Brady's Slump

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Brady's Slump

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it's clear Brady has checked out and isn't interested in winning another SB.

[/QUOTE]

I will give my allotted time to Bobby Valentine and allow him to respond.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There's just no way around avoiding this discussion even if Babe Parilli is still posting from an insane asylum thinking I am GlenR.  There just isn't.

You can ban me all you want, but the fact remains that Tom Brady just doesn't have the fire anymore to be a consistent, elite QB.  It's ok to admit it.  He's done.   At least for what we knew him to be. Last week, the O Line and Ridley carried him and this week when the run game was handled, he was left to do nothing.

I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's where his interests lay at this point in terms of family, etc, but he's simply not engaged and not as good as he used to be.  It's a shame, but it's very clear he doesn't have the fire anymore. His time has come.  I have no issue with this being his last year here, turn to Mallett, more running and get 2 1srt rd picks back for Brady. It's not fair to the rebuilt, very nice D.

In 2010, he had a lot to prove after a good/solid comeback 2009, but you could tell he wanted to be elite again, so he really took over and was the league MVP after BB dealt Moss.

Now, it's just painful to watch. His throws are reckless, wild, inaccurate much of the time and he's constantly making bad decisions. How many times today could he have just run 3 yards forward, but he forced the throw or cowered and took a sack for some odd reason. I don't understand what happened to the heady Brady who had this incredible cerebral feel for the position and the game.

Anyway, I'm done commenting on this because it's clear Brady has checked out and isn't interested in winning another SB. He can say whatever he wants, act excited after a TD, etc, but this constant wasting of time for 75% of the game is embarrassing.   Ridley had 60 yards at the half, but we still see Brady in the shotgun over and over and over, just like we did to start the game, and it's another loss because of it.

For the love of god, stop putting him in the shotgun/stop allowing him to call the plays.

I do not see this team winning jack squat with this kind of offense.  There is so much talent on offense, but for whatever reason, the guy in charge of it all isn't at the controls anymore.

[/QUOTE]
    What a delusional little troll you've become.

Tb was harrassed all game, Riddley's 1 yard runs did nothing to help, play calling was horrendous, Brady does not put himself in the shotgun.  Several dropped passes and overall poor execution all around does not equate to Brady sucking.

It equates to the whole O from the coaches to the kicker, not having their best game.

Grow the he11 up.

[/QUOTE]

You have a serious problem.   Brady's 1st play was a reckless, low throw into traffic and he was in the shotgun most of the game. You can't keep blaming everyone but Brady every time the offense is horrendous. HORRENDOUS.  Not much really changed throughout the game. I think we just saw a better D than in Week 1, so Brady didn't emerge, which means he's doing exactly what I've been saying and that's being mediocre when he gets paid this kind of money. It ain't cutting it.

There was a play where he bobbed up and down in the pocket for 10 seconds and he still didn't make the play. 

I do agree Mankins was bad again, but enough.  Look at what he does in the pocket when he could run forward!  Does he have something in his contract that says he can;t run straight ahead?!!  Really, dude? Really? You aren't screaming at the tv like every other Pats' fan wondering what on earth has happened to Brady?  

Tired of it. The 2006 Brady would have just made the right decision to run ahead and juke Urlacher. This version has him somehow programmed to have to fire the ball 90 MPH 3 yards in order for him to get off, apparently.

I want to know if Brady is as incensed as I am that they threw this game away. That's what I want to know. And I don't want is canned comments either. I want action.  Results. No more lallygagging during NFL games.  So frustrating watching him act like he can just get a do-over.

Troll my asz. You're a phony fan if you aren't enraged with his play right now. You're a pink hat.

What's it going to take, 3 or 4 INTs for you to admit you don't like his play? 

[/QUOTE]  You are more of a troll than any of the Jet, Gint or clot trolls that cloud the board.

Only you don't cloud, you rain BS.  No one here said TB was perfect.  THERE WERE OTHER FACTORS YOU REFUSE TO RECOGNIZE! 

I have never seen a QB have a perfect game have you?  Yet you constantly harp on a few plays and place blame exclusively on one player.  The whole O sucked today, special teams sucked today , the coaching sucked today and the D played good.  See how it works.

Trying being objective. 

I swear you act like a gilted lover.  What happened?  When TB married Gisselle, did it pizz you off and now your lust turned to hate as you no longer have a shot?  Sure seems that way.  Get over it, you never had a shot any way.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

I should say that about you as a BBW.  Jilted my azs.   I want the team to win and play Patriot football.

Our best player, Tom Brady, shouldn't be channeling Jay Cutler and leading with such a poor example.  Period.   Period.

Take off your smelly Brady Underoos.  If you cannot be honest about this, then don't post here.  He's throwing INTs on 1st downs at an alarming rate for chrissakes!

Enough!

[/QUOTE]

At an alarming rate?  He had one tip drill int today.... Name one QB that does not have int.  I'm sure you don't relize that Brady has the Best TD/INT ratio of all active QB's with 2000 pass att... try again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really? How many QBs do you think have a career 100+ PR?

[/QUOTE]

You know babe, at some point players deteriorate.  It happens.  And really on past production as an indicator of the future stops being certainty. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know babe, at some point players deteriorate.  It happens.  And really on past production as an indicator of the future stops being certainty. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, his 100 PR was just acheived in the playoffs last season. Speaking of deterioration may be just a tad premature based on one average game this year, don't you think?

Your pathetic agenda is showing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

CSyliva, Brady has thrown 3 INTs on 1st downs in 3 out of his 4 last games.   Stop making a fool of yourself acting like his play has been good. It hasn't. He was great against a bad Denver D last January and that has been it.

WAKE UP

[/QUOTE]

And he's thrown 5 TDs in those games as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

CSyliva, Brady has thrown 3 INTs on 1st downs in 3 out of his 4 last games.   Stop making a fool of yourself acting like his play has been good. It hasn't. He was great against a bad Denver D last January and that has been it.

WAKE UP

[/QUOTE]

The only fool is you... I'll put that one to a vote. Did Brady have one of his subpar games for him today... Yes.  I'm not the one saying get rid of him; you are.  I'm sure most if not all the posters here think your being ridiculous.

How many third and shorts did the running game fail to get? How many third down were drop hitting players in the chest.  Did Brady miss a few makeable passes yes.. but the whole offense inculding the playcalling needed to play better.  Look  at every QB record and stats ints get thrown.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Brady can play much better than he has in the first two weeks. 

Look what Rivers did against Tennessee and you realize - Tennessee is not a good football team.

I'd say Brady needs to step up and play better next week.  He mailed it in today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, his 100 PR was just acheived in the playoffs last season. Speaking of deterioration may be just a tad premature based on one average game this year, don't you think?

[/QUOTE]

I still think Brady is an elite QB, but frequently downfall is a slow process.  Would anyone suggest that 300 yds passing is a bad game?  No.  But usually guys who throw for that may yards get into the endzone more than once. 

I am not even beginning to suggest that the magic won't still happen, but some expect it every week, and it seemed as if Brady delivered.  He didn't today.

Maybe the team didn't take Arizona seriously after last week's win and given that they were playing at home.  If that's the case then that is on the coach.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Hey jints fan - shut up.

Brady mails in games from time to time.  He's done that for the last 4 - 5 seasons. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I still think Brady is an elite QB, but frequently downfall is a slow process.  Would anyone suggest that 300 yds passing is a bad game?  No.  But usually guys who throw for that may yards get into the endzone more than once. 

I am not even beginning to suggest that the magic won't still happen, but some expect it every week, and it seemed as if Brady delivered.  He didn't today.

Maybe the team didn't take Arizona seriously after last week's win and given that they were playing at home.  If that's the case then that is on the coach.

[/QUOTE]

People have to catch the ball in key situation when it's delivered to them. Protection schemes need to assure the QB is not harried most of the time. Runners and blockers need to combine to gain yards at key junctures. A lot of things need to happen for an offense to be prolific. Too many did not happen in this game. Simple as that.

A single play as significant as Welker's drop on 3rd down forcing the Pats to punt from their endzone if caught could have tremendously altered the flow of the game. Lots of things need to happen to win. Far too many of them didn't and of course the choke kick topped off a game long insufficient scoring effort.

About the only conclusion that can be drawn is that AZ played better than we did in this game. Whether that is a harbinger of future calamity is unknown but most likely not the case.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey jints fan - shut up.

Brady mails in games from time to time.  He's done that for the last 4 - 5 seasons. 

[/QUOTE]

If Brady mailed it in today, what did the rest of the offense do? Throw a message in a bottle into the sea?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Scary when Jints fan is making more sense on a thread than many of our own, "fans". Ugh

UD6 just curious, Brees has had two subpar games (for him). Is he detoriating? Rodgers didn't play well last week, he going down also? 

bottom line Brady probably is a bit of a different player since his knee injury, but haven't seen any signs of gradual detioration yet....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Brady did have a sub par game yesterday as did other areas of the team. That's not the issue, he's had to many sub par performances over the past several games. Sure the Denver game ups his stats, but the Baltimore game and Giants Superbowl where sub par.

After the Baltimore game Bradyy admited he "sucked" and told Kraft he would play better in the Superbowl. We know how that turned out.

I'm not suggesting that Tom Brady is awful or bad. I'm saying he has not been in the "elite" catorgory over the past several games. Elite QB's make up for some number of other team short comings. Brady just hasn't lately.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I can't believe it but I am going to have to switch sides and go with Rusty.  I think we all have to get use to the fact that Brady's best days are behind him.  Age catches up to us all.  I am sure he will still have some really good games, and overall be better then most, but his days of being the "best" are over.  I think we can expect to see more "erratic" performances from him and lots of ups and downs.

Beyond that, what bothered me most about his performance was he seemed to have real "happy feet" from the start.  Some of those "oh my god here comes the rush" dives to the ground yesterday had me thinking we had brought back Tony Eason.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

This is what happens to Qbs as they enter their mid-to-late 30s. Did anyone really think Brady was exempt from that? It happened to Montana. It happened to any other HOF QB you want to throw out there.

Is Brady, right now, a Top 5 QB across the league? Probably not. Is he still someone I'd feel comfortable sending out there? Absolutely. I like the Pats chances whenever Brady is under center...but NOBODY is bigger than Father Time.

Sections
Shortcuts