BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE

TAYLOR PRICE HAS NEVER BEEN CUT

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

In Response to Re: BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE:
    [QUOTE]This is ridiculous! Are you serious??? Price is a ROOKIE, learning the WR position. Yes, let's just drop a ROOKIE without giving him time to learn. What an idiotic post!
    Posted by moongirl[/QUOTE]

couldn't have said it better myself what an idiotic post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Taylor Price has nice potential and I for one am excited to watch him turn into a pro footbll player! It takes time. I don't see any relation to the fact that the Patriots went out and traded for Branch. Branch had extremely good chemistry with Brady. Brady knew that and instantly lobbied for Branch. Pretty simple. I for one love the fact that the Pats went out and got Branch. He will be productive from the get go!
    He's a team player and a great club house guy. Brady now has six guys he can throw to. He can get the ball to the open guy instead of having to worry if Randy is upset!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Sometimes I question the football IQ of posters here.  How can one call Price a bust?  This guy has tremendous upside and comes from a small football program that ran the ball.  At a bare minimum you know he's a good blocker.  Now he has to learn the pro football routes.  It's a new ball game for him.  This thread is a bigger mistake than Price is.

Yep, Tate and Chung were busts last year too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

he has Miles Austin potential

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think the Patriots were going to draft whichever WR was available in the 3rd round and BB probably had them rated like this Decker,Price and Roberts unfortunately it will take longer for the very atheletic Price to become an every down WR if he ever achieves that level I know he would have loved to grab Riley Cooper unfortunately he was already gone as was Decker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with moongirl and I also think that she has the best nick in this thread :D
    Posted by packetloss[/QUOTE]

Thank you! :o)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gettek. Show gettek's posts

Good thing you're not running the show in Foxborough..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I haven't read most of the posts here because this thread is beyond stupid. The idea that anyone would even discuss Price being a bust after four games is insulting to any reasonable person's intelligence.

What some of you people are missing is that CapFoxbourough is a troll posing under the guise of a Pats fan. Probably Leon, or underdogg or one these other nuts. He posts completely idiotic topics and then walks away.

Four pages worth of nonsense. And how many posts from the OP? Two. Check out the profile It's his MO. Hit and run.

You people are arguing with a fictional character/troll 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We should have started Price over Moss... well no, that's crazy, never would have worked.

We should have started Price over Welker... well no, that wouldn't have worked either...

We should have started Price over Edelman... well no, he looks like the next coming of Welker and is older.

We should have started Price over Tate... well no, that wouldn't have worked he returns kicks, was a high pick and is older.

Who should Price move ahead of on the depth chart is another relevent question impatient Pats fans should ask themselves.  David Givens is another player who wasn't an instant success but had to learn his craft and work hard, with some guys it takes time...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]This is ridiculous! Are you serious??? Price is a ROOKIE, learning the WR position. Yes, let's just drop a ROOKIE without giving him time to learn. What an idiotic post!
    Posted by moongirl[/QUOTE]

What this person said.  I'm seconding it.  You can't expect everyone to be Hernandez/Gronkowski/Vollmer/Mayo.  Chill out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Wow, so I guess you were as down on Chung at this point last year as you are now on Price? Rookies usually don't see action in the regular season unless they have too. Price is a third round WR, a position that has one of the steepest learning curves in the NFL.

Most WR don't break out until year three, Price is 4 games into his rookie season. Give the kid a break. We are pretty much set at WR, Branch, Welker, Tate, Edelman. Hernandez, Gronk and Crump are also great receiving options.

Let Price learn the system, get his playbook down and come back next year with your gloom and doom prediction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I respect when people say they saw a guy in practice and formed an opinion of him. At least they saw something to base their opinion on, but what lead you to believe he's terrible? Did he drop passes, run slow, look lost, too small, goofed off, short armed stuff? You have to understand that Chad Jackson looked amazing in camp and I remember watching Kevin Faulk his rookie year in camp and thinking that there was no way a guy so small would make it in the nfl.

Training camp does tell a story on rookies players though. Seymore looked like he couldn't be blocked in his first camp, he would just drive tackles into the ground. David Patten looked like the fastest guy on the field the first time he was here. Truth is it's way to early to tell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE:
    [QUOTE]    Immediately after the Pats selected Taylor Price near the end of the 3rd round , I remember thinkin' they might have just scored a hidden gem . Word was that he had all the intangibles to blossom into a starting NFL wr but had been held back by both his schools offensive system and inferior Qb play . He was suppose to have good size / good hands and great speed .    Then I saw him in person and it became pretty clear he was not the second coming of Stanley Morgan .   In my opinion , he's just not NFL material.    Unfortunately after watching him struggle mightily in camp and show next to nothing in preseason action he's been a healthy scratch each week and it now appears that BB has seen enough.   Though it's obviously way too early to stick a fork in him completely , the return of Branch can't bode well for Price's stock and it wouldn't shock me if the rookie wr suddenly came down with some type of season ending malady that would allow the Pats to stow him onto their IR list .   I don't blame BB for taking a shot on him ( though 3rd rounders apparently now = Hall-of-Fame caliber wrs ...see #84 for the Vikes ) but roster spots are too valuable to be tied up on project wrs  - especially when playmakers like Darnell Jenkins linger unprotected on our practice squad . Maybe a TRADE is in order ?  The Lions need wr help pretty badly right now ... Taylor Price and our 5th rounder for the Lions 4th ( could end up being very close to a 3rd rounder should the Lions continue to flounder ) and we could at least re-coop the pick we used to get Branch ...after all if Price was working out in the first place , there would have been no need to aquire Branch.   Who knows , maybe the kid may still become something in the NFL , but personally I just don't see it .
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE

I think your post if way off base and from the hip and frustration. Price is a rookie that came from Ohio where the offensive playbook is linited to say the least. My best analogy I can give you is say Welker.....who was undrafted period......was CUT by SanDiego .....picked up by Miami and traded to the Pats.......Welker wasn't the Welker we know in either of those places....my point is he developed.........Price has a huge upswing and needs to be groomed for this system...he has all the tools but to call it a mistake after 4 games when he wasn't even on the field yet  is foolish......Branch is here to play and mentor and tutor guys like Price..Tate , Edelman......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"If your not starting year one and an impact player as a 3rd round pick your a bust. This is common knowledge."

Hopefully you are kidding right? I'm going to assume you are and not make light of this statement for its foolishness if it is serious. It all depends on the position - running back perhaps. WR - one of the toughest NFL positions to learn, certainly in New England. No way is Price a bust yet. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YAMATO. Show YAMATO's posts

Taylor Price will be fine. He was little dinged up heading into the season, kinda like Tate was last year. He will be a factor next season. Bill would not waste a roster spot if he didn't think so. I would be more concerned with the Patriot CBs than the WRs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Otay ...
     I appreciate all the input ...I really do. 
    ( accept the boring one-note  , name-callers ...u know who u are )

I'm sure if I had wrote that I wasn't impressed after watching 3rd rounder Kevin O'Connell in camp  ~ I'd have been called out as a no-nothing troll too
    (For the record ~ I never had a strong opinion of him one way or the other )

I UNDERSTAND PRICE IS ONLY A FEW WEEKS INTO HIS ROOKIE SEASON AND DESERVES A CHANCE 
     ( Though lets be honest...If he was a 7th rounder -there would be far less outcry over this posting )

I also know it would have been tough on any rookie wr to get actual game time reps with this particular Pats wr corps.

It's just that when I look at Price ~ I just don't see an NFL caliber wr .

If I have one regret in posting my opinion , it's that sometimes we lose sight of the fact that these young men are doing the best they can and some blowhard writing that they think they stink is pretty harsh.

That said ,
     I HONESTLY wish the best for Taylor Price and hope that he has many productive seasons ...
        ( but my gut tells me it's unlikely )

PS - Somebody mentioned Price's almost circus catch  in the last preseason game - I have to admit that one play did make me briefly rethink his potential , but I watched alot of him in this summer and that one play just didnt negate the clumsy footwork , un-soft hands , and so-so game speed I witnessed .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Actually, I wish you were a college scout for the Jets.  They could use someone with your ability to judge football talent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Otay ...  I appreciate all the input ...I really do.  ( accept the boring one-note  , name-callers ...u know who u are )   I'm sure if I had wrote that I wasn't impressed after watching 3rd rounder Kevin O'Connell in camp  ~ I'd have been called out as a no-nothing troll too (For the record ~ I never had a strong opinion of him one way or the other )  I UNDERSTAND PRICE IS ONLY A FEW WEEKS INTO HIS ROOKIE SEASON AND DESERVES A CHANCE   ( Though lets be honest...If he was a 7th rounder -there would be far less outcry over this posting )  I also know it would have been tough on any rookie wr to get actual game time reps with this particular Pats wr corps.  It's just that when I look at Price ~ I just don't see an NFL caliber wr .     If I have one regret in posting my opinion , it's that sometimes we lose sight of the fact that these young men are doing the best they can and some blowhard writing that they think they stink is pretty harsh.  That said ,  I HONESTLY wish the best for Taylor Price and hope that he has many productive seasons ...     ( but my gut tells me it's unlikely ) PS - Somebody mentioned Price's almost circus catch   in the last preseason game - I have to admit that one play did make me briefly rethink his potential , but I watched alot of him in this summer and that one play just didnt negate the clumsy footwork , un-soft hands , and so-so game speed I witnessed .
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Cap - You keep forgetting a couple huge things.

1) That he stayed to get his degree and walk (very admiral on his part). This means he missed a huge part of the preseason.

2) The college program he played is not known for their WR's and never fully utilized his potential properly. What does that mean. Well he has all the tools but he needs to be coached. As BB has said CB and WR are 2 of the hardest positions for player to go from the college level to the pro's and well Price didn't have the pro style offense like some colleges do. It will take time to see how his tools develop and if he can be coached. That's mainly why people are killing you. We see the potential and news reports have said that he's looked raw but is taking the coaching very well. Give him a year or 2 to get caught up with all the other WR's coming out of college

3) He was injured during the preseason. If he already missed a big chunk of the preseason to graduate then another chunk from an injury of course he won't be ready as a rook. Look at Cunningham, he missed time during the preseason and played poorly in the first couple games but has been coming on strong as of late.

BTW as most have stated, I also went to a couple preseason practices and heard nothing but good towards Price. Yes he looked raw but he was picking things up and looked like he was improving as the practice continued. I'll take a raw player that can learn over one coming out of a spread pro style system unwilling to learn any day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Most reports from training camp had positive things to say about Price.

When he was on the field in pre-season, he looked good like a 3rd rd rookie.

Price didn't do anything on the field to show he was a bust.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Sorry but Taylor is a versitale player who would be running out the Z passing route on the opposite side of Welker but Hernandezs put Taylor on the bench plus the only time he would really have to shine is as an X out of our split end rotation. the patriots have too many slot receivers and flankers.

Flankers
    Welker
    Edleman
    Taylor

Split ends
    Tate
    Branch
    Tayor

Y's
    Crumpler
    Gronk
    Hernandez

Weapon X = Hernandez
    Plays all positions

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to BRANCH TRADE = TAYLOR PRICE MISTAKE:
    [QUOTE]    Immediately after the Pats selected Taylor Price near the end of the 3rd round , I remember thinkin' they might have just scored a hidden gem . Word was that he had all the intangibles to blossom into a starting NFL wr but had been held back by both his schools offensive system and inferior Qb play . He was suppose to have good size / good hands and great speed .    Then I saw him in person and it became pretty clear he was not the second coming of Stanley Morgan .   In my opinion , he's just not NFL material.    Unfortunately after watching him struggle mightily in camp and show next to nothing in preseason action he's been a healthy scratch each week and it now appears that BB has seen enough.   Though it's obviously way too early to stick a fork in him completely , the return of Branch can't bode well for Price's stock and it wouldn't shock me if the rookie wr suddenly came down with some type of season ending malady that would allow the Pats to stow him onto their IR list .   I don't blame BB for taking a shot on him ( though 3rd rounders apparently now = Hall-of-Fame caliber wrs ...see #84 for the Vikes ) but roster spots are too valuable to be tied up on project wrs  - especially when playmakers like Darnell Jenkins linger unprotected on our practice squad . Maybe a TRADE is in order ?  The Lions need wr help pretty badly right now ... Taylor Price and our 5th rounder for the Lions 4th ( could end up being very close to a 3rd rounder should the Lions continue to flounder ) and we could at least re-coop the pick we used to get Branch ...after all if Price was working out in the first place , there would have been no need to aquire Branch.   Who knows , maybe the kid may still become something in the NFL , but personally I just don't see it .
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]

You don't deserve the name nor the Avatar. What a feckless tool! You've been a fan for how long and still can't get it right? Price isn't nearly as much of a bust as CapFoxboro. He is so much of a bust he can't even admit he's never been to a training camp or a game. We should trade him and a seventh round pick for leon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB has never been one to draft safely.  In general he'll prefer to take the physically talented guy and see what happens.  Sometimes he gets howls of incredulity, like when he took Richard Seymour, Mayo, Vollmer, Matt Cassell.  Sometimes he drafts a Dan Klecko who never could play, but that happens.

In BB's press conference he noted that WR is one of the hardest positions on the field to learn.  It takes a year or two for a WR to blossom.  In that respect BB lucked out with Brandon Tate -- the guy landed on IR and wasn't a drag on the 53 man roster during his rookie year.  Tate probably would have just barely not stunk as a rookie.

Deion Branch is old, slowed and tiny.  He'll last about half a season.  During that half a season he'll provide Tom Brady with a quality target, OK a second-quality target.  This buys BB time to get Taylor Price on the field. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

You should never think that he will immediately perform at that level

Sections
Shortcuts