Brady's Salaries in 2009 and 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Brady's Salaries in 2009 and 2013

The Pats defense sucks.  Brady and his money isn't the problem.  Even if BB traded Brady for 2 first round picks, BB would trade them for 3 4th round picks and 3 7th round picks.  We would get some scrubs!  You fail justr as much as our defense does.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

brady can't make a play period

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Are you upset that Belichick did not pay market value in 2009 or that Belichick has repeatedly restructured and or extended Brady to create false cap room.  I think he did it again this year, no?  I recall Brady's cap was over 20 mil this year.  This is salary cap 101.  A cap hit in a particular year rarely has anything to do with the production associated with the player.  Never mind this year's cap hit, I'd be very concerned with his 46 million in dead money going forward.   You can only remortgage the house so many times before the bank comes calling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

A healthy Pats defense through Week 5 was arguably the best in the league.  Asking them to defend short fields on almost every drive due to a pathetic offense and a turnover prone, god awful BRADY does not help.

Another 3 and out for the offense out of halftime. Pathetic!

Brady is not worth his salary.  He must take a major paycut at the end of the year or be traded.

Arguably?  That part is correct. I'll argue that claim.  The Patriots defense led the NFL in nothing and had not faced a decent offense.  Not the best.  Maybe top 10, but doubtful.  Defenses are not ranked purely on turnovers aganst subpar offenses.  Sorry.  Prior to these defensive injuries you want to blame the falling sky on, the run D was giving up more than 4 yards per carry. That is not good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Are you upset that Belichick did not pay market value in 2009 or that Belichick has repeatedly restructured and or extended Brady to create false cap room.  I think he did it again this year, no?  I recall Brady's cap was over 20 mil this year.  This is salary cap 101.  A cap hit in a particular year rarely has anything to do with the production associated with the player.  Never mind this year's cap hit, I'd be very concerned with his 46 million in dead money going forward.   You can only remortgage the house so many times before the bank comes calling.

I am upset at bloated stats making it appear like Brady is a great QB in his prime worthy of 17 million.

He just threw low to a wide open Amendola as I type this.

Sure, I can see that.  That's a lot of money to pay one player.  Don't blame Brady, blame the guy who gave him all that money. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I am upset at bloated stats making it appear like Brady is a great QB in his prime worthy of 17 million.

Sure, I can see that.  That's a lot of money to pay one player.  Don't blame Brady, blame the guy who gave him all that money. 

Sanchez made 17 million in 2009. lmao

I'm not really sure why you think that is either accurate, it's not, or relevant, it's not, to a thread you started to whine about how your team's cap is managed. 

Sanchez' cap hit in 2009 was 2.5 mil.  He never had a cap hit of 17 mil.  Regardless, his numbers were set by draft position.  That's just the way it was.  It was actually a very good contract until they gauranteed 2013.  If you are going to post such drivel unrelated to the topic at hand, please do a little research first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

That doesn't make any sense because there are many QBs in the league right now who aren't worth what the market is currently bearing.

I would blame all the GMs who were forced to cave into the Brady kind of a contract.

As I type this, he just threw behind wide open Gronk.

Brady simply sucks. Sanchez level sucky.

The GM was forced to cave to Brady after drafting Mallet, but not to Welker?  GMs are not forced to do anything.  They do what they think is best for their team.  That's kind of their job.  Those that are both the GM and coach have no excuse. They see them in the field every day and truely know what they are getting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

The cap in 2009 was 122 million. Brady made 6 million that season.

In 2013, he makes over 15 million. The cap is 123 million.   That doesn't seem right. A far worse QB fundamentally and across the board, making twice+ with what he made when he was better in the past.

If we could fleece a team for 2 1st rd picks, we could improve the team simpy by trading away a player who isn't performing up to his contract, get a new QB in the draft (1st rd somewhere), and clear about a bunch of cap space so Brady's salary isn't looking as bad as it does right now.

The truth of his contract during the 2009 season is that it was near the end of his second contract and it was for about 10 mil per year.  The cap hit in 2009 is mostly irrelevant.  Then, in 2010 he was extended for about 18 mil per till 2014.  Belichick remortgaged that to 22 mil for 2013 and 2014, then again this year, spreading that money out for another 5 or 6 years, including the two remaining on that original 18 mil per year deal.  Seems that Belichick thought he was worth it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Wallbanger your a troll, get out of here. You are not a pats fan.

Sections
Shortcuts