Brady's playoff performance.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Brady's playoff performance.

Thomas Friedman rules: http://rolocroz.com/junk/friedman.html

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I know, pcmIV.  Tom Friedman, purveyor of platitudes to the petty bourgeoisie . . . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Did Rusty get banned again?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's playoff performance.:
    Posted by pcmIV

Looks like it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Posted by pcmIV

Looks like it. Too much speaking truth to power, I guess . . .Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

LOL Banned again!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I don't get who reports him.  I doubt it is any of us who debate him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What's funny is I kind of like the guy . . . if nothing else, he's endless entertainment . . .  don't really see why he should be banned, though I imagine calling people morons all the time probably violates some rule . . . 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What's funny is I kind of like the guy . . . if nothing else, he's endless entertainment . . .  don't really see why he should be banned, though I imagine calling people morons all the time probably violates some rule . . . 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Many many more people read these posts than ever post themselves. I don't doubt constantly bashing Brady and indirectly bashing BB grates on a lot of Pats' fans out there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe he gets himself banned on purpose--just to erase the record of all the ridiculous things he's said . . . 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Babe are you trying to give Rusty another nervous break down? I mean this is a five star athlete we're tasking about here! Why would you want to rile up a guy that clearly is a superior being? This guy understands not only the heart and soul of sports, but also how to manage a fortune 500 company. Hell if he had governed the banking industry all our homes would be worth more than they are now and we wouldn't have to watch people move into the house next door for 70k less than you paid for yours.  This guy can also cook, manage nfl salary caps, type really fast, multi task and spell check everyone on here while selling pharmaceuticals (he produces big time, just ask his boss). He also went to college, did I already mention that?  Listen this guy knows we win despite Brady - he's the first to see this (which is an accomplishment all in of it self). He's the first guy to realize we win because of our long list of second round picks and Benny. He also knows that we win because of our "Money Ball" approach to defensive players...sign em off the street - leave them bending, but not breaking out there for 45 minutes and let the other team screw it all up. Why did you have to do this to Rusty? Whhhhy?
    Posted by mthurl

My thoughts were that Rusty could dazzle us with his impeccable reasoning skills as to why those kind of numbers were actually bad for the team and how running the ball at about 3 yards or so a pop was a recipe for Super Bowl dominance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What do his stats look like since their last super bowl win? 
    Posted by sporter81

As you can see his SB win years are pretty much equally distributed across the list of his top to bottom performances. No doubt his Ravens' games have been the very worst though (and oddly the Chargers next worst).

As you can also see his recent SB against the Giants was his 9th best ever in 22 playoff games.

Also notice 3 of his top 8 came in 2004 when he had an elite RB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's playoff performance. : As you can see his SB win years are pretty much equally distributed across the list of his top to bottom performances. No doubt his Ravens' games have been the very worst though (and oddly the Chargers next worst). As you can also see his recent SB against the Giants was his 9th best ever in 22 playoff games. Also notice 3 of his top 8 came in 2004 when he had an elite RB.
    Posted by BabeParilli

The thing that amazes me most about this list is the number of games on it, 22. How many guys get their teams to the playoffs that many times? Another thing I noticed was the final stats...something like 5k plus yards, 38 td's and 20 picks...not bad considering this is against the best teams in the NFL at that particular time (playoff teams). And how many of those 22 games did he win, maybe 17 of them? He's got to be getting close to some major playoff records - if he doesn't have some already.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I'm so tired about hearing how they should have ran the ball more. BJGE had one run of 7 yards, and all the rest were 2-4 or negative. The Giants front seven were not going to let them move the chains on the ground. Since they didn't need to commit anyone deep and Gronk was able to be kept in check with a LB all their usual stuff was well covered. They executed a great game plan by eating up huge chunks of clock and pinning NE inside their own 20 all night. They were able to run the ball against weaker defenses, but that was not the case in the SB. Even though Brady made some mistakes, they had the lead and the ball with 4 minutes left. A few dropped passes and a defense who couldn't stop anyone late in the game was their demise. It was close, and a couple plays going the other way would have changed the outcome. Brady is "pass-happy" because that is what worked for this team all year long. In the big games you need to be able to make some kind of stop on defense! Not one three and out, or even stopping the Giants in their own territory. Had Brady had two more drives to work with they may have done something. The whole team underperformed, though it was by no means a "choke job" or a terrible game. We were outmanned and outplayed, simple as that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm so tired about hearing how they should have ran the ball more. BJGE had one run of 7 yards, and all the rest were 2-4 or negative. The Giants front seven were not going to let them move the chains on the ground. Since they didn't need to commit anyone deep and Gronk was able to be kept in check with a LB all their usual stuff was well covered. They executed a great game plan by eating up huge chunks of clock and pinning NE inside their own 20 all night. They were able to run the ball against weaker defenses, but that was not the case in the SB. Even though Brady made some mistakes, they had the lead and the ball with 4 minutes left. A few dropped passes and a defense who couldn't stop anyone late in the game was their demise. It was close, and a couple plays going the other way would have changed the outcome. Brady is "pass-happy" because that is what worked for this team all year long. In the big games you need to be able to make some kind of stop on defense! Not one three and out, or even stopping the Giants in their own territory. Had Brady had two more drives to work with they may have done something. The whole team underperformed, though it was by no means a "choke job" or a terrible game. We were outmanned and outplayed, simple as that.
    Posted by Bubthegrub12

Before the wackos jump on you I'll point out BJGE had a 17 yard gain that upped his average per carry a whole lot.

Minus that run he averaged 3 yards a carry. The run freaks will tell you that you can't subtract that, but I believe BB surely does.

He isn't looking at the run as an average. He's looking at what he can typically expect the situation for the offense to be after running on a given play. If he runs on first down and we get 4 yards then the options are very good. But if he gets 2 or less he has wasted a down and his options are very limited. So he's looking at the effectiveness of the running agme as what can he typically expect from it on a given play. In the SB he was typically going to see the run put the offense in a more difficult position than a better position, so he relegated the run game to a simple keep them honest only mode.

And yes, the bottom line is at the end if the D gets the stop we win the SB. There is no denying that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

nd yes, the bottom line is at the end if the D gets the stop we win the SB. There is no denying that. 

or if the offense drives down and scores in the last 57 seconds, no denying that either... the game is 60 minutes long and all 60 minutes count.. right

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

nd yes, the bottom line is at the end if the D gets the stop we win the SB. There is no denying that.  or if the offense drives down and scores in the last 57 seconds, no denying that either... the game is 60 minutes long and all 60 minutes count.. right
    Posted by sporter81

Or if the D manged a turnover or two. Or if the D didn't negate a huge turnover with a bush league penalty. Or if the D didn't let the Giants control the clock the whole game. How far back do you want to go into the game to find blame?

The fact is at the final moment of truth the D not only failed to get the winning stop but left next to nothing on the clock for the O to try to salvage the win.

If you think getting a TD with 57 seconds left on a long field is an easy feat you're sadly mistaken.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's playoff performance. : Or if the D manged a turnover or two. Or if the D didn't negate a huge turnover with a bush league penalty. Or if the D didn't let the Giants control the clock the whole game. How far back do you want to go into the game to find blame? The fact is at the final moment of truth the D not only failed to get the winning stop but left next to nothing on the clock for the O to try to salvage the win. If you think getting a TD with 57 seconds left on a long field is an easy feat you're sadly mistaken.
    Posted by BabeParilli

ok, let me ask .. do you think that the entire reason that the Patriots lost was because of the defense or was it a combination of offense, defense, and special teams. I think that it was all three phases..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's playoff performance. : ok, let me ask .. do you think that the entire reason that the Patriots lost was because of the defense or was it a combination of offense, defense, and special teams. I think that it was all three phases..
    Posted by sporter81

I think in a close game you can point to a dozen reasons for the loss. But the end is critical whatever the situation you are left with. The offense not getting a couple of 1st downs on the possession before the D fail put the D on the spot. But it was the D who was on the spot.

Hold them to a FG with 1.5 minutes left and I like our chances a lot to win with the O. (not to mention we would have won our 4th SB)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's playoff performance. : I think in a close game you can point to a dozen reasons for the loss. But the end is critical whatever the situation you are left with. The offense not getting a couple of 1st downs on the possession before the D fail put the D on the spot. But it was the D who was on the spot.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Ok, I agree..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's playoff performance. : Ok, I agree..
    Posted by sporter81

Believe me. I wish the D got that stop. They would be the heroes and much of the criticism they received would be negated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's playoff performance. : Believe me. I wish the D got that stop. They would be the heroes and much of the criticism they received would be negated.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Me too man, me too.. I'm hoping that they can get some big time play makers through the draft and free agency. Maybe a wideout too. They would dominate..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's playoff performance. : Me too man, me too.. I'm hoping that they can get some big time play makers through the draft and free agency. Maybe a wideout too. They would dominate..
    Posted by sporter81

I'm hoping Ridley gets the nod from BB and shows his promise is for real. I hope McCourty reverts back to all-pro form. And WR was a huge deficit for the passing game. Add in some nice additions through the draft and FAs and the future's so bright we have to wear shades.

Sections
Shortcuts