Brady's Shoulder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rimfire. Show Rimfire's posts

Re: Brady's Shoulder

In Response to Re: Brady's Shoulder:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady's Shoulder : Haven't had a chance to see the Pats play this year, but it sounds like some of your fans are concerned about the offensive line. Just hope they get their act together, cause I've seen the past two years how beat-up a Quarterback get get with a lousy offensive line. I know Ben is a 'drama queen' at times, but he sure does take a beating, because our offensive line's best technique is to shout ''Look Out!" right before Ben get's smashed. How he survived against the Eagles last season after getting sacked on just about every other play, I'll never know.  In the Patriots case, I think once Wes Welker  & Kevin Faulk, return, Brady will be getting rid of the ball alot sooner because these two guys always seem to get open, and Brady always seems to find them quickly after finding nothing open down field.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Steelcurtain,

I think you are very "on target" in your comment about Welker and Faulk.  It did seem as if the Pats didn't have much of a "short game" last night when the Redskins brought pressure.  They had a couple of "3 and outs" at the end of the 2nd quarter--including the play on which Brady was hurt.  I would have liked to have seen Welker and/or Edelman in there last night, but apparently they are nursing some "dings" since they didn't play.

On the backup QB position, I too have been disappointed in O'Connell's play--but then I was one of those who thought Cassel should have been cut at the end of last year's pre-season, so what do I know?  I was pleasantly surprised by Walter though.  When I heard the Pats had signed him I couldn't understand why because he certainly didn't have a very impressive resume out in Oakland.  But I thought he did pretty well (considering the circumstnaces) when he played last week after arriving in camp just a couple of days befofre the game.  I would have liked to have seen more of him last night and less of O'Connell.

If he can catch up on the Pats playbook and get a few more reps in, I think he has the potential to show more maturity and level-headedness than O'Connell has so far, and might be an adequate # 2 QB behind Brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Pats' OL seems determined to see that Tom Brady never plays again, in the aftermath of his glorious 2007 season. It seems that at least once per game, they allow their star QB to absorb a bone-jarring hit.

Both BB and Donte Scanecchia need to have a "come to Jesus" meeting with this bunch, before Brady ends up on the PUP list...and the Pats' 2009 season ends up in the toilet.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Brady's Shoulder:
    [QUOTE]Sprained shoulder? Torn muscle? Ive had several injuries to my shoulder, from my experiences I truely believe Brady just hyperextended his shoulder. He had full motion on the sidelines and was able to raise his arm to pass. If it was more serious injury he would want to hold his arm like if it was in a sling. Conclusion - Brady will be just fine...
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

Brady's going to be ok. The tackle by Haynesworth, was nothing more than a day at the office. After his season ending injury in week one of '07, it comes as no surprise people are nervous about his shoulder. He (Brady) said he wanted to get 'blasted' to get rid of some of the buttetrflies from his comeback and in the last two games he's got his wish...  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston1974. Show boston1974's posts

The O line question? cmon he what was sack 3 times in 3 games. Thats line played very well. Do you expect him to never be touched. People are nit picking right now. Look at what brady did with just moss, welker comes back, will be better for galloway, (takes time to get with brady) , I like what I saw in Taylor and Ben jarvis Green, Stop worrying , team will be fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robo84. Show Robo84's posts

We can't believe anything Bill B. says.  He is the ultimate "none of your business" type coaches to the media. 
    With that said, I don' think it was a severe hit Brady took and should be able to rest it for a few weeks before game 1 of the regular season.  I won't truly feel comfortable until I see him during game 1 behind the center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_599892. Show user_599892's posts

He's toast. He's SO toast. He'll never recover. Ever. He's done. dead. Take the arm, save the man. With Bruschi gone, the season was done anyway. There's no hope. Not now. Not ever. This is all Gisele. We're doomed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Brady's Shoulder:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady's Shoulder : Steelcurtain, I think you are very "on target" in your comment about Welker and Faulk.  It did seem as if the Pats didn't have much of a "short game" last night when the Redskins brought pressure.  They had a couple of "3 and outs" at the end of the 2nd quarter--including the play on which Brady was hurt.  I would have liked to have seen Welker and/or Edelman in there last night, but apparently they are nursing some "dings" since they didn't play. On the backup QB position, I too have been disappointed in O'Connell's play--but then I was one of those who thought Cassel should have been cut at the end of last year's pre-season, so what do I know?  I was pleasantly surprised by Walter though.  When I heard the Pats had signed him I couldn't understand why because he certainly didn't have a very impressive resume out in Oakland.  But I thought he did pretty well (considering the circumstnaces) when he played last week after arriving in camp just a couple of days befofre the game.  I would have liked to have seen more of him last night and less of O'Connell. If he can catch up on the Pats playbook and get a few more reps in, I think he has the potential to show more maturity and level-headedness than O'Connell has so far, and might be an adequate # 2 QB behind Brady.
    Posted by Rimfire[/QUOTE]

Yes great post Steel, It appeared we wanted to work on down field passing with Moss and Galloway in the game against wash. I do think that we need to incorporate more screens and quick routes in the first few games of the season to counter the heavy blitzing I suspect we will face this season. This will also open up the deep game.