Brady's future.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Brady's future.

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

If you think it's dumb to say Brady ought to get away from the mediocre team BB has built around him, then I think that's dumb.

So by this logic every QB other than Kaepernick and Flacco should be looking to change teams.  This is a stupid point anyways.  BB is never going to trade Brady and Brady has already said a million times if it is up to him he wouldn't want to play for any other coach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I really think they have two options, they can blow the whole thing up by trading Brady, or they can spend big in free agency and (heavens to Betsy) ruin our cap for a year down the road. The clock is ticking with Brady being 36 going into next season - realistically I think it's obvious that what they are doing is not getting it done. They have a very very small window of opportunity now ( and honestly it may be closed now). They can continue with their value approach and sign a bunch of backup want to b's at discount prices and watch them get cut or crap their pants in playoff games. Or they can go all in for a last ditch desperation shot at the end of Tom's career.

I vote they go all in. I would mortgage the future for the benefit of today, because realistically the future will be bleak for a few years after Brady is gone anyway.

Aside from Llyod, what free agent acquisition helped during that game yesterday? I can't think of one single guy. The fifteen tight ends we signed this off season did nothing. Our big ticket free agent (Fenene) was sitting somewhere comfortable in some mental hospital while Wilfork was being double teamed. And the slew of free agent wide receivers we brought in where sipping on piña colatas as Welker was getting pushed around like a pin ball, when he wasn't dropping balls.

at least spend to the cap....we are not the Bengals.

I don't think they can close the gap in a year or even two. What do they actually have?

Receivers who drop way too many passes that seem to never be able to get open when the going gets tough. A superb TE who has been hurt every time we needed him.

Running backs that wither when the going gets tough as well.

A defense held together with baling wire and duct tape that with any component missing reverts from merely decent to a world class sieve.

Mickey mouse coordinators.

That's a lot to fix in a short time. Not only is it highly unlikely it can be done, but BB is not a very likely guy to do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to gr82bme's comment:

Babe, Glenr:  I get you both (as are all Pats fans) are disappointed from the loss.  I think, especially given his standards, that TB didn't play well.  Thing is, who on the Pats played better.  We lost, it hurts, and tossing out blame is folly - the TEAM lost.  D gave up 21 points in the 2nd half - the O didn't score in the 2nd half and literally wasted good field position in the 1st half.  TB will probably be the first person to say he stunk - but who was our best player on the field yesterday - yup, TB.  Our team isn't perfect and it isn't unbeatable - which team, even of the two remaining, are?

Was he now? Only a true delusional apologist could come up with that one. You dump on the offense but excuse Brady?

glenr, you're wasting your breath. Nobody here thinks you have a clue. Retire.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

As expected Babe has embarked on a trip down 'it's never Brady's fault' delusion highway.

Do you ever contribute anything to the forum other than Babe bashing?

NO ONE is saying TB played great, he didn't.

But I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the following influenced his and the teams demise.

A few less drops.  No QB has ever completed a pass that was dropped.  Most drops in the NFL

A few less penalties negating completions

A few less turn-overs

a few recievers getting seperation

Better O-line play as he was hurried and hit way more than Flacco.

A D that can make a goal line stand.  Not one in the whole game????

A D than can get a turn over

A D that doesn't extend plays with stupid penalties.

A D that can get pressure

A D that doesn't alow passes over 20 again and again and again.

Bad time management

Bad coaching with zero adjustments.

These are not foriegn to this team.  We've been talking about this ALL YEAR (years really)

Any body really surprised? 

Babe is right!  The team is not great and not one person can overcome all that.

He deserves better!

Even the strongest glue can only hold for so long, especially when there are cracks EVERY WHERE!

Well said Pezz. I do give BB credit for scrambling like crazy this year to try anf fix all the deficiencies. There were too many to overcome because of poor decisions in the past.

It will be ironic when Moss likely gets his ring with the 9ers won't it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

Thge pats need a new QB- Out with the old and in with the new-Bring in Mallett and get rid of TB while you can still get something for him!

Brady's #'s yesterday were just atrocious...again. He always plays horribly against the Ravens-The only stat that he added to was his INT's.

yes Welker dropped a very catchable ball BUT that pass to #34 in the 3rd Qttr was all on Brady and that scramble showed us all just how non -athletic old Tommy Boy truly is.

babe - I feel sorry for you and you alone.You are blinded by your mancrush of Brady and in your eyes he can do no wrong when in everybody elses eyes the blame falls directly on the starting QB.

Feel Better Babe-XOXO-Leon

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to user_4047318's comment:

In response to PATSthebest's comment:

More balance is a better D. The offense has carried this team for years, always near the top of the NFL, they're due a bad game. It's the "D" that needs to step up and that's BB place.  Yesterday Flacco looked like a cross bertween Manning and Brady. And dont't say we focused on Rice, Flacco stayed in teh shot gun the entire 2nd half.

The offense needs a shut down corner and a pass rush........

It's not so much the offense or the defense......key injuries hobbled the defense.  What bothered me the most was Brady not being tough enough. On two occasions he could have run for first down and chose not to.  He was clearly afraid of getting hit.  This has been a pattern for some time now.  He should take a lesson from Welker.  

If it comes down to our 35 year old QB who couldn't run when he was 25 having to scramble for a gain I vote no fn way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Why would Brady want to leave. There is no team that is a QB away from being anywhere close to the Super Bowl. As much as I whine and moan about the issues this team has (defensive backfield and an offensive designed for the regular season), they were in the Super Bowl last year and the Conference Championship this year. 

To me, the two biggest issues on this team are named McDaniels and Patricia.

How about Pete Caroll's Seahawks? Close to home for Tom and a team with a top D.

When the 1st ranked offense only puts up 13 points, 21 pts below their average, can you really say the defense was the problem?

Zip it troll. Everybody here hates you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Why would Brady want to leave. There is no team that is a QB away from being anywhere close to the Super Bowl. As much as I whine and moan about the issues this team has (defensive backfield and an offensive designed for the regular season), they were in the Super Bowl last year and the Conference Championship this year. 

How about Pete Caroll's Seahawks? Close to home for Tom and a team with a top D.

When the 1st ranked offense only puts up 13 points, 21 pts below their average, can you really say the defense was the problem?

If I read into the meaning of your response, I think you are saying that Tom should go to a team with a defense that can bail him out like earlier in his career, because he can't do it with the top ranked offense in the league. 

You might be right, Babe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

if the team stays as is the same thing will happen next year.  they blow out the bad teams and struggle against the teams that play good defense in the playoffs. no superbowl. brady is going to be 35 and it would be worth it to deal him if they could get anything for him, at 35 i don't know who would. the team needs a new identity, tougher, more physical. this style has run its course.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Knee jerk reactions like this dont help!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If I read into the meaning of your response, I think you are saying that Tom should go to a team with a defense that can bail him out like earlier in his career, because he can't do it with the top ranked offense in the league. 

Could be troll. But at least he's not a sex offender.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[/QUOTE]

So you don't think Brady's reliable?  Wow Babe

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Brady sucks w/o his video team. Cant win w/o cheating.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:

Knee jerk reactions like this dont help!

Nothing knee jerk about it. This has been brewing for years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying you are nothing more than a sex offender worshiping troll.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think one of the most discouraging things was knowing that we had to bring in a guy (Talib) who is a known thug, to cover up all the mistakes that were made when we "rebuilt" this defense. Then when that guy went down (again) with injury, we all got to watch our goo old origanal version of our "rebuilt" defense get platered all over the field.

Folks, for those of you that say we win every year and we all should be just thrilled..we haven't won anything in ten years. That's an eternity in the NFL. This defense and offense are like a broken record when it comes to playing good teams in the playoffs - something is wrong - very wrong. We may of wasted ten years of one of the best QB's to ever of played the game.

I'm tired of value. I'm tired of fiscal responsibility. Build a damn defense and get a wide reciever. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think one of the most discouraging things was knowing that we had to bring in a guy (Talib) who is a known thug, to cover up all the mistakes that were made when we "rebuilt" this defense. Then when that guy went down (again) with injury, we all got to watch our goo old origanal version of our "rebuilt" defense get platered all over the field.

Folks, for those of you that say we win every year and we all should be just thrilled..we haven't won anything in ten years. That's an eternity in the NFL. This defense and offense are like a broken record when it comes to playing good teams in the playoffs - something is wrong - very wrong. We may of wasted ten years of one of the best QB's to ever of played the game.

I'm tired of value. I'm tired of fiscal responsibility. Build a damn defense and get a wide reciever. 

We have morphed into the Kelly Buffalo Bills as blunder after blunder has been committed on draft day.

Chung, Brace, Ras-I, McCourty, Cunningham, Butler, Wheatley, Crable, Meriweather.

TERRIBLE DRAFTING.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

I agree that defense played bad (esp the 2nd half when offense was struggling). What about the missed opportunites by the offense in the red zone?  What about the clock management at the end of the half? Do you want to blame defense for those too?

Babe be REALISTIC offense, defense, coaching stuck it up yesterday. Offense had great field position for most of the 1st half and could not capitalize. Defense could not stop Ravens in the 2nd half.

The TEAM lost period, no need to single out just the ones you feel like.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Are you even a Patriots fan? Seems like you're only a Brady fan.

You continuously throw other players on the team under the bus for the sake of saying that nothing is ever Brady's fault.

I disagree...i think it's more babe defending brady against some over-the-top and silly attacks on brady, led by the queenies of the world

Jints, what these people don't get is that this team is pretty mediocre other than Brady. Yes there are a few good players other than him. Gronk, but he has been hurt when we most needed him. Welker, but he has been a boy among men when we needed him. Wilfork is the only real outstanding defender. Mayo is good but overrated around these parts at least.

Nobody did anything in that game and left it all on him and he nor anybody else can do it alone. If they had all played to their generally mediocre abilities then it probably would have ended differently. But when they can't even reach mediocre there is a problem.

At this point I would hope they trade Brady. Because until they do the fallacy that BB builds great teams will endure and that will only delay the inevitable rebuild of this ho-hum team.

What these people here need is a good dose of reality and that reality would be to strip away the one thing that has propped this mediocre farce up so it can be seen for what it is.

i think everything u say here has a lot of merit

That's because you are a lost toy looking for happiness in Patriot failure.  Go mind your own team you fÜcking toad.

go ride ur little motor scooter off a cliff lowlife

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I agree that defense played bad (esp the 2nd half when offense was struggling). What about the missed opportunites by the offense in the red zone?  What about the clock management at the end of the half? Do you want to blame defense for those too?

Babe be REALISTIC offense, defense, coaching stuck it up yesterday. Offense had great field position for most of the 1st half and could not capitalize. Defense could not stop Ravens in the 2nd half.

I haven't said anybody played well. Brady played ok despite choke drops of key passes and anemic running. He had a late tipped pass get picked off and another as he tried to produce a miracle in a losing cause. Defense sucked. Offense sucked. Coaching sucked. Easy raven win in the second half.

My overall point is that this team is mediocre other than Brady. And yesterday they couldn't even manage mediocre.

Switch Brady and Sanchez and we switch records for the season. That's my point.

If Brady wants to win another ring then maybe him going to a team with a major league D and some reliable offensive weapons might do the trick. And we could use the picks that would garner to do the rebuild we need - with a new GM! - instead of just flailing away with more of the same we have seen in recent years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I'm saying you are nothing more than a sex offender worshiping troll.

[/QUOTE]

not what i read.  what i read is that you don't think Brady has what it takes to lead a team.  Give him a good defense and better weapons and then he can win.  that's what you've said.  I just don't know how much one improves upon the top ranked offense and 9th ranked defense. 

the utopia you wish for Brady may no longer exist.  Thank goodness he had it in his early years, right? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's a sad thing, a tough pill to swallow but facts are facts.  My man, TFB is getting older and isn't able to carry this team like he once could.  Nothing wrong with saying that, it's true.  It happens to all of them, even the best of them.  We have seen it with Peyton Manning and now it's showing up with TFB.  It's to the point that TFB needs help, he needs a legit supporting cast and not these over achieving system type players.  He needs talent around him.  It's time to change philosophys of manageable football.

I'm afraid that as good as Welker has been for TFB to pass to and depend on to get open, once he is gone it is going to show just how far Brady is slipping.  Brady needs help!  He doesn't need one of his best weapons, one of his most dependable guys to leave. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

Babe, Glenr:  I get you both (as are all Pats fans) are disappointed from the loss.  I think, especially given his standards, that TB didn't play well.  Thing is, who on the Pats played better.  We lost, it hurts, and tossing out blame is folly - the TEAM lost.  D gave up 21 points in the 2nd half - the O didn't score in the 2nd half and literally wasted good field position in the 1st half.  TB will probably be the first person to say he stunk - but who was our best player on the field yesterday - yup, TB.  Our team isn't perfect and it isn't unbeatable - which team, even of the two remaining, are?

Was he now? Only a true delusional apologist could come up with that one. You dump on the offense but excuse Brady?

glenr, you're wasting your breath. Nobody here thinks you have a clue. Retire.

As expected you whining is your big defense when brady's performance is subpar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I haven't said anybody played well. Brady played ok despite choke drops of key passes and anemic running. He had a late tipped pass get picked off and another as he tried to produce a miracle in a losing cause. Defense sucked. Offense sucked. Coaching sucked. Easy raven win in the second half.

My overall point is that this team is mediocre other than Brady. And yesterday they couldn't even manage mediocre.

Switch Brady and Sanchez and we switch records for the season. That's my point.

If Brady wants to win another ring then maybe him going to a team with a major league D and some reliable offensive weapons might do the trick. And we could use the picks that would garner to do the rebuild we need - with a new GM! - instead of just flailing away with more of the same we have seen in recent years.

yup baby he didn't over or underthrow any passes nor did he blow a chance at at least one more play to the end zone at the end of the half. You continue to live in babe's lala land where every draft pick is a HOFer. Why don't you join leon and become a Jets fan? You clearly are just a teenage girl who thinks brady is cute but knows nothing about football.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

It's a sad thing, a tough pill to swallow but facts are facts.  My man, TFB is getting older and isn't able to carry this team like he once could.  Nothing wrong with saying that, it's true.  It happens to all of them, even the best of them.   

Honestly - when the Patriots won their 3 SBs - do you really think Tom Brady "carried the team?"

Because I think the reason they won was because Brady did not carry the team.