them . It's like calling Tom Brady Peyton manning "by accident ". Glad to see you're still making an azz of yourself here daily...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Oh no, bustchise!  I mistakenly said chamberlain, russell's nemesis.  How will i ever recover?

Brady will never be russell, orr or bird jn this town without another title.

Bird and orr were injured in their primes.  Brady has been spoiled rotten too.

Imagine if ray bourque was spoiled like brady?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Russ

Your main issue is that Brady is entitled, cares only about personal stats and has crapped out deep in the playoffs. 

I consider myself a good judge of character and have been around a lot of great leaders. Tom is one of them. He cares about the well being of team, not his stats. His frustration is with the team losing, not his own well being.

As far as crapping out, we all know it is a team game. If the OL can't hold or RB's have no lanes or the Defense  is depleted, it is hard to win AFCCG or SB. We all miss guys like Willy McGinness, Bruschi, Ted Johnson and Law. These are the guys that anchored the team during those runs. It was never just Tom and we need more than Tom now. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LMAO!  I was just in another thread, you were making fun of someone who made a mistake.

Hahaha!

You were bludgeoned. Priceless. All of the board is loving it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

As ATJ so eloquently stated...it takes 2 to argue.  Now carry on explaining to rusty how Brady is a good QB.    

"Defense Wins Championships"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now carry on explaining to rusty how Brady is a good QB.    
    [/QUOTE]

It might be more productive to try and explain it to the cat....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Why are we discussing the failures of TB when the biggest QB failure of all time plays QB in Denver! You want epic failure after epic failure just look to the West!!! The only time he one a Super bowl it took 2 phantom PI's called by the refs to make sure he accomplished one SB win. TB has had subpar receivers more often than not, only one year did he have an offense that was superior to the rest of the NFL 2007! Now he's got a bunch of 2nd year guys and a couple of guys who are either just getting to know what type of .routes TB likes on each play called or newbies all together like LaFell and Gallon. This years version should be interesting to watch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    LMAO!  I was just in another thread, you were making fun of someone who made a mistake.

Hahaha!

You were bludgeoned. Priceless. All of the board is loving it.

[/QUOTE]

"Obviously...." like we are all supposed to be the Amazing Kreskin and know that he meant one thing instead of another. No "oops, a mistake" or "sorry about that" but "obviously" since everyone knows that Crusty is incapable of admitting he was wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why are we discussing the failures of TB when the biggest QB failure of all time plays QB in Denver! You want epic failure after epic failure just look to the West!!! The only time he one a Super bowl it took 2 phantom PI's called by the refs to make sure he accomplished one SB win. TB has had subpar receivers more often than not, only one year did he have an offense that was superior to the rest of the NFL 2007! Now he's got a bunch of 2nd year guys and a couple of guys who are either just getting to know what type of .routes TB likes on each play called or newbies all together like LaFell and Gallon. This years version should be interesting to watch

[/QUOTE]

Because Brady has been channeling Gomer in the posteason now for years and years, that's why. Gomer has played much better in the AFC Title game since 2005, for example, as opposed to Brady.

Gomer has been a better postseason QB in the second half of his career and Brady has gotten worse and worse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Have I mentioned 2007 changed him already? lol

He says this same stuff every year heading into camp, too, which is what bothers me. It's almost like he wants everyone to know he still cares and works hard. I know he does, but it just doesn't matter if he's crapping himself in January.

The Cures of Giselle is alive and well, unfortunately.  SB 46 proved that. In spades.

Show me, Brady. Show me.

[/QUOTE]

Was Brady sick and is Giselle an MD?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Have I mentioned 2007 changed him already? lol

He says this same stuff every year heading into camp, too, which is what bothers me. It's almost like he wants everyone to know he still cares and works hard. I know he does, but it just doesn't matter if he's crapping himself in January.

The Cures of Giselle is alive and well, unfortunately.  SB 46 proved that. In spades.

Show me, Brady. Show me.

[/QUOTE]

Was Brady sick and is Giselle an MD?

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Sections
Shortcuts