Branch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Branch

There are rave reviews for Stallworth,Gaffney,and LLoyd, but not much on Branch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Branch

Branch is done IMHO. He looked gassed the end of the year when we really needed him. Theres the forgotten drop in the SB too. Set aside the communication advantage with Brady we can upgrade that position with another player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Bedard said this:

Nice catch: Deion Branch, Jabar Gaffney, Matthew Slater, Aaron Hernandez.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Don't see Branch making the team honestly. The biggest thing Branch had going for him was his chemistry with Brady, however, Gaffney has a similar chemistry and at this point is the better WR of the 2. I'm going to count Slater as a lock since he is the ST captain but considering they typically carry 6 WR's you have 3 locks (Welker, Slater, and Lloyd) that leaves 3 positions. Since Gaffney is higher on my talent pool then Branch at this point he gets the nod. Edelman is your PR, ST gunner, and can play DB in a pinch so he makes for the best option as a #5 WR compared to the rest so he's in. That leaves 1 spot for the rest of the WR's. Branch will have to prove he has enough left to outwork Stallworth, Davis, and even Ebert could suddenly surprise and come on in camp if he presents great KR skills. That's a tough task imo and he'll be a last day cut for either Davis or Stallworth depending on how pre-season looks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Typically BB carries 6 WR. Seems to make sense that you would keep Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney, Slater, Edelman...and...
    Comes down to Stallworth or Branch
    I prefer Branch because he is a former Super Bowl MVP and didn't kill someone while drunk in his car...thats just me

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wouldn't read too much into who's doing/looking great after the first day of camp, if it was three weeks into camp then I think you might be getting a clear picture, but not now. I personally think that if Branch makes the team it's because someone got hurt or the position overall wasn't nearly as good as it looked on paper.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I wouldn't read too much into who's doing/looking great after the first day of camp, if it was three weeks into camp then I think you might be getting a clear picture, but not now. I personally think that if Branch makes the team it's because someone got hurt or the position overall wasn't nearly as good as it looked on paper.

This ^

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Branch:
    [QUOTE]Branch is the surest one to make the team.  Anyone else remember 4th and 16 in the Super Bowl?
    Posted by Mighty2013[/QUOTE]

Whatever happened last year is old news in the NFL. It's what can you do today and going forward. If Branch is not up to par then he'll be cut. Of course if the Pats need a WR because of injuries during the season and Branch is elsewhere in the NFL BB might give him the first call. All speculation at best !!

Hetch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

If it comes down to Branch and Stalworth I don't see how Branch could lose out? I don't even think it will be a close call. I don't want Branch on the field over Gaff at #2 but I don't mind having a former SB mvp as the depth guy/ mentor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I agree with those who aren't counting Branch out.  I don't think he's someone you want as your main wideout, but he's not a bad guy coming off the bench.  He's not going to scare anyone with his physical skills anymore, but he's got the mental skills to still come up with big plays at key moments.  We'll see how camp and preseason goes, but I won't be terribly surprised if Branch makes the squad.  With Lloyd and Gaffney on the team, he may be used more as a slot guy this year if he makes the team.  That may put him more in competition with Edelman than with Stallworth or Davis.  We'll have to see . . .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't read too much into who's doing/looking great after the first day of camp, if it was three weeks into camp then I think you might be getting a clear picture, but not now. I personally think that if Branch makes the team it's because someone got hurt or the position overall wasn't nearly as good as it looked on paper.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I'm not reading to much into camp right now but I am thinking about how quickly Branch's performance dropped off last year towards the end of the season. Given what I saw I don't know how much he has left in the tank and if he can hold off a younger player. Stallworth is a long shot to me anyways but Branch is going to have a fight on his hand until the last cut down

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think the locks are Welker, Llyod and Gaffney.

Number 4WR is between Branch and Stallworth...

Per Reiss,

Having Stallworth around team a plus. Belichick compared what he's seen from Donte' Stallworth so far this year to when Stallworth was last here in 2007. "He's matured a lot. He's been a very positive example and influence with what he does on a daily basis, but also some of the things he's done with other players on the team. I think he's shown a lot more leadership and he's a very professional athlete. He really takes his job seriously and acts in a very professional way. He's a great example for all of us on a daily basis. I'd say that's definitely grown since he was here in '07. He's been through a lot, but he handles himself very well, and very professionally."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Stallworth makes the team. So does Britt Davis. Stallworth is a big guy, 220 lbs 6' but probably can wrassle the ball away better then Branch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I'm really on the fence with Branch. He's about as likable as they come. Every time he does an interview, he just seems like one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. On the performance side of things, he definitely had several games last year where he had some clutch plays, but unfortunately he also seemed to just disappear at times. I would hate to see him go, but I want who ever is going to give us the best chance to win. Something tells me Stallworth might have a little more of the physical tools left over Branch. I trust BB will make the right choice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Typically BB carries 6 WR. Seems to make sense that you would keep Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney, Slater, Edelman...and... Comes down to Stallworth or Branch I prefer Branch because he is a former Super Bowl MVP and didn't kill someone while drunk in his car...thats just me
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

low blow..move on, guy did his time and punishments, and is still paying for it every day im sure. He has matured and changed, so move on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i think Branch makes the team, but it is far from a lock. Theres just so much talent at receiver this year. i can see him sneaking on bc i dont really consider Matt Slater a receiver, i think hes just a special teams star, and i think thats how BB sees him too. So its technically Welker, Lloyd, Gaff, Edelman, Stall, and Branch. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Branch was done last year and only players on the Yankees get better with age.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]Stallworth makes the team. So does Britt Davis. Stallworth is a big guy, 220 lbs 6' but probably can wrassle the ball away better then Branch.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Plus Stallworth is one of the fastest on the team and also knows the system. Branch has lost a step and defensive backs can make him disappear by being physical with him. That's not the case with Stallworth. I love what Branch has done for this team and would like the Patriots to fit him in some how but I don't see how that's going to happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Branch is the second best slot receiver on this team after Welker and the argument might be that he's better because he doesn't garner as much heat as Wes gets from the defense.

Quickness and speed don't disappear with age, only injury. Put Stallworth and Lloyd outside and player like Brach can kill them inside.

That's so unlike New England fans to love you one day and sacrifice you the next... take note of the sarcasm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE] Quickness and speed don't disappear with age, only injury               Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

What!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious???????????? Or just delusional........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Can't see Branch not making the team. Would rather have him than Matthew Slater.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch : What!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious???????????? Or just delusional........
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7gWL-Oafx2w

Here's a video of Darelle Green running a 4.2 forty at the age of forty...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Branch as the #1/#2/#3 option, no thanks.
    With Welker/Lloyd/Gronk/Hernandez/Gaffney as better options, having Branch as the #4 WR/#6 option will be great.

God forbid Gaffney/Lloyd/Welker get injured, we will have a solid option that actual has amazing chemistry with Tom.

Now if Branch is done and Stallworth is better, great. IMO, neither guy will see more then 30 balls their way this season if our main guys remain healthy. This is a good problem to have when you have two good players fighting for what amounts to being the #6 option on the team...