Brady's Postseasons By Comparison (Weis vs McD and OB)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't really want to bother reading your half wit thread...so I didn't, but I will comment just the same. You are a MORON. Any questions? Bueller..Bueller?

FACT, we never get to one single Super Bowl without Brady here in the last 12 years. Period. We are witnessing perhaps the greatest run by an NFL quarterback in the history of the game. He has had to play without the benefit of a good defense for five years now. The cast that surrounds him on offense has changed so much and all he has done is make guys into stars. What type of career does Ben Jarvus Freaken Ellis have without Brady taking the heat off of him? He would be flipping Burgers...like he will be doing when Cincy cuts him next year. How did Branch's career go without Tom? How about Reche Caldwell? Hey, did Randy Moss ever have a season like he did with Tom? Has he done anything since? Christ even Corey Dillon had a career year playing with Tom. Antoine Smith actually had a career playing with Tom. Givens parlayed his time here into a 30 million dollar contract.

You are beyond dumb. Can you spell check this thing for me dumbo? It's all you are capable of.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

[QUOTE]

I didn't really want to bother reading your half wit thread...so I didn't, but I will comment just the same. You are a MORON. Any questions? Bueller..Bueller?

FACT, we never get to one single Super Bowl without Brady here in the last 12 years. Period. We are witnessing perhaps the greatest run by an NFL quarterback in the history of the game. He has had to play without the benefit of a good defense for five years now. The cast that surrounds him on offense has changed so much and all he has done is make guys into stars. What type of career does Ben Jarvus Freaken Ellis have without Brady taking the heat off of him? He would be flipping Burgers...like he will be doing when Cincy cuts him next year. How did Branch's career go without Tom? How about Reche Caldwell? Hey, did Randy Moss ever have a season like he did with Tom? Has he done anything since? Christ even Corey Dillon had a career year playing with Tom. Antoine Smith actually had a career playing with Tom. Givens parlayed his time here into a 30 million dollar contract.

You are beyond dumb. Can you spell check this thing for me dumbo? It's all you are capable of.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

Re: Brady's Postseasons By Comparison (Weis vs McD and OB)...Me and you Crusty. Loser leaves the board.

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am pretty sure you should learn how to use a computer and the interwebs before lecturing me on anything, troll.

The question is, which troll are you posting under a secondary board name? 

I'll take your inability to counter the facts for Brady's weaker postseasons (has nothing to do with our defense) as another Brady doll ordered for yourself.  Enjoy that doll.

[/QUOTE]

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Brady's Postseasons By Comparison (Weis vs McD and OB)

[QUOTE]

I am certainly not trying to start another war here, but I am also convinced our board regulars here, the ones who really love Brady regardless of his play, don't know the facts.

In another thread, the one where he's obsessively trying to call me out, Babe wouldn't post Brady's postseason stats, and now we know why. 

For everyone else, this is merely a summary of facts based on reality, not perception. It's meant to end the "elephant in the room" arguments once and for all.   Anyone arguing after this, not only has a screw loose, but probably needs a proactive visit from the local authorities.

Since Babe is too lazy/sneaky to not post the stats I am asking for, here they are And no, Antowain Smith was not better or worse than BJGE.  They're examples of good, solid backs, so don't even think about using that pathetic argument to deflect from the facts.

Here are Brady's 2005-2011 stats in the postseason, which includes a total of 6 postseasons and 13 games:

27 TDs, 17 INTs

That's flat out unacceptable. A barometer for a good QB in this league is a 2:1 TD/INT ratio. It's the problem that ALL OF US used to point to with Gomer Manning and why he wasn't good in the postseason.  AndI am the crazy one, huh? I am crazy because I don't want my QB to channel Gomer Manning circa 2003 and a modern day Tony Romo? Really?

His QB rating in AFC Champ conference games, career, for example? 78.4 with 6 TDS and 7 INTS Read that again. Keep in mind, he had to leave the 2001 AFC title game. Again, this isn't good, but this number spiked dramatically because of his last 2 home AFC title games in 2007 (3 INTs) and 2011 (2 INTs).   At halftime last year, BJGE had 8 carries on 50 yards. Brady had already thrown ONE INT with BJGE as the lead back, but his 2nd was horrendous as we know.  NE couldn't put Baltimore away. The D bailed out Brady, who, he himself said he"sucked".   Objective people agree.

We're a long, long way from his 2004 AFC title game in Pittsburgh. The reason why it's dropped down to that is his last 2 AFC Title game (at home) he had 5 INTS thrown and he wasn't very good, so this proves the D bailed him out of each of the last 2 SBs to even GET to the SB. Again, not debatable.  We don't get to the SB in 2007 or 2011 without each D covering for Brady's poor performances.

These are the stats some of you don't want to see as you scramble around to scapegoat everyone else.

Now, by comparison, look at his 2001-2004 postseason stats with a committed run game and Weis not being a moron as an OC:

11 TDs, 3 INTs

Clearly, even the most rabid and loyal Bradyite, can see his postseason stats, although less productive in terms of amount of TDs (albeit, in half the postseasons), is a far, far better ratio. Facts, reality and stats do not lie.   That's a fantastic ratio and it also includes his early average 2001 postseason games (Snow Bowl game, @ Pitt where he didn't finish and the SB, where his numbers were pedestrain, but his game management was masterful).

This is not debatable anymore. He had ratings from 2001-2004 that average out to 91.52. 9 games, a 90 QBR. I'll take Brady, thanks very much. And guess what? THAT Brady leaned on a run game, whether it was Bills cast off Antowain Smith or a better than Smith Corey Dillon. Gee, I wonder why Brady's best postseason was 2004? Corey Dillon. That's why. A superior run game, made Brady even better. Gee! What a notion! 

I will take this Brady over any Brady you've seen in the postseason since 2005. If it's not the crappy Jaguars or Broncos at home, Brady has struggled. And why has he struggled? Because he throws too much, upping the odds that someone like a BJGE (or a Maroney) only gets a 3.0 YPC  at the end of the day and 12 carries, all while Brady throws more INTs, without establishing the run in the first half.

Just admit it and move one already. Brady needs to be better or we ain't winning jack squat. It's about Tom Brady and our OC and nothing else (barring the D not playing well themselves when the chips are on the table).

[/QUOTE]

Funny how you crow about his 11 TDs and 3 INTs from 2001 to 2004 in the playoffs junior.

When he has 10 TDs and 5 INTs in just his last FOUR playoff games.

Almost as much production in less than half the games.

In 2001 and 2003 combined he had 6 TDs and 3 INTs. Same ratio as his last 4 playoff games but only 60% of the production in 2 more games.

So really, the crux of your lame argument is cherry picking the 2005 season as a cutoff and holding the 2009 Ravens game against him when Welker was out and the whole team stank.

I will agree with one thing. A good running game helped him in your cherry picked cutoff of 2004 as a good running game helps any QB. But Larry Maroney and Benny doo weren't Corey Dillon of 2004.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Anybody who knows anything about football knows that Brady has not been the team's problem in either the regular season or the playoffs.  Sure he has his ups and downs like any player, but there have been so many obvious bigger problems around him that focusing on him to try to find some lame evidence that he's the major problem is just absurd.  

I suggest actually watching a game sometime.  The good news is there is hope for you--but you have to seek it:

What Is the Outlook for People With Delusional Disorder?

The outlook for people with delusional disorder varies depending on the person, the type of delusional disorder, and the person's life circumstances, including the availability of support and a willingness to stick with treatment.

Delusional disorder is typically a chronic (ongoing) condition, but when properly treated, many people with this disorder can find relief from their symptoms. Some people recover completely and others experience episodes of delusional beliefs with periods of remission.

Unfortunately, many people with this disorder do not seek help. It often is difficult for people with a mental disorder to recognize that they are not well. They also might be too embarrassed or afraid to seek treatment. Without treatment, delusional disorder can be a life-long illness.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Well I agree with Pro, Brady = problem is just plain dumb.

However, if you ignore the fact that our recent offensive philosophy of relying on Brady to throw more then he ever has, has had a negative impact on his post season INT rate then your head is in the sand.

Teams knowing we will throw a 2-1 ratio will drop back in coverage and it greatly increases their chances of catching tipped balls(which I swear is half of Brady's INT's) and being in the RPRT. You can only do that if you absolutely KNOW we will throw a large majority of the time....and they have done it.

11 tds -3 int's and 3 SB wins > then his 07 till now post season ratio of 18 tds - 11 ints(6 tds zero ints in Denver destruction) zero SB wins.

Pro, can you deny that Brady played better in the post season from 01-04 then he has from 07-11? He played better in a better offensive system which didn't over rely on him to win the games.

Just as you and Z-bo say the run game has no impact on the defense then the defense can have no impact on Brady's INT rate....right?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

However, if you ignore the fact that our recent offensive philosophy of relying on Brady to throw more then he ever has, has had a negative impact on his post season INT rate then your head is in the sand.

Teams knowing we will throw a 2-1 ratio will drop back in coverage and it greatly increases their chances of catching tipped balls(which I swear is half of Brady's INT's) and being in the RPRT. You can only do that if you absolutely KNOW we will throw a large majority of the time....and they have done it.

11 tds -3 int's and 3 SB wins > then his 07 till now post season ratio of 18 tds - 11 ints(6 tds zero ints in Denver destruction) zero SB wins.

Pro, can you deny that Brady played better in the post season from 01-04 then he has from 07-11? He played better in a better offensive system which didn't over rely on him to win the games.

Just as you and Z-bo say the run game has no impact on the defense then the defense can have no impact on Brady's INT rate....right?

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure he played that much better . . . I mean that interception against Carolina was as bad as anything he's thrown recently.  The big difference between now and then is the defense.  QBs make good plays and bad.  Brady (any year) makes mostly good. 

The other thing you need to take into consideration is just how badly our O line was beat in both 2007 and 2011 by the Giants' front seven.  There's a tendency to ignore that, but teams have learned to put Brady under more pressure over the years more effectively.  That's a huge part of why, against certain teams, the Pats offense has floundered.

What's happened more and more is one or two Brady mistakes now hurt us.  In the past, his few mistakes were usually overcome by other things.  But with a weak defense and spotty O-line play in the playoffs (usually because of injury), any mistake hurts.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

However.....

[/QUOTE]

The other thing you need to take into consideration is just how badly our O line was beat in both 2007 and 2011 by the Giants' front seven.  There's a tendency to ignore that, but teams have learned to put Brady under more pressure over the years more effectively.  That's a huge part of why, against certain teams, the Pats offense has floundered.

.... any mistake hurts.

[/QUOTE] Apply more pressure to ANY NFL QB and they have a tendancy to make more mistakes or just aren't as effective as one would expect.  Why is it that so many seem to think this only happens to Brady?  We hear it time and time again from the talking heads about the way to beat Brady is put pressure on him.  Duh!!  Insert any QB's name in that line.   All in all if it weren't for late game collapses by the Pats D, we'd see FIVE Lombardis in the trophy case, possibly six if one includes the 2006 AFCCG collapse.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

No.

The difference NOW is the league favors offenses and Brady has had loaded weaponry around him since 2007 (generally speaking). Yet, he's been WORSE against the good or great Ds. THAT is the difference.  The Chuck Rule in 2003 was brought back to the table, the owners want more points for more revenue and Goodell is over in London selling this game, ironically using the Patriots and their high flying offense to do so . The problem is, this offense is only worth its salt against mediocre or bad defenses.  Capiche?

2009, he gets a pass.

The whole reason my premise is the reason why we lost SB 42 and 46 is because the defenses are good or great in the postseason, generally speaking. It's a perfect case study for that reason. So, even if you clear out his 4 INTs vs Baltimore in 2009, I can point to his bloated 6 TDS against an injured and bad Denver D last divisional round.  See?  So, he had 20 TDs, and 13 INTs if you take away those two outlier examples.

That's STILL not a 2:1 ratio. You lose.  Any QB who can't hit 2:1 in this league is awful or at least subpar. 

Did you just mention how badly our O LIne was beaten in SB 42 and 46 with him dropping back 45+ times in each example?  And you still cannot these dots, Prolate? Really? Really?

Do you enjoy looking ignorant?

We've TOLD you WHY defenses have been able to pressure Brady more effectively in recent years, but you refuse to accept the reasons.    Why don't you just admit it?  I am giving you a clear opportunity here to admit it and move on and you won't do it. Still?

The facts sit right there in print. The reason why this thread isn't very busy is because all the BBWs can't defend Brady and the offense.   The TD/INT ratio proves that the shotgun spread base is not good enough.

[/QUOTE]

You don't get to decide when any one gets a pass.

The reason no one is responding to your BS is because it's just that.

You cherry pick a stat and oh, my, gloom and doom.  Why don't you look at the whole body of works.  Do you know they've won more play-off games than lost.  Nope you must not.

Do you know that ints are not solely the fault of the QB?   A number of breakdowns can cause them including bad O line play, a receiver running a wrong route, a ball clanging off a recievers helmet or bounces off their hands only to fall in the awaiting defenders arms. I've seen them all  Have you? 

Also, yes , having a pathetic D can put too much pressure on an O.  It can and it does and has been for years. It's not normal to have to score 30+ every game, just to win. They are having to score 10 more points than the rest of the league's average, because of the D.  When they don't they lose and that's pathetic.  PATHETIC!!!

Your Brady bashing is ridiculous.  No one cares what you say any more.

Just keep digging a bigger hole, who cares!  The only one it's hurting is you.

Meanwhile, when we are all proudly watching TB inducted into the HOF, you can sit there rocking back and forth, with your thumb in your mouth and screaming, "He doesn't deserve it, I have proof".

Have fun with that!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

However.....

[/QUOTE]

.... any mistake hurts.

[/QUOTE] Apply more pressure to ANY NFL QB and they have a tendancy to make more mistakes or just aren't as effective as one would expect.  Why is it that so many seem to think this only happens to Brady?  We hear it time and time again from the talking heads about the way to beat Brady is put pressure on him.  Duh!!  Insert any QB's name in that line.   All in all if it weren't for late game collapses by the Pats D, we'd see FIVE Lombardis in the trophy case, possibly six if one includes the 2006 AFCCG collapse.

[/QUOTE]

Can you seriously name a team that ignores the run in the postseason like we have, mostly because the passing weaponry is so good that offene didn't really have to use a run game due to the weaponry itself?

We're talking like maybe 2 other offense in recent years you could argue for. NOs and GB.  That's it, but even they have to make sure they include Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell, Reggie Bush, etc, in 2009, 2010 and how GB still made sure they include John Kuhn and Starks in 2010.  It's not like they pretended their scatback in 2010 was a lead back like we do with Woodhead. 

Confused as to why Rodgers doesn't look as good  this year with no run game at all?  You shouldn't be!

[/QUOTE]

Again, who is the coaching staff that allows this? How can you say BB is the greatest coach ever then backhand how he coaches?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

Hi Pezzy!  Nice to see you come in here and fail to counter the facts, too.  Hey, I admit I was shocked at his TD/INT ratio since 2005, too, but I can see by your defensive reaction, that you think it's worse than you expected as well.

Funny how that works.  You're angry at the truth and then can't even muster a decent retort.

lol

So, we have 1 troll appearance and 3 total Irrationals so far chiming in next to True Champ and myself.

[/QUOTE]

So when are you going to face the fact that BB is the head coach and he is responceable for how this team has failed in your eyes.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hi Pezzy!  Nice to see you come in here and fail to counter the facts, too.  Hey, I admit I was shocked at his TD/INT ratio since 2005, too, but I can see by your defensive reaction, that you think it's worse than you expected as well.

Funny how that works.  You're angry at the truth and then can't even muster a decent retort.

lol

So, we have 1 troll appearance and 3 total Irrationals so far chiming in next to True Champ and myself.

[/QUOTE]

So when are you going to face the fact that BB is the head coach and he is responceable for how this team has failed in your eyes.

[/QUOTE]

I think you mean "responsible".

He hasn't failed. Do you really expect BB to hold Tom Brady's hand? He can control wild throws, Brady lobbing INTs on 1st downs in crirtical situations, etc? How is this (execution) on BB?

[/QUOTE]

Becuase via you, its the lack of running game that has caused this mess, and since BB didn't comit to the run it is his failure.  Not taking controll of his QB as a coach is his fialure if that it the case.  Having to alter a game plan when your QB is having a hard time and bad day is the coaches job.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]

Does anyone think the BBWs will chime in and try to spin away on this one?

[/QUOTE]

The word "women" is already plural, so it would not need the extra "s" you provided.  Secondly, I'm at a loss to understand why "Big, Beautiful Women" would be any more likely to offer a biased opinion on this matter.  Personal predilections of this nature are probably better posted elsewhere.

Glad I could help.

25. This post has been removed.