Branch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Branch

From Andy Hart,  link

Deion Branch continues to get a lot of reps as a punt returner. Wondering if that has something to do with the battle he’s in with Stallworth and Jabar Gaffney at wide receiver. Could Branch’s value as a returner or backup returner put him over the top if a battle for a roster spot comes down to the wire? Worth watching.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

A decade later, with a modicum of daily training, he ran a 4.4 forty at the tender age of 50.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/02/16/darrell-green-runs-4-43-40-yard-dash-on-50th-birthday/

Clay Matthews played 19 seasons, if a player can evade injury they can play a long time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Branch:
    [QUOTE]A decade later, with a modicum of daily training, he ran a 4.4 forty at the tender age of 50. http://www.aolnews.com/2010/02/16/darrell-green-runs-4-43-40-yard-dash-on-50th-birthday/ Clay Matthews played 19 seasons, if a player can evade injury they can play a long time.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

This is a joke right!!!!!! You are not seriously trying to defend your original post!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]From Andy Hart,  link Deion Branch continues to get a lot of reps as a punt returner. Wondering if that has something to do with the battle he’s in with Stallworth and Jabar Gaffney at wide receiver. Could Branch’s value as a returner or backup returner put him over the top if a battle for a roster spot comes down to the wire? Worth watching.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Interesting!

BTW, Check you messages ASAP!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting! BTW, Check you messages ASAP!!!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    Got it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch : This is a joke right!!!!!! You are not seriously trying to defend your original post!!!!!
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

You tell me I'm wrong. I post a video of a 40 year old cornerback running a 4.2 forty, followed up by an article about the same guy running a 4.4 on the day he turns 50 years old... your only response is "your not serious?"

Yeah I'm serious.  Age doesn't diminish speed, injury does.

Prove me wrong joker...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch : You tell me I'm wrong. I post a video of a 40 year old cornerback running a 4.2 forty, followed up by an article about the same guy running a 4.4 on the day he turns 50 years old... your only response is "your not serious?" Yeah I'm serious.  Age doesn't diminish speed, injury does. Prove me wrong joker...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely wrong and are doing nothing more than trying to start a confrontation.

First of all YOU presented a point with an exception of a hall of fame NFL player specifically memorialized for having done what virtually no others have been capable of.

Secondly you have presented NO factual statistics to support your delusional point.

Lastly YOU presented this delusional point so YOU support it. Do not attempt to turn the situation around and expect others to prove YOUR unfounded point.
    If you wish to know why you are wrong, do your own research.

You have proven yourself to be the JOKER in this foolish attempt to make an illogical point. Show us medical statistics to prove your point. It will not happen. Show me some 60 year old players who has not lost a step.How about some 50 year olds. How about 20 40 year olds. Come on of the thousands of retired players you should have no problems.

Prove your self right . Its your point to prove. Come on JOKER!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch : low blow..move on, guy did his time and punishments, and is still paying for it every day im sure. He has matured and changed, so move on.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Yeah - a month in jail. The guy who peeped at Erin Andrews did more than that. Thats fair huh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch : You are absolutely wrong and are doing nothing more than trying to start a confrontation. First of all YOU presented a point with an exception of a hall of fame NFL player specifically memorialized for having done what virtually no others have been capable of. Secondly you have presented NO factual statistics to support your delusional point. Lastly YOU presented this delusional point so YOU support it. Do not attempt to turn the situation around and expect others to prove YOUR unfounded point. If you wish to know why you are wrong, do your own research. You have proven yourself to be the JOKER in this foolish attempt to make an illogical point. Show us medical statistics to prove your point. It will not happen. Show me some 60 year old players who has not lost a step.How about some 50 year olds. How about 20 40 year olds. Come on of the thousands of retired players you should have no problems. Prove your self right . Its your point to prove. Come on JOKER!
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

London Fletcher, Clay Matthews, Ray Lewis, Roman Phifer or what about Randy Moss who hasn't lost any speed in his advanced age?  Strangely enough he hasn't suffered a leg injury either... coincidence?

Outside of the NFL; Gordie Howe NHL 51 years old, Chris Chelios 46 years, Dikembe Mutombo 40's, Nolan Ryan didnt stop until 46, neither did Satchel Paige, and Darrelle Green isn't the oldest NFL player that would be George Blanda who played until 48 years old.

There are a multitude of players who have played into their 40's, too many to list here, but the list is not nearly as long as the list of players who's careers were cut short by injury.

Deion Branch played 15 games last year; 7 catches for 93 yards in the 1st game, 8 for 129 yards in the 2nd, got hurt missed the 3rd game, came back with 7 catches and a TD against the Jets, he had 6 catches for 125 yards in week 11 against the Eagles.  

All together Deion Branch was our 4th best receiver in catches, yards, TD's and at nearly 14 yards a catch was the only downfield threat on our team.  If he has fallen and doesn't make the team it's because he is done, not necessarily that he is old.  If Welker gets traded you'll be thanking the stars that Branch is sitting there in the slot.

And it's not my point to prove, you called my post a joke but provided nothing to counter what I said.  

My "factual statistics" are the people I named, the video of Darelle Green out running everybody in the Redskins camp and getting a contract at the age of 40. 

Facts, yes I believe I provided some, whereas you only provided conjecture and derision.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Branch : London Fletcher, Clay Matthews, Ray Lewis, Roman Phifer or what about Randy Moss who hasn't lost any speed in his advanced age?  Strangely enough he hasn't suffered a leg injury either... coincidence? Outside of the NFL; Gordie Howe NHL 51 years old, Chris Chelios 46 years, Dikembe Mutombo 40's, Nolan Ryan didnt stop until 46, neither did Satchel Paige, and Darrelle Green isn't the oldest NFL player that would be George Blanda who played until 48 years old. There are a multitude of players who have played into their 40's, too many to list here, but the list is not nearly as long as the list of players who's careers were cut short by injury. Deion Branch played 15 games last year; 7 catches for 93 yards in the 1st game, 8 for 129 yards in the 2nd, got hurt missed the 3rd game, came back with 7 catches and a TD against the Jets, he had 6 catches for 125 yards in week 11 against the Eagles.   All together Deion Branch was our 4th best receiver in catches, yards, TD's and at nearly 14 yards a catch was the only downfield threat on our team.  If he has fallen and doesn't make the team it's because he is done, not necessarily that he is old.  If Welker gets traded you'll be thanking the stars that Branch is sitting there in the slot. And it's not my point to prove, you called my post a joke but provided nothing to counter what I said.   My "factual statistics" are the people I named, the video of Darelle Green out running everybody in the Redskins camp and getting a contract at the age of 40.  Facts, yes I believe I provided some, whereas you only provided conjecture and derision.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

What drug are you on ? You presented NOT ONE fact showing the players timed speed at a youthfully age as compared to many years later. You rattled off a slew of names with not one stat to support your claim that none of them slowed down with age............. You have proved you are a waist of time.....don't bother, your premise is nothing but conjecture and BS.