Brandon @$%%%% Lloyd !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Brandon @$%%%% Lloyd !!!

Not nearly as great as I had hoped he would be, but not nearly as bad as you're making him out to be.

And Babe, Brady throws a bad deep ball with too much air under it and not nearly as accurate as it needs to be. Think back to the SB INT that was meant for Gronk who had his man beat by miles on a bad leg and Brady still managed to float it and give the Giants DB a chance to intercept it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Not nearly as great as I had hoped he would be, but not nearly as bad as you're making him out to be.

And Babe, Brady throws a bad deep ball with too much air under it and not nearly as accurate as it needs to be. Think back to the SB INT that was meant for Gronk who had his man beat by miles on a bad leg and Brady still managed to float it and give the Giants DB a chance to intercept it.

There's a reason Brady takes better care of the ball than anybody.

If he's going to miss deep, he's going to miss long, not short. Also, most of these low throws people complain about, he throws low to protect the ball.

You can't crow about his care of the ball then cry about the methods he employs to achieve that.

Few people even understand why Brady is so great.

On the Gronk INT in the SB, I think you're forgetting that Brady made a miraculous escape from a nasty pass rush. Seems perfection is expected from Tommy Boy and everybody else gets a mulligan with too many fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

What were people expecting from Lloyd?

Never expected him to get more targets than Welker or Gronk.

I thought he might have a chance to compete with Hernandez for targets, obviously, that's not the case when he's healthy.

Lloyd is the third/4th option on a team that has a pretty good running game. I think preseason expectations of 1000 yards was a bit much considering how many other options there are on this team.

Yes he's made a fair amount of drops, but he's also made great catches. He's an outside WR, but he's not a deep threat. He's been on like 200 teams in 10 seasons. Great receivers don't move around that much.

He's pretty much been what I've expected

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ejb222's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

RXMSG is right...Brady's weak at the deap ball. He really hasn't been really sharp the last couple games either. Some seriously bad throws, even on a couple that he usually hits 10/10.

I wasn't too sure what to expect from Lloyd when he signed. I think they should mix him in a bit more on crossing routes. Why not put his acrobatics in Brady's wheelhouse? and use Hernandez and Vereen on wheels to the outside, or even Slater as a deep receiver?

Looking forward, I really would love a Anquan Bolding type here next year. Strong and an outside receive professional.

Must be if you say so. I'm sure your credentials are as impeccable as Rusty's.

Babe, I don't know who Rusty is, but if you're trying to make some slighted insult I'd rather you be direct...or at least discuss it like normal people. Fact is Brady is one of the worst deap ball passers in the league. Any analyst will tell you that, any scout will tell you that, all the film will tell you that. I'm not Brady bashing, just calling a spade a spade.

I'm saying, PROVE IT, or ZIP IT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

With the possible exception of when Randy Moss was on the roster Brady hasn't had any real deep threats since he's been here. What's more, I'm not sure there's ever been much of a need for him to go deep on a consistent basis.  That said, I can recall a number of deep balls that TB has connected on that were true things of beauty.  His game winner to Troy Brown in Miami a number of years ago and a playoff game (I want to say following the 2004 season) against Pitt wherein he nailed Branch in full stride when the coverage was first rate and Branch was immediately tackled by the defender are but two examples.  When Randy was on the roster he used to hit him routinely on deep routes.  

Is Brady the best deep ball passer in the league?  Probably not.  Is the deep ball a 'weakness' for TB?  Hardly.

Lloyd I think has struggled a little bit to develop a rhythm with TB.  I've seen enough to view him as an asset on a squad with an impressive array of offensive weapons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Brady is not one of the worst deep ball throwers in the league.  He is just one of the best of all time short to intermediate throwers which means we design the offense around those throws.  This means we don't throw deep often and when we do it is often on a busted play.  Jesus christ half the starting QB's in this league suck on all throws so saying Brady is one of the worst in the league at anything is silly.  I agree that the deep ball is not the strongest part of his game, but let's put it in perspective a bit here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

There's a reason Brady takes better care of the ball than anybody.

If he's going to miss deep, he's going to miss long, not short. Also, most of these low throws people complain about, he throws low to protect the ball.

You can't crow about his care of the ball then cry about the methods he employs to achieve that.

Few people even understand why Brady is so great.

Okay, but he underthrew Gronk in the Superbowl that surely would have registered 6 points for them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

RXMSG is right...Brady's weak at the deap ball. He really hasn't been really sharp the last couple games either. Some seriously bad throws, even on a couple that he usually hits 10/10.

I wasn't too sure what to expect from Lloyd when he signed. I think they should mix him in a bit more on crossing routes. Why not put his acrobatics in Brady's wheelhouse? and use Hernandez and Vereen on wheels to the outside, or even Slater as a deep receiver?

Looking forward, I really would love a Anquan Bolding type here next year. Strong and an outside receive professional.

Must be if you say so. I'm sure your credentials are as impeccable as Rusty's.

Babe, I don't know who Rusty is, but if you're trying to make some slighted insult I'd rather you be direct...or at least discuss it like normal people. Fact is Brady is one of the worst deap ball passers in the league. Any analyst will tell you that, any scout will tell you that, all the film will tell you that. I'm not Brady bashing, just calling a spade a spade.

Tom Brady is not one of the worst deep ball passers in the league.  The best?  Certainly not but hardly the worst.  And every analyst I've ever heard comment on Brady's ability have called him at worst an excellent deep ball passer.  I've heard more than one call him one of the best in the league.  He just doesn't throw it deep very often because he doesn't need to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Look... I'd want no other QB than Brady on my team  !!!  Having said that I'm not blind to his shortcommings in terms throwing the deep ball.

He still is the best QB in the NFL today if not all time in my book...becasue he does everything else so well.    So the deep ball is not his forte...he more than makes up for it in all other areas.

Brandon had no problems getting open and catching deep balls with the Broncos or the Rams but suddenly in New England he sucks.   Brandon's skill set just doesn't mesh with Brady's strengths is all I'm saying.   In the Brady era has New England ever had a dyanamic deep game?  (2007 maybe but that's it)

I'm not Brady bashing for chr.... sake !!   It is what it is... and hey it's been pretty awesome since Brady took over.  Just saying it may not be Brandon's fault.

Hey, just my opinion...I'll leave it to Babe's exeprtise to judge.... sheesh  !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Brady said this morning that the guy is doing great and everytime he rewatches the film the guy is open. He admits he needs to do a better job getting him involved. Now I'm sure part of this is just Brady trying to protect a team mate, but maybe there is some truth to it as well. The guy did make the catch the only time he was thrown to yesterday.

Sections
Shortcuts