Brady's Slump

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Brady's Slump

Teams do use the Pats as a measuring stick and you know that. The Cowboys in the 70's were a measuring stick despite the Steelers being better. The Raiders were also a bigger measuring stick back then. The Pats have Brady and Belichek and are still more respected than the Giants. My local paper (I do not live in NE or AZ) had more about the Pats loss than any other game except for the local team. My local sports talk radio is way more animated when the local team plays the Pats. When Belichek and Brady retire the Pats will probably sink back into oblivion but right now the Pats are still huge and the ratings show it. No one cared about the Giants come back in my local sports bar but the cheer was deafening when Ghost missed the kick (and the bar owner is a huge Giants fan who switched the volume from the Giants game to the Pats game during the Giants come back).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

They were not going 16-0 this year at least I thought that. So they got the loss out of the way and saw some things they need to work on. 

I remember Calais being a free agent and wondered why the Pats were going after him was he restricted or franchised?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They were not going 16-0 this year at least I thought that. So they got the loss out of the way and saw some things they need to work on. 

I remember Calais being a free agent and wondered why the Pats were going after him was he restricted or franchised?

16 - 0 was always an invention of sports writers only believed by pink helmet know nothing 'fans'.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

That darned O'Brien. Belichek is a great coach except for when it comes to Brady. Obviously anyone who knows anything about football knows Mallet gives them a better chance to win the super bowl.