Branch has been traded to the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Branch has been traded to the Patriots

Adam Schefter
    Filed to ESPN: Seattle traded WR Deion Branch to New England for a fourth-round pick. Bet Tom Brady is happy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Branch has been traded to the Patriots

Michael Lombardi
    So basically Seattle trades Branch for Lynch, and New England trades Mahroney for Branch and the Bills get the fourth..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Branch on 9/12/2006: Signed a six-year, $39 million contract.

2010: $5.47 million, 2011: $5.95 million, 2012: Free Agent

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bill Simmons is happy!

Bill Simmons
    Very happy to be on ubertwitter. Hopefully I wo-- wait a second, what's that? (Listening.) Good God, that's Deion Branch's music!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

So do you now hold out drafting a WR in the first 3 rounds come April 2011?

I would have been happier if they only gave up a 5th round pick...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

A 4th seems high for a player that was being used as a #3 in a poor passing team with a decent payscale.

But I do really like the idea of having Branch as insurance. In reality they weren't going to use Price this year (mainly since BB believes that a WR needs to spend a year studying before making significant playing time)

So looking at our WR core it was Tate, Edelman, Welker, and Hernandez. I don't trust Slate so having a 5th WR coming in being a vet and already having played very well with Brady only made sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

No word yet on if the 4th was NE's or DEN's pick

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

are you talking to yourself here?? lol all the posts were from that same guy haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

oh a side note its good to see the globe is on point with this trade.. i mean only everyother outlet has already reported it

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Branch has been traded to the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]are you talking to yourself here?? lol all the posts were from that same guy haha
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

Some people appreciate information....how much left on contract, what pick was traded, intial announcement of trade, etc

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE] Branch on 9/12/2006: Signed a six-year, $39 million contract. 2010: $5.47 million, 2011: $5.95 million, 2012: Free Agent
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]Please tell me they got his salary reduced from 5 mill eo 2 million per

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Money12. Show J-Money12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch has been traded to the Patriots :  Some people appreciate information....how much left on contract, what pick was traded, intial announcement of trade, etc
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    I agree, Thanks for the info.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4684933/what-branch-brings-to-patriots

---Mike Reiss

The Patriots acquired receiver Deion Branch from the Seahawks for a fourth-round draft choice, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports, as the team recalibrates its pass-catching corps at the same time it alters its offensive approach following the trade of Randy Moss.

A few thoughts immediately come to mind:

Compensation -- The fourth-round price tag seems a bit high when considering that the Patriots acquired a third-rounder for Randy Moss. But the Patriots had an extra fourth-round pick in 2011 which it acquired from Denver in the Laurence Maroney trade, so that probably contributed to their comfort level with the price tag. Finances also could have been a factor in the final compensation. The Patriots also have multiple picks in the first, second and third round next year.

Perfect fit -- Branch is one of the few players that uniquely fits the Patriots needs at this time. He knows the team's system and can play all the receiver spots, so the learning curve won't be steep. That's a key consideration for the Patriots given their complex offensive system, especially when making a trade during the season. Branch is a high-character player who joins Brandon Tate, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Taylor Price and Matthew Slater on the receiver depth chart. He should be active on the 45-man game-day roster and represents a receiver-specific attitude shift of sorts for the team.

Changing offense -- Without the vertical threat of Randy Moss, the Patriots are likely to go back to the type of offense they ran when Branch was putting up solid numbers from 2002-2005. That's an attack that spreads the ball around and features more short- and intermediate routes almost in a West Coast-like style. Branch has more wear on his tires at this point of his career, but he should still be productive in that type of set-up.

2008 game in Seattle -- One of the unforgettable images from the Patriots' victory over the Seahawks in December of 2008 was Branch sharing an embrace with Patriots coach Bill Belichick after the game. That was a sign that any hard feelings that had existed from Branch's exit from town -- when he held out of training camp -- were long gone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

"Some people appreciate information....how much left on contract, what pick was traded, intial announcement of trade, etc"

yeah i know i just went to read the thread and i found it funny it was all you thats all.. didnt mean anything bad by it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

hope he's healthy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from laxnpats. Show laxnpats's posts

who knows he can be healthy this year and was hurt all the the others and hes is still good now that hes healthy kinda like LT

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]who knows he can be healthy this year and was hurt all the the others and hes is still good now that hes healthy kinda like LT
    Posted by laxnpats[/QUOTE]

http://sea.scout.com/2/1010829.html

2010 Seattle Seahawks Total Offensive Player Snap Count

83 – Deion Branch – 186 of 224 (83.0%)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

[QUOTE]oh a side note its good to see the globe is on point with this trade.. i mean only everyother outlet has already reported it
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

The globe post said it was posted at 9:37, just a few minutes after the news broke.  I didn't see that post until well after 9:37, is there a big lag in globe posting, or did the editors change the time so they don't look bad?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

"The globe post said it was posted at 9:37, just a few minutes after the news broke.  I didn't see that post until well after 9:37, is there a big lag in globe posting, or did the editors change the time so they don't look bad?"

it looks to me like they change their times.. this happened when moss was traded as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He has had some knee problems......

Torn ACL in 2008:
    blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/seahawks/2008/09/03/deion_branch_in_1.html

Arthroscopic surgery offseason 2009:
    blog.oregonlive.com/nfl/2010/06/seahawks_receiver_deion_branch.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

basically Maroney for Branch and we still have all those picks and will get more when we unload Mankins..........I like the move

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport
    Worth noting, as @ (Seattle Seahawks reporter)  told me, the Seahawks get the better of the fourth-round picks from the Pats, who have 2 in '011

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Thanks Rocky.  I hope he can still be productive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoreweb. Show shoreweb's posts

I Like it....another veteran reclamation project and he was one of our own to begin with...

Just watch, he'll be rejuvenated.