BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geo365. Show Geo365's posts

Re: BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE

Somebody has lost thier mind! taylor Price will be fine. He got dinged up and with Branch he have time to develope!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

CAPFOXBORO =

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

What a dumb post this is.  Most rookie receivers have trouble in their rookie year.  It is one of the hardest positions to adjust to from college to pro.  Taylor Price played in an option run first offense and now has to adjust to a pro offense that is difficult to learn.  Give the kid a break!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Sticking to the topic and refraining from the personal (not always easy), this thread is just plain silly.  4 games into the season? Guy comes from a very basic offensive scheme and missed most of what the other rookies got through no fault of his own.  Raw talent is exactly that - raw talent.  And by every measure this kid has got exactly that.

The Branch trade has exactly zilch to do with Price.  A veteran wideout who has enjoyed success in this system with this quarterback was available and BB made the trade.

For crying out loud give the kid a chance, will you please?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Price is a young man with considerable physical skills,intelligence,a sound work ethic the instincts to be a nvaluable wide out.What he doesn't have is a collegiate background that prepared him to play in the NFL.Ohio University is a fine school with an excellent Sports Management program but its offensive system is,in many ways,the antithesis of how the game is played at the pro level.This is a difficult and time consuming problem for the young man.Last year there were more than a few posters who were prepared to label Chung a bust in his rookie season and he played in a sytem that was much closer to NFL teams than Price did.Please,give Price at least a year to learn and acclimate to the league and the Patriots system,you could well be pleasantly surprised and not look like your decision about him was significantly premature. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

" In my opinion , he's just not NFL material."

CAPfoxboro- Your statement above shows that you are an idiot who sits at home and types comments on a computer, not an NFL Scout! Get outta fantasy land and back in the real world you overly dramatic loser.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bkoo72. Show bkoo72's posts

Miles Austin showed almost nothing his first 2 years until his third year where he burst out mid season.

way too early to say anything about Price

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Let us all know when the Pats hire you as a scout....the kid is a Rookie from a small school.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Forget that Branch might have been the best WR (as far as offensive execution within their scheme) that Brady has had in NE.  He clearly isn't someone that BB wants mentoring Price......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE:
    [QUOTE]    Immediately after the Pats selected Taylor Price near the end of the 3rd round , I remember thinkin' they might have just scored a hidden gem . Word was that he had all the intangibles to blossom into a starting NFL wr but had been held back by both his schools offensive system and inferior Qb play . He was suppose to have good size / good hands and great speed .    Then I saw him in person and it became pretty clear he was not the second coming of Stanley Morgan .   In my opinion , he's just not NFL material.    Unfortunately after watching him struggle mightily in camp and show next to nothing in preseason action he's been a healthy scratch each week and it now appears that BB has seen enough.   Though it's obviously way too early to stick a fork in him completely , the return of Branch can't bode well for Price's stock and it wouldn't shock me if the rookie wr suddenly came down with some type of season ending malady that would allow the Pats to stow him onto their IR list .   I don't blame BB for taking a shot on him ( though 3rd rounders apparently now = Hall-of-Fame caliber wrs ...see #84 for the Vikes ) but roster spots are too valuable to be tied up on project wrs  - especially when playmakers like Darnell Jenkins linger unprotected on our practice squad . Maybe a TRADE is in order ?  The Lions need wr help pretty badly right now ... Taylor Price and our 5th rounder for the Lions 4th ( could end up being very close to a 3rd rounder should the Lions continue to flounder ) and we could at least re-coop the pick we used to get Branch ...after all if Price was working out in the first place , there would have been no need to aquire Branch.   Who knows , maybe the kid may still become something in the NFL , but personally I just don't see it .
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with you, Captain, based on what I've seen of him...and the fact that no other team picked him up when he didn't make the team...allowing the Pats to place him on the practice squad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Thanks CapFox,

Perhaps you can make that judgement. I can only say this: I haven't seen enough of the kid to judge him one way or the other. 

I know that he came from a bare-bones system, but had tremendous ability.

I know that he obviously hasn't adjusted well enough to make the team as a WR yet.

But I also know that it wasn't expected at this point.

I couldn't say I know anything more than that, and that isn't enough for me man. Like I said, if he is still on the practice squad four games deep into next season, I too, will begin to suspect it is a case of arrested development.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE :      I tend to agree with you, Captain, based on what I've seen of him...and the fact that no other team picked him up when he didn't make the team...allowing the Pats to place him on the practice squad.     
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

He was never cut, he made the 53 man roster but has been inactive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE : He was never cut, he made the 53 man roster but has been inactive.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. I had thought that a player must be released and passed over by other teams before he could be added to the practice squad. But, apparently, I was mistaken:

"Each NFL team may keep up to eight members on its "practice squad" in addition to the 53-member main roster. They consist mostly of rookies who were cut in training camps and borderline NFL-caliber players. Both rookies and young veterans are eligible for the practice squad. However, a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons, or if he has accrued a year of NFL experience (six or more games on a club's 53-man active roster or official Injured Reserve list.) If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad.[1]"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I will take another tact.  When Price played in preseason, to me he showed that he belongs in the NFL physically.  But his route running, foot placement on sideline catches and overall reaction to the ball (timing patterns) need to improve, and these are all coachable.  I am no pro scout, so yis can all tell me to pound sand.  But I hate that negative posts get so much traction when some posters know sweet fkuc all about player development, or at least as much about player development as the rest of us keyboard GMs. 

Can we stop with calling people busts four games into a season?  It's like some of you fellas want to be ahead of the "Price scuks" curve so you can say told ya so if he doesn't pan out and reaffirm your football smarts.  Sheesh...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Good point MVP,

I mistakenly said practice squad, when what I meant was inactive. If he were on the practice squad right now, it would mean that they weren't worried about another team taking him.

I'll rephrase it and say that if he isn't seeing some action next season, then it will be time to start worrying. If he isn't at least a #3 on the depth chart the season after that, then you know it isn't gonna work. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Why even pay attention to a post like this?  It takes time to sift through the garbage these days and get into a a credible discussion, but anybody insinuating a player like Price is a mistake because he hasn't seen the field does not deserve the time of day. IMO of course....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

TexasPat3, the practice squad should not be confused with the 8 players from the 53-man roster that a team must make inactive for each game.

There is a 53 man roster, 45 of whom may be active on game day.  And then there is an 8 man practice squad that practices with the team.   The practice squad players are not the same 8 who are game day inactives.

Price was never on the practice squad - he has always been on the 53 man roster but inactive for the first 4 games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE :      I tend to agree with you, Captain, based on what I've seen of him...and the fact that no other team picked him up when he didn't make the team...allowing the Pats to place him on the practice squad.     
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    HE IS NOT ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD! WHAT IS IT WITH YOU PEOPLE!?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Good discussion of the practice squad here. 

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4793705_nfl-practice-squad-rules.html

And Price has always been on the 53-man roster.  He's just consistently been one of the 8 game day inactives.  The 8 game day inactives should not be confused with the 8-man practice squad; they are not the same players.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE : HE IS NOT ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD! WHAT IS IT WITH YOU PEOPLE!?
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

There's clearly some confusion between the 8 game day inactives and the practice squad. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE:
    [QUOTE]    Immediately after the Pats selected Taylor Price near the end of the 3rd round , I remember thinkin' they might have just scored a hidden gem . Word was that he had all the intangibles to blossom into a starting NFL wr but had been held back by both his schools offensive system and inferior Qb play . He was suppose to have good size / good hands and great speed .    Then I saw him in person and it became pretty clear he was not the second coming of Stanley Morgan .   In my opinion , he's just not NFL material.    Unfortunately after watching him struggle mightily in camp and show next to nothing in preseason action he's been a healthy scratch each week and it now appears that BB has seen enough.   Though it's obviously way too early to stick a fork in him completely , the return of Branch can't bode well for Price's stock and it wouldn't shock me if the rookie wr suddenly came down with some type of season ending malady that would allow the Pats to stow him onto their IR list .   I don't blame BB for taking a shot on him ( though 3rd rounders apparently now = Hall-of-Fame caliber wrs ...see #84 for the Vikes ) but roster spots are too valuable to be tied up on project wrs  - especially when playmakers like Darnell Jenkins linger unprotected on our practice squad . Maybe a TRADE is in order ?  The Lions need wr help pretty badly right now ... Taylor Price and our 5th rounder for the Lions 4th ( could end up being very close to a 3rd rounder should the Lions continue to flounder ) and we could at least re-coop the pick we used to get Branch ...after all if Price was working out in the first place , there would have been no need to aquire Branch.   Who knows , maybe the kid may still become something in the NFL , but personally I just don't see it .
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]
    QUICK IF THERE IS AN ADULT IN THE VICINITY POKE A HOLE IN THE PLASTIC BAG OVER HIS HEAD!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

LoL Blow this post up, and Capfox too... ridiculous.  A rookie WR who came from the worst pass offense in the country.  He just might need sometime to learn the postion.  BB says QB and WR are the hardest postions to learn from college to Pro's... I might lean towards that as a possibility for his lack of playing time.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

not many 3rd rounders start in the NFL.  He will be ok after he has time to learn the system.  A few years back, a rookie never even got to play in their first year.  Price is fast, and will be ok in a year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]Tcal and Mighty, just because you guys have posted over 2,000 times or whatever doesn't give you the right to call everyone a troll.  Its just tiresome how every post that you disagree with is the work of a troll. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, enough of the lame troll pictures and whatnot, its so old.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

I totally disagree with the above and I'm not calling you a troll.   I find your post kinda hurtful.  Hell killa is even calling this person a troll.

You really don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out a troll post/thread.  If I sniff one out I will point it out.  Sorry if you don't like it.  You could use the ignore feature if my posts really bother you that much.

Tongue out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I have seen some really silly things on here but this is just top 5 for me.

The dude is a rookie and had the strongest training camp out of all the WRs but he is a raw WR who cant run the routes this team needs right now.

When he comes through next year and in his third year you likely not remember that post at all and have a Price sig. 

Sections
Shortcuts