Branch TD Reception Under Thrown?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Branch TD Reception Under Thrown?

Ok, I have decided to be pro-Brady and ignore cap ramifications until next season (since there technically is no cap this season).  However it does not preclude me from dissecting players' performances (yes I'm sorry I was the anti-Brady for a couple weeks).

That being said, I just watched the Lions game again and I gotta say the Branch TD reception was grossly under thrown.  Branch was at least three strides beyond the CB on that play.  He had to come so far back to get the ball that the CB actually overran him.  I know what you will say next "it was intentional".  Umm I know that is done sometimes when receivers are stride for stride with CBs, but not when they are way out in front.  Because of very poor tackling and some great moves by Branch it turned into a TD, but on a good corner like Revis or Chromedome who knows what would have happened?  The pass gets defensed or intercepted is my guess.  Best case is Branch makes the catch and gets tackled at the 30 or whatever. 

What's the point?  In my humble opinion Brady needs to improve at putting the ball in front of receivers and/or hitting them in stride.  That will improve YAC and will help Tate et. al. make catches instead of drops.  The Tate drop was another example of a ball that was not put in front of him.  It was a very catchable ball, but he was twisting a little behind himself and reaching down.  He should have caught it but if it was a little more infront of him I think he makes the catch and goes for a TD.

Hard to criticize TB when he had a perfect passer rating, but I'm a perfectionist and a Jerk (sometimes).

I fully expect (hope and pray) that Tom comes out BIG on Monday night.  He has a history of being BIG in BIG games and there are few games this big in the regular season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Branch TD Reception Under Thrown?

In Response to Re: Branch TD Reception Under Thrown?:
    [QUOTE]Look pinhead you're dislike for Brady has nothing to do with cap, under thrown passes or the length of his hair. All your attacks are based on the fact that you don't think he lives up to your moral standards. You don't fool anybody and why you keep it up is beyond me. Go find a footballers for Jesus site to post on.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Sailor. does this help?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Again none of us have ever played pro football.  So who are we to say a pass was "underthrown"?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Who are you to say that nobody on this board played pro football?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Shows you what you know about this board or think you know....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

My best advice for you knightsailor, find a woman who can be your best friend, start a career for yourself, and enjoy life off the computer some more. You sure are entitled to your own opinion but when a majority of the people here are telling you to smell the fresh air and stop being so critical, they mean it because they appreciate what they have! Your posts are saturated in some sort of disillusion. Move on buddy.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Or what I care or don't care to know?  Good grief.  You may be important to yourself, but you're not to me.  You're just a fan who has a picture of Tony Collins as his avatar.  BFD. I'm noticing a disturbing trend here: that many of you will imply that someone is "crazy" if they write something that you disagree with.  Even a person whose opinions I respect, zbellino, will do this: say a person is crazy if they write something that he disagrees with. Yet, if I was to do that: I'm angry and not being nice.

Does this mean you are going to leave!!!!!!???????

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch TD Reception Under Thrown? : I thought the original post was stupid.  Your post is worse.  
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Stupid? Then I suggest you go back through his early Brady attack posts where he blamed Brady's play on his long hair and immoral life style. He only dropped it after being spanked so often. So now he searches every where for other ways to attack him. He just watched the Lions game? Please give me a break. This guy is here for one reason to attack Brady because he doesn't like his lifestyle.

Why is Vick so good? Because after going to prison Vick 'discovered' religeon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can't believe I'm going to be the 31st person to respond to this trash, but I am.

Look, you made a complete fool of yourself after one of the night games and posted something about how Tom was overrated and was not worth the money. He came out and played remarkable and you apologized. Now you are going to criticize one pass in a perfectly rated performance?! He is going to with any luck attempt 2500 or more passes before his Hall of Fame career is over, are you going to critique every one of them?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Hey knightsailor, er - I mean Underdoggg, er - I mean UD6 - or whatever handle you're going by these days:  I noticed some folks called you a "tool."  And although I don't speak for the entire board, I'd like to offer my apologies. . . . . to the tool.  A tool is, by definition something of use.  You are not.  And I hate to see the good folks at Black & Decker have their products be compared to something of no value. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Simply state you'll agree to disagree if that is in fact the case and then go on to explain why you think what you think. There is no need to be hostile and go calling everyone else crazy just because you disagree. The crazy one if usually the person who can't face a problem upfront. If you're a man, act like a grownup man. If you're a woman, act like a grownup woman. A lot of people in this thread are instead acting like children; resorting to name-calling out of immaturity. Get over yourselves and resolve the conflict.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Knight, you MUST be seeing an entirely different version of TB than everyone else!  The more you focus on TB in such a negative light, with really nothing to support it other than your opinion, the more you are looking like the biggest anti-Brady fan in the NFL.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch TD Reception Under Thrown? : The conflict is that there are too many closet GM's here.

Isn't that one the reasons for the existance of these boards?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch TD Reception Under Thrown? : Isn't that one the reasons for the existance of these boards?
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]
    Every fan has their vision of what the Pats should look like as a team.  What is missing, they are not on the practice field every day with the team and make their judgements solely based on what they see in games.  That's why the moves BB makes are scrutinized like they are and when they work, these same fans go .. "oh, wow!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch TD Reception Under Thrown? : The conflict is that there are too many closet GM's here.

Franchise Mode has ruined an entire generation of Madden-playing Pro Football fans! Tongue out

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch TD Reception Under Thrown? : The problem is that some think their comments are being read by "pro GM's" ....Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    That alone is the problem, some of them may REALLY think their posts somehow get to the team's management offices.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]Yes. Tom Brady is terrible. How did everyone in the known world miss that except for you? Amazing. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Bellino,

Have you seen the correlation between me being critical of Brady's performance and him performing well?  I gotta keep it up. 

Sorry to the thought police.

Sections
Shortcuts