Brady's Postseasons By Comparison (Weis vs McD and OB)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Brady's Postseasons By Comparison (Weis vs McD and OB)

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In another thread, the one where he's obsessively trying to call me out, Babe wouldn't post Brady's postseason stats, and now we know why. 

[/QUOTE]

For the record junior, I had to go to Greenfield MA to do that job you say I don't have. Had to do some PM/inspections that were overdue. That's the only reason I didn't repond for a few hours. But then, I did refute your foolish claims when I returned.

I'm leaving in a few for Claremont, NH to do the same thing on that job I don't have.

Everybody on the board calls you out, because you are completely FOS all the time.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The simple answer to this 8 page thread of why the stas hve been worse is that post season football is different than regular season .

weis knew this and constantly mixed and evolved the ofnse along with a running game.

newbies mcd and obie tried to force their regular season success into the play-offs and (surprise ...)  you have a good defense stacked against your tendencies.

Weis anticipated this and had an answer for it.  The newbies didn't have enough big game experience to make the adjustments .  SB 42 was the crime of the century ... Ya think we might need a few plays to counteract a good pass rush...? Like ya can't see that coming ...? 

[/QUOTE]

:) +1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Pats fans OFF THIS BOARD mostly agree with me, not with them.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry junior. I participate and scan a few other Pats' boards and nobody is calling a bad D good and Brady the problem. Really, it's just you doing that.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

You can't pin it on Brady since nobody wants it more plus he's working within a limited gameplan that puts too much burden on him to win the game when a more evolved gameplan would have been the difference.

PATS were favored to win both games.  They should have won. Bottom line, no big game wins since Weis left.... Hmmm...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In another thread, the one where he's obsessively trying to call me out, Babe wouldn't post Brady's postseason stats, and now we know why. 

[/QUOTE]

For the record junior, I had to go to Greenfield MA to do that job you say I don't have. Had to do some PM/inspections that were overdue. That's the only reason I didn't repond for a few hours. But then, I did refute your foolish claims when I returned.

I'm leaving in a few for Claremont, NH to do the same thing on that job I don't have.

Everybody on the board calls you out, because you are completely FOS all the time.

[/QUOTE]

That's great. I am glad you inspected someone's elevator.

[/QUOTE]

Don't do elevators junior. PLC driven machinery mostly. And the inspections are a minor part of the work. It's usually troubleshooting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Belichicks arrogance plays in here since he MINIMIZED the OC position after Weis left in 2005 . He refused to name an OC and stated contemptfully to the media :

"The plays will get called..."

little did he know that big game deficiencies would show up...  He might have been taking his defense for granted, again trying to minimize the importance of OC strategy and execution .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The fellating of Charlie Weiss really needs to stop.  The best offense that Weiss fielded was in 2004 when we had one of the top rushing attacks in the NFL.  In 2003 we had one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL ranking near the bottom in yards and ypc.  Our lead back had 642 rushing yards.  In the playoffs that year we passed 41, 37 and 48 times in our 3 victories.  In both years we won the SB yet we ran the ball a lot in only one.  There are probably many explanations for this, but I think this quote from BB earlier this year illuminates at least one of them.

Belichick was asked if the days of the bellcow running back are officially over, and his response was pretty sharp.  "I'm for whatever helps us win" he said.  "If it's 500 quarterback sneaks, if that's the best thing for us, then I'm all for it.  If that's the best thing we can do to win, then sign me up for it."  Informed that since Corey Dillon in 2004, the Patriots haven't had a bellcow, Belichick deadpanned, "Corey Dillon was good enough to do it.  If Corey Dillon of 2004 was on this roster, I'm sure he'd get it 300 times too.  I haven't seen Corey out there lately."

If you want more proof look at the offense O'Brien is running at Penn State.  On the season McGloin has passed on a little over 53% of their offensive plays (and that's not counting all of the QB rushes which isn't entirely correct since he has 5 rushing TD's on the season and some are designed runs).  Apparently he doesn't  have any problem calling run plays there.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The fellating of Charlie Weiss really needs to stop.  The best offense that Weiss fielded was in 2004 when we had one of the top rushing attacks in the NFL.  In 2003 we had one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL ranking near the bottom in yards and ypc.  Our lead back had 642 rushing yards.  In the playoffs that year we passed 41, 37 and 48 times in our 3 victories.  In both years we won the SB yet we ran the ball a lot in only one.  There are probably many explanations for this, but I think this quote from BB earlier this year illuminates at least one of them.

Belichick was asked if the days of the bellcow running back are officially over, and his response was pretty sharp.  "I'm for whatever helps us win" he said.  "If it's 500 quarterback sneaks, if that's the best thing for us, then I'm all for it.  If that's the best thing we can do to win, then sign me up for it."  Informed that since Corey Dillon in 2004, the Patriots haven't had a bellcow, Belichick deadpanned, "Corey Dillon was good enough to do it.  If Corey Dillon of 2004 was on this roster, I'm sure he'd get it 300 times too.  I haven't seen Corey out there lately."

If you want more proof look at the offense O'Brien is running at Penn State.  On the season McGloin has passed on a little over 53% of their offensive plays (and that's not counting all of the QB rushes which isn't entirely correct since he has 5 rushing TD's on the season and some are designed runs).  Apparently he doesn't  have any problem calling run plays there.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. As I pointed out to Rusty, if you plug in that 2004 post-season into any group of years the numbers will be tilted favorably. Lumping that in with 2001-2003 makes the other two look very good indeed. In reality those two are about as good as the later post-season years he derides.

Just a stat manipulation. If he wants to say 2004 with a stud like Dillon for a runner allowed Brady's best post-season, I sure wouldn't argue with that. I haven't seen that kind of runner for a long time. It's been Brady and a couple of receivers carrying the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and as an Irish fan BOY did he suck at ND

[/QUOTE]

Great recruiter.  Fielded some pretty good offenses.  Couldn't coach defense for beans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Check back later after he wins a big game against  a top ranked team.  Plus comparing college to NFL doesn't usually work either.  Bottom line is wins and losses, like bb says.  Except he's generalizing ... And dodging a question like he always does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Also... Stating a fact such as the big game failure of this offense since 2004 when Weis left is simply a fact.  That's not fellating.  also the discrepancies in experience with the newbies is another fact .

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. As I pointed out to Rusty, if you plug in that 2004 post-season into any group of years the numbers will be tilted favorably. Lumping that in with 2001-2003 makes the other two look very good indeed. In reality those two are about as good as the later post-season years he derides.

Just a stat manipulation. If he wants to say 2004 with a stud like Dillon for a runner allowed Brady's best post-season, I sure wouldn't argue with that. I haven't seen that kind of runner for a long time. It's been Brady and a couple of receivers carrying the team.

[/QUOTE]

I really think it's time to run another Benny week 9 thread. I really do. I'll be sure to chime in.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

I think I'll start an Antowain Smith one then and we can check in on his overweight azs down in Texas at age 40.

He's got 2 rings and isn't any better than BJGE was here.

He just got more carries here under Weis. That's the difference. Glad I could expose another moron who doesn't know the game.

All of a sudden a Bills castoff named Antowain Smith is somehow vastly superior to what BJGE did here in 2010 and at the start of 2011, before getting hurt. Laughable.

[/QUOTE]

Antowain Smith in 2001 was most definitely better than BJGE ever was here.  He put up almost 1200 yards and 12 TDs on a team that had an inferior OL and skill players and a rookie QB.  The guy was a 1st round pick for a reason.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

I think I'll start an Antowain Smith one then and we can check in on his overweight azs down in Texas at age 40.

He's got 2 rings and isn't any better than BJGE was here.

He just got more carries here under Weis. That's the difference. Glad I could expose another moron who doesn't know the game.

All of a sudden a Bills castoff named Antowain Smith is somehow vastly superior to what BJGE did here in 2010 and at the start of 2011, before getting hurt. Laughable.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess you can continue to post laughable insight! Smith was a first round pick that ran a 4.4 forty at 225lbs - who stumbled on a bad Bill's team. He also is the same guy that convinced the best GM ever to give him a multi million dollar contract extension (something BJGE couldn't do). So to recap...he was bigger, faster, and stronger. One more time...he was bigger, faster and stronger. I know all that means nothing to you, but it did to every draft expert and at least one football team (plus us), which is more than you can say for the undrafted Benny.

What's Benny ranked this season in rushing yards? 25th? Worse? Last year there 47 runners that had a better ypc average than him..think about that. 

25. This post has been removed.