Brady's Shoulder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Brady's Shoulder

For those "chicken littles" out there, you now have your ready made reason to cite if Brady were to have a bad game or two this season.

Tell me, what do any of you do when you bang your shin, pound your thumb with a hammer?  At that point you are sore, but the next day, you are back at it.  As many have already said, Brady fell awkwardly and had all the range of motion we would hope for when he was flexing the shoulder on the sidelines.  Name a football player who doesn't get sore after a good hit or has a 350 pound bull land on you!  It would certainly be different if he had walked to the sidelines with his arm held to the side.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston1974. Show boston1974's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's Shoulder:
    For those "chicken littles" out there, you now have your ready made reason to cite if Brady were to have a bad game or two this season. Tell me, what do any of you do when you bang your shin, pound your thumb with a hammer?  At that point you are sore, but the next day, you are back at it.  As many have already said, Brady fell awkwardly and had all the range of motion we would hope for when he was flexing the shoulder on the sidelines.  Name a football player who doesn't get sore after a good hit or has a 350 pound bull land on you!  It would certainly be different if he had walked to the sidelines with his arm held to the side.
    Posted by agcsbill

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston1974. Show boston1974's posts

If Brady didnt get hurt last season, this probably wouldnt be an issue, just chill out, he is fine, just sore. As far as the pats defense, people need to chill also, their run D was great, they just played a base defense, nothing more like belicjeck said, if you noticed the times they did blitz the got to the QB, ALA BURGESS, MAYO, GREEN. sO RELAX, 2.5 WEEKS BEFORE SEASON, THE OFFENSE WILL BE GREAT!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GroinLiqours. Show GroinLiqours's posts

17 days to heal...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12greg. Show 12greg's posts

In Response to Brady's Shoulder:
    Sprained shoulder? Torn muscle? Ive had several injuries to my shoulder, from my experiences I truely believe Brady just hyperextended his shoulder. He had full motion on the sidelines and was able to raise his arm to pass. If it was more serious injury he would want to hold his arm like if it was in a sling. Conclusion - Brady will be just fine...
    Posted by Boston-kyle

Is that DR. Kyle?????? cause I'm concerned...... and I have 2 drafts this weekend....any advice????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12greg. Show 12greg's posts

After watching the Pats-Skins game along with the rest of the pre-season it is fair to say: Kevin O'connell stinks! Walter needs more evaluation Maroney will NEVER be more than a second string back Fred Taylor is their best RB The Pats need some help at corner Ingram is the new long snapper Galloway will probably be cut
    Posted by viewer222

I actually think Green-Ellis is the best back they have..............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GroinLiqours. Show GroinLiqours's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's Shoulder : I actually think Green-Ellis is the best back they have..............
    Posted by 12greg

He is also playing against 2nd and mostly 3rd stringers all the time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

BB loves this.  He will use it to his advantage (at least that's how he thinks).  Will or won't Brady be ready for the opener?  Keep everyone guessing including the Bills.  Haven't we seen this before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I watched the replay a few times:

1. Was not a dirty hit...natural follow through.  Haynesworth actually held him, instead of slamming him down.

2. Brady Immediately grabbed his right shoulder in the rotator cuff area.

3. The way Brady Walked and Rotated his shoulder, I think it is not a separated shoulder, however, likely a sprain.

4. My Guess is ~ 2 weeks before it returns to full strength, however, he will not miss any regular season action.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Agreed, the Firm (Green-Ellis) is the best running back. Still needs to improve his blocking. Taylor showed the he was the best pocket blocking and game savvy guy on the offense last night.  

In Response to Re: Brady's Shoulder : I actually think Green-Ellis is the best back they have..............
    Posted by 12greg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

If this lingers and he can't B accaurate throwing the ball, KISS THE SEASON GOODBYE. Ever since the Chargers game when he got hurt, its like he got cursed now. I'm a season ticket holder, so I'm very discuraged about this injury. What the hell R we gona do 2 now? It could B not just the sholder thats hurt, It could B his elbow and the whole arm, how the hell do we know?
    As 4 what they reported about Matt Cassel and how he did last preseaon, He didn't not throw any Int's in the preseason, IT WAS THE LINE THAT WAS SHAKEY, not him. Thats the difference between him and O'connel. O'connel looked horriable, very very bad. I thought he was gona B good, I guess not. What the hell we gona do now 4 a back up QB? That why we should have took Mike "Scum of the earth" Vick as a up back Plan. EVERYBODY BETTER PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Sore Shoulder in Bill language means his shoulder got hit and its sore and he doesnt want to risk an injury simple as that
    Posted by Pancakespwn

Tom will be fine. In Bill language, sore shoulder could mean anything from a bruise to an amputation. Bill never lets out ANY info,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

ZigZag...I can't pray...I'm an agnostic...but I'll put on my #12 jersey and go sit by a babbling brook somewhere....I suggest you do the same....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

I'm not a fan of Brett Favre but he has the longest playing streak in Football history.. He is a quarterback who moves away from the play after release- not making any judgements about QB ability but I am making judgements about staying healthy.
    Posted by dennisboydOT

That is why Favre is an interception machine; fall away and toss a pop fly into crowds, then look the other way.....some "QB expert."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

BB loves this.  He will use it to his advantage (at least that's how he thinks).  Will or won't Brady be ready for the opener?  Keep everyone guessing including the Bills.  Haven't we seen this before.
    Posted by Kmax

You really think the Bills are going to waste time preparing for O'Connell?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Who cares what BB is thinking(I'm sick of it!!!),if this injury is bad or lingers, were fuked!!!!!!!

Remember how bad Frave was the last 5 games of the year, thats because his sholder needed surgury. That what we will have this year with Tom, I hope not, but who the hell knows...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from truefaith. Show truefaith's posts

I have very little confidence that the offensive line can or will protect Brady after seeing this. If he's taking hits like this in pre-season, he won't last long in regular season play. Matt Light saying hits like that are "part of the game" may be true, but it sure doesn't inspire trust in the guys that are supposed to stop that kind of thing. I have a bad feeling about this and even if he does fully recover in 2 weeks there's an entire season ahead. That BB and the rest of the team are so nonchalant about it certainly doesn't make me feel any better about how this season could play out. I'm hoping for the best, but it's hard to be positive when protecting Brady seems to be such a low priority.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

If the shoulder is "sore" after one hit, it must be worse than we fear.
    Of course, I'm always wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

[QUOTE]I have very little confidence that the offensive line can or will protect Brady after seeing this. 

I'm with truefaith. The O-line hasn't shown me much for a long time. Allowing TB to take nasty hits, and collapsing the pocket in preseason--not just this game--isn't acceptable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

In Response to Re: Brady's Shoulder : You really think the Bills are going to waste time preparing for O'Connell?
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard

Do I think the Bill's prepare for KO - Absolutely not.  In fact KO probably won't (shouldn't) make the team after that pittiful preformance.  Nothing positive to take from it.

I'm a full disclosure type person. 

BB is the paranoid, Cloak and Dagger, keep everything a secret person.  Thinking he gains some kind of competitive advantage from not releasing information.

That's what I thought I said in my post.  I will try to be more clear next time as to not create any confusion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

I have very little confidence that the offensive line can or will protect Brady after seeing this. If he's taking hits like this in pre-season, he won't last long in regular season play. Matt Light saying hits like that are "part of the game" may be true, but it sure doesn't inspire trust in the guys that are supposed to stop that kind of thing. I have a bad feeling about this and even if he does fully recover in 2 weeks there's an entire season ahead. That BB and the rest of the team are so nonchalant about it certainly doesn't make me feel any better about how this season could play out. I'm hoping for the best, but it's hard to be positive when protecting Brady seems to be such a low priority.
    Posted by truefaith

Excellent post truefaith,  This O-line could not protect Brady in 07 against top quality pass rushes (Eagles, Ravens, Super Bowl Giants).  He took beatings against all 3.

Last year was rather ugly though MC didn't help his own cause much.

The same O-line is another year older and beat up.  Neal, Koppen and Light are injury's waiting to happen.  The 2 main areas of need were / are still OL and OLB. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Posted by truefaith

Haven't had a chance to see the Pats play this year, but it sounds like some of your fans are concerned about the offensive line. Just hope they get their act together, cause I've seen the past two years how beat-up a Quarterback get get with a lousy offensive line. I know Ben is a 'drama queen' at times, but he sure does take a beating, because our offensive line's best technique is to shout ''Look Out!" right before Ben get's smashed. How he survived against the Eagles last season after getting sacked on just about every other play, I'll never know.  In the Patriots case, I think once Wes Welker  & Kevin Faulk, return, Brady will be getting rid of the ball alot sooner because these two guys always seem to get open, and Brady always seems to find them quickly after finding nothing open down field.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Posted by truefaith

The play was basically dead. Haynesworth just didn't know Brady already let go of the ball. This was the only hit Brady took. Shut up about the OL. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

Who cares what BB is thinking(I'm sick of it!!!),if this injury is bad or lingers, were fuked!!!!!!! Remember how bad Frave was the last 5 games of the year, thats because his sholder needed surgury. That what we will have this year with Tom, I hope not, but who the hell knows...
    Posted by ZigZig

Please call suicide hotline immediately.  It's OKAY.  It's OKAY.   It's really OKAY.  You have to RELAX NOW!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

ZigZig, you must be a long time Red Sox fan. Your pessimistic attitude is amazing.  If he can rotate his hand then he is fine. I know Belichick likes to play guess the injury report but when the problem is severe he usually says it's a problem.  Last season he said, "Tom will be placed on IR" after the game. 

Sections
Shortcuts