BRADY...is it time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Re: BRADY...is it time?

Belichick has been rebuilding this team in place ever since our last superbowl win.  Every year is supposedly the year that the Pats drop off.  Yet every year Brady has us in position to win the Superbowl again.

Do you remember last year?  How many centers did we lose during the year?  And we still almost won the Superbowl.

The D is getting stronger.  Without the injuries during last week's game, we beat the Ravens.  Let our young D contiue to get experience.  Add the one or two pieces we need on each side of the ball.

Brady can certainly deliver another Superbowl or 2.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Great reg. season stats. But it does not seem to equate well in the post season that well anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets put some numbers to this;

NE has the top OFFENSE in 2012, DESPITE having only 2 recievers cracking the top 40.

WELKER ranked 9th and LLoyd ranked 25th.

NE has the top OFFENSE in 2012, DESPITE having the highest drop rate per team.

WW tied 3rd (8) and Hern tied 4th (7)

For those saying WW had the most attempts, that is BS.  HE has the highest amount of DROPS (32) compared to the HIGHEST amount of catchable passes (363) over a 3 yr period.

9 this year.

That's a 8.8% drop rate compared to Reggie Wayne who has a comparable amount of CATCHABLE passes and has only dropped 14 passes and has a 4.6% drop rate.

NE has the top Offense despite only having 1 reciever in the top 40 in YAC.  Welker.

NE has the top Offense DESPITE having only 1 RB in the top 40, Ridley (7th).

There are 3 QB's that have better rushing stats than their next best rusher.  LOL!!!

Don't even get me started on the D!

25th in yards, to those of you who poopoo that stat, how about 25th in allowing 1st downs and 3rd down conversions.  You want to poopoo that? 

The DEFENSES #1 priority is stopping 1st downs!!!! 

Bad, bad things happen when you allow 1st downs.

-------------------

You want post season;  (small sample) TB is 2nd in passing only to Flacco who played 1 more game. 853/664.  NE is also 2nd in total offense of the PO teams.  Balt is 1st.

Without going into much detail of the post season teams who played 2 or more games, NE"S D is dead last in points allowed with 28.  Balt is 1st with 19

SOOOOOOOOOO.  Balt is 1st in both total O and points allowed.

Just to put things in perspective.
    NE's O played poorly against the top D.  Turn overs, dropped passes and ineffective rushing.

Flacco played great against the BOTTOM D.  No turn overs and extremely poor at stopping 1st downs and scoring.

I don't think TB is the problem....Recievers have to catch, rushers need to be effecient and D's need to stop 1st downs and scoring.

CASE CLOSED!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try to wrap your brain around this. THE TEAM AROUND BRADY IS MEDIOCRE.

The team around him used to be better. The mediocre team now feeds on the weak during the season and often struggles against the good teams. The playoffs have all the good teams. Get it? Nobody is going to look great when the rest of the team can't catch, can't get open, can't run and can't play defense. Learn the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

To answer your question based on his level of play this year it is not the time. Is it a fair question to ask???? After next year you can evaluate his play and production and ask the question again but in my opinion as of right now and it is only an opinion he is still an elite player in this league.

Fair enough. I never said he needed to be traded or replaced today. Just asking in general how many more yrs in the tank does he have left? Of course he is not the same Brady nor are these the same Pats that won the SB. But his fire seems lacking. Ho hum.

This is the problem here. You say you are just asking how many years left, then pull a rabbit out of your butt saying he lacks fire. How the hell would you know how much fire he has? You keep saying you're just saying or asking this then keep on to say something entirely different.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

To answer your question based on his level of play this year it is not the time. Is it a fair question to ask???? After next year you can evaluate his play and production and ask the question again but in my opinion as of right now and it is only an opinion he is still an elite player in this league.

Fair enough. I never said he needed to be traded or replaced today. Just asking in general how many more yrs in the tank does he have left? Of course he is not the same Brady nor are these the same Pats that won the SB. But his fire seems lacking. Ho hum.

This is the problem here. You say you are just asking how many years left, then pull a rabbit out of your butt saying he lacks fire. How the hell would you know how much fire he has? You keep saying you're just saying or asking this then keep on to say something entirely different.

Babe. You are annoying to say the least. Which I guess is what you are looking to be.  The question was is it time to replace Brady? I never said it is time to replace Brady. But you act like Brday now is the same Brady from SBowls past. He is not. Simple. Nor are the Pats. But then you continue to run on and on with your insults after insults. I simply said is it going to turn into a Bledsoe like situation. So, stop getting your granny panties in a bunch at every comment left.  And the reason I say I am just asking or saying is because you keep making false accusations. I never said it is time to trade the HOF QB. Or that the Pats are better with out him. Or whatever other drivel you keep spouting out. I guess in your world you want everyone to agree. Then if that is the case, where is the disussion?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Why do you say his fire seems to be lacking? I am not saying you are right or wrong but from what I have seen this year on the field and on the sideline he has been pretty fiery and demonstrative.

I think if anything TB was pretty oustanding for most of the year. like all great players they are not perfect for 60 minutes of all 16 games plus playoffs but they are usually very good for the majority of that time and i didn't see the type of drop off in his game that has been alluded to in this thread and other threads.

sports fans of all teams and sports say this same thing and while they may be right in some cases most of the time it's just wrong or at the very least overstated

how can you tell what's inside a person? who says the result equals the effort and desire all the time? when the pats won 3 times and they lost 2 times can anybody say the effort was different or they wanted it less? if it's only based on the results well they won 3 times by 3 points and they lost 3 and 4 points....how does that equal less desire or "fire" inside? it doesn't but sports fans say it all the time...

some guys are demonstrative and some are not...doesn't mean they are not feeling it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

how can you tell what's inside a person? who says the result equals the effort and desire all the time? when the pats won 3 times and they lost 2 times can anybody say the effort was different or they wanted it less? if it's only based on the results well they won 3 times by 3 points and they lost 3 and 4 points....how does that equal less desire or "fire" inside? it doesn't but sports fans say it all the tim

some guys are demonstrative and some are not...doesn't mean they are not feeling it

[/QUOTE]

we all know what is inside you wondsucker

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Babe. You are annoying to say the least. Which I guess is what you are looking to be.  The question was is it time to replace Brady? I never said it is time to replace Brady. But you act like Brday now is the same Brady from SBowls past. He is not. Simple. Nor are the Pats. But then you continue to run on and on with your insults after insults. I simply said is it going to turn into a Bledsoe like situation. So, stop getting your granny panties in a bunch at every comment left.  And the reason I say I am just asking or saying is because you keep making false accusations. I never said it is time to trade the HOF QB. Or that the Pats are better with out him. Or whatever other drivel you keep spouting out. I guess in your world you want everyone to agree. Then if that is the case, where is the disussion?  

I have not insulted you. I have noted the ridiculous assumptions you espouse based on nothing factual. I have not labeled you a moron or an imbecile as for all I know you are intelligent regarding other matters.

What you do keep saying is that Brady is somehow lesser of late than his norm. And that is nonsense. I don't care if you agree or not. I am simply pointing out your errors.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Babe. You are annoying to say the least.

Liars are usually annoyed when exposed as such.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

how can you tell what's inside a person? who says the result equals the effort and desire all the time? when the pats won 3 times and they lost 2 times can anybody say the effort was different or they wanted it less? if it's only based on the results well they won 3 times by 3 points and they lost 3 and 4 points....how does that equal less desire or "fire" inside? it doesn't but sports fans say it all the tim

we all know what is inside you wondsucker

[/QUOTE]

go drive ur little scooter off a cliff lowrent

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

awww did I hit a nerve twerp

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

I guess the Packers need to be looking for a new quarterback since Rodgers failed in the playoffs for the second year in a row.  The Broncos definitely have to find a new quarterback since once again Manning was one and done.  Atlanta also needs to find a new quarterback since Matt Ryan failed for the fourth year in a row to go far into the playoffs.  I guess Eli Manning's magical ride is over since the Giants did not even make the playoffs.  Bye bye, Eli.  And that goes for Drew Brees too since the Saints did not even make the playoffs.  That reminds me that the Steelers also must be looking for someone to replace Roethlisberger since Pittsburgh did not make the playoffs.  All these quarterbacks might have been great at one time, but clearly they need to go now since they apparently all lack fire.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Babe. You are annoying to say the least.

Liars are usually annoyed when exposed as such.

I guess you would know about liars and such. More drivel. You are loaded with it. How you can say Brady is what he was? That is just nonsense. Youhave blamed everyone else, but Brady. I guess your love runs deep. Which is fine. But take the blinders off man or miss. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

lol

Couldn't be said enough.  I have no idea why anyone aligns with him here. Said it for years.

Hallelujah Rock. Just keeping it real.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We were spoiled by the success of the Patriots of the early century. What they accomplished in those 4 years was beyond our wildest dreams. Most if not all fans of other teams will never get to experience that with their teams. We want that back again so we're getting frustrated by the lack of results.

In reality, the Patriots have done very well since then, just falling short in the Super Bowl twice and finishing among the top teams every year. Expecting more than that is just a pipe dream. The sooner we come to grips with that the better. I hope Brady stays.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Had a little time and was checking out some offensive stats for the play-offs.

Shocking, to say the least. 

Oh, my, what's a QB to do?

Gonzalez 93% completion

Foster, 88%

Zach Miller, 83%

Crabtree, 83%

Andre J, 80%

James Jones, 80%

More......

Then you have

Hernandez, 68%

WW, 64%   No he doesn't have the most attempts!

Lloyd, 50%  none over 20

Branch, 33%

Woody, 33%

Ouch....................................

Howbout RB's

Ridley, 4.6 ypc long of 23, fumble

Gore, 4.8

Lynch, 4.9

J. Rogers,  4.8  WHO???

Alfred Morris, 5.0  Who???

Benard Pierce, 6.3

Lamicheal James 6.9

And......Just for LOL

Kaepernick, 11.2

Joe Webb, 9.7

A Luck, 8.8

R Wilson, 8.5

AAron R, 8.0

Wow!  Imagine playing with that and with a D that apparently forgot to go to the john during half time, because they couldn't even hold their own bladders after the half.

No, TB didn't have his best game.  How the he11 could he?

Just think what a less experienced, less accurate QB will do with this team.  :-(

Tears!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

awww did I hit a nerve twerp

no dirtbag but i wish you would hit a wall

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

lol

Couldn't be said enough.  I have no idea why anyone aligns with him here. Said it for years.

It's called sanity junior. Something you have in very very short supply.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Gonzalez 93% completion

Foster, 88%

Zach Miller, 83%

Crabtree, 83%

Andre J, 80%

James Jones, 80%

More......

Then you have

Hernandez, 68%

Lloyd, 50%  none over 20

Branch, 33%

Woody, 33%

Howbout RB's

Gore, 4.8

Lynch, 4.9

J. Rogers,  4.8  WHO???

Benard Pierce, 6.3

Lamicheal James 6.9

And......Just for LOL

Kaepernick, 11.2

Joe Webb, 9.7

A Luck, 8.8

R Wilson, 8.5

AAron R, 8.0

Wow!  Imagine playing with that and with a D that apparently forgot to go to the john during half time, because they couldn't even hold their own bladders after the half.

Just think what a less experienced, less accurate QB will do with this team.  :-(

Tears!!!

Speaking of Tears!!!....

It is astonishing when you realize that Gisele actually knows this game better than junior and a few other stooges.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Gonzalez 93% completion

Foster, 88%

Zach Miller, 83%

Crabtree, 83%

Andre J, 80%

James Jones, 80%

More......

Then you have

Hernandez, 68%

Lloyd, 50%  none over 20

Branch, 33%

Woody, 33%

Howbout RB's

Gore, 4.8

Lynch, 4.9

J. Rogers,  4.8  WHO???

Benard Pierce, 6.3

Lamicheal James 6.9

And......Just for LOL

Kaepernick, 11.2

Joe Webb, 9.7

A Luck, 8.8

R Wilson, 8.5

AAron R, 8.0

Tears!!!

Speaking of Tears!!!....

It is astonishing when you realize that Gisele actually knows this game better than junior and a few other stooges.

Your comments are becoming a snooze fest. Yawn

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Brady has turned into jughead...all regular season stats then CHOKE in playoffs against good teams. Hes had a almost equal TDs and INTs in playoffs since his last SB win....Time to bring in a young QB and let him develop. With AFC East a joke, even with a rookie QB Pats still win division easily...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Brady has turned into jughead...all regular season stats then CHOKE in playoffs against good teams. Hes had a almost equal TDs and INTs in playoffs since his last SB win....Time to bring in a young QB and let him develop. With AFC East a joke, even with a rookie QB Pats still win division easily...

Here is a list (in no particular order) of what most people would agree are the best quarterbacks in the NFL (counting just quarterbacks who have a track record): Brady, Peyton Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Eli Manning, Roethlisberger.

Here is a list of quarterbacks who did not go further than Brady in the playoffs: Peyton Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Eli Manning, Roethlisberger.

Should they also all be replaced? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

Here is a list (in no particular order) of what most people would agree are the best quarterbacks in the NFL (counting just quarterbacks who have a track record): Brady, Peyton Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Eli Manning, Roethlisberger.

Here is a list of quarterbacks who did not go further than Brady in the playoffs: Peyton Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Eli Manning, Roethlisberger.

Of course not. But the only one older than Brady is Peyton. And he did darn well coming back to a new team after a yr off with 4 neck surguries. And the oldest winning qb was Elway right at 38. So, maybe another 1 or 2 for Brady.

Anyway, of that list you provided. They can all throw the deep ball. I don't think Brady can anymore. That is an issue. The dink and dunk days are over I  think. Too many teams know it too well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

Of course not. But the only one older than Brady is Peyton. And he did darn well coming back to a new team after a yr off with 4 neck surguries. And the oldest winning qb was Elway right at 38. So, maybe another 1 or 2 for Brady.

Anyway, of that list you provided. They can all throw the deep ball. I don't think Brady can anymore. That is an issue. The dink and dunk days are over I  think. Too many teams know it too well.

The Patriots scored 557 points last year.  That is the third highest total in NFL history.  They set records for the most first downs and most plays in a season.  They have trouble beating certain kinds of teams, but the league as a whole has not figured out how to stop Tom Brady and the Patriots' offense.  

Throwing the ball deep is vastly overrated.  Matthew Stafford throws a beautiful deep ball.  Where are the Lions?    

Sections
Shortcuts