Brady's game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Brady's game

Were any of you guys worried when Brady took the offense down to the Bangels red zone and then threw two bad passes to open WRs? He had Moss open in the end zone and he threw it behind him, and then he had Welker open in the end zone and he did the same thing. Does this worry you guys? I know its early but that is the kind of throw he never mised and now he is taking points off the board? I said all along that the knee would hurt his mechanics and thats what I saw in that game, his timing and his mechanics were off and thats worrisome. Do you agree? I am not saying we should be scared cause i think he will be fine but did you guys pick up on that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Brady's game

Anytime you see Brady throw off his back foot with little pressure its scary but its part of the healing process(mentally) I tore my Acl as well and it just takes time to realize its healed. With Bradys work ethic and ability I think he will be just fine but I wouldnt be surprised to see us start a little run heavy the first few games which is probably a good thing in any case. We need to stay consistent in the run game for 19 games this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Read the article about "extended playing time against Washington."

Brady's rusty. He knows it and he also knows only game reps at full speed will help him work that rust out.

I don't think it's the knee so much as the fact that he hasn't participated at full speed in almost a year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I agree with PrairieMike, he just needs game action. Shake off the rust and get the feel of the game back. Figure at least this is happening in preseason and not the regular season. I expect him to play close to another full game in the next two preseason games (going into 3rd quarter this week, couple drives to 1st quarter next week).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

But when he missed those two TD throws you guys saw teh same thing right? He didnt look like his old self on those throws. He should have eben able to score against the Bangels defense and he couldnt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'll admit I was not happy to see the Pats fail to get in the endzone against Tigger, but even without the knee surgery, I wouldn't expect any quarterback to be "his old self"  -- that is, in mid-season form -- on his third series of the preseason. He also took a couple shots in that game, so maybe there was some hesitancy, but really, I'm not worried about Brady at all.

I can't afford to worry about Brady.

I had the misfortune of watching far more of Kevin O'Connell in that game than I ever hope to see again.

Man, that guy blows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

That is a good point that it was only his 3rd series but still its never good to be in the red zone and not be able to score. We should have won that game 13 to 7.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

In Response to Brady's game:
    Were any of you guys worried when Brady took the offense down to the Bangels red zone and then threw two bad passes to open WRs? He had Moss open in the end zone and he threw it behind him, and then he had Welker open in the end zone and he did the same thing. Does this worry you guys? I know its early but that is the kind of throw he never mised and now he is taking points off the board? I said all along that the knee would hurt his mechanics and thats what I saw in that game, his timing and his mechanics were off and thats worrisome. Do you agree? I am not saying we should be scared cause i think he will be fine but did you guys pick up on that?
    Posted by MVPkilla
    Mr. killa, just look at history my friend. what happened to carson palmer and other QBs who have endured similar injuries and rehabs?  issues could at first be about the mechanics, then about the accuracy, then sometimes by trying to overcompensate u may risk another injury in a totally differnt area. u also have the mental consequences even after the body has fully healed! i just hope the running game can help him out by being productive as he makes the transition. by mid-season, he should be back to his old self. all his past efforts in work ethic should serve him well! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You got through a whole post with out a single capital letter good for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cameron. Show Cameron's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's game:
    I'll admit I was not happy to see the Pats fail to get in the endzone against Tigger, but even without the knee surgery, I wouldn't expect any quarterback to be "his old self"  -- that is, in mid-season form -- on his third series of the preseason. He also took a couple shots in that game, so maybe there was some hesitancy, but really, I'm not worried about Brady at all. I can't afford to worry about Brady. I had the misfortune of watching far more of Kevin O'Connell in that game than I ever hope to see again. Man, that guy blows.
    Posted by prairiemike

Hey, I Think  You Jump To Detials So Soon.

You Don't Get It, Do You ?!! You Will Have To Wait - See And What Happen At Sept. 14 Until Dec. Or Jan. 2110  (Shall Find Out)

Relax, You Are So Easy Upset. I Think Everyone Don't Want To Hear For Crappy Bad Health.

Be Patient.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Tas:

Could it be that Brady was simply having - a rarity, I know - one of those days when absolutely nothing goes right....a circumstance made worse by the fact that (until this pre-season) he hasn't played football in almost 12 months? If this happens during the season opener, then I'll worry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I suppose I can hope that this is a problem (mentally) that will not work itself out too soon, but I think it is a bit of an empty hope. 

I think Brady's biggest mental hurdle will be stepping into a long throw or a hard throw.  And this one isn't a "is my knee stable enough" question.  Its a "is someone on the ground that can get to my knee as I step into this throw" question. 

When Brady got hit last year he took 3 steps forward from his deepest drop position awaiting the receiver getting open and to put the appropriate velocity on the ball. 

Tas - you may have a point, but as others have said (and I believe), he will work it out.

Sections
Shortcuts