BRADY...is it time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

BRADY...is it time?

Well is it time to replace Brady? Is he turnig into the new Bledsoe? Just unsure if he has the fire inside still to win another SB nor the arm to throw the ball longer than 20yds with accuracy. Or do most think if the Pats had just a few more pieces, they would pull it off. 2 cracks at the Giants left them empty. And now falling a game short against the Ravens. How much longer can the Pats run with Brady at the helm?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: BRADY...is it time?

Why do you hate horses?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

ne, brady probobaly still had 2-3 good years left....it would be nice if they drafted a qb now or if they dont, make sure mallett if the guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

ne, brady probobaly still had 2-3 good years left....it would be nice if they drafted a qb now or if they dont, make sure mallett if the guy.

He may have 2 good yrs left, but can he win another SB? I am not so sure he can redsox. How about SMITH?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

He may have 2 good yrs left, but can he win another SB? I am not so sure he can redsox. How about SMITH?

CAN he win another super bowl? absolutely, they have been pretty close the past couple of years from doing just that. and smith is a good qb, but i would only want him as a backup now and he obviously doesnt like backing up kaepernick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

lol

As you can see, this topic exists a lot more than some here want to admit.  I'd say he has 2-3 years left and it's probably pointless to entertain trading him because I am not sure you get the value you'd want back.

But, clearly, tht :fire" you speak of does seem to be a problem.  His pregame antics are the same. He enjoys playing, but I wonder how easy it is for him during the season against bad or mediocre Ds, is counter-productive for him when the postseason hits.

I was simply shocked at this mediocre SB last year after such a poor performance. The game was right there the entire 4th qtr and he just made mistake after mistake.  I was on here saying "no way he has two back to back subpar games". I was wrong. He did.

You can give him a pass in SB 42 because of the O Line issues, the Giants front 7 playing out of their gourds, etc, but recently, we have a serious problem.

Paul Perillo was on Pats All Access pre-postseason saying "the last guy I am worried about is Tom Brady".

Hmmm.

I don't feel that way AT ALL anymore.  I feel the total opposite. FOr the last 2 years, I've said NE will win the division, go deep into the postseason but my main question is how Brady will run the offense and how he executes in it.

As Brady or any QB goes, so does the team.

Until I see differently, there is no way I can just pretend.  He a GOLDEN opportunity to really take control of this AFC title game in the second half and they didn't even get 1 FG.

Absolutely brutal. It's almost like the losses bother me more than him. 

he doesnt seem to have the same passion as he used to, on that we agree. i still think brady has another ring in him before he retires though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

you realize Brady has 2-3 years as you say, or he can "play at a high level until he is 40" as Reiss says, but the truth of the matter is that he is only signed for 2 more years.

If the Pats want to save some money against the cap this year, and push some money into next year, his cap hit next year is $28 million. Or they can extend his contract, and push some of the money into his new contract years when the team cap is higher. Extending him means paying him most likely $20 million per in his 37 thru 42 years old seasons. Or they can let him walk as a free agent after next year, a la Peyton.

Remind me again why it was a good idea to not have Mallette take a meaningful snap this year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Can someone please enlighten me as to how we become a stronger & better team by shipping TB out of town?

I'm sorry, but I think this thread is beyond ridiculous to even fathom getting rid of one of the best QBs of all time, and CURRENTLY still top 3 in the NFL.

Again, how does getting rid of one of your superstars improve your team?

All these people asking to trade Brady...Welker....Wilfork.....need to put the pipe down. Getting rid of your best players does NOT make the team stronger....how can people not understand this simple concept?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

lol

As you can see, this topic exists a lot more than some here want to admit.  I'd say he has 2-3 years left and it's probably pointless to entertain trading him because I am not sure you get the value you'd want back.

But, clearly, tht :fire" you speak of does seem to be a problem.  His pregame antics are the same. He enjoys playing, but I wonder how easy it is for him during the season against bad or mediocre Ds, is counter-productive for him when the postseason hits.

I was simply shocked at this mediocre SB last year after such a poor performance. The game was right there the entire 4th qtr and he just made mistake after mistake.  I was on here saying "no way he has two back to back subpar games". I was wrong. He did.

You can give him a pass in SB 42 because of the O Line issues, the Giants front 7 playing out of their gourds, etc, but recently, we have a serious problem.

Paul Perillo was on Pats All Access pre-postseason saying "the last guy I am worried about is Tom Brady".

Hmmm.

I don't feel that way AT ALL anymore.  I feel the total opposite. FOr the last 2 years, I've said NE will win the division, go deep into the postseason but my main question is how Brady will run the offense and how he executes in it.

Until I see differently, there is no way I can just pretend.  He a GOLDEN opportunity to really take control of this AFC title game in the second half and they didn't even get 1 FG.

I totally agree. Subpar at best. And I think their division is too easy and that hurts him come playoffs. I have to add how frustrated I was to see him not take off and run especially for those short yrds. I just don't think he has what it takes to win another SB. And I would hate to see it turn into aother Bledsoe situation.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Can someone please enlighten me as to how we become a stronger & better team by shipping TB out of town?

I'm sorry, but I think this thread is beyond ridiculous to even fathom getting rid of one of the best QBs of all time, and CURRENTLY still top 3 in the NFL.

All these people asking to trade Brady...Welker....Wilfork.....need to put the pipe down. Getting rid of your best players does NOT make the team stronger....how can people not understand this simple concept?

Do you remember Garciaparra(sox)? Do you remember that trade and how well it worked out. How long do you think the Pats can keep starting Brady and win another SB? I am not so sure he is top 3 still either.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The only point I'll make is that the Pats brass needs to start grooming Brady's eventual successor. Maybe Mallette is the guy, maybe not. Maybe Pats brass starts drafting QBs or they sign a FA. I don't want the Pats to end up with a Curtis Painter Lite type of situation. In fact, maybe grooming TB's successor should have happend two years ago.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

lol

Hmmm.

I totally agree. Subpar at best. And I think their division is too easy and that hurts him come playoffs. I have to add how frustrated I was to see him not take off and run especially for those short yrds. I just don't think he has what it takes to win another SB. And I would hate to see it turn into aother Bledsoe situation.

The non-running is the worst. The absolute worst. WHen he turned around to see if he had time to throw one last time before he finally scrambled ahead on that 4th and 4....?

It just proves he's obsessed with throwing.

There were at least 3 other times in that game where he could have quickly and wisely scrambled directly ahead for 3 or 4 yards and moved the sticks and he just refused to do it. They were conceding that all game long!

Great posts. Finally someone with honest, truthful opinions about a star like Brady. It is nice to read and hear. And nice to see others feel exactly as I do. The Pats need to address this sooner rather than later. I have no idea if Mallet? is any good. It would have been nice to see if he can play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

If you believe Mallette is the future, Rusty, why trade for Alex Smith?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the people that say Brady played poorly in last years Super Bowl are absolute fools that don't know a thing about football to be honest. If we win that game, Brady wins the MVP....hands down. The guy was given poor field position that entire game and yet was in fact perfect on one scoring drive and nearly perfect on the other. He had drops in that game that would of also helped us win. He was given the ball at the one yard line to start that game and was under tremendous pressure that resulted in a safety...big deal...it was two lousy points. It could of been worse.

Now the last game against the Ravens was not good...I can give anyone that, but the game against the Texans was very very good. The thing that was consistently BAD in BOTH contests was our defense - you don't give up 28 points in both your playoff games and think you're going to win anything. And we didn't.

Trade the guy and we will all see very quickly how average of a football team this is right now. Bruschi said the same right after our loss, if I'm not mistaken. We have very good players in...Welker, Gronk (who was hurt), Wilfork and Jones (who was hurt). That is not going to get it done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Well is it time to replace Brady? Is he turnig into the new Bledsoe? Just unsure if he has the fire inside still to win another SB nor the arm to throw the ball longer than 20yds with accuracy. Or do most think if the Pats had just a few more pieces, they would pull it off. 2 cracks at the Giants left them empty. And now falling a game short against the Ravens. How much longer can the Pats run with Brady at the helm?

JSFCSTHUUFAHARHWWYFA!!!!!!!!  I wish I could type this out but I'd probably be banned forever!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I think TB has a couple years left. mallet is not the answer to the future. BB needs to go find the next kapenick, and let TB groom him, and be his QB coach, and then hand over the machine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I didn't say trade Brady. I said let Welker go.  Welker is a run game extension.  When has Welker played well in big games in the postseason?

Keep in mind his yardage totals in a game are skewed because of how many times he's targeted and how fast he is able to get open and now he wants 10 mil per year? No way.

I say Brady has 2-3 years left and a legit shot in those years, but past that, he won't have value. I just hope he gets another ring by then, because SB 46, this past AFC title game, etc, will eat at him for years.

Right now, he and Rodgers are falling into the same trap. Throwing too much, ignoring what a run game can do for you, not enough time under center, etc.

Removing Welker forces more traditional sets from this offense.

Do you want to win a SB or not?

You watched the afc title game, correct? The balance between run and pass was pretty darn close, it was basically what you've wanted for years...it made no difference. The truth is the team needed to play great to win that game, it didn't. We needed guys to be healthy - we needed people like Gronk, Jones and Talib to be 100%. Didn't happen, having said that though, when you supposedly build your team for depth, value, positional flexibility...it shouldn't sink you.

I thought this was one of the worst free agent off seasons we had ever had here. That defensive lineman that was supposed to shore up our inside pass rush and was the first guy we went after hard, was a dissaster. The safety that was supposed to fill a position of need and be a real "value" signing...guy was a total joke, just like everyone said he was. The fifteen tight ends that we signed to save us if the unthinkable happened (Gronk going down)...was another disaster. Lloyd came onto the team with the question of him being able to get open deep and be able to separate...7 months later we are all talking about getting a guy that can do all the things he can't. We need to not be so afraid of spending on some quality this off season, because what we are doing right now is wasting a resource that is available to us. Spend a little more on some quality...worst case scenario we have to go out and sign some guys off the street for cheap money (it's what we end up having to do every season anyway).

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Since it will be so easy to find a replacement for him, it is definitely time to let him go.  I am sure they can easily identify someone in the draft, or get someone through free agency, or maybe by trade.  Nothing easier than finding a quarterback who can throw thirty plus touchdown passes a year with few interceptions.  There must be fifty guys out there who can do that.  So far Brady is the only quarterback in the history of the NFL who has led offenses that have scored 500 plus points four different years, but there must be dozens of others who can do that.  He may be the only quarterback in the history of the NFL with 100 more wins than losses, but, again, quarterbacks who can do that probably grow on trees.  Of course it's time to get rid of Brady.  The Patriots will have their pick of quarterbacks who can play better than he.  There's nothing easier than finding a Hall of Fame quarterback.  Look at all the teams in the NFL that do it all the time. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

yes it is time...it's exactly 7:04 EST