Brady's Slump

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Brady's Slump

woodhead isn't the answer, hopefully once Vereen is back they move on from him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the defense gave them every opportunity to win today, even forcing a turnover deep in arizona territory late in the game. can't do much more than that other than to score like hightower did last week.

with this defense we will be okay, they are going to make the plays to win a lot of games this year. next week we will bounce back and win in baltimore.

[/QUOTE]

The defense has looked much better so far this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think we shoulld be talking about how Inept some of the playcalling on offense was along with how much I would like to never see Woodead again.

No ones mentioned Arrington completely whiffing on Todd Heap on an important 3rd down if I'm not mistaken.

I couldn't help but think when Aaron Hernandez went out how much a guy like Jabar Gaffney could have helped opposite B. Loyd as I didn't notice Edelman outside of maybe 2  plays.

It was by no means TB12's best game but there were far worse perfomances/plays that contributed to this loss then #12.

[/QUOTE]

Woodhead would have had the game winning TD if not for Gronkowski. Even if the defensive player had been able to tackle Woodhead on that play it would have made the field goal 15 yards closer (who knows Ghost may have still missed it though).

[/QUOTE]

If your actually defending Woodhead we definitely didn't watch the same game. He was terrible just about every time he touched the ball.

[/QUOTE]

The last time he touched the ball he had a 30 yard TD run called back. The holding call affected the TD perhaps but Woodhead was well down the field when the holding occured.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]

the defense gave them every opportunity to win today, even forcing a turnover deep in arizona territory late in the game. can't do much more than that other than to score like hightower did last week.

with this defense we will be okay, they are going to make the plays to win a lot of games this year. next week we will bounce back and win in baltimore.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

For the most part the defense was every bit what I'd hoped. Kudos to them.

This loss belongs to the O.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Vereen back? That would imply he's been there before.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Hoping the D looks bad so you can have your usual blamefest with them?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

I think we shoulld be talking about how Inept some of the playcalling on offense was along with how much I would like to never see Woodead again.

No ones mentioned Arrington completely whiffing on Todd Heap on an important 3rd down if I'm not mistaken.

I couldn't help but think when Aaron Hernandez went out how much a guy like Jabar Gaffney could have helped opposite B. Loyd as I didn't notice Edelman outside of maybe 2  plays.

It was by no means TB12's best game but there were far worse perfomances/plays that contributed to this loss then #12.

[/QUOTE]

I called the Arrington whiff out on the Game Thread.  There are a lot of posters who love the guy but I just don't see it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

For the most part the defense was every bit what I'd hoped. Kudos to them.

This loss belongs to the O.

[/QUOTE]

sorry about the arrington comment dude, i remember the play now, should have been a 3rd down stop.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I called the Arrington whiff out on the Game Thread.  There are a lot of posters who love the guy but I just don't see it.

[/QUOTE]

The Arrington whiff was awful but the personal foul on the QB hit would have led to first down anyways but not a 30 yard play though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i agree with you there. he had a lot of interceptions last year that made him look better.  maybe he should just play in the slot, i'd rather see dowling back there than arrington.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm as upset as anyone, but it seemed like the line was just not doing well, Brady looked harrassed all game, got it together at the end but too late.  But lots of misfires, non catches, etc, pretty much what plauged us for a while now.  The call on Gronk that killed the touchdown was bad, the defense did pretty well I thought, Offense and ST were lackluster.  Take the medicine, get that humilitation burning in your veins, practice like you hate everyone, and move on.  Looks like the Jests are losing, Ravens lost, so its going to be 1-1 for everyone in the AFC east, move on and get better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think that he's only played in one regular season game, last year. could be wrong though. he's certainly injury prone so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

I agree todays game was coaching. But there was collapse in a few areas. And remember Brady can check off calls at the line. In my opinion the bright spot today was the Defense after that there is plenty of blame to go around. 

My point was looking a the past few games Tom hasn't stood above the rest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think that he's only played in one regular season game, last year. could be wrong though. he's certainly injury prone so far.

[/QUOTE]

My point exactly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm as upset as anyone, but it seemed like the line was just not doing well, Brady looked harrassed all game, got it together at the end but too late.  But lots of misfires, non catches, etc, pretty much what plauged us for a while now.  The call on Gronk that killed the touchdown was bad, the defense did pretty well I thought, Offense and ST were lackluster.  Take the medicine, get that humilitation burning in your veins, practice like you hate everyone, and move on.  Looks like the Jests are losing, Ravens lost, so its going to be 1-1 for everyone in the AFC east, move on and get better.

[/QUOTE]

Your much too rational and that can not be allowed here. Where is the ignore button when I need it. Just kidding. Very good post. Next week should get ugly. Ravens have to be angry with blowing their game today and losing  the AFC championship game. I just hope the offensive line is ready for an angry Ravens squad because they certainly were not ready today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Hoping the D looks bad so you can have your usual blamefest with them?

[/QUOTE]

You really do have a problem Rusty. I said the D has looked good and they have. Simple as that.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's just no way around avoiding this discussion even if Babe Parilli is still posting from an insane asylum thinking I am GlenR.  There just isn't.

You can ban me all you want, but the fact remains that Tom Brady just doesn't have the fire anymore to be a consistent, elite QB.  It's ok to admit it.  He's done.   At least for what we knew him to be. Last week, the O Line and Ridley carried him and this week when the run game was handled, he was left to do nothing.

I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's where his interests lay at this point in terms of family, etc, but he's simply not engaged and not as good as he used to be.  It's a shame, but it's very clear he doesn't have the fire anymore. His time has come.  I have no issue with this being his last year here, turn to Mallett, more running and get 2 1srt rd picks back for Brady. It's not fair to the rebuilt, very nice D.

In 2010, he had a lot to prove after a good/solid comeback 2009, but you could tell he wanted to be elite again, so he really took over and was the league MVP after BB dealt Moss.

Now, it's just painful to watch. His throws are reckless, wild, inaccurate much of the time and he's constantly making bad decisions. How many times today could he have just run 3 yards forward, but he forced the throw or cowered and took a sack for some odd reason. I don't understand what happened to the heady Brady who had this incredible cerebral feel for the position and the game.

Anyway, I'm done commenting on this because it's clear Brady has checked out and isn't interested in winning another SB. He can say whatever he wants, act excited after a TD, etc, but this constant wasting of time for 75% of the game is embarrassing.   Ridley had 60 yards at the half, but we still see Brady in the shotgun over and over and over, just like we did to start the game, and it's another loss because of it.

For the love of god, stop putting him in the shotgun/stop allowing him to call the plays.

I do not see this team winning jack squat with this kind of offense.  There is so much talent on offense, but for whatever reason, the guy in charge of it all isn't at the controls anymore.

[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that you're drunk right now or this is just a little post game hangover type of thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

There's just no way around avoiding this discussion even if Babe Parilli is still posting from an insane asylum thinking I am GlenR.  There just isn't.

You can ban me all you want, but the fact remains that Tom Brady just doesn't have the fire anymore to be a consistent, elite QB.  It's ok to admit it.  He's done.   At least for what we knew him to be. Last week, the O Line and Ridley carried him and this week when the run game was handled, he was left to do nothing.

I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's where his interests lay at this point in terms of family, etc, but he's simply not engaged and not as good as he used to be.  It's a shame, but it's very clear he doesn't have the fire anymore. His time has come.  I have no issue with this being his last year here, turn to Mallett, more running and get 2 1srt rd picks back for Brady. It's not fair to the rebuilt, very nice D.

In 2010, he had a lot to prove after a good/solid comeback 2009, but you could tell he wanted to be elite again, so he really took over and was the league MVP after BB dealt Moss.

Now, it's just painful to watch. His throws are reckless, wild, inaccurate much of the time and he's constantly making bad decisions. How many times today could he have just run 3 yards forward, but he forced the throw or cowered and took a sack for some odd reason. I don't understand what happened to the heady Brady who had this incredible cerebral feel for the position and the game.

Anyway, I'm done commenting on this because it's clear Brady has checked out and isn't interested in winning another SB. He can say whatever he wants, act excited after a TD, etc, but this constant wasting of time for 75% of the game is embarrassing.   Ridley had 60 yards at the half, but we still see Brady in the shotgun over and over and over, just like we did to start the game, and it's another loss because of it.

For the love of god, stop putting him in the shotgun/stop allowing him to call the plays.

I do not see this team winning jack squat with this kind of offense.  There is so much talent on offense, but for whatever reason, the guy in charge of it all isn't at the controls anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Okay already. Brady sucks. He's washed up. Where do we go from here? Mallet?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

If 300 yards and a td with a tipped int is a bad game then what would we classify say...180 yards, 0 tds and 3 ints? Would that QB be lined up in front of the firing squad?

With that said, I don't think Brady played good until he had to in the 4rth qtr, but it was little too late!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    What a delusional little troll you've become.

Tb was harrassed all game, Riddley's 1 yard runs did nothing to help, play calling was horrendous, Brady does not put himself in the shotgun.  Several dropped passes and overall poor execution all around does not equate to Brady sucking.

It equates to the whole O from the coaches to the kicker, not having their best game.

Grow the he11 up.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

I would deal Brady for 2 1st rd picks and go with Mallett with these TEs, the RBs, etc, yes.  Yes. I;ve seen enough to see that Brady isn't into this anymore.  Sorry.  It pains me to say that, but he's had numerous chances to be consistent and he just can't show it.

I hate typing this, but I can't avoid what I see.    You cannot spend the majority of the game basically unable to hit your receivers or move the sticks.  It's not just McDaniels either, guys.  You can't blame the O Line every game Brady looks average or bad either.  It's becoming very old.

McDaniels seemed to have a very bland set of calls, but it's not just that.  Last week we had people defending Brady's wobbler to Lloyd and this week, what is it? Ridley ran amuck last week and he had a nice first half this week and we're still seeing Brady in the shotgun.  Ugh.

Sadly, Brady just isn't elite anymore for whatever the reason. He's not the main reason they'll win the division or an AFC or SB title like he was back in 2006 or even 2007.  I don't care about that, but at least show that you know what you're doing.  Awful.    The pocket awareness is horrendous.  Just run 3 yards ahead!  Do anything!

Jesus.

[/QUOTE

What are you smoking... Do you watch the NFL or todays game... where is your outrage against the drops that hit players in the number there were at least three of those and at least two or three that should have been cuaght but I guess that is all Brady's fault.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Why don't you relax a little before going off the deep end on a QB that saves us more often than not? We can't blame the offensive line everytime he has a bad game? Why not? When your QB is playing behind a line that has only been together for two regular season games and had to replace the starting left tackle, right tackle and have your best lineman playing on a surgically repaired knee...you can make excuses.

How many guys did he miss today? I saw him miss Gronk deep. He lead Llod too far on one that one he caught along the sideline. He hit Wes in the hands two times for drops...Llyod too...same for Gronk. Trust me, he didn't play that bad. Now Sanchez...that was bad football...Brady? I think most teams would of been happy with his performance today.