Brady's Postseasons By Comparison (Weis vs McD and OB)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Brady's Postseasons By Comparison (Weis vs McD and OB)

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Pezzy, what is your opinion on this?

During any NFL season, Friday is Bill Belichick’s best day of the week. He’s finished with game preparation and talks about football. His love of the game emerges. Here’s a little of what he said on the Friday before the Jets game: “When I was in high school in Annapolis, I played for Al Laramore, who was Maryland coach of the year . . . We won a ton of games and we ran four plays: 22 Power, 24 Quick Trap, 28 Counter, and Sprint Right and that was it. When we ran them to the other side, we just flipped formation. The whole line flipped and the play went the other way; 22 Power, 24 Quick Trap, 28 Counter, and Sprint Left. That was the entire offense . . . Then went I went to Andover and played for Steve Sorota . . . the quarterback called his own plays. They didn’t send them in; they didn’t tell him what to call. They got in the huddle and he may have asked for a suggestion from me or Ernie [Adams] or somebody, but he called whatever he wanted to call and that was the offense.’’ Belichick went on and on that day, giving answers longer than Kennedy’s inaugural address. It was like reading David Halberstam’s “The Education of a Coach.’’ Wish he shared this stuff more often.

[/QUOTE]

What is your point.  So Andover had ONE QB call his own plays.... And????

Do you think when they painstakenly game play every week they say  "tom, you call what ever you want"... Oh my!

Do you think Loaggie made an error when he said if you don't do good (run game) then the coaches won't call for the run.  Did he really mean Brady won't call the run?

Quit with the ridiuculous, bs.   And please do something about that OCD because that is what you have.  Go to a DR and tell him you are on BDC all day and all night and can't go 2 minutes without bashing Tom Brady and see what he tells you.  Go ahead, DO IT!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

My point is you said it's impossible that Brady calls his own plays. What's hilarious is BB actually played on a team in the late 1960s that had a QB who called his own plays.

Throw in the fact that we know Peyton Manning and Brady basically run their offenses almost exclusively, as much as any QB in this league, why you would put so little accountability on either one of them?

[/QUOTE]
    UMMM...because he doesn't.  He has the ability (because he has earned that trust) to change plays if he sees a favorable match-up but he does not call his own plays.

Do you yell FIRE, every time you see some one light up a cigarette? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

Re: Brady's Postseasons By Comparison (Weis vs McD and OB)...Rusty=TROLL

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My point is you said it's impossible that Brady calls his own plays. What's hilarious is BB actually played on a team in the late 1960s that had a QB who called his own plays.

Throw in the fact that we know Peyton Manning and Brady basically run their offenses almost exclusively, as much as any QB in this league, why you would put so little accountability on either one of them?

[/QUOTE]
    UMMM...because he doesn't.  He has the ability (because he has earned that trust) to change plays if he sees a favorable match-up but he does not call his own plays.

Do you yell FIRE, every time you see some one light up a cigarette? 

[/QUOTE]

Of course you are right.

But Rusty can't admit that, because that KOs his feeble agenda. He has to somehow point a finger at someone else other than BB as the perpetrator who violates his cockamamie claim that us willingly throwing 40+ times is our great shortcoming. (His rule which btw I have destroyed with my challenge that he never dares answer.) Since he has crowned BB the greatest HC AND GM of all-time it would look stupid for him to point that way.

So he spins this insane yarn that Brady is changing the plays but BB is powerless to stop him. Why not? He constantly bashes Brady's HOF production for us already. Why not blame him for ruining the play calling too? He can't allow that the HC might actually be in charge of the directions the team goes.

The funniest thing is he probably thinks somebody with a brain would believe his BS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

You have to try to use a run game.  When you don't or activate Ridley in a SB (now 3rd in the NFL in rushing, mostly without pick up truck rancher Mankie), there isn't anything poor about that.

It just wasn't used via Brady's desires of what HE felt was best.

[/QUOTE]

Wow your condition as Babe put is really is getting worse. You are like an old man just slowly dying and losing his brain at the same time. The thing is mostly everyone here thinks you are crazy now. It used to be just the smart football fans that realized this but now even your little supporters call you a troll and delusional. You have decided to  see this thing all the way through and I commend you for that for sticking to your guns but for the life of me, cant understand you proclaiming to be a FAN, yet choosing the BEST player on the team to have an agenda with. Why not pick on one of the DBs??  I mean it would only take a couple series for them to make you right. Brady is too good and your argument has gone from Brady being bad to now only being bad in postseason after He has ABSOLUTELY LIT IT UP LAST WEEK! and you have NO argument but you continue to Harp on the past and make the most asinine comments I have ever seen. This one I will Archive..

"Ridley didnt play in the SB because Brady didnt want him to"

LMAO! ....sais a lot about that Hall of Fame coach that he doesnt even make personell decisions in the biggest game of the year. Do  YOU know something we dont? IS Brady really the H.C, the G.M. and O.C. and QB and we are just paying BB 5 mill/year to pace the sidelines and yell at the refs???   Wow, I missed that one.  Seriously, I am being sincere. Stop coming to the board and get back on track with your therapist. I know thats where u first heard the words "insecure" and "Irrational" for a guy with a College degree, your vocab sure is limited...   and why go to college all those years to be a salesman?? I mean anyone can do that. Its a Chit job trying to sell people stuff. It takes the gift of Gab, not some fancy degree. U wasted your parents money Bro! Go back to therapy and use ur parents money wisely.   Now go ahead and make your same ol' H.S. drop out comeback...lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It seems that way but nobody else I'd rather have. Wasn't he like 10-0 to start? Hes thrown more interceptions the past few years in playoff games but I'm not sure why because he's thrown less in the regular season than he did his first 5 years.

Its hard to figure out why, it sure doesn't look like his skills have eroded much. The loss to the Jets in that 2010  playoff game wasn't just Brady, the whole team came out flat. The tight end dropped pass in the end zone killed them. Much as I hate to say it I'd put that one on coaching, they were too confident and got beat by an inferior team.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's not hard to figure out why.  I've explained it many times and all the sources are in this very thread, most of it in the 1st post as to why.

[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for the answer to that simple math question I asked you last night. 

Figure it out yet?

Meanwhile, here's what Mankins said about the running backs today. 

No wonder you don't like him, even he's bashing you. LOL

On the Pats running the football as successfully as they have.
    "Every year we've wanted to, it's just sometimes we didn't. A lot of that goes on the players. If you don't do it good, the coach isn't going to keep calling it
    . I think this year we've been pretty productive, and it goes down to the backs. The backs have been outstanding. [Stevan] Ridley's run great, breaks a lot of tackles, and the line's done a pretty good job, the tight ends have done a good job, and we've hit a lot of longer runs this year too. And that goes down to the receivers getting blocks downfield, it's just a good team effort on that, and when everyone is doing the right thing it's been pretty good."

[/QUOTE]

Ouch!  Just kill yo self now Rusty....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I agree with Pro, Brady = problem is just plain dumb.

However.....

[/QUOTE]

The other thing you need to take into consideration is just how badly our O line was beat in both 2007 and 2011 by the Giants' front seven.  There's a tendency to ignore that, but teams have learned to put Brady under more pressure over the years more effectively.  That's a huge part of why, against certain teams, the Pats offense has floundered.

.... any mistake hurts.

[/QUOTE] Apply more pressure to ANY NFL QB and they have a tendancy to make more mistakes or just aren't as effective as one would expect.  Why is it that so many seem to think this only happens to Brady?  We hear it time and time again from the talking heads about the way to beat Brady is put pressure on him.  Duh!!  Insert any QB's name in that line.   All in all if it weren't for late game collapses by the Pats D, we'd see FIVE Lombardis in the trophy case, possibly six if one includes the 2006 AFCCG collapse.

[/QUOTE]

Can you seriously name a team that ignores the run in the postseason like we have, mostly because the passing weaponry is so good that offene didn't really have to use a run game due to the weaponry itself?

We're talking like maybe 2 other offense in recent years you could argue for. NOs and GB.  That's it, but even they have to make sure they include Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell, Reggie Bush, etc, in 2009, 2010 and how GB still made sure they include John Kuhn and Starks in 2010.  It's not like they pretended their scatback in 2010 was a lead back like we do with Woodhead. 

Confused as to why Rodgers doesn't look as good  this year with no run game at all?  You shouldn't be!

[/QUOTE]

C'mon Russ..are you back on Brady is the OC kick again? So it was all Brady's doing to drop back 45 times in the SB? You don't think BB nor McDaniel playes a role here in playcalling ? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I agree with Pro, Brady = problem is just plain dumb.

However.....

[/QUOTE]

The other thing you need to take into consideration is just how badly our O line was beat in both 2007 and 2011 by the Giants' front seven.  There's a tendency to ignore that, but teams have learned to put Brady under more pressure over the years more effectively.  That's a huge part of why, against certain teams, the Pats offense has floundered.

.... any mistake hurts.

[/QUOTE] Apply more pressure to ANY NFL QB and they have a tendancy to make more mistakes or just aren't as effective as one would expect.  Why is it that so many seem to think this only happens to Brady?  We hear it time and time again from the talking heads about the way to beat Brady is put pressure on him.  Duh!!  Insert any QB's name in that line.   All in all if it weren't for late game collapses by the Pats D, we'd see FIVE Lombardis in the trophy case, possibly six if one includes the 2006 AFCCG collapse.

[/QUOTE]

Can you seriously name a team that ignores the run in the postseason like we have, mostly because the passing weaponry is so good that offene didn't really have to use a run game due to the weaponry itself?

We're talking like maybe 2 other offense in recent years you could argue for. NOs and GB.  That's it, but even they have to make sure they include Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell, Reggie Bush, etc, in 2009, 2010 and how GB still made sure they include John Kuhn and Starks in 2010.  It's not like they pretended their scatback in 2010 was a lead back like we do with Woodhead. 

Confused as to why Rodgers doesn't look as good  this year with no run game at all?  You shouldn't be!

[/QUOTE]

C'mon Russ..are you back on Brady is the OC kick again? So it was all Brady's doing to drop back 45 times in the SB? You don't think BB nor McDaniel playes a role here in playcalling ? 

[/QUOTE]

Brady chooses his plays, so yes. He gets multiple plays called in and then he chooses one. Sometimes he calls out the 2 in the huddle for the audible to the other play. BUt, 9/10 he's in the shotgun in these situations.

Put it together, dude.

"I prefer the shotgun." Tom Brady, WEEI 2010

[/QUOTE]

Name a good QB that does not like the shotgun.  Oh and I listened to that interview there was a lot more about the shotgun he talked about then just " I perfer the shotgun."  He said he likes the shot gun becuase it gives him more time to see the field and react to what is going on.  I think most QBs will say the same freaken thing .  Your like a broken doll, what was that IQ again?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It seems that way but nobody else I'd rather have. Wasn't he like 10-0 to start? Hes thrown more interceptions the past few years in playoff games but I'm not sure why because he's thrown less in the regular season than he did his first 5 years.

Its hard to figure out why, it sure doesn't look like his skills have eroded much. The loss to the Jets in that 2010  playoff game wasn't just Brady, the whole team came out flat. The tight end dropped pass in the end zone killed them. Much as I hate to say it I'd put that one on coaching, they were too confident and got beat by an inferior team.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's not hard to figure out why.  I've explained it many times and all the sources are in this very thread, most of it in the 1st post as to why.

[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for the answer to that simple math question I asked you last night. 

Figure it out yet?

Meanwhile, here's what Mankins said about the running backs today. 

No wonder you don't like him, even he's bashing you. LOL

On the Pats running the football as successfully as they have.
    "Every year we've wanted to, it's just sometimes we didn't. A lot of that goes on the players. If you don't do it good, the coach isn't going to keep calling it
    . I think this year we've been pretty productive, and it goes down to the backs. The backs have been outstanding. [Stevan] Ridley's run great, breaks a lot of tackles, and the line's done a pretty good job, the tight ends have done a good job, and we've hit a lot of longer runs this year too. And that goes down to the receivers getting blocks downfield, it's just a good team effort on that, and when everyone is doing the right thing it's been pretty good."

[/QUOTE]

Ouch!  Just kill yo self now Rusty....

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you would make a suggestion like that.  40 years old, unemployed, loser.  lol

Isn't it funny that Logie Mankins plays, we lose when Brady drops back 40+ times, but when he doesn't we run with Dan Connolly or now Donald Thomas and we win?

I am pretty sure Logie can chime in when he actually plays well for once against the better Ds.

You want to talk about overrated.....Look no further than #70. All talk a name on a jersey with a rep he's lived off of because of facial hair, bein ornery and driving a 20 year old pick up truck.

How about this? How about you block consitently? The day Logie can explain why he isn't very good in games is the day that Jay Shizzly/TripleOG gets himself a real job with that GED of his.

[/QUOTE]

I think Logie is a bit overated too so we agree here but its hard to tell why he isnt the same when he plays on a torn ACL and noone knows. Logan should be an asset to our running game and I have no idea why we perform better without him but if not injury then Im sure BB sees the same but they must like something cuz he got paid after talking bad about the organization so Hey!  Blame Brady right?  I mean he decides who gets signed and we know he made Kraft sign him to all that money...  j/p  hee hee.   As fof my GED, I guess thats a diff. comeback so kudos but the thing is unless you went to school for football analysis(which u didnt) then your educational accolades are meaningless here.