Brady's replacement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Brady's replacement

I know its early but Brady wont be here forever and with only one other QB on the roster,its almost certain the Pats will use a pick in Aprils draft on a QB.This kid hasnt declared yet, but if he does,GM's around the league will regret passing on Jake Locker University of Washington.Althought not one the Pats bigger offseason needs(O-line LB's and Pass Rushing End come to mind),BB has been know to go against the grain when there is a particular player who catches his eye.If Tom Brady will be compared to Joe Montana,then I believe Jake Locker could someday draw comparisons to Steve Young.Let the Naysayers hurl their venom at this post if u feel the need but unlike most the bandwagon jumping fans.I'd rather drive the wagon then crowd in the back.I only hope his stock doesnt rise too high after the combines for the Raiders 1st rounder wont be until 2011.(that  would be the only saving grace to his returning for an extra year at UW).Since I'm perusing the Pac 10 this month,I have to agree with the Hype surrounding Tody Gerhart.......STUD,FOOTBALL PLAYER,BB type of guy!!! Any concerns over his durability should be put to rest considering his NFL workload will not consist of 25 to 30 carries a game,even though  he is highly capable....A more athletic Mike Alstott. Putting him in the same backfield as Maroney could create an NFL version of SMU's famed Pony Express.......Wake me man,I thinks Im dreaming!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Re: Brady's replacement

i started a thread about when will brady retire yesterday and i think that brady has 6-7 more years left in the tank (if not more) it doesnt make sense to start grooming a replacement now.  if the pats picked up locker, he would likely be almost 30 by the time brady hangs up the cleats for good.

i like locker a lot, but i just dont see this happening this early.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Re: Brady's replacement

Yeah... I agree that we are still a few years away from grooming our next franchise QB.  Brady says he wants to play 10 more years and its possible with the rule changes and him being a pocket QB.

Only way you draft a QB earlier is if he slips like Quinn did.  Quinn had serious upside coming out of Notre Dame. I also think Ryan would've been hard to pass up had he been available at the 7th pick. (instead we picked Mayo at #10).