Branch had a lot of calls...but wanted to make sure he had no chance here before he were to go somewhere else.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Branch had a lot of calls...but wanted to make sure he had no chance here before he were to go somewhere else.

per paul parillo

other teams were interested but he was not interested in moving.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Branch had a lot of calls...but wanted to make sure he had no chance here before he were to go somewhere else.

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what a difference a few years make huh?

Glad he is back!

[/QUOTE]

yup. agreed.

older vet

got his money.

doesnt want to move his family

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Branch had a lot of calls...but wanted to make sure he had no chance here before he were to go somewhere else.

Good to have him on board again, he can still be a useful weapon if his snaps are managed correctly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Gaffney next?  I could easily see Hoomananui dropped once Fells is healthy, with Gaffney coming in to fill his space. They maybe were a little light on WRs and heavy on TEs/FBs.  There's no way we need five (six, if you include Shiancoe who is eligble to come off IR in a few weeks) TEs.  I could easily see one of those TEs replaced by a WR (or possibly, though less likely, with a FB.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

At this point, its unclear Daniel Fells actually exists.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

A guy like Branch, who was a mediocre talent that thrived with Brady and BB, had to get his while the getting was good. He accomplished that and with the end clearly in sight a little more money doesn't benefit his family as much as the stability that the locale where the preponderance of his career has been does. The prodigal son has returned. Maybe he has one more great thing to give us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Babe not trying to be argumentative here but in his prime Branch was a lot more than just mediocre as far as slot receivers go...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I still like Branch.  I don't think he's a guy you want to rely on as your primary or even secondary target anymore, but he's a wiley veteran who plays smart and has good chemistry with Brady and therefore can come up with big plays periodically.  Personally, I'm glad he's back.  Im face, I was very surprised they let him go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Speed is certainly not what what it was....but the smarts & connection he has with Tom will put 40-50 balls in his hands this year with a few scores.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A guy like Branch, who was a mediocre talent that thrived with Brady and BB, had to get his while the getting was good. He accomplished that and with the end clearly in sight a little more money doesn't benefit his family as much as the stability that the locale where the preponderance of his career has been does. The prodigal son has returned. Maybe he has one more great thing to give us.

[/QUOTE]

Mediocre Super Bowl MVP

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Just hope he's been working out...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Babe not trying to be argumentative here but in his prime Branch was a lot more than just mediocre as far as slot receivers go...

[/QUOTE]

Just saying he benefited from the system, coach and QB. Lots of guys have looked much better with BB and Brady. He really didn't do much outside of that situation. Just my take on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mediocre Super Bowl MVP

[/QUOTE]

He really has quite pedestrian numbers over his career and barely has ever risen to the level of even a #1 receiver by those.

But it's not something I want to get into a squabble over. Think as you wish.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPride34. Show BostonPride34's posts

branch is a true patriot, glad he is back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Happy to have Branch back in the fold.

GO PATS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Had to get his money? he made maybe 2 million more over the life of the seahawks contract vs what he would have made if he accepted the pats offer, And you know he regrets it every day. If he had stayed a patriot he would have made more money long term.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hope he makes better clutch catches then he did in the superbowl. Not to be argumentive as well but he really dissapointed me. And thats on top of his hold out. Any of them that are good will make their money. I would.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ChasaB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Had to get his money? he made maybe 2 million more over the life of the seahawks contract vs what he would have made if he accepted the pats offer, And you know he regrets it every day. If he had stayed a patriot he would have made more money long term.

[/QUOTE]

I said, "A guy like Branch".

Sections
Shortcuts