Brandon @$%%%% Lloyd !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Brandon @$%%%% Lloyd !!!

Brandon Lloyd just cant get it done , He hasn't topped 45 yards in a game since Week 6 ,
    in this rate i dont think he will be back next year , he isnt the deep threat or the sideline guy we need ,
    when the opponents start taking welker away we are in a problem until gronk is back .

like BB said in "A Football Life" :
    "Offensively, we’ve seen this now twice really. If you just take Moss away on the deep part of the field and get down on Welker, we’re done. We’re done. We can’t run the ball, we can’t throw the ball to anyone else" 

Lloyd is just one huge Disappointment !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Brandon @$%%%% Lloyd !!!

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brandon Lloyd just cant get it done , He hasn't topped 45 yards in a game since Week 6 ,
    in this rate i dont think he will be back next year , he isnt the deep threat or the sideline guy we need ,
    when the opponents start taking welker away we are in a problem until gronk is back .

"Offensively, we’ve seen this now twice really. If you just take Moss away on the deep part of the field and get down on Welker, we’re done. We’re done. We can’t run the ball, we can’t throw the ball to anyone else" 

[/QUOTE]

The reference Belicheck was making was our lack of a running game in 2007 & 2008. Which is not the case with this years team. As for Llyod the only thing that's disapointing is that the other teams continue to bracket cover him with a safety over the top...He's basically a decoy...that's not his fault and his presense on the field opens up the middle of the field for Gronk and Welker. I'd also contend that Brady hasn't exactly been lights out throwing the deep ball this year routinely over throwing guys that are open. I can count half dozen time when Llyod got in behind the safties and the ball sailed 10 yards over his head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

We didnt bring Lloyd to be a decoy , when we face the texans and niners , will see if he steps up ,
    my guess is he will not step up.

we have talked for years about a deep threat and going over the top with a speedy receiver ,come playoff time i hope it doesnt bite us in the ass.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I have seen Brandon Lloyd make a number of important catches this year, including fist down catches with the game on the line like yesterday.  He's done that kind of thing in a number of games.  I'd rather have Lloyd as an option than not have him.  He's not a deep threat.  But man he makes some amazing catches  at opportune times.  The Pats could use a deep threat, for sure, but this WR corps is better with Lloyd. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The reference Belicheck was making was our lack of a running game in 2007 & 2008. Which is not the case with this years team. As for Llyod the only thing that's disapointing is that the other teams continue to bracket cover him with a safety over the top...He's basically a decoy...that's not his fault and his presense on the field opens up the middle of the field for Gronk and Welker. I'd also contend that Brady hasn't exactly been lights out throwing the deep ball this year routinely over throwing guys that are open. I can count half dozen time when Llyod got in behind the safties and the ball sailed 10 yards over his head.

[/QUOTE]

Amen!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If Lloyd had caught all the TD's that hit him in the hands and he dropped, he might lead the NFL in TD's, that being said he is a threat and teams treat him accordingly.

We're 5th in the NFL in yards per offensive play and ranked 3rd in the NFL in yards per pass, which makes us the 3rd best vertical team in the NFL. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If you thought he was going to be Moss coming in, well that's on you. I don't think many had that kind of expectations. Personally I thought he was going to be a slightly better version of Branch in Branch's prime. Of course he hasn't lived up to those expectations but he hasn't been completely useless either. As Cable has pointed out he's made some key plays down the stretch. Hopefully he gets hot going into the playoffs because we might need him, but with a fully functional running game, hopefully two pro-bowl caliber TE's for the playoffs, Welker, and hoepfully a healthy Edelman there are only so many plays to go around so does he need to make that big of an impact? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

In fairness to Brandon LLoyd...  As an eilte QB that Brady is, he does not throw a deep ball very well.  It's probably the only vunerable part of Brady's game.    Teams flood underneath areas making Bradys job tougher in short to medum passes.... this illustrates what an accuarate passer Brady is....but he just doesn't have that touch on deep routes.  So Brandon's deep strength is kind of negated.   I don't think there is a defense out there that is scared by Brady's deep game.   Our WR's really don't scare anyone either.   Thank God we finally have a running game because I think the formula for stopping the Pats short passing game has been in since 2007.   Even if we had the Packers WR corps of the Steelers WR Corp I don't think they would have the same deep production with Brady.  Not knocking Brady per se...He is an elite HOF QB and I would not want any other QB.   Just sayin'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

In response to rxmsg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In fairness to Brandon LLoyd...  As an eilte QB that Brady is, he does not throw a deep ball very well.  It's probably the only vunerable part of Brady's game.    Teams flood underneath areas making Bradys job tougher in short to medum passes.... this illustrates what an accuarate passer Brady is....but he just doesn't have that touch on deep routes.  So Brandon's deep strength is kind of negated.   I don't think there is a defense out there that is scared by Brady's deep game.   Our WR's really don't scare anyone either.   Thank God we finally have a running game because I think the formula for stopping the Pats short passing game has been in since 2007.   Even if we had the Packers WR corps of the Steelers WR Corp I don't think they would have the same deep production with Brady.  Not knocking Brady per se...He is an elite HOF QB and I would not want any other QB.   Just sayin'

[/QUOTE]

So How Did brady manage to have 23TD with randy moss , or did his long ball suck ???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So How Did brady manage to have 23TD with randy moss , or did his long ball suck ???

[/QUOTE]

Chill man  !!

Moss was a bit of an abberation...he was a freak..and not all the 23 TD's were deep variety I'm sure.  I'm not saying Brady has never thrown a good deep ball in his life... but typically his deep ball touch in not in the same legaue as say Rodgers or Brees or E Manning.

Agian Brady is an elite HOF QB...the deep ball is just not the best

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

GEEZ! Now we have someone making an allegation of "improper play" by Tom Terrific! Guess you want to have the Wrath Of Babe upon you. Caution: You may just get what you want.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

GEEZ! Now we have someone making an allegation of "improper play" by Tom Terrific! Guess you want to have the Wrath Of Babe upon you. Caution: You may just get what you want.

[/QUOTE]

He over threw Edeleman this weekend...granted Edeleman is not a prototypical deep threat WR either

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Let's not forget that Brandon has bailed Brady out on a number acrobatic sideline catches for first downs.....like on yesterdays final drive....  deep catches have not materialiazed however

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Like this is news? The last Pats successful drafted reciever was when Branch and Givens were drafted in the Carrol era.  Moss, Welker were free agents, Belichick has never really had success drafting at this position.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He's better than any alternatives we have or anything we had last season. But he has been a disappointment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

RXMSG is right...Brady's weak at the deap ball. He really hasn't been really sharp the last couple games either. Some seriously bad throws, even on a couple that he usually hits 10/10.

I wasn't too sure what to expect from Lloyd when he signed. I think they should mix him in a bit more on crossing routes. Why not put his acrobatics in Brady's wheelhouse? and use Hernandez and Vereen on wheels to the outside, or even Slater as a deep receiver?

Looking forward, I really would love a Anquan Bolding type here next year. Strong and an outside receive professional.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really? What shred of evidence can you present to support your spin here?

Didn't think so. Just sayin'.

Here's some evidence....

(profootballfocus.com) (over the last 3 years)

While it’s always nice to have the big play and rack-up the yards, it’s that much nicer when it results in points. While the usual suspects are on the list again, at the top is Drew Brees with an astounding 10 more deep touchdown passes than any other quarterback in this period. While there is no one single statistic (outside of our PFF pass rating) to show who the best deep passer is, the sizable lead that Brees enjys here gives a good idea of how much ahead of his competition he really is. Brady throws a lower portion of deep balls than the average quarterback, but ended up high on this list as well. Another nice feat by a great quarterback is Peyton Manning making this list despite missing all of last year. One name that might surprise you is Mark Sanchez who has been consistently putting up six or seven deep touchdown passes every year.

Deep TD

1 Drew Brees NO 41

2 Eli Manning NYG 31

3 Philip Rivers SD 29

4 Aaron Rodgers GB 27

4 Joe Flacco BAL 27

6 Tom Brady NE 24

7 Tony Romo DAL 21

8 Peyton Manning DEN 20

9 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 19

10 Matt Schaub HOU 17

10 Mark Sanchez NYJ 17

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ejb222's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RXMSG is right...Brady's weak at the deap ball. He really hasn't been really sharp the last couple games either. Some seriously bad throws, even on a couple that he usually hits 10/10.

I wasn't too sure what to expect from Lloyd when he signed. I think they should mix him in a bit more on crossing routes. Why not put his acrobatics in Brady's wheelhouse? and use Hernandez and Vereen on wheels to the outside, or even Slater as a deep receiver?

Looking forward, I really would love a Anquan Bolding type here next year. Strong and an outside receive professional.

[/QUOTE]

Must be if you say so. I'm sure your credentials are as impeccable as Rusty's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's not forget that Brandon has bailed Brady out on a number acrobatic sideline catches for first downs.....like on yesterdays final drive....  deep catches have not materialiazed however

[/QUOTE]

Sure he has. About the same number as he has dropped, right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I'd also contend that Brady hasn't exactly been lights out throwing the deep ball this year routinely over throwing guys that are open. I can count half dozen time when Llyod got in behind the safties and the ball sailed 10 yards over his head.

[/QUOTE]

By all means we must consider your "recollection" as the gold standard of football acumen. But my average joe's recollection is that of Lloyd misjudging deep balls more often than not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never expected Lloyd to be the second coming of Randy Moss...and, really, did anybody other than the homers who make up the Ostrich Society believe that? Lloyd is an improvement from Ochocincho, and is a competent WR. Nothing more, nothing less. Why should Tom Brady focus on Lloyd, when he has Wes Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez to choose from?

Far from the 2009 offense, the 2012 edition is better balanced. Plus, the 2009 Pats had no one to compare with their current stable of TEs, or RBs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

if Brandon is a "problem" then we are good to go!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ejb222's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Must be if you say so. I'm sure your credentials are as impeccable as Rusty's.

[/QUOTE]

Babe, I don't know who Rusty is, but if you're trying to make some slighted insult I'd rather you be direct...or at least discuss it like normal people. Fact is Brady is one of the worst deap ball passers in the league. Any analyst will tell you that, any scout will tell you that, all the film will tell you that. I'm not Brady bashing, just calling a spade a spade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Let's see D has 4 line men, 4 DBs and 3 LB 

Pats have.... Lloyd, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Welker. and Woodhead in the game.

The opposition covers

Lloyd with 2 DBs, Hernandez gets a LB,  Gronkowski a DB and LB, Welker a DB and

Woodhead/Edelman/Vereeen?Ridley gets a LB.

I'll take that every time especially when the LBs take the bait on a fake run play.

Leaves one fast guy Woodhead/Vereen/Edelman/Ridley on a LB and a Tall fast guy Gronk with a DB.

If they leave Lloyd on single coverage he will get free very easily

Sections
Shortcuts